Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

:lol:

quote:

Someone already made the dumpster joke comparison - but that's exactly what Rick's scene was a throwback to. Do I believe they would actually kill Rick off like they did to Glenn, then let Michonne take on the leadership role of a multi-city alliance? I'm doubtful - but - I'd watch that season.

I would be into the show again waaaay more if they killed off Rick. I think this would make the show good again. It'll never happen though.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I hope negan wins and kills everyone who doesn't bend the knee. Basically everyone except Eugene.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Boris Galerkin posted:

I wouldn't mind Daryl dying because he's a pretty useless character at this point. He used to be a master hunter/tracker and survivalist, so he had a lot of use. But now everybody is a master hunter/tracker, and they live in walled cities. His identity right now is just "guy with plot armor."

He should have died a long time ago. I mean I like him and all but it's harder to get emotionally invested in a character you know isn't going to die any time soon. It feels like he's only still around because a certain population of the fans would get really pissed off if he died and nothing more than that. He was a compelling character at one point but he has overstayed his welcome.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
You guys act like Rick dying would fix this show, as if any other characters are any more interesting.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

You guys act like Rick dying would fix this show, as if any other characters are any more interesting.

If the show ended when he died, it would fix it at least in the sense of putting it out of its misery. If they hadn't turned Morgan into whatever the hell he is now I could see him being the new lead guy but at this point I can't see the show lasting beyond Rick, so he's going to be around until AMC finds something more profitable to make.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm honestly wondering if they're holding onto Daryl so he can be a big 'oh holy poo poo guys the stakes are high, SEE?!' deaths when they take on the Saviors. Because, honestly, the pack of characters whose death would make an impression is very thin. (Plus he hasn't been interesting IMO since Merle died)

'Oh no! We lost... uh, you know, one of the angry women!'
'I hate this show. They killed off Aaron's rarely seen boyfriend'

I'm guessing they're going to kill off Daryl, Carol or Morgan as a 'huge' 'impactful' death.

Benjamin, the kid that Morgan's training, is probably dead as Hell. Kid seems too nice, plus plot that gets Morgan and/or Carol back into the fight.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Let's not forget that Rick just had a giant freaking hole in his hand from being stupid with the spike zombie at the dump, but that didn't seem to slow him down at all here. I guess they actually elapsed time to make Judith older and to heal himself...or not because that would mean that Negan's crew would have showed up at Alexandria a few more times to collect their bounty in the meanwhile. Or they didn't...who cares anymore honestly?

Waiting for Tara to just get shot in the head when she shows up at the Swamp again next week. No exposition, just shot dead and that chapter closes forever.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Carl wants to go to college, so maybe he is gone. They've been totally ignoring him though since he stormed Camp Negan, so look for him to get got if they start focusing on him all of a sudden. I already think Rosita is in trouble for this exact same reason.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Kelly posted:

Carl wants to go to college, so maybe he is gone. They've been totally ignoring him though since he stormed Camp Negan, so look for him to get got if they start focusing on him all of a sudden. I already think Rosita is in trouble for this exact same reason.

Honestly if they keep doing the current format where each episode only focuses on 1-2 main characters per episode and it rotates through them, he could probably fit college in with being around for his 4-5 minutes of being on film every season.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Honestly if they keep doing the current format where each episode only focuses on 1-2 main characters per episode and it rotates through them, he could probably fit college in with being around for his 4-5 minutes of being on film every season.

...and to your point, he wasn't even in the last two episodes. Rosita is pregnant too, so they could realistically shoot around her, though she had been featured a bit more.

texaholic posted:

I hope negan wins and kills everyone who doesn't bend the knee the back. Basically everyone except Eugene.

Fixed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think they're trying to make the audience hate Rosita so they can kill her off without anyone caring.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think they're trying to make the audience hate Rosita so they can kill her off without anyone caring.

Yeah, either she or Sasha will be Negan's bag-over-head zombie trade, the other will hopefully just get murderized real quick. Both of them suck, but Rosita is just the loving worst now.

"Oh, cool, a badass military woman, how can we use her? Well, we don't have a prepubescent bitchy teenager anymore... guess we'll just make Rosita whiny and sullen to fill the gap that we have for that kind of character... oh wait, well, too late..."

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If the show ended when he died, it would fix it at least in the sense of putting it out of its misery. If they hadn't turned Morgan into whatever the hell he is now I could see him being the new lead guy but at this point I can't see the show lasting beyond Rick, so he's going to be around until AMC finds something more profitable to make.

Holy gently caress, it wouldn't work geographically (not that would stop the writers) but can you imagine if Morgan took the role of Negan? Just total batshit crazy "Safe" Morgan who basically starting converting the entirety of the world around him into something to keep out zombies?

The relationship between Morgan and Rick as they face off would have been amazing.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Can they just give up on Rosita and stop her becoming Andrea 2.0 and start on her dying?

She got the world's tiniest facial scar and turned into a crazy person and while I'm sure that the fans will be super-stoked by her make-up gently caress when Eugene gets back, she has no other purpose except for just being kind of an unlikable person with a bad attitude, because of their own hosed-up choices.

At least Sasha went away to Hilltop and never had another episode after everyone got sick of her being pissy and sitting in a tower all day, and Andrea died.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
*looks up from charm bracelet* oh poo poo there's a 4 year-old here, what? okay you can keep it

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
holy poo poo the deer came back. I don't remember there being deer in Dead Rising - or those deer being deaf and blind

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
My favorite thing was the ethereal looking deer jumping in front of Rick at the last minute and saving him. When He was talking about how Glenn saved his life later in the car I'm pretty sure he was talking about that deer.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Satchel and Trunk posted:

Let's not forget that Rick just had a giant freaking hole in his hand from being stupid with the spike zombie at the dump, but that didn't seem to slow him down at all here. I guess they actually elapsed time to make Judith older and to heal himself...or not because that would mean that Negan's crew would have showed up at Alexandria a few more times to collect their bounty in the meanwhile. Or they didn't...who cares anymore honestly?

Waiting for Tara to just get shot in the head when she shows up at the Swamp again next week. No exposition, just shot dead and that chapter closes forever.

I think they do episodes like the Blue Ball Machine

They tell 3 directors where their show starts and ends and they get to fill in the middle

This is Bad (except for the eugene episode)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also this scene was cut from this episode

http://i.imgur.com/TumFdZL.gifv

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

also this scene was cut from this episode

http://i.imgur.com/TumFdZL.gifv

I get it, the deer totally likes to watch.

Just like Eugene...

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Fat Joey's death uncut

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

texaholic posted:

I hope negan wins and kills everyone who doesn't bend the knee. Basically everyone except Eugene.

I can get behind this. Rest of the show is about eugene making increasingly sadistic defense structures.

Holy poo poo they have half human half bagel hybrids now

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Kelly posted:

I think that Rick's death scare was meant to show that Michonne fell apart and was going to let herself get taken too. BUT THEN, if you recall her kid died at the beginning of the outbreak and I hate to get all mom on you folks but my kid getting eaten by zombies or whatever (actually, maybe her kid got sick?) is a lot more upsetting then some dude I'm loving getting killed.

So it kind of doesn't make sense when you know her history. I'd believe that about someone else on the show, but not her.

Her response to her kids death involved her abandoning all other people and wandering through woods with the lumbering corpses of her friends.

Plus that was early, when everyone was still in wtf is happening mode. At this point they have settled into a new normal and Michonne has started to properly heal, another loss wouldn't just be devastating for the loss of Rick, but would also reopen all those other feelings.

On that note, could anyone tell what Michonne was standing next to in the field as she cried afterwards? To me it looked about the right size to be a childs corpse.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I see your Jeffrey Dean Morgan doing the lean for a publicity shoot and raise you a Jeffrey Dean Morgan teaching a kid how to do the lean:

https://twitter.com/WalkrStalkrCon/status/838440039021322240

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hmm seems Jeffrey Dean Morgan owns.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Well at least Rosita has the 'emaciated' look down. She looked like half a goddamn string bean

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

coyo7e posted:

Everyone being upset over the weakest facial scar ever, might take the cake.

Maybe she needs a mask?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

another awful episode :negative:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Two episodes from now (not next episode because suspense) Rosita and Sasha will both get killed on their stupid mission, then having written themselves into a corner the writers will realize, poo poo, they need to turn Maggie into an irrational bitch because they killed off the only irrational bitches left on the show. Drat!

Because as we all know every good plot twist starts with an irrational bitch doing something stupid.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Dolphin posted:

Two episodes from now (not next episode because suspense) Rosita and Sasha will both get killed on their stupid mission, then having written themselves into a corner the writers will realize, poo poo, they need to turn Maggie into an irrational bitch because they killed off the only irrational bitches left on the show. Drat!

Because as we all know every good plot twist starts with an irrational bitch doing something stupid.
I mean it will force the confrontation to come to a head almost instantly so we do have that bonus on top of two no-longer-topical characters being offed.

I gotta say though that the priest is coming back strong. I did not expect him to keep being used but keep becoming a funner character - his source was really a one-note that just got wheeled out every time they had a funeral service issue. I like him more and more, his dialogue is tight, his acting works for the "just don't keep your back to him in a dark room" vibe, and the creepy/sneaky shtick is really hilarious. Him being kidnapped and leaving a note was up there in the the "dumbest" story bit involving his arc this season, but other than that I Iove him, and have since he told spencer to gently caress off and walked home.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Christ why do you guys put yourselves through this? Just watch Z-Nation if you want to be entertained and not annoyed all the time.

The Expanse is good as well.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Morbid fascination.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Barreft posted:

Christ why do you guys put yourselves through this? Just watch Z-Nation if you want to be entertained and not annoyed all the time.

I made it about 20 minutes into the first episode of Z Nation before i gave up on it.

It was poo poo and boring.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They've pretty much ruined Morgan, Carol, Daryl, and Rosita at this point. Not so much Daryl I guess but they haven't given him poo poo to do for like 2-3 seasons now.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
naw carol can always rise again, she's like wolverine

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

I made it about 20 minutes into the first episode of Z Nation before i gave up on it.

It was poo poo and boring.

Z Nation manages to not only be funny but also does serious/emotional moments better than the Walking Dead. It isn't perfect but even at its lowest point it's still much more interesting and fun to watch than the garbage episode we were just subjected to on TWD. Plus they probably could have CGI'd a deer better.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow that lovely CGI deer was amazing. Also continues the Walking Dead curse: Any animal they see will die within 15 minutes. Even though they survived for years.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I liked Rosita a ton before. Now she's like "We have to do something about Negan!" "OK, we're getting an army ready." "EXCUSES! PREPARATION IS FOR PUSSIES! I HAVE LEARNED NOTHING!!!!" and I want her to gently caress off already.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

54 40 or gently caress posted:

That deer was um....that...that's bad.

Did they decide to outsource the CGI to a youtuber in China or something?

The makeup budget this year must be top notch, the zombies look sick as hell even if they're dumb, but the CGI has been fan film level of terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know I always bitch tactics in Walking Dead but I love this logic..

"Why can't we attach Negan's fortress?"
"He has a clear line of sight, high explosives, an RPG now.. there's no way we'd get close."

Yet groups proceed to raid the poo poo out of his traps in eye shot of the fortress, and people seem to just walk in and out with zero problems. They even take a noisy vehicle. And now it sounds like two MORE people are going to go take aim at Negan only to plink off unstoppable plot armor.