Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

WELCOME TO THR BREAK ZONE

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

lol this is completely normal guys

there's been an E-4 (strategic command's "doomsday plane", it would carry every important member of government if poo poo were actually going down) flying over my head the entire night annoying the gently caress out of me. they regularly take those things up on touch-and-go and cross country training flights

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't think NK would cause a global war because no one cares about them. However, a conflict with them would still result in a massive loss of life on both sides.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

I want people to play that stupid Dragon Age tabletop RPG with. That's my bucket list before our Donny-caused nuclear apocalypse.

Oh god.

Whenever I think about Dragon Age I get mad at how badly DA2 hosed up the tone and flavor of mages and magic and how that basically cut down a fantasy universe as it took its first steps, cause they doubled down on it in DA3

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thats a p poor way to remoge seeds from a melon imo

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/annafifield/status/838962593326825472

Dunno if they're deliberately trying to outsmart missile defenses. The article just states that NK shot off four missiles and that launching four missiles simultaneously would be difficult for THAAD systems to intercept.

But regardless, RIP Japan and, shortly thereafter, everyone else

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nichael posted:

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't think NK would cause a global war because no one cares about them. However, a conflict with them would still result in a massive loss of life on both sides.

what two sides, night nork and day nork??? because wed just drone em and be done w things

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

triple sulk posted:

i wanna keep talking tcgs cause im a fuckin nerd and it's less depressing than the state of world affairs at this very moment but i have a serious question: if we/someone else just wiped nk off of the face of the earth, what nations would objectively give a poo poo that they were gone for good because i can't imagine it's very many (aside from nk themselves, although the citizens might honestly lust for the sweet embrace of death and a release from crippling dictatorship)

south korea cares. they still see north koreans as countrymen and wouldnt want to see them killed. south korea is also really scared of a refugee crisis in north korea because they would be expected to bear the burden of millions of malnourished and under-educated north koreans flocking to them.

china probably cares in that north korea is an ally, but not really because north korea is a minor ally that causes a lot of trouble internationally.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

send that moubtain back to hell

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So uh, Parity Warning was NOT a weremonitor. He starved to death in captivity. Sad!

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Colbert just made a dont sign your posts joke about the clown ending a tweet with "bad (or sick) guy!"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I worked in Navy aviation for 5 years and I never heard of an EA-6B Prowler being called a "doomsday plane." loving morons

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
that thaad deployment has been planned for a while and fucks up their deterrent

some kind of plausibly thaad-defeating missile test by NK is totally predictable and probably even rational/reasonable

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Whenever I think about Dragon Age I get mad at how badly DA2 hosed up the tone and flavor of mages and magic and how that basically cut down a fantasy universe as it took its first steps, cause they doubled down on it in DA3

Dragon Age 2 was a good game.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Regular Nintendo posted:

Colbert just made a dont sign your posts joke about the clown ending a tweet with "bad (or sick) guy!"

lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

tbf this is how I taught my dog to swim and now he really likes it

also he has short legs so it was like knee-deep at best and I was right there to pull him out if needed

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Kissing goblins.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
the trick to missile defense is to have nothing worth wasting a missile on. that's bannon's true plan: when america is a desolate hellscape we'll finally be safe because nobody will voluntarily come here.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

blue squares posted:

I worked in Navy aviation for 5 years and I never heard of an EA-6B Prowler being called a "doomsday plane." loving morons

whatplane wouks you call the dokmsaday plane

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Squizzle posted:

whatplane wouks you call the dokmsaday plane

the majestic and shining F-35

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a real chump posted:

Kissing goblins.

succuvus w a gobljb

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Why would they tell us the eventual intended target? Are they just posturing for food/aid like I've heard they do every so often?

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

triple sulk posted:

i wanna keep talking tcgs cause im a fuckin nerd and it's less depressing than the state of world affairs at this very moment but i have a serious question: if we/someone else just wiped nk off of the face of the earth, what nations would objectively give a poo poo that they were gone for good because i can't imagine it's very many (aside from nk themselves, although the citizens might honestly lust for the sweet embrace of death and a release from crippling dictatorship)

in my non-expert understanding NK has intentionally limited the monetary and food security of its people so that any major attack will result in mass starvation and a panic driven exodus of its people to both china and south korea. neither of those countries want that to happen because (a) a massive influx of refugees is never fun and (b) the average north korean has literally been starved to the point that their brain couldn't develop correctly and then pumped full of propaganda until their world view is completely warped, so you'd be dealing with a refugee wave of idiots who can't function outside of their current society. also NK's baseline response to any attack is to lob explosives randomly into seoul which would kill thousands of people.

but no worries friend, president trump is very smart and a pro-tier negotiator so between him and his crack team of A+ list cabinet members they'll figure out a way to de-escalate this thing to the best possible interests of all involved.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't think NK would cause a global war because no one cares about them.

i mean they'd definitely try

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

blue squares posted:

the majestic and shining F-35

becaue it wont work beforw doomdday??????

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nichael posted:

this guy gets it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PDP-1 posted:

any major attack will result in mass starvation and a panic driven exodus of its people to both china and south korea

actually this is the north korea status quo

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

What makes the cool artifacts in the timg?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

becaue it wont work beforw doomdday??????

hearing the alarm, i suit up and leap into my trusty f-35, and hit the ignition

immediately, the wings of the jet fly off

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

PDP-1 posted:

in my non-expert understanding NK has intentionally limited the monetary and food security of its people so that any major attack will result in mass starvation and a panic driven exodus of its people to both china and south korea. neither of those countries want that to happen because (a) a massive influx of refugees is never fun and (b) the average north korean has literally been starved to the point that their brain couldn't develop correctly and then pumped full of propaganda until their world view is completely warped, so you'd be dealing with a refugee wave of idiots who can't function outside of their current society. also NK's baseline response to any attack is to lob explosives randomly into seoul which would kill thousands of people.

but no worries friend, president trump is very smart and a pro-tier negotiator so between him and his crack team of A+ list cabinet members they'll figure out a way to de-escalate this thing to the best possible interests of all involved.

if the first wave of attacks wrre inclucesd bombihg oyt every road and pass betwrrn nk and china then china woulf provavly sign off on yr op

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

:woof:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i guess a NEACP would be like inherently a doomsday plane

but once i was on an airbus a330 going to toronto and i went to use the shitter and i guess i didnt close the door right bc while i was sitting there the door started to open and the two young canadian lady flight attendants were sitting right there and i was embarrassed even though they were facing away from me so it felt like doomsday

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

south korea cares. they still see north koreans as countrymen and wouldnt want to see them killed. south korea is also really scared of a refugee crisis in north korea because they would be expected to bear the burden of millions of malnourished and under-educated north koreans flocking to them.

china probably cares in that north korea is an ally, but not really because north korea is a minor ally that causes a lot of trouble internationally.

north korea is like china's lovely uncle, you'd maybe do him a favor sometime but you wouldn't be broken up if he just exploded one day

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

blue squares posted:

They meant the E-6 Mercury.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

Oh.

You're a madman. I'm sorry.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Build a new Seoul. Gradually evacuate old Seoul for the new Seoul. Then let KJU lob a bunch of missiles at empty buildings until his excitement causes him to wheeze uncontrollably. Capture him - swaddle him - give him a bonnet - now tell him repeatedly that he is quite nearly the cutest baby in the world - and then follow him around the world as he solemnly trains to become the number *one* most cute baby in the world.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nichael posted:

:same:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

is every loving building in north korea some sort of warehouse or is this just what those depressing soviet apartment blocks look like from space

the 360 view of pyongyang is really loving with my imagination

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
north korea is unlikely to cause ww3

it will however cause probably the single largest humanitarian crisis in maybe ever idk

also the RSC has come out against the AHCA. That's probably murder she wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Dragon Age 3 was a good game.

• Locked thread