Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Serra talks about jerking off in Dana's guest house and getting caught by Din Thomas too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iWilRlq6Sg&t=720s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/838847771205500928

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Listening to Tony Ferguson on The MMA Hour was brutal. Dude sounds devastated and I can't blame him. Basically said he didn't know if he'd ever want to fight Khabib again because he'll never know if he'd actually show up to the fight, which I also can't blame him for. Said he'd want a guarantee of some kind.

He should just get to fight Conor at this point.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

He might be right this time depending on how rusty his firmly packed walnuts have become.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Georges is very impressed

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

if GSP were doing this as a joke I would enjoy it, but he isn't so, I'm mad that he keeps saying this

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

if GSP were doing this as a joke I would enjoy it, but he isn't so, I'm mad that he keeps saying this

Joking aside, isn't this the one time that statement could be completely true? Coming back from a multi-year lay off to fight the champ of a division a weight up from your old one? Sounds more difficult than Dan Fuckin' Hardy.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
dan hardy was the most difficult opponent of his career in 2010

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
GSP has never lied.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

There's a woman, of course, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

The ahhh most difficult fight of the tey ah rexes' cahrare.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nate Diaz to USA TODAY posted:

People who treat it like it’s a business, wearing a suit, acting a certain way, like Woodley and Thompson, they’re so boring. You guys are acting in a certain way you think you should be acting to be professional, but the best example of a professional fighter is me and my brother.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I agree Nathan.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Fleeing in panic from a press conference is the pinnacle of professionalism.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Professional fighter, not professional media masturbator. That's literally his point.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Professional fighter, not professional media masturbator. That's literally his point.

I don't care.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Then gently caress off I guess.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This will seem like a "___ was always bad" post but Im thinking Stephen thompson isnt as good as a lot of people wanted him to be, his wins leading up to the title fight dont look as good in retrospect

- beat a gunshy Rory Macdonald who was coming off the longest layoff of his career after getting his face destroyed by Lawler, who then went to Bellator and hasnt fought since (still a good win)
- beat Hendricks, in the last time Hendricks ever actually made 170, and looked like poo poo and dropped 3 fights in a row before moving to MW
- KOd Ellenberger who is 2-6 lately
- decisioned Cote who to be fair has looked good at 170 but not top level
- beat Whittaker which is probably the best win here but he has improved a ton since those back to back losses 4 years ago

so its not like he's bad but maybe just not the world beater some people thought he'd be.. I dont think hes drastically different from the fighter he was when he got dragged into deep water by Matt brown, i think in a 5 round fight he would have a hard time against Maia or Magny, solid strikers like Masvidal, maybe Cerrone and Saffeidene, Lawler if he isnt shot.. i think he'd be even odds or worse against a lot of those better guys at 170. And the division is wayyy way less deep than it used to be, Matt Brown and Jake Ellenberger are both ranked despite going 1-5 and 2-6 respectively

And its not to take credit away from Woodley, i thought he deserved to win and is clearly really good at what he does. But Thompson is supposed to be this next level striker, and he's had 2 camps to study a guy who literally has only ever hurt opponents with a right overhand, all he has to do is avoid that, and in round 5 of a fight hes winning, Woodley starts pushing forward for the first time in the fight clearly in desperation mode looking for the overhand right, and Thompson... backs up Karate style with his hands down and chin in the air and gets dropped by an overhand right

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Chichevache posted:

That's actually pretty cool and completely changes my view of Kennedy.

He did it while still being vaguely condescending about trans-people and trying to make himself seem generous, but yeah it was surprisingly decent coming from him

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

manyak posted:

This will seem like a "___ was always bad" post but Im thinking Stephen thompson isnt as good as a lot of people wanted him to be, his wins leading up to the title fight dont look as good in retrospect

- beat a gunshy Rory Macdonald who was coming off the longest layoff of his career after getting his face destroyed by Lawler, who then went to Bellator and hasnt fought since (still a good win)
- beat Hendricks, in the last time Hendricks ever actually made 170, and looked like poo poo and dropped 3 fights in a row before moving to MW
- KOd Ellenberger who is 2-6 lately
- decisioned Cote who to be fair has looked good at 170 but not top level
- beat Whittaker which is probably the best win here but he has improved a ton since those back to back losses 4 years ago

so its not like he's bad but maybe just not the world beater some people thought he'd be.. I dont think hes drastically different from the fighter he was when he got dragged into deep water by Matt brown, i think in a 5 round fight he would have a hard time against Maia or Magny, solid strikers like Masvidal, maybe Cerrone and Saffeidene, Lawler if he isnt shot.. i think he'd be even odds or worse against a lot of those better guys at 170. And the division is wayyy way less deep than it used to be, Matt Brown and Jake Ellenberger are both ranked despite going 1-5 and 2-6 respectively

And its not to take credit away from Woodley, i thought he deserved to win and is clearly really good at what he does. But Thompson is supposed to be this next level striker, and he's had 2 camps to study a guy who literally has only ever hurt opponents with a right overhand, all he has to do is avoid that, and in round 5 of a fight hes winning, Woodley starts pushing forward for the first time in the fight clearly in desperation mode looking for the overhand right, and Thompson... backs up Karate style with his hands down and chin in the air and gets dropped by an overhand right

agreed, but if you judge Thompson's wins by how they look after he lost you're going to have to do the same for Demian Maia if he loses to Woodley too, and it's gonna look about the same in hindsight. That's cause I don't think anybody has put together a truly impressive run at 170 since Johny Hendricks wasn't so fat and legitimately earned his right to fight GSP. Which I think was kind of your point when you said the division is way less deep than it used to be but I wasn't sure what time frame you were talking about

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think describing Woodley as just an overhand right ignores a lot of the attributes and intangibles around that punch that make it so deadly for Woodley, but Ellenberger cracked Thompson with the same punch, so it's probably just a hole in his game that he's going to keep getting caught out by.

Is there anyone aside from Woodley and Ellenberger at 170 who have that kind of wrestler with an overhand right thing nowadays, though?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Nick Diaz was approached for comment but the Nevada desert is just too vast.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

agreed, but if you judge Thompson's wins by how they look after he lost you're going to have to do the same for Demian Maia if he loses to Woodley too, and it's gonna look about the same in hindsight. That's cause I don't think anybody has put together a truly impressive run at 170 since Johny Hendricks wasn't so fat and legitimately earned his right to fight GSP. Which I think was kind of your point when you said the division is way less deep than it used to be but I wasn't sure what time frame you were talking about

Yeah i think the division has been quietly aging faster than new good fighters are coming up, and a lot of the win streaks are built off guys who were once good and have names but are kinda eating poo poo lately more than people might realize (Brown, Ellenberger, Hendricks, dare i say... Condit)

It definitely does feel a bit like 135 when Cruz was dead and Barao was champ

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
speaking of 135 god drat i don't wanna wait for a whole season of ultimate fighter to see tj vs no love

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

speaking of 135 god drat i don't wanna wait for a whole season of ultimate fighter to see tj vs no love

I agree and also I really don't want to see twelve episodes of TJ and Cody trying to butter each other up with innuendos.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

There's a screenshot of no love rape choking TJ which is intriguing. Wanna hear what homoerotic text that act inspires.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

I agree and also I really don't want to see twelve episodes of TJ and Cody trying to butter each other up with innuendos.

I do but i respect your wishes

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The UFC Bantamweight Champion is all the IRNI 'you should suck him off' posts given human form.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Dillashaw embraced the snake in the grass thing so expect to hear that a lot

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I also generally do not watch TUF anymore but I could be convinced to do so with this season depending on how sexy Cody Garbrandt's trash talk ends up

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm going to watch it because I dig TJ and Cody and I'm interested in their training teams and also Joe Stevenson and Julian Lane are on it, so what the hell, but I can't think of anything I care less about than all the Team Alpha Male drama.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

There's a screenshot of no love rape choking TJ which is intriguing. Wanna hear what homoerotic text that act inspires.

drat lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Ill probably watch that season or at least consider it. Im excited for TJ/Garbrandt and at least the fighters are mostly guys youve heard of trying to make a comeback

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm sure i'll end up watchin it too, is it on FS1?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
bisping said he was drunk and doesn't barely remember what he was arguing with eddie bravo about and also said luke thomas is gay for taking pictures of it to post online lol

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

"gently caress man I did what Dom could never do. I choked and finished that snake."

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Eddie Bravo could beat Michael Bisping.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Which is going to make it even funnier when Silva, 2016 Henderson, and GSP can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What's the competition, "who has the most brain damage"? Because between CHEMTRAILS and a lifetime of getting punched in the head, I'm not sure who I'm picking.

• Locked thread