Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

no idea, did he die or something?

anyway, i remember using this trick last in prophecy league, but i havent played crit builds since

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklySplendidMosquitoArsonNoSexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
well that seemed to have worked out poorly

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

well that seemed to have worked out poorly
Yeah, the plan there was to kill the one he charged into noticeably faster than it happened.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
btw that Mortem Morsu build seems to be strong as heck, and except for Malachai's Vision and the obligatory 6L chest it's super cheap too!

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Ah yeah just a 6L np

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

League stones are an awesome mechanic. It makes the slog through the game 3x more fun

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

peak debt posted:

Ah yeah just a 6L np

well, Dan tried it with just 5: Blade Flurry, Added Chaos, Void Manipulation, Increased Critical Damage, AoE (Increased for packs, Concentrated for bosses), and you can argue that he did take down the duo :v:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Magus42 posted:

No. Bindings are not stored per weapon set.

I have blink arrow and a bow on my swap and it changes my skillbar when I hit X

am I just the chosen one or something

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm real sad that it seems either legacy kaom's heart didn't make it in, or it is so insanely rare I'll never be able to afford it anyways. :sigh:

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

J posted:

I'm real sad that it seems either legacy kaom's heart didn't make it in, or it is so insanely rare I'll never be able to afford it anyways. :sigh:

it's been 3 days since the league started you dummy

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mr. Whale posted:

it's been 3 days since the league started you dummy

Yeah, but there are already legacy versions of other similarly rare uniques up for sale.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I got a legacy kaoms I wouldn't be selling it. I would make the fattest goddamn character ever.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Soothing Vapors posted:

It can work if you're not doing anything too specific. For example if you wanted to bind right click to a skill in your helmet in set A but to your weapon in set B I don't think you could make it work.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is there such a thing as a tanky, non-CI BF build with amazing clear speed or is that asking for too many good things in one build? The Lazy Pally looks to be the closest but the clear speed looks suspect.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never played a hybriid build before so I got some dumb questions.
1. If im taking MoM, do i necessarily need eb and reaver? I should have 4k life and 4k es.
2. Say i have 200 mana unreserved, and i get hit for 1000. Does it take me to 0 mana and bleed 800 into life or does it effetively take 30% of the hit anyway? And take 700 life?
3. Is 4k life 4k es 1k mana enough. Im not expecting to kill shaper, just t12 maps or so.

Im zombies/srs btw running clarity and AA and prob HoI.
Kthx

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So I managed to get an Ancient Reliquery key to drop. Those are used in the map device to get a chest to one of the legacy uniques correct? I haven't actually reached the map device yet, so should I just burn it as soon as I can? Is it a better value to sell?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It's gambling basically. Do you want to sell the key for a guaranteed 40c or use it for a small chance at untold riches and a much larger chance of legacy sadima's gloves

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Knifegrab posted:

I'm mostly swapping weapons because I play Poe to have fun and I don't honestly give a poo poo if I'm not min maxing or making an on-paper good character. I enjoy having an elemental bow and chaos want, sue me.

As long as you're OK with being unable to finish the game.

Soothing Vapors posted:

You aren't trying to rebind left click like he was, and if you have a matching number of skills in each weapon set it can work coincidentally because it empties out 1 or 2 slots, then they're filled by the other 1 or 2 skills appearing, and vice versa.

Hamburger Test posted:

It can work if you're not doing anything too specific. For example if you wanted to bind right click to a skill in your helmet in set A but to your weapon in set B I don't think you could make it work.

This is correct.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

ButtWolf posted:

Never played a hybriid build before so I got some dumb questions.
1. If im taking MoM, do i necessarily need eb and reaver? I should have 4k life and 4k es.
2. Say i have 200 mana unreserved, and i get hit for 1000. Does it take me to 0 mana and bleed 800 into life or does it effetively take 30% of the hit anyway? And take 700 life?
3. Is 4k life 4k es 1k mana enough. Im not expecting to kill shaper, just t12 maps or so.

Im zombies/srs btw running clarity and AA and prob HoI.
Kthx

First off HoI doesn't effect summons.

If you are a summoner ghost reaver is pointless, you aren't doing any leech. EB is up to you, but that's going to put you out of balance by alot.
If you have 200 mana and you take 1000 dmg that means you take 800 from the pool on the left and 200 from the pool on the right.
That's probably fine for maps. I wouldn't take MoM either way for you currently. 4k lifepool means you need about 1.7k manapool to maximize MoM reductions: if you swap to EB you are way overboard on your mana pool (4k/4.2k vs ideal of 4k/1.7k) and if you stay hybrid, then using MoM does almost nothing for you (8k/.2k vs ideal of 8k/3.4k).

just my two cents.

J
Jun 10, 2001

In light of the 1h buffs, what 1h base types are you guys picking up this league that you weren't already picking up in previous leagues?

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
Sceptres because I have seen the light of shield charge over whirling blades, and they can have attack and cast speed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fairly strict custom greengroove filter: http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/advanced/Greengroove/10e5k0o

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

whypick1 posted:

Have you tried Filtration.

To anyone who has used filtration, does an item fall down the list and hit hte first rule it matches? Like is there a default catchall at the bottom of hide or show? Like if an item falls through the filters but never matches any what happens?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MannersPlease posted:

just my two cents.

Awesome thanks. What sould i run instead of Hoi? I dont want to go alphas howl or anything so... AA Clarity Haste?

Also arm/es is trash right?

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 6, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Knifegrab posted:

To anyone who has used filtration, does an item fall down the list and hit hte first rule it matches? Like is there a default catchall at the bottom of hide or show? Like if an item falls through the filters but never matches any what happens?

It will show unless you direct it otherwise.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

got my pizza totem inquis into dried lake last night. im totally ssf right now (just because im lazy and havent felt like buying poo poo yet) and it is performing really well for having just the worst gear and only normal ascendancy. broke 100m xp/h no sweat.

decided to try merc lab and got 1shot by shotgun blasts twice. probably need to fix my ~7% fire resist although both times were just me being stupid. first one i stood still and 2nd one i tried to shield charge under it before it hit lol.

never used mind over matter before and it seems really cool for some extra buffer on life builds. i think i might try turning off arctic armor for the extra mana.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Thinking of going Kripp's Abyssal Cry build and abuse chaos double-dipping while I still can.

For single-target I'm on the fence between normal blade furry (+ 4 supports) vs. BF-CWC-bladefall (+2 supports). I probably won't be able to afford more than a 5L for now.

Pros/cons of each? Does it just come down to 'can I get 100%(ish) damage increase from 2 the two worst support skills' (I think two 40% 'more' multipliers would get you close)?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Trip Report: Deidbellow Warchief Totem Champion

Here's my profile if you want to check it out:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters

Why Champion over a class that's actually intended for totems? Mostly for fun and because I've played other totem builds before, and I've never played a Duelist. It worked out shockingly well and it couldn't be simpler; there are no hidden intricate mechanics that make things work, you're just a big beefy stack of meat and damage that jumps around the map like the Hulk. There's no required gear at all and Champion Chiefs would be fully SSF viable, but Deidbellow makes a pretty big difference and speeds up the playstyle a lot, and being a fated unique would be particularly rare in SSF. Eventually I will also have Perseverance for even more crazy speed stacking.

The biggest problem is that Champion has nothing going on to make totems more durable, and warchief totems (especially with Conc Effect) are going to take a beating. I solved this by spending 6 points in totem defense/life nodes which initially felt regrettable because they're totem defense/life nodes, but they actually feel really good to have. I do roughly 50/50 split phys/elemental damage with auras and supports and my totems are tanky enough to laugh off global reflect maps as well as hits from bosses.

"That's not a big deal," you might think, "you're a totem guy, you can just recast them". And you're right, you can just recast them. But what if you didn't have to? Think of all the extra free time you'll have! I had to find something to fill up that free time because I'm a totem guy and it's not like I can be doing damage with attacks, so I had to find some kind of active-use ability that could benefit my totems without dealing direct damage. Deidbellow with Rallying Cry was the glowing obvious choice - 20% damage, attack speed, cast speed, and movespeed for spamming a warcry that gives me even more damage? Well, sure! The speed is even party-wide!

I figured that if I was going to be leaping in to enemy packs for more Rallying Cry damage I might as well do something cool with the leap, too, so I currently have it linked with Curse on Hit + Temp Chains which compounds with my already high defenses to keep me safe until I can get out.

This is an ideal build for running people through things like lab for all of the obvious reasons, but also because you're giving them 28% increased movespeed through warcry and Champion passives, and you have enough leapstrike attack speed and totem placement speed to clear almost every enemy you pass in lab without slowing down. I've been selling lab carries and a Merc Lab takes me anywhere from 6-10 minutes. (Addendum: Don't sell lab carries in this league, you won't get any leaguestones in the process).

My current DPS is around 60-70k tooltip per totem when buffed and has plenty of room to expand (Perseverance, 6l, a weapon that isn't Kondo's Pride, rings/amulet/gloves with damage on them, more damage nodes which give me huge returns, gem levels/quality, better jewels etc) so while this might not be able to do very-endgame stuff this is the most power I've ever seen out of a no-frills league starter character.

If you're looking for a strong, easy to play and easy to build starter character but you find regular totems boring, maybe give this a try! It's a very active playstyle and you could get all of the gear I have for like 12 chaos total. I intended this to be basically a dry lake farmer but now I'm actually finding it fun and I'm curious to see how far I can push it, so I'll stick with it for a while until I can do end-game bosses and easily carry uber lab.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 6, 2017

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
My SSF ED Occultist has been proving a blast to play, but she keeps turning up +Physical Damage uniques and I kind of want to try using this Dervish I got by turning in a set of The Gentleman, since I have an Ezomyte Hold, a Blackheart, and a Prismweave waiting for me to roll one up. Dervish's stat reqs (level 59, 82 Str/119 Dex) pretty much say 'Duelist,' but Hold's 'You cannot evade' kind of leans me Marauder. Playing around in Path of Building, it looks like getting the required Dex is going to be a rough stretch -- by level 59, how viable is it to have 100+ Dex through random gear? Hands, feet, and chests won't roll +dex unless I pick bases with +Eva, which seems like a bad call, but with one amulet and one ring slot open I'd need near-perfect Dex rolls (the range tops out at +55 Dex) on both. Can I craft +Dex onto bases where it wouldn't occur naturally? That's probably the easiest way to address it.

Will also need a Facebreaker, since Ice Crash supports Unarmed and therefore works whether or not the Dervish is flying around. Too gimmicky? Should I let this idea go?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So like, how do people go about regearing?

You've hit dried lake, you've saved up a bit of currency, you've got the cheap uniques for your build and you know what your attribute requirements and total required resistences are gonna be. It seems like every item you buy makes the remaining ones more restrictive. I don't think it's really worth dropping fusings unless the item itself is worth multiple chaos? But chromes are probably ok as long as the bias is towards the colours you need.

I guess start with your body armour and boots, with as much life/defence/res/movespeed as possible, then just work through the other socketed pieces and leave (e:) belt and jewelry for last? If you have three 4l setups, allow the boots to be any of them, then the gloves to be either of the next two , etc? Concentrate on res on the body pieces so that the jewelry can focus on damage or the more esoteric mods you don't see elsewhere?

I feel I paint myself into a corner a bit. I'm probably overthinking it. This is honestly where I usually drop the game for a week or two as I don't find it very fun.

Fuzzy Mammal fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 6, 2017

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Cap resists first of all, and I do this by getting cheap items with lots of res on them: belt, rings, amulet. You can get cheap 100 resist rings (with no life, <1c) so if you get 2 of those you need a lot less more. A fat resist belt is easy too, so that's 250 resists for around 3c. From there I usually continue, using +30 stat nodes whenever needed

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Death Dealer posted:

To expand on please knock's post - SRS aura Necromancer is a REALLY good support build without literally being an energy shield dispenser, plus SRS is a fairly strong skill with even just a 3-link.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/ - A very in-depth guide that explains the mechanics behind the build quite well.
Quoting this to find the guide later.

I'm up through the middle of A4N with this, going fairly smooth. Meaning that I haven't had a gear-check moment where the self-found stuff hasn't been good enough, just starting to get enough currency to buy something to take the edge off if it does get rough. The guide paints a dire picture around the ES transition, the CWC WI build really spoiled me on CI.

I'm finally casting fast enough to get 20 SRS out, nothing's going to change that limit?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I feel I paint myself into a corner a bit. I'm probably overthinking it. This is honestly where I usually drop the game for a week or two as I don't find it very fun.
I've never done a total regear like that. Always piece-by-piece until I ask the thread and am kindly directed to the lvl20 piece still hanging around.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

What the hell is this worth:

Listed for 5 ex because there's nothing like it in league. Searching 90 life, 110+ res, 50 spell damage shields in standard, there's one 10 month old listing that seems to never be online for 45c, one for 3 exalts, and then one with 20% higher res but worse life and spell damage for 10 exalts.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Keep in mind standard prices are crazy. The people who play standard have absurd amounts of currency since they've been building it for years. I don't know what that's worth but I highly doubt it's worth 5ex.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So, with Pyre :rip: is vortex traps or poison vortex dead this league? Or would it still be doable?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
So I got a near perfect FB at 797% Unarmed damage.

I can probably sell it for 30-40 Chaos.

Should I keep it or make a FB build? Are FB builds good?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I used to use FB to level almost every character before it was nerfed. Makes leveling trivial all you need is some flat damage on everything and smash faces all that way to maps, and then start using whatever build or skills you planned for.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Sell the 797 for 30-40c.

Buy a 750.

Pocket the rest for other slots.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Sell the 797 for 30-40c.

Buy a 750.

Pocket the rest for other slots.

That's brilliant, I'll do that

Also, guns in this game would be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any good start-friendly scorching ray builds out there? Just SR or CWC, I'm not picky, I just kinda wanna use the kamehameha wave.

• Locked thread