Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I talk a lot of poo poo about Pre Rec but Jack and Rich playing 1-2 Switch is magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

FrensaGeran posted:

I talk a lot of poo poo about Pre Rec but Jack and Rich playing 1-2 Switch is magical

it was pretty good

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have now seen Logan and Get Out.

They are both very good.

Also I forgot just how bad Origins Wolverine was. Thanks, Jay and Mike (RIP).

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

powerful sex moves posted:

I haven't watched in like a year and what does the video start with? Them bitching about having technical issues. I swear to God every stream I've seen has begun with these guys having problems setting things up even though they've done it dozens of times. It's pretty amazing.

it's contempt for their audience, totally understandable

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Speaking of which, it's weird to me that Mike thinks the average age of the audience is like 14. It might be because he doesn't really interact with the fans anymore like the rest of them do. I remember once we did a quick poll in the pre rec stream chat and the average there was late 20's. I'm sure they have plenty of young fans but how do you even get like half of the references they make if you're a tiny baby?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Speaking of which, it's weird to me that Mike thinks the average age of the audience is like 14. It might be because he doesn't really interact with the fans anymore like the rest of them do. I remember once we did a quick poll in the pre rec stream chat and the average there was late 20's. I'm sure they have plenty of young fans but how do you even get like half of the references they make if you're a tiny baby?

It's probably all the youtube comment jokers that they love ragging on. But you're probably right that it has more to do with Mike mostly distancing himself from everything.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

Schweinhund posted:

The double gently caress you is that they don't even edit that poo poo out for the youtube version.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Logan's every bit as good as Jay and Mike say. Very good flick.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure that Youtube delivers some good demographic numbers to the creators, if that's what he thinks I'd bet he's right.

Besides kids can still be curious and look up references if they don't get them. I looked up things as a kid when I didn't get something but wanted to.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Schweinhund posted:

To preface: Rich does have contempt for the audience, and it's pretty deserved.

But game stream audiences like that poo poo. They like just whatever is filmed, and not only tolerate it, but demand it. I saw Vinesauce had 4000 people watching him grind one Castlevania enemy for over an hour. I saw a guy fly a plane to the north pole in Kerbal Space Program, which took 2 hours, because all his followers begged him not to edit it for time.

It's just a happy coincidence that Rich's hatred of his audience marries well with what they crave.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Plenty of people have begged to see the unedited footage of them watching movies during BotW. The guys will be like, "trust us, it's not that exciting - the only good stuff is what you see in the video. Most of it would just be us sitting there silently" but people say they don't care and want to watch it anyway. I have no idea why. Even I wouldn't wanna watch that. Probably.

Zahgaegun posted:

I'm pretty sure that Youtube delivers some good demographic numbers to the creators, if that's what he thinks I'd bet he's right.

Besides kids can still be curious and look up references if they don't get them. I looked up things as a kid when I didn't get something but wanted to.

Yeah, like I said, I'm sure they do have plenty of young viewers, it's just that I'd be surprised if they made up the majority. Mike could also be exaggerating for comedic effect because for us old people, even people in their early 20's can seem like little kids.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

achillesforever6 posted:

Basically all the problems with SS can be explained in this video by Dan Olsen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I

This was a pretty good watch. It's like the OG Plinkett reviews were done by a guy only mildly depressed with a fondness for cough syrup instead of Mr. Plinkett

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

Plenty of people have begged to see the unedited footage of them watching movies during BotW. The guys will be like, "trust us, it's not that exciting - the only good stuff is what you see in the video. Most of it would just be us sitting there silently" but people say they don't care and want to watch it anyway. I have no idea why. Even I wouldn't wanna watch that. Probably.

Cross-promotion here but if anyone else wants this sort of thing - check out Loveline. You get to hear the comedy sausage being made. There can be nights where the jokes fall flat, periods where there's no humor to be found and then sometimes an evening clicks and everything is funny.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The dregs of youtube or really any "commenting community" are absolutely awful and I don't understand how anyone who youtubes or streams for a living doesn't become totally consumed by hatred for its audience.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Every time a new BOTW comes out there's a ton of comments of "Now I get to pretend to have friends for an hour" so I know exactly why.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

The dregs of youtube or really any "commenting community" are absolutely awful and I don't understand how anyone who youtubes or streams for a living doesn't become totally consumed by hatred for its audience.

Lowtax hated us long before it was cool

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i really, really enjoyed gotg but the gotg2 trailers have all been playing up the comedy/'''''''quippy'''''''' aspects and i am worried

e: gotg was a better star wars than tfa

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 7, 2017

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Baronjutter posted:

The dregs of youtube or really any "commenting community" are absolutely awful
new gbs title imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've commented on some youtube videos

It is me

I am one of them

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

By the way this is the best opening of any HitB episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWq64x064o

e: youtube messing alot with me just starting this fucker 1 minute in.. .

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 7, 2017

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Randarkman posted:

By the way this is the best opening of any HitB episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWq64x064o

e: youtube messing alot with me just starting this fucker 1 minute in.. .

jay is short

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

"But they're funny internet guys, surely they're just being modest and it's actually a laff-a-minute chuckle fest with all the guys just rattling off zinger after zinger!"

Having watched a few minutes of some Rich solo streams, I have a good idea of what to expect from a full-length Best of the Worst viewing. The kinds of movies they watch on Best of the Worst are like 90% boring filler and 10% good funny poo poo happening. I've watched those types of movies and fallen asleep even when drunk enough to be entertained. I've seen a Len Kabasinski movie, and I love the guy but holy poo poo was it dull for about the first two-thirds.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

King Vidiot posted:

"But they're funny internet guys, surely they're just being modest and it's actually a laff-a-minute chuckle fest with all the guys just rattling off zinger after zinger!"

Having watched a few minutes of some Rich solo streams, I have a good idea of what to expect from a full-length Best of the Worst viewing. The kinds of movies they watch on Best of the Worst are like 90% boring filler and 10% good funny poo poo happening. I've watched those types of movies and fallen asleep even when drunk enough to be entertained. I've seen a Len Kabasinski movie, and I love the guy but holy poo poo was it dull for about the first two-thirds.

It will give people hours and hours of content to pour through, so they can add to their dossier about who has which political beliefs so they can drag out a single comment from 2013 and to show how liking Mike makes you an actual nazi or whatever the poo poo.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you really want to see people riffing on an entire movie mst3k style you can't go wrong with jaboody dubs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Hxk0IOT7k

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

If you really want to see people riffing on an entire movie mst3k style you can't go wrong with jaboody dubs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Hxk0IOT7k

Their commercial parodies are the best. Also Guy Fieri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGzFumqed4

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Or, you know, Rifftrax?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

JB50 posted:

Their commercial parodies are the best. Also Guy Fieri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGzFumqed4

lmao goddamn

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

If you really want to see people riffing on an entire movie

I most certainly do not 🙅🏻‍♂️

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

FrensaGeran posted:

Rich distracting Jack with AAAAAAAIIIDSS was especially magical

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Was wondering how this thread felt about cummies now? I'm bored of Jay cummies recently. Jack cummies are where it's at

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, like I said, I'm sure they do have plenty of young viewers, it's just that I'd be surprised if they made up the majority. Mike could also be exaggerating for comedic effect because for us old people, even people in their early 20's can seem like little kids.

Better friend simulator. Pros use the prereq streams because they make an effort and it's still long as gently caress to fill your empty life

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Berious posted:

Was wondering how this thread felt about cummies now? I'm bored of Jay cummies recently. Jack cummies are where it's at

gently caress u

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

Im fine with some jack cummies itt

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Jack cummies would scare me. Afraid that fire hose would literally drown me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

JB50 posted:

How on Earth could anyone eat that? And how is that man so red?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Berious posted:

Hope you got a wide mouth or a deep rear end, bitch.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMnQtfEM50

This guy should audition for the role of "Mike Stoklasa"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Capntastic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMnQtfEM50

This guy should audition for the role of "Mike Stoklasa"

lmaooooooo at this new jersey accent guy explaining the most basic camera poo poo in the world really terribly

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Been watching Jaboody dubs and dyin.

That is good poo poo. And I've only been watching the Guy Fieri and the commercials so far. gently caress yes sticky roller!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Been watching Jaboody dubs and dyin.

That is good poo poo. And I've only been watching the Guy Fieri and the commercials so far. gently caress yes sticky roller!

Why is Guy Fieri so loving red? What the gently caress is wrong with him he looks normal in the B roll before the show starts.

• Locked thread