Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Haquer posted:

7:49 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: wushu2 is a survival game too <3
7:50 AM - Haquer™ :^]: yeah how is that going to work
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: i dunno they only let us play every other weekend and make major changes between versions
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: esp since a lot of the stuff they had at the start was just waaaaay to extreme
7:51 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: although i enjoyed the concept of cageing away ppl after incapacitating them
7:52 AM - Cookie 幸运饼: knock out cmk and put him away for 5 hours in our own guildbase!

I wouldn't get your hopes up

what's wrong with you this sounds amazing already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

kznlol posted:

what's wrong with you this sounds amazing already

the glut of survival games lately has been poo poo

also locking away a character was one of the dumbest things (even though we abused the poo poo out of it since it existed, it was still hella dumb :shrug:)

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I do miss doing the drop a bounty just before they died/while bleeding out thing, that poo poo was hilarious

Hell even with the timer added (like 3 minutes between being bountied and it going live) most people would afk and then constables could kill them while they were in the "safe" zones, I threw pay2wins in jail all the time doing that poo poo

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kung fu survival sounds amazing though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Haquer posted:

also locking away a character was one of the dumbest things (even though we abused the poo poo out of it since it existed, it was still hella dumb :shrug:)

Entertaining prisoners with games of Weiqi was fun.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

super sweet best pal posted:

Entertaining prisoners with games of Weiqi was fun.

I remember when somebody got their hands on a chinese GM client and a few of us started toying with it (and this is how we figured out how teleporting bots did their thing)

we clipped through the walls in the jails but we couldn't reset the player state so you couldn't do anything and couldn't go too far away before the game threw you back inside of it

I still have no clue how the botmasters managed to get the server to agree with the speed/position their bots were moving

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Haquer posted:

I still have no clue how the botmasters managed to get the server to agree with the speed/position their bots were moving

Hopefully they learned from the first chinagame experience and chingame2.0 will have more check and a lot less trust in the client side.

The glut of survival game have been poo poo because there is no goal to them. Its just "manage your health, food and stamina bar" forever. Rust, Ark and Exile add a second layer of "stay top tog on your server" so that a little something else, but not a lot more. Lots of Dev forgot that Minecraft did not succeed because of the "mine" part.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Haquer posted:

I think it was an amazing way of making deaths potentially meaningful without making people too terrified to risk dying ever.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
Essentially the only reason I come to SA any more is to check this thread for news of Age of Wushu or Moonlight Blade coming to the West. Now both are happening.

This is a good day

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Zipline posted:

Essentially the only reason I come to SA any more is to check this thread for news of Age of Wushu or Moonlight Blade coming to the West. Now both are happening.

This is a good day

Yeah, Next big happening would be AOW 2 expected worldwide this summer ? In the case of Moonlight Blade at first i was eager to try it, but the new "make a teenage character" option is really setting my creepy detector to 11.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

aleksendr posted:

Yeah, Next big happening would be AOW 2 expected worldwide this summer ? In the case of Moonlight Blade at first i was eager to try it, but the new "make a teenage character" option is really setting my creepy detector to 11.

no no you see it's fine that you can make loli versions of yourself in ONLY the korean version

this is fine because,

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Well that's just because they haven't released in japan yet.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
There's no way Age of Wushu 2 is coming this summer. I'd be surprised if it makes it to early access by the end of the year. Dark & Light was supposed to come in December but now it's being pushed back until "later this year".

Is Age of Wushu 2 even an MMO? They keep talking about it like they did with Dark & Light and that turned out to be an Ark ripoff (which makes sense since they quietly bought the Ark studio and it's being developed by some of the guys behind Ark) and I'd imagine they're sharing tech between D&L/Wushu2/that pirate sandbox they're releasing in 2018.

Moonlight Blade is launching a closed beta in South Korea next week btw, published by Nexon. Won't be surprised if Tencent self-publishes here to push their brand. Just saw their logo pop up when I saw the new King Kong and was reading a press release about Ark.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 15, 2017

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Alexander DeLarge posted:

There's no way Age of Wushu 2 is coming this summer. I'd be surprised if it makes it to early access by the end of the year. Dark & Light was supposed to come in December but now it's being pushed back until "later this year".

Is Age of Wushu 2 even an MMO? They keep talking about it like they did with Dark & Light and that turned out to be an Ark ripoff (which makes sense since they quietly bought the Ark studio and it's being developed by some of the guys behind Ark) and I'd imagine they're sharing tech between D&L/Wushu2/that pirate sandbox they're releasing in 2018.

Moonlight Blade is launching a closed beta in South Korea next week btw, published by Nexon. Won't be surprised if Tencent self-publishes here to push their brand. Just saw their logo pop up when I saw the new King Kong and was reading a press release about Ark.

From the sounds of it AoW2 is another ark rip off

but kung fu

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Rumor is this is currently playable

I'm not touching it with my dog beating stick.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Do you want a phone emulator for your pc?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Do you want a phone emulator for your pc?

I think I'd rather put it on my tablet if anything. Keeping Snail away from hardware I care about seems smart. I have Leffe loving about with it. He says they're kicking SEA/Thai people from the US server.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Are you guys unaware that wushu also has a pill to turn your character into a child?

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
man I miss wushu, I keep having to tell new friends about the wonders of cutting off your dick for unlimited cosmic power by the sunflower manual, and how it wasn't actually worth it anyway, about how people could pin you down and cut off your dick and people paid money for it, How you could put ki points in your meridians and by that I meant nothing but your dick...

wait a min-

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

Are you guys unaware that wushu also has a pill to turn your character into a child?

that poo poo wasn't added until long after the last goons quit playing this shitpile, fwiw

still doesn't make it not creepy as gently caress

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If Age of Wushu 2 isn't a MMO, I think we can toss a Q3 release out the window. They're not going to compete against themselves if it's a survival game.
https://mmos.com/news/dark-light-officially-delayed-summer

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 17, 2017

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

If Age of Wushu 2 isn't a MMO, I think we can toss a Q3 release out the window. They're not going to compete against themselves if it's a survival game.
https://mmos.com/news/dark-light-officially-delayed-summer

Discounting snail games and their stupidity? Haha you fool! :shepface:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Almond Crunch posted:

Wait what the actual gently caress? Is there a screen shot of this bullshit?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It was a temporary transformation item, that came with the 5th schoolsets. You had to go gather the materials and make each pill yourself.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Schubalts posted:

It was a temporary transformation item, that came with the 5th schoolsets. You had to go gather the materials and make each pill yourself.

You had to go to the East CHINA SEA WHICH HAS ALWAYS BEEN CHINA AND ALWAYS WILL BE CHINA and either gather mats or do the questline which awards you mats and pills out the wazoo.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

So against my better judgment I tried out that "Sword of Shadows" abomination. I was heavily peer pressured into it. I'm emulating it with Nox, and it seems to run with no issues. Good news is a lot of tried and true Wushu fuckery is well in place in it. Guild wars exist and are PvP clusterfucks. One of the top ways to get gear is to guild raid instances that are created and broadcast server wide which create PvP zones. Dirty Copping exists. There are lots of skillsets and you can switch between them just like Wushu. They also clearly split the purposes of the skill-sets. Some are offensive, some defensive, some control, and some are healing. There are also spying and script stealing events, but they're time locked. It's a once a day half an hour window, so I hope you like planning your life around this dumb as gently caress game again.

Bad news is it seems even more P2W than Wushu. Don't want to farm instances until your dick falls off for 50 pages of a Jianghu internal? Good news. You can buy it directly from Snail. Don't want to wait to cultivate it? Okay, you can just spend money to speed it up. Getting tired of the RNG loving you on weapon stats? That's fine, you can just buy a top tier weapon. The game is also a mobile game, so the graphics are poo poo and the interface is double poo poo with about a 0.5 second lag input on everything. It's very clearly designed for touchpads. They also made this dumb as gently caress decision to make the menu on the bottom hideable, but shift the buttons around when you bring it up which can heavily gently caress up your emulation button settings.

Neutral news is the game seems to have a lot of "set it and forget it" mechanics for doing daily tasks. Some you can literally just push the button and it automatically paths to where you need to do the quest, auto-fights everything you need to fight, turns the quest in, and goes to the next quest. Some require you to click once or twice, but the clicks are always in the same area so auto-hotkeying it would be trivial. The PvP arena (which is implemented and has some meaningful rewards) is 100% automated. You literally cannot manually control in it. A lot of the game feels like you're raising a virtual Wushu pet.

Currently it's in a closed beta and will wipe before open beta starts Wednesday. Leffe, who was the former leader of NoTrabbu is getting a guild together if people are interested.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Sounds like they brought over a lot of the AoW mobile game, which was only a game inasmuch as you had to press a button now and then to make the autopathing go.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

angerbeet posted:

Sounds like they brought over a lot of the AoW mobile game, which was only a game inasmuch as you had to press a button now and then to make the autopathing go.

I did not play that one but that's the word. It's like they fused AoW and the mobile game into some new abomination. Also, closed beta ended like, tonight, so no clue when the open beta launches. :iiam:

EDIT: And now the link doesn't work. They probably pulled it from the shop to relaunch it for deployment because how the gently caress do updates work. :china: at its finest.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 20, 2017

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Blast from the loving past here. Jesus christ

Intoxicate. God I remember this Drama.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Don't marry a ghost.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rexxed posted:

Don't marry a ghost.

I remember her quitting because we kept calling her a ghost :allears:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

I remember her quitting because we kept calling her a ghost :allears:

Tox wasn't the ghost. Tox was the one who was loving Mutou. There was another one who was a spook.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

They should've tried to understand that it is in our culture to be spooked by whispering ghosts. :(

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

Tox wasn't the ghost. Tox was the one who was loving Mutou. There was another one who was a spook.

I thought tox bought the intoxicate account after we called her a ghost?

Am I mixing up lovely wushu players now? :ohdear:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Haquer posted:

I thought tox bought the intoxicate account after we called her a ghost?

Am I mixing up lovely wushu players now? :ohdear:

I thought that was how it went, too. I forget the original character she had that she used when she came on our mumble and grithok declared her a ghost.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Pardon me for not following the kewl kids lingo. What's the connotation behind ghost that makes it insulting?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

SweetBro posted:

Pardon me for not following the kewl kids lingo. What's the connotation behind ghost that makes it insulting?

She just had a weird breath-y voice. I think she was kind of upset that she was called a ghost, but I don't think there's anything especially insulting about it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
when she spoke it sounded like she had only one lung

she got angry when I asked her that

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

The ghost was Jellybebe. Not sure why I remembered that. I also passed on Wushu 2.0, but Leffe and company have already dropped like 300 bucks each on it. If you're the sort that will fall for the same trap more than once (and this is Chinagame general so I know you are) they are on there in a guild named "booty".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

The ghost was Jellybebe. Not sure why I remembered that. I also passed on Wushu 2.0, but Leffe and company have already dropped like 300 bucks each on it. If you're the sort that will fall for the same trap more than once (and this is Chinagame general so I know you are) they are on there in a guild named "booty".

Jellybebe went on to buy intoxicate :ssh: