Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I must say though there is no reason why she would be required to be the person taking the photos, we just like to bitch about everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

starkebn posted:

I must say though there is no reason why she would be required to be the person taking the photos, we just like to bitch about everything

That's not exactly accurate. The fact that the best marketer since she was a little girl is using her personal Twitter account to perform said marketing, it actually is rather disingenuous to have others post her content. This would not be the case if it were the official Twitter account for Star Citizen/Sq42/CIG/RSI/addshellcompanynamehere. So we kinda can still laugh about it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

starkebn posted:

Then post it using the official Star Citizen twitter. Is there not one?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

well that goes without saying

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Decrepus posted:

Then post it using the official Star Citizen twitter. Is there not one?

agree, but it's still not exactly immoral or dishonest. At worst, once again she's using the project to try and promote her name and face. You don't expect Mark Zuckerberg to use the official facebook account to post poo poo, he'll do it under his name.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

remember when she was 'bullied' off twitter lol

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/jFM1poW.gifv

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

remember when she was 'bullied' off twitter lol

Professional Victim: The next blockbuster from Hollywood producer Chris Roberts starring Sandi Gardiner!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what the gently caress

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

alf_pogs posted:

what the gently caress

Cat meets carpet. The winner is obvious from the start.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If a cat can fit its whiskers through something it can fit its whole body through.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
cats are barely solid

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

trucutru posted:

I recommend you go play some Star Marine. I heard it is pretty drat good.

5 players can't be wrong.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Snazzy Frocks posted:

cats are barely solid

proof

http://www.boredpanda.com/cats-are-liquids/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

5 players can't be wrong.

I have to imagine Oz is a little bit lonely on the SM front.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

agree, but it's still not exactly immoral or dishonest.

Everything about Star Citizen has been screaming immoral & dishonest for years. I get that some people think there's a real project here or that there'll be a game someday but no.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/838897708530163717

Describe your character, that is identical to every other character apart from your limited choice of clothing (some of which isn't in the game).

AP fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 7, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have to imagine Oz is a little bit lonely on the SM front.

Speaking of being lonely, isn't Fuzzy Modem supposed to be ready for trial soon?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

$40 a piece.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

AP posted:

Everything about Star Citizen has been screaming immoral & dishonest for years. I get that some people think there's a real project here or that there'll be a game someday but no.

Describe your character, that is identical to every other character apart from your limited choice of clothing (some of which isn't in the game).

Bald, mostly nude white guy with nipple jets

starkebn
May 18, 2004

AP posted:

true, but I'm just talking about Sandi posting photos, that other staff have taken, on her twitter to promote the project

it's pretty dumb, but that's how she rolls

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/798931340439629825

Remember when Sandi tweeted this, and all the comments assumed it was showing new clothes for the PU, and they were adding dynamic cloth physics to the engine... but no, It was someone putting the final touches on the completely pointless mocapped ship salesman from the November anniversary stream.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MilesK posted:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/798931340439629825

Remember when Sandi tweeted this, and all the comments assumed it was showing new clothes for the PU, and they were adding dynamic cloth physics to the engine... but no, It was someone putting the final touches on the completely pointless mocapped ship salesman from the November anniversary stream.

So the Trelane NPC has been confirmed for 3.0.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

orcane posted:

But does it have pointlessly elaborate missile loading animations like Clown Robbers' masterwork epic?

They think this is whats gonna happen whenever they fire missilies in the pu.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They think this is whats gonna happen whenever they fire missilies in the pu.

This has to be the most retarded animation yet. How does this even begin to make sense for handling ordinance 900 years into the future?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

No. You just destroy all that he covets. Take away all of the things that mean anything to him. And look at him square in the eye when you do it.

Derek is literally that no nonsense panda from those Swedish panda cheese commercials.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

I would like to be a white man of average height with no hair and a thousand yard stare. I also want the super power of RCS thrusters from hidden ports on my body and nipples.

I know this is oddly specific but please CIG, don't let my dream die. :ohdear:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

This has to be the most retarded animation yet. How does this even begin to make sense for handling ordinance 900 years into the future?

That thing is like 3 years old. By now nothing of that work is compatible with the current "game" so you don't have to worry about it.

Currently the plan is to have you scan your credit card in the spectrum to buy torpedoes with a 3% discount and then just watch some triangles in your HUD fly towards the enemy.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

DapperDon posted:

The loading animation looks like something from shell loading in a WW2 battleship. Missile cruisers today use nothing like that. Why?

BECAUSE YOU COULD JUST USE loving VERTICAL LAUNCH TUBES.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Armadillo Tank posted:

The loading animation looks like something from shell loading in a WW2 battleship. Missile cruisers today use nothing like that. Why?

But then it would not fit the Croberts idea of WWII in space, only slower and stupider.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Armadillo Tank posted:

Even WW2 battleships aren't that complicated.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The best part is that if you gently caress it up you end up jamming the mechanism. Brilliant design philosophy there.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The best part is that if you gently caress it up you end up jamming the mechanism. Brilliant design philosophy there.

I think it's safe to say Chris Roberts doesn't have a degree in mechanical engineering. This sort of "I have no idea what I'm doing! :smuggo: charm is what makes Star Citizen great.

It'll be a prime contender against Elite 2 in another decade.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My favorite part is the commando sheering ramrod in the center. No idea what it is accomplishing but it sure looks painful.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Titanic posted:

I think it's safe to say Chris Roberts doesn't have a degree in mechanical engineering. This sort of "I have no idea what I'm doing! :smuggo: charm is what makes Star Citizen great.

It'll be a prime contender against Elite 2 in another decade.

Chris Roberts has part of a degree in physics. It shows in everything he approves.

Virtual Captain posted:

My favorite part is the commando sheering ramrod in the center. No idea what it is accomplishing but it sure looks painful.

Its job is to look good and make the tedious job of loading torpedo after torpedo exciting.

Actually wait, that's giving CIG too much credit.

Its job is to look good.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Indeed it is. Then I can go EVA and use my grabby hands to clear the jam. Lovin' the fidelity, chaps/chapettes.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 7, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Samizdata posted:

Indeed it is. Then I can go EVA and use my grabby hands to clear the jam. Lovin' the fidelity, chaps/chapettes.

Hopefully you paid $20 for the hammer, otherwise it's going to take you 30 minutes per torpedo.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DapperDon posted:

Because, that is basically how Star Wars did it, but mechanical. And EVERYONE knows Star Wars is the BEST SCI-FI EVER!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

That thing is like 3 years old. By now nothing of that work is compatible with the current "game" so you don't have to worry about it.

Currently the plan is to have you scan your credit card in the spectrum to buy torpedoes with a 3% discount and then just watch some triangles in your HUD fly towards the enemy.

Those missiles are still $40 a piece, right? I don't remember where the missile prices are to double check, but are they still 40,000 credits, with 1,000 credits costing $1? I think there was also a variety of missile that cost 70,000 credits.

That missile loading animation would cost at least $400.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chris Roberts has part of a degree in physics. It shows in everything he approves.

Chris Roberts is the text book example of a physics degree drop out, which he literally is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Titanic posted:

Pretty sure Chris barely has a high school degree. No college ever. Left that up to his wife.