Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector posted:

spoiler about an early game mechanic: just hit my first memory and it was really well done. the way i found it was loving awesome too. i had found the great fairy pretty early on through exploring. i just happened to talk to a guy who wanted to know where she was, so i went and took a picture of her shrine for him. he gave me a hint as to where one of my picture locations was, that i had to puzzle out. after going through this awesome loving area based on nothing but intuition, i found it, and unlocked the memory. i was thinking afterward how any other game would've done that with a quest arrow, and i realized just how completely, insanely awesome this game is.

with that entire chain of events, if i had done anything differently it would've been a different experience, but i'm also fairly confident that nintendo put some version of that in there for each memory, so that players eventually get guided to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

when i did the thing at the top of the snowy mountain I was hollering and pumping my fist. this game is so good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I'm perpetually astonished at how thoughtfully and lovingly hand crafted every area is. every person and technology listed in the credits needs to be sent to the pope to be canonized as saints

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is gonna be next to re4 and metroid prime 1 etc. for me. just incredible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

imagine having the kind of brain disease where you're playing something that is so obviously a labor of love and so expertly crafted and then going on some forum and shouting EVERY FEW HOURS THE FRAME RATE DIPS NOTICEABLY LOL

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i read some gripes about how weapons break too quickly but i love how they shatter on the last hit and i always have some other cool weapon to bust out. i love this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its impossible to run out of weapons, so you manage them as a resource like gun ammo and pick the best one for the situation. stash your giant anime sword for a really nasty dude, since baddies hold weapons that are perfect for dealing with their pals. its honestly a really fun system

another thing i love is that the weapon class dictates enemy movesets and adds a lot of variety. a moblin has completely different attacks if hes holding a sword vs a big club. and i feel like ive only met 1/4th of the kinda monsters in this game many hours in

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plus you can get a significantly larger inventory quite early on which takes off the pressure of having too many good things and not wanting to leave any of them. There's also another thing that can help with this: there's a house you can buy that lets you hold 3 each of bows, shields, and weapons so if you want you can stick your super rare high powered stuff that you don't need yet in there and come back for it when you're ready to take on some real tough dudes.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the durability system is... extremely win. aonuma, you son of a bitch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the world is littered with fun weapons and watching them explode across the enemy's face rules every time

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

aonuma, you son of a bitch

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Im extremely pissed about having to go back to schoolwork after putting like 15 hours into this game and not even touching any of the dungeons. I love discovering new things within the world and finding stuff that I'm not strong enough to take on, and I still haven't even seen half the map lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
am i the only one who always hucks my lovely weapons off into the distance whenever i find a chest with a better weapon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I spent 6 hours today just running around and finding memories. I think I did maybe 2 shrines. I'm really surprised at how well hidden they are, I've done 52 so far and I think I have exhausted all of the ones that are out in the open. Though I've yet to even explore death mountain or the region north of the desert. Or that whole area north of korok forest. There is so freaking much to the game but I never feel overwhelmed, I just always want to explore more. Just thinking of all of the landmarks I've yet to visit makes me yearn for that next Zelda session. I really, really love this game.

I did dip in to the Hyrule Castle area for a few minutes today and it is so drat cool. I can't wait to explore it from top to bottom.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

dragon enthusiast posted:

am i the only one who always hucks my lovely weapons off into the distance whenever i find a chest with a better weapon

I do this every time

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

nope, and i make sure they go off a cliff or into water or something so i cant go 'ah man i wish i didnt do that' in order to ensure i dont get attached to anything

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
well, i just found out horses can die

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

erupting with excitement as I realize what happens when you strike flint. "this changes everything"

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

HolePisser1982 posted:

erupting with excitement as I realize what happens when you strike flint. "this changes everything"

try striking chu chu jellies

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the boss fights in this aree loving awesome

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I wish you could do it with bows and shields too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theres a climbing tunic :stare:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Can you play this on the wii u tablet screen?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Yes

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lol the gbs switch thread is predictably garbage loving christ. Xbone thread 2.0

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

Lol the gbs switch thread is predictably garbage loving christ. Xbone thread 2.0
don't go into GBS video game threads, or indeed most GBS threads

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fungah! posted:

theres a climbing tunic :stare:

theres also (related spoiler) a climbing hat and shoes... and a SET BONUS!!! but only if u do something speical with them other than just wearing all three

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

doughvakiin posted:

theres also (related spoiler) a climbing hat and shoes... and a SET BONUS!!! but only if u do something speical with them other than just wearing all three

omg i found the bandnna but i thought it was a one-off thng...that there's a set for it is badass as hell

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Any hints on where to find the zora pants? I found the helmet, and got the tunic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Any hints on where to find the zora pants? I found the helmet, and got the tunic.

It's from a quest in the area.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Thinking about Zelda

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

It's from a quest in the area.

do i have to beat the divine beast first?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

No.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm waiting until specific times in order to collect fireflies to upgrade armor for set bonuses, in a Zelda game, and it's good. This is so bizarre

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress yeah, they adopted the "your horse automatically follows roads" thing from witcher 3

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I got off my horse to cross some water like a dozen hours back and haven't seen it since. maybe if there were stables all over they would be more useful but I've been to 3 villages and only seen the one stable

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

I got off my horse to cross some water like a dozen hours back and haven't seen it since. maybe if there were stables all over they would be more useful but I've been to 3 villages and only seen the one stable

Stables actually tend to be pretty far from villages.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Jenny Agutter posted:

There are plenty of stables, but they're placed such that you have to earn having a horse at certain places

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
do heavier armors actually slow down your move speed? i have my eye on the hylian knight stuff, but i don't want to move any slower, and my current tunic is actually pretty decent after the upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

there's a bunch of stables but they tend to be in areas that are wide and open, rather than near villages

• Locked thread