Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

no one is going to vote for the bill.

no one is owning that train wreck.

the funniest thing is how proud they are of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

haha so funny
hahaha ppl are dyin
hahahaaa ahaha hhahah aa ahhaa

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Dragon Age 2 is a bad game. I guess there's humor in how big of a gently caress up you and your friends are, but it's frustrating and has bad enemy spawning and recycled locations and an awful ending. It ruined the world DA1 set up and make the Dragon Age name a joke for most people, the people who don't talk about how ~~~huggable~~ your demon summoning fuckup of an elf friend is.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

pick urself up by the ballsacks

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
lot o' low hanging fruit here

so to speak

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

jisforjosh posted:

I....what? What did we do to this guy before?

ak47world was a ALOTD!!
https://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/ak47world/

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

i was actually peeing but i see your perspective

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOL

quote:

The Spider of Splurts has condemned The Chaste Tomes (You) for what they call "Blatant Dwarven Imperialism". The Spider of Splurts has vowed to crush the newly founded fortress

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Jazerus posted:

have you ever watched interviews with NK defectors? the whole totalitarian dictatorship/starvation brokebrainedness goes away as long as they are supported for a while after they leave, so that's not the biggest issue; also, north koreans know what the world outside their nation is like now, through ubiquitous black market DVDs and books and stuff

maybe we have watched different stuff, my understanding is that most NK defectors have a hard time getting along in SK due to their lack of education/brokebrains and that the regional accents clearly identify them as NK people leading to SK folks writing them off as idiot cousins that they'd really rather not have to deal with. the old folks are in favor of some kind of reunification because they remember how things used to be but the younger generation of SK'ers just see NK as a hick backwater that are best kept in place and ignored.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

no idea, and SAclopedia has nothing for cyrano4747 or ak47world. Adds a hilarious angle to your post though

He's a TFR mod, going to PM him.

Edit:

HAHAHA thanks

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

tacodaemon posted:

kim jong un is basically trump if the US presidency actually came with the powers trump thought it had up until around january 25 or so

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

haha so funny
hahaha ppl are dyin

insanely good

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

if nk collapses, china is going to do terrible, terrible things. :smith:

also probably if they dont collapsr

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Dragon Age 2 is a bad game. I guess there's humor in how big of a gently caress up you and your friends are, but it's frustrating and has bad enemy spawning and recycled locations and an awful ending. It ruined the world DA1 set up and make the Dragon Age name a joke for most people, the people who don't talk about how ~~~huggable~~ your demon summoning fuckup of an elf friend is.
The recycled locations are straight up terrible, and the ending is rushed.

Ruined? lol please, that's a hyperbolic video game dude opinion if I've ever seen one. If anything, Inquisition and 2 made DA:O's world actually have some unique aspects to call its own. The art style shifted from generic fantasy to something specific to the series, and that's good. Qunari were just really tall dudes before 2, and elves were just normal people with Spock ears. Frankly, I think a lot (though not all, obviously) of the negative reaction Bioware gets is from people who specifically dislike their politics.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
gently caress, DA3 isn't much better, they made an mmo world and barely put anything in it, they hosed up magic's portrayal again, it has shallow character customization, they ruined one of potentially the most powerful moments that could've happened in the series and thus reduced the impact of the biggest choice in DAO and hosed up the tone of the story so badly I don't know if I can take it seriously anymore... poo poo

About the only thing Bioware can write is quippy characters who are trainwrecks in their personal lives.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Solarin posted:

insanely good

at bein BAD

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

bunnch o ppl w/ no faith in chyna itt

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

bet u ddid not consider a good china i bet u did not n thats fucken sad!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

part of the problem is that as communists they lack things that you or i take for granted like empathy or a sex drive

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Turdfuzz posted:

bunnch o ppl w/ no faith in chyna itt

weirdo

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

@realDonaldTrump I have aspergers syndrome, AS DO U.

Many such cases!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/838979118477766657

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

part of the problem is that as communists they lack things that you or i take for granted like empathy or a sex drive

volcels are not commies though

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grondoth posted:

gently caress, DA3 isn't much better, they made an mmo world and barely put anything in it, they hosed up magic's portrayal again, it has shallow character customization, they ruined one of potentially the most powerful moments that could've happened in the series and thus reduced the impact of the biggest choice in DAO and hosed up the tone of the story so badly I don't know if I can take it seriously anymore... poo poo

About the only thing Bioware can write is quippy characters who are trainwrecks in their personal lives.

Inquisition's worst element, I agree, is the open world nature of it. Bioware games shouldn't be open world, but the market has dictated that all new games have an open world gimmick.

I don't get why you keep saying they gently caress up magic's portrayal. Magic is pretty consistent in all of the games (and books... I've read them, I am a terrible person). Its character customization was actually pretty good in my opinion, there's a ton of dialogue that is specific to your race and class. As for characters being the only thing they can write, it's definitely their strongest quality as a studio, but the overarching story of the DA games so far is actually pretty good, probably better than ME, and definitely better than Elder Scrolls.

uhhh also, trump?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb! 2020 campaign!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

PDP-1 posted:

maybe we have watched different stuff, my understanding is that most NK defectors have a hard time getting along in SK due to their lack of education/brokebrains and that the regional accents clearly identify them as NK people leading to SK folks writing them off as idiot cousins that they'd really rather not have to deal with. the old folks are in favor of some kind of reunification because they remember how things used to be but the younger generation of SK'ers just see NK as a hick backwater that are best kept in place and ignored.

you are describing middle america when you describe north koreans
the truth is, people always want to believe they can help, and if the north koreans seem willing to leave behind ignorance;
i have every confidence the south koreans will be there for them, for the most part anyway

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

jisforjosh posted:

He's a TFR mod, going to PM him.

Edit:

HAHAHA thanks

you should still pm him though, I wonder if there is more to the story than the ALOTD

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

yea no im the weirdo yea sure pal w/e!!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb! 2020 campaign!

BUCKLE UP MOTHERFUCKERS

KASICH 2020: The hit new syndicated science fiction drama

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the answer is they're very good at inflating expectations and imagination, biting off more than they can chew, and letting everyone down

BioWare: Come Learn The Hard Way That Nothing Matters And Everything You Love Sucks, Namaste

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Turdfuzz posted:

yea no im the weirdo yea sure pal w/e!!!!

nice meltdown nerd

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Assemble the balista! Dig the moat!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/838981131735339008
Dingell on a tear

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Also Come Do The Doodly In Strange, Plastic Ways

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

tacodaemon posted:

wait are you saying i could have just been shoving weed up my rear end all this time?

You can shove anything up your rear end if you try hard enough.

Whether it's a good idea is an entirely different matter.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
With respect to North Korea, China's leadership has consistently taken a "kick the can down the road and hope it doesn't collapse and send over 20 million refugees until after I'm retired" approach.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Turdfuzz posted:

haha so funny
hahaha ppl are dyin

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:kimchi: Hope we all live to see tomorrow; I need to know what TV show had the Exxon jobs poo poo that prompted Trump to tweet as if he was responsible for it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

North Korean propaganda says the ME3 ending was a fitting and very powerful capstone to the series, that provided lots of speculation for everyone.

• Locked thread