Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i hate how bad the switch is, but i guess i'm glad i didn't get it day one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

-if you put the wrist straps on the wrong controllers, they are cemented on the wrong way forever, even though they go on super easy
-docks are scratching screens when sliding on
-the system is freezing up, glitching out like crazy go nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
getting between the sheets momentarily, i will recall my dreams for the benefit of the pos. except that i took a trazodone because my sleep's been so ifucked up so it'll just probably be like TV static or something.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KoRMaK posted:

thanks for reminding me about the dreams where my childhood dog is back and just everything is nomral and stuff :smith:

same but late grandfather

also i havent had teeth crumbling dreams, but ive had teeth loose dreams. maybe thats just step 1

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I'm either in great danger and somehow slow as molasses or slept thru a final exam.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

-if you put the wrist straps on the wrong controllers, they are cemented on the wrong way forever, even though they go on super easy

heh, time to switch to a better console

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

graph posted:

idgi

'dont forget your' what ?

Ovaltine?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

the sound the glitches emit is the worst part! it seems inescapable

e: this poo poo is amazing and yosposy as gently caress

nintendo won't survive another round of this i would guess

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/NQWTWXs.gifv

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

KoRMaK posted:

the sound the glitches emit is the worst part! it seems inescapable

e: this poo poo is amazing and yosposy as gently caress

i think it's p interesting tbh. it's like fake glitch sounds you'd hear in a movie, but they're actually happening irl

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

doggy stardust?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm going to subject my dev team to watching this tomorrow after we come off of a terrible deployment. How this made it past testing and qa is very topical

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

wth, did they use Linux for this or something?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i don't get why people are still nintendo fans. the company just seems to be full of [home console] disappointment and now its latest handheld had poo poo the bed too.
a zelda game really can't worth putting up with this

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

they were desperately trying to hold onto something they had once before

zelda anad mario is software. dunno how they let themselves get wrapped up in how precious their hardware is if their software was the main selling point

they did movment stuff first-ish but they didnt make it great. ugh, oh boy guys. face the music - youve been mediocre to bad with the last couple iterations

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

yo squidda let me outta' this whack-rear end cubic prison.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

https://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/12/08/wii-have-a-problem/

not the first time nintendo messed up.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

KoRMaK posted:

they were desperately trying to hold onto something they had once before

zelda anad mario is software. dunno how they let themselves get wrapped up in how precious their hardware is if their software was the main selling point

they did movment stuff first-ish but they didnt make it great. ugh, oh boy guys. face the music - youve been mediocre to bad with the last couple iterations

they've been mediocre since the N64.

SNES was the last real good market leading system imho, then PS won over n64 by miles, and since then, they've just been exploiting their brand titles for what they could

i include the DS in this, too, it's always been way behind

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

so... you had never heard of nightmares then? or u thought ppl having them dreams were just fans of scary movies?

i think? like one common theme is that im being pursued by an evil force usually numerous and when that happens i either give myself weapons to fight back or an impenetrable place to hide or some allies to oppose them whatever fits in the context of the story

they arent really terrifying theyre just obstacles i can overcome at will

does that make sense?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

christ that video at the end :stare:

Sniep posted:

i include the DS in this, too, it's always been way behind

nintendo DS is the 2nd best selling gaming console

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 7, 2017

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

mine works fine, thanks

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

nintendo DS is the 2nd best selling gaming console

sure, it's super good, always has been

just saying that it's included in the keeping things dumbed down bubble

it works when it's a handheld

not when it's on a TV

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

LastInLine posted:

i think? like one common theme is that im being pursued by an evil force usually numerous and when that happens i either give myself weapons to fight back or an impenetrable place to hide or some allies to oppose them whatever fits in the context of the story

they arent really terrifying theyre just obstacles i can overcome at will

does that make sense?

last q: whats it like to have a lucid wet dream?

KoRMaK posted:

a few months ago i suggested that the switch should just be a nice controller/dock for iphone/android, and focus on bringing its 1st party IP to mobile, but nobody agreed. i still think something like that is inevitable, they aren't nearly good enough at hardware to continue coexisting with the smartphone/tablet juggernauts, and their recent focus on tablety systems only serves to force a comparison

Spambort
Jun 19, 2012
That switch problem is ugly, & that channel has uploaded videos of launch issues for all the latest consoles (and some controllers). What a bummer to plunk down your hard earned bitcoins on faulty hardware. lesson is get an insurance plan or just dont buy day 1 devices.

ps some punk why not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOr85Y08vI

Spambort fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 7, 2017

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

the audio from the alarm probably triggers the dream and you need it to be loud enough to impact the dream but not loud enough to wake you. the timer is probably so it goes off during rem?

yep, exactly that.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You can lucid dream if you build enough of a tolerance to caffeine that you can nap after coffee. The issue is that if you don't hit the target you will end up with nightmarish sleep paralysis.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

last q: whats it like to have a lucid wet dream?

ive never had a wet dream ever

ive had sex dreams but i never create those. its hard to describe but when im dreaming im always aware its a dream even if i dont change whats happening so dreams already seem fake like watching a movie only (usually) from a first person perspective

i usually just let the story go on if its interesting enough. sometimes if its boring ill add elements to the story or just stop it and have a new one begin like changing channels on a tv

my point is that theres already a problem of suspension of disbelief and doing something like inserting someone to have sex with isnt very satisfying because its so fake so i dont do it unless it comes naturally in the story. sometimes if someone shows up in the dream that id like to have sex with i make that happen but otherwise i just let things play out without interfering

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
switch wfm dunno why ur having trouble lol

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

my recurring bad dreams:
- losing teeth
- zombie invasion
- my fiancée cheats on me / disappears / dies

so yeah, pretty vivid dreams right there. especially the zombie ones, i wake up in complete panic and it takes me a few minutes to realize where i am.

BUUUT i also get awesome recurring dreams, where i can literally fly just like in dragonball z. so i guess it all balances out in the end

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I always have a recurring dream where I'm a teenager and I'm on vacation with my mom...and the vacation just lasts some absurdly long period of time and I ask when we're going home and then I find out we don't have a home anymore and I freak out

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I also had horrible zombie dreams as a kid but that's probably because my dad thought Dawn of the Dead was good viewing for a 6 year old.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dreams - the new anime? find out, after the break

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmCm4oyrkY

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
open the video jame conjamement thread

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

dreams - the new anime? find out, after the break

my recurring nightmare is suddenly the brakes dont work on my car and i cant slow down so its kinda like speed. i havent even owned a car or driven much in 10 years

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i keep having this dream where im posting in yospos but all my posts are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

it's not a dream.

in other news, shameful self xpost

yesssssssssss

• Locked thread