Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Grondoth posted:

Dragon Age 2 is a bad game. I guess there's humor in how big of a gently caress up you and your friends are, but it's frustrating and has bad enemy spawning and recycled locations and an awful ending. It ruined the world DA1 set up and make the Dragon Age name a joke for most people, the people who don't talk about how ~~~huggable~~ your demon summoning fuckup of an elf friend is.

:eyepoop:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

North Korean propaganda says the ME3 ending was a fitting and very powerful capstone to the series, that provided lots of speculation for everyone.

Nuke the country until it resembles the crater in Fallout 4. :colbert:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
lol at the price still being 20.16
if it was run by trump you know that poo poo'd be 20.20 by now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

silentsnack posted:

You can shove anything up your rear end if you try hard enough.

Whether it's a good idea is an entirely different matter.

1man1jar needs a remix

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dreamworks is the loving worst

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mo_Steel posted:

:kimchi: Hope we all live to see tomorrow; I need to know what TV show had the Exxon jobs poo poo that prompted Trump to tweet as if he was responsible for it somehow.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/838982561179316224

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Nichael posted:

North Korean propaganda says the ME3 ending was a fitting and very powerful capstone to the series, that provided lots of speculation for everyone.

I haven't played any ME games either :negative:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Nichael posted:

I never even finished ME3 because you need a certain amount of online play time (readiness points) to get the good endings

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

wasn't this a 30 Rock thing?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nichael posted:

i really thought the hosed up, injured as poo poo walk down the hell blasted hill to the portal was pretty freaking cool

then the actual game ended and it was like uh....what

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I haven't played any ME games either :negative:

They're still worth playing. The third game's ending is ten minutes of bad in a 150-200 hour long series, and it doesn't even have to be that bad.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

volcels are not commies though

the only lust a communiat knows is a lust for heroin, whichkarl marxc himselt laid down as a rwligious sacrament for the communists

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
i stopped playing bioware madlibs games after the first 2

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

i really thought the hosed up, injured as poo poo walk down the hell blasted hill to the portal was pretty freaking cool

then the actual game ended and it was like uh....what

Yeah, it actually was. All of ME3 is really good until red/blue/green.

Serf
May 5, 2011

change my name posted:

I never even finished ME3 because you need a certain amount of online play time (readiness points) to get the good endings

not anymore

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Go against Trump and see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwU-S6yx5E

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

the only lust a communiat knows is a lust for heroin, whichkarl marxc himselt laid down as a rwligious sacrament for the communists

wow sign me up for communism!!

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

change my name posted:

nah, no you don't

you just need to grind a lot of the single-player bonus missions

game still sux

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

change my name posted:

That was never true. You could always get the good ending with just maxing out a ton of stuff in game. Video game nerds blew that out of proportion (shocking, I know).

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

im done playin bioware games until i can romance myself

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shepard......Wrex

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Hamelekim posted:

Go against Trump and see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwU-S6yx5E
whats up with everybody calling it "travel privileges"

dont US citizens have an established right to travel (but not necessarily fly)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i play the bioware games for the outrage

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

quadrophrenic posted:

nah, no you don't

you just need to grind a lot of the single-player bonus missions

game still sux

too bad I already sold my xbox then

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

The Spider of Spurts has summoned it's allies The Beautiful Lie and The Seducer of Murdering adding 31,478 more Goblins and Trolls to the Spider of Spurts army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoZwMp8QmuI

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
tbh the multiplayer is the best part of ME3 tho

the gameplay of that game is fun as gently caress*, they just ruined the rest of it

*if you play vanguard, which why would you not

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

opium is the relgion of the masses, let us paray

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

wow sign me up for communism!!

im glad i could exlain this hkmework to yr satiafaction

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

whats up with everybody calling it "travel privileges"

dont US citizens have an established right to travel (but not necessarily fly)

You don't have any rights ultimately. But it is really sad and pathetic that Trump and his people would be so petty as to prevent someone from flying because they insulted you.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

i play the bioware games for the outrage
90% of the outrage comes from the same corner of the internet that birthed our MAGApocalypse. Bioware has pissed off so many horrible nerds by giving women powerful roles, and respecting LGBT people. Even if their games sucked, I'd probably still buy them because gently caress those nerds.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

im glad i could exlain this hkmework to yr satiafaction

thank you for elucidating it comrade.

i now long for heroin and seizing the means of production

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We are currently outnumbered 546 to 1

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

quadrophrenic posted:

tbh the multiplayer is the best part of ME3 tho

the gameplay of that game is fun as gently caress*, they just ruined the rest of it

*if you play vanguard, which why would you not

Andromeda seems to have virtually identical multiplayer, just updated. :getin:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

change my name posted:

they changed that, and it never really affected most of the endings in the first place

also the multiplayer was really, really good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nichael posted:

90% of the outrage comes from the same corner of the internet that birthed our MAGApocalypse. Bioware has pissed off so many horrible nerds by giving women powerful roles, and respecting LGBT people. Even if their games sucked, I'd probably still buy them because gently caress those nerds.

ppl were made about bastila?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Nichael posted:

you're not wrong, but at the same time remember when they turned EDI into a hot sex robot so that that dude from robot chicken could gently caress her in the robot butt and fulfill every incel's deepest fantasies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

though i guess she isnt a main char or w/e so who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

Inquisition's worst element, I agree, is the open world nature of it. Bioware games shouldn't be open world, but the market has dictated that all new games have an open world gimmick.

I don't get why you keep saying they gently caress up magic's portrayal. Magic is pretty consistent in all of the games (and books... I've read them, I am a terrible person). Its character customization was actually pretty good in my opinion, there's a ton of dialogue that is specific to your race and class. As for characters being the only thing they can write, it's definitely their strongest quality as a studio, but the overarching story of the DA games so far is actually pretty good, probably better than ME, and definitely better than Elder Scrolls.

uhhh also, trump?

I'm harpin' on magic because post 1 it's danger was minimized and mage freedom went from a thing only villains mentioned to the thing the game says is ethical. This undercuts the entire premise of how magic works in that world, that its a curse. Magic doesn't come from study, you can't decide to be a mage. It just happens. Smartly, the people who designed the Dragon Age world in the first place understood that if there weren't inherent drawbacks to this it changes the character of the world a lot. If people who use magic are just normal rear end dudes who can happen to shoot fire and heal people and cure diseases, 1: they are better than everyone else and 2: there's an explicit shortcut to making things better, which is exactly the thing you want to avoid in a dark fantasy world. The cloistering of the mages isn't a punishment, it is their heroic sacrifice. If they accept this responsibility foisted upon them by fate, they can make wonders happen for those around them. If they do not, they will bring ruin instead. There's no shortcuts to doing the right thing, you can't have it all.

The handling of this element was the thing that impressed me about DA:O after sucking air in between my teeth at THIS IS THE NEW poo poo commercials and how much they wanted to show how blood spatters on your guys. DA2 tried to capitalize on the tension of this idea, but hosed it up a million ways by not understanding the thematic power of why the mages are cloistered in the first place. DA3 had no idea how to handle it, but they sure threw characters at you who said stuff about it that never came anywhere close to understanding the core of why the element worked to establish the tone of the world.

Trump sucks.

• Locked thread