Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

zelah posted:

The Target Center's floor is apparently drenched with condensation from the ice under it. Blazers are supposed to tip off in an hour

Haha, they are lowering the temp in the stadium to reduce condensation. The wild don't even play there, must have been since Disney on ice thing or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Lockback posted:

Haha, they are lowering the temp in the stadium to reduce condensation. The wild don't even play there, must have been since Disney on ice thing or something.

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/838908061880315905

"Buy some concession stand stuff before we shut 'er down for the night."

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Silver's a genius and is poaching one of the only fun parts of the NFL which is the slippy-slidy late-season games.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Jaylen Brown is having a decent stretch of games and he's starting to get that Knicks rookie treatment from it.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/uuords/status/838840651819151361

This draft class will probably average out to have great players and be fine overall...but right now? Ouch.

I had to read that a second time to realize he was specifically talking about people drafted in 2016. At first I was like Embiid and Saric are both rookies and averaging over 10 ppg.

But yeah this draft class from 2016 has been so bad, it probably improves the views people have of anyone that does half way decent for a little bit.

Jota fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 7, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Athanatos posted:

And postponed

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/838918572269309956

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Brad Ruiter's going to get a nighttime visit from Adam Silver in bat form to explain this poo poo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

chunkles posted:

Brad Ruiter's going to get a nighttime visit from Adam Silver in bat form to explain this poo poo

It's 65 degrees in the twin cities today and we have the earliest ever tornado watch. In some fairness, the weather is major hosed.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/838923533782757376

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My coach :allears:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Whoops

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Athanatos posted:

Any news of when it''s postponed to?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
fractured tibia for bogut.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

The fact that the pick looks less and less ridiculous as the season goes on is more than I could have ever asked for

I still think Ainge did fairly bad at that draft, like but Brown is probably the best move he made, or at least the most understandable. I would've rather had Brown than Bender at least as far as prospects go and if you just had to have a small forward those were really just about the options at that pick.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I went to the grocery store for a few minutes only to return and find everyone talking about crying

YOU KIDS SHUT YOUR drat CRYING THIS INSTANT OR I'LL GIVE YOUSE SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Brolander posted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Brolander posted:

That has to be the fastest signing-to-injury in NBA history

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

I went to the grocery store for a few minutes only to return and find everyone talking about crying

What's on the menu my man

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

What's on the menu my man

Haddock stuffed with crab

Bogut is a weak man

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
holy gently caress Bogut, 1 min played and breaks leg...hes that bad luck meme guy isnt he

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Knicks are resting Carmelo Anthony in order to accidentally make the playoffs or something.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BoonyPC posted:

holy gently caress Bogut, 1 min played and breaks leg...hes that bad luck meme guy isnt he

It sucks for Bogut that he broke his leg, it's not as bad as Cavs fans think though. He isn't good anymore and would have destroyed their offense by being on the floor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

It sucks for Bogut that he broke his leg, it's not as bad as Cavs fans think though. He isn't good anymore and would have destroyed their offense by being on the floor.

Bogut playing against the warriors was the only way the Warriors were going to win.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That's impressively quick, even for Bogut

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dion Waiters is one of the few players to defeat both Finals teams

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Bogut is a weak man

That sounds great. Can you buy it like that or are you the stuffer emulating your favorite dunks? You know, a dunk used to be called a stuff once upon a time.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Bogut is a weak man

That sounds delicious. I just ate the mf world famous Gus's fried chicken with some tea and now I'm watching Memphis struggle against the wildly lovely Nets

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
who dare denies the star that is dion now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I cried a bit during Ben Wallace's jersey retirement and also the Friday Night Lights episode "The Son"

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

same but every episode

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

who dare denies the star that is dion now

Why didn't he shine brightly when he was with Durant and Russ at OKC?

questions

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

That sounds great. Can you buy it like that or are you the stuffer emulating your favorite dunks? You know, a dunk used to be called a stuff once upon a time.

I make them, but you can buy them like that from the fish counter here, which is how I originally got the idea. It's really good. I'd put some lobster in too but I'm not a big fan of lobster even though I've spent 90% of my life in Maine

NickRoweFillea posted:

That sounds delicious. I just ate the mf world famous Gus's fried chicken with some tea and now I'm watching Memphis struggle against the wildly lovely Nets

I fear the Celtics are about to endure a slide, so I need some fish.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/thebig3/status/838802820124000262

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IS THAT IVAN JOHNSON

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Reggie Evans gonna hustle and scrap his way to big 3 mvp

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm very excited that ivan johnson has another opportunity to be banned from a basketball competition

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spoeank posted:

Reggie Evans gonna hustle and scrap his way to big 3 mvp

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm very excited that ivan johnson has another opportunity to be banned from a basketball competition

These things would both make me happy.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

R.D. Mangles posted:

We'll see our second case of on the court cannibalism.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

The biggest story is probably Ainge's reach for Jaylen Brown working out as well as it did.

The second is giving us a jump ball between two 5'9 guys in the NBA

All of us pro youtube clip watchers are going to have to eat our words about Jaylen the bust Brown if he keeps playing the way he's been playing.

I don't think it disproves the heuristic that not being able to make layups or jumpshots is not a positive for NBA prospects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Big 3 confirmed not going to china, or perhaps anywhere in Asia, I am not clear on the ban.

• Locked thread