Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Is Magento any good after the changes or is he stuck in the xmans poo poo list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

He's incredibly good, yah.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mangeto owns bones inside and out. He's my favourite character post-update.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They actually finished Magneto, biggest surprise of the update.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'll add it back in. Drythe you steered me in the wrong direction. I trusted you.

Sounds like you hosed up in a few ways then.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Help, friends. What's the fun Iron Fist build? Everything I try ultimately feels less-fun than not playing Iron Fist but I am confident there has to be a way.

Iron Fist is brokenly overpowered right now, like ridiculously so. Part of that is that master of many styles is not resetting when you use stance combo powers so you can super charge your sig on any build, but the main reason is deliberate tempo gives you three abilities that hit harder than most characters sigs. For now take 3 3 3 3 1, eventually you'll have to dump master of many styles for the much shittier rolling thunder, but i doubt they'll bother nerfing him right before his netflix show drops. Fury of the five forces is your spender, tiger stance is the only stance you need, the rest of your abilities are the three that deliberate tempo buffs, sig, chi surge and dash. Both chi surge and sig reset all cooldowns so you basically hit bosses with about 10 2-3 million dmg abilities in a row.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Just a slight tweak, using the Follow Through talent instead of Eddies of Chi is probably better because double damage on most of your moves is going to be better than a weak aoe added to one of them. +100% damage on Five Hundred Fists is extremely good.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I thought it wasn't working.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

IF is great and awesome

but they are going to nerf that talent into the ground, they will cut that 500% bonus to half or less

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The most Gaz way to handle it would be to put out a new skin in conjunction with the Netflix show, then in the same patch nerf or remove that talent + one of the others, + bugfix MoMW, For The Health Of The Game, but do no other tuning to his numbers.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

IF is great and awesome

but they are going to nerf that talent into the ground, they will cut that 500% bonus to half or less

Yeah, I'm just counting on them not wanting to nerf him right before the netflix show drops to milk this another month or two. He's not just ridiculously high in damage, he's also just fun to play. Melee abilities that jump you right to your target are so much better.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Have they said anything about adding cosmic versions of the doop ectoplasm or the grenade from cosmic event? both are way too good on rogue to ditch.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I think I've failed as a father, my five year-old likes Cyclops and wants to play him on Marble Heroes the Hero Simulator Action Game. Help.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The most Gaz way to handle it would be to put out a new skin in conjunction with the Netflix show, then in the same patch nerf or remove that talent + one of the others, + bugfix MoMW, For The Health Of The Game, but do no other tuning to his numbers.

Peak Gaz would be all of this, then after two weeks of forum bitching add a small tuning numbers buff back on, but also include at least one other seemingly unrelated but vaguely spiteful nerf like "IF's travel maxes at 650." Meanwhile ignore the subsequent discovery of a more powerful, more obviously buggy, but less fun IF mechanic for at least a year.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Netflix's Frank Castle getting an update:

http://i.imgur.com/kPsUIuH.jpg

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
On the game/steam reviews,

If you haven't played the game before, the recent updates are great. People bitching about the game fundamentals are vets who (1) dont like change or (2) don't understand that you now hold down the travel power key to get across the map instead of right click.

The game has issues with content development in that it doesn't do a good job of keeping vets to stick around. Like, why gaz decides to (1) spend its limited resources on a massive rework of visuals for story missions and (2) remove stacking xp boosts, which encouraged whaling and thus making money, are both beyond me.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Logged in, have a billion things on my overflow. One is a random costume box, oh boy I think, perhaps another lame Ironing Man costume. Nope, Spider-Gwen Enhanced :sotw:

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

madcow posted:

Netflix's Frank Castle getting an update:

http://i.imgur.com/kPsUIuH.jpg

Man, Marvel refuses to give Frank a medium reg.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Erdricks posted:

On the game/steam reviews,

If you haven't played the game before, the recent updates are great. People bitching about the game fundamentals are vets who (1) dont like change or (2) don't understand that you now hold down the travel power key to get across the map instead of right click.

If you legit believe these things, you're dumb. The thing here is that there were big changes before, even changes that nerfed everything and the reaction was never this bad and were quickly resolved. There was always some blowback to some changes, but the game has gone through several changes and the ratings were never bombed like this.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

If you legit believe these things, you're dumb. The thing here is that there were big changes before, even changes that nerfed everything and the reaction was never this bad and were quickly resolved. There was always some blowback to some changes, but the game has gone through several changes and the ratings were never bombed like this.

Sorry, it's unclear if you are (1) or (2).

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
If there's one thing that's for sure, it's that the Biggest Update Ever shook the foundations of Groot Force's core. On the one side, we're got furry MAGAs suckling on Asros' teet, whipped into submission through a combination of cognitive dissonance and the sunk cost fallacy. On the other, we've got various shades of the autistic spectrum bemoaning the changes, retreating to the comfortable and poopy-pants shelter of PoE.

This is Marvel Heroes: CIVIL WAR

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Erdricks posted:

The game has issues with content development in that it doesn't do a good job of keeping vets to stick around. Like, why gaz decides to (1) spend its limited resources on a massive rework of visuals for story missions and (2) remove stacking xp boosts, which encouraged whaling and thus making money, are both beyond me.

The answer to both of those is that Asros hates fun.

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/838162376847286272

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Kheldarn posted:

The answer to both of those is that Asros hates fun.

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/838162376847286272

Also he can't read.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

He also has terrible taste in film, if the original x-men movie got him interested in superheroes.

There is not a bleeding eyes psyduck emote big enough to express my reaction to that tweet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The X-Men movies may be bad but they're better than all but two or three X-Men comic runs.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Erdricks posted:

He also has terrible taste in film, if the original x-men movie got him interested in superheroes.

Not to defend Asros, but they were decent popcorn flicks and there's a fairly good chance he was a teenager at the time because those came out seventeen goddamned years ago.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If only Donald Trump could Make Asros Good At all.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Halle Berry's performance as storm stood out, I will give it that.

In fact, well, all I remember about it was Halle Berry as storm.

Those memories are not positive.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

:rip: that lost soul who played for an average of 18 hours every single loving day in 2016.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

:rip: that lost soul who played for an average of 18 hours every single loving day in 2016.

Please don't shame ICR

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I'm pretty sure they are praising a bot or something. ICR stopped playing when he became sg leader.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Good to see that everyone knows that Magik is Cool and Good.

e; wait, is this Gaz 2016 or everyone else 2016 they are counting? Marvel Heroes haven't gotten to 2017 yet as far as I am aware

Kainser fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 7, 2017

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Rebranding would gently caress their good metacritic score. I suspect it will be 2016 forever in gazworld

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

Dunno what my guesses for most popular heroes/costumes/TUs would have been but those sure aren't it.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Just realized that none of the AP3 heroes/teamups are on that, nobody cared about their new stuff :v:

Which makes it even weirder that Black Cat and Magik are on that thing, Deadpool and Wanda are obvious but those two they aren't exactly top tier marvel properties.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 7, 2017

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Erdricks posted:

There is not a bleeding eyes psyduck emote big enough to express my reaction to that tweet.

Those X-Men movies were the only good super hero movies since like Superman in the 70s, MCU was like a decade away and there was no spiderman or dark knight. Those movies basically started the super hero fad.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Blade came first!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kainser posted:

Just realized that none of the AP3 heroes/teamups are on that, nobody cared about their new stuff :v:

Which makes it even weirder that Black Cat and Magik are on that thing, Deadpool and Wanda are obvious but those two they aren't exactly top tier marvel properties.

It implies that most of the purchases were coming from long-time players checking out the new hotness or finishing their collection, not new players picking up their favorites.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kainser posted:

b..but Kamala Khan and Miles Morales are super popular :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

malhavok posted:

Those X-Men movies were the only good super hero movies since like Superman in the 70s, MCU was like a decade away and there was no spiderman or dark knight. Those movies basically started the super hero fad.

Red Letter Media pointed out that Blade actually came out before all that X-Men stuff, was a really big earner, and quite possibly triggered alot of 90s cool trends that influenced poo poo like The Matrix. It's been promptly forgotten about by alot of people. It's in a weird-rear end place.

Mover posted:

Blade came first!

Yes.