Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

How do you kill that which does not live?
Normally I'd say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3JupHh7zvo

But Star Citizen's got me stumped. How do you kill that which does not live and is brainless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

quote:

Comments that aren't reported will not get attention from us, volunteer moderators are not expected to read every comment posted within a subreddit under their control. As this has been escalated prior to us being notified the comment will stand until administration levels a judgement on it. Going behind our backs is not surprising, so don't expect us to bend over backwards for you as its clear your message is only being sent this way since the admins have not acted as you wanted them to. As such we will follow their discretion.

You made your bed, emjoy your sleep.

Here's some legal advice for anyone who doesn't know. For anything on the record, never get emotional, keep to the facts and don't ever communicate anything more than you have to. This guy probably thought he was being clever, but In one small message has:
    * admitted he knows about the post and has let it stand
    * that the moderators do not fully moderate the subreddit
    * shown a bias in his attitude against Derek

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gravity_Storm posted:

On the brown sea today... the burning topic...
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/374087/soil-mining

You don't mine for soil is just loving THERE. What is this game

I'm pretty sure those dudes are aliens pretending to be human.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

"incredibly easy"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Get ready for the newest line of manufactured vehicles: The CAT Construction set.

CAT = Croberts Agricultural Tillers

This fine company, originating in 29whogivesashit offers only the finest diggers and movers of soil, debris, and other materiel. Never again will you be forced to go down on your hands and knees (unless it is to praise the Croberts) to excavate your favorite non-existent alien race ruins, or getting the properly fertilized soil into outer space!

Prosuct not yet rated, may contain nuts, subject to change at any time, new money only, deals and substitutes not applicable, buy two and get the scoop shovel add-on for 20% off, tell your friends, support star citizen, gently caress derek smart, please use my referral code

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Fresh rumor I picked up.

BIG hold up at CIG due to Chris Roberts trying to find some procedural generated birds for him to motion capture for the in game procedural generated birds, lots of people trying to explain to him that it does not work that way with procedural generation, Sandi is yelling at them and calling them bushy balled fools. Chris is telling everyone that with out him motion capturing them, they will lack the high levels fidelity that Star Citizen demands. They have five days booked at The Imaginarium Studios in late April for the shoot.

I'm pretty sure this rumor is true, I heard it first hand while at a urinal in a Los Angles public restroom (I was paying my :dong: respects to George Michael ), it was a very fat, heavy set guy who looked like he had his hands on backways, the guy he was telling it to was helping him since I don't think he could get his hands to his own penis.

As I was leaving, I heard the fat fella get all excited about some paper books that had been left in one of the stalls as public emergence loo paper. I think he must have needed to wipe for some reason (probably generic fat man rear end sweat issues - plus he had his helper with him - homeless looking guy in a tatted old baseball mascot suit, looking despondent.)

What you guys think? Checks out?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
you've got your finger on the pulse, keep us posted

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126298773?t=1h12m03s

:gary:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

starkebn posted:

you've got your finger on the pulse, keep us posted

"It's dead Jim starkebn; dead"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
For a "game" that should be released in the Spring (... Summer ? ) that prelude or whatever the poo poo for SQ42 is really under-promoted...

Yeah, I know it's not really happening.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nothing can kill something that is already dead.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AbstractNapper posted:

For a "game" that should be released in the Spring (... Summer ? ) that prelude or whatever the poo poo for SQ42 is really under-promoted...

Yeah, I know it's not really happening.

Well according to Ben they just put together their gameplay team a few weeks ago so these things take time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Colostomy Bag posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15769-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

Glad all three are there. What a loving fiasco, setting up on bailing on the livestreams.

Is there anything actually going on at PAX East? A booth? A reveal? Or are these clowns getting paid to goof off even more than usual?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well according to Ben they just put together their gameplay team a few weeks ago so these things take time.

They just hired the lead of the gameplay team, there's no way that is even fully assembled.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well to be fair how much gameplay does it take to move a mouse in a rudimentary UI to press play on the most glorious space opera movie of our generation and then to occasionally click on a dialogue tree?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

Speaking of being lonely, isn't Fuzzy Modem supposed to be ready for trial soon?

04/17/2017 08:30 AM Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse

Honorable Douglas 'Nonce-burner' Blankenship, presiding.

Edit: 4 x Sex Abuse Minor 1-Penetr Under 18, 1 x Sex Abuse Minor 2- Contact

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170417T0830&p0=81&msg=Fuzzy+Modem%27s+trial&font=cursive

Note that they shift the court dates around quite a bit, he's already had four scheduled trials moved.

Hav fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 7, 2017

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Crobble

Verb (used with object), crobbled, crobbling

1) To release a product that is massively substandard to that which was promised.
“CIG crobbled out Star Marine to no-one’s surprise. It was as janky as expected.”

2) To turn a definitive period of time into an indefinite period of time.
“Well 3.0 was due out last December but RSI have been busily crobbling away at it and 3 months down the line we’re no closer to knowing when, if ever, it will be here.”

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hello space friends. Just a quick notice that the GOG Spring Sale has started. Haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but there is sure to be some good stuff.

Here is the link.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

It's called the PACER system, and there are three court districts in North Carolina.

Giving out a case number isn't doxxing, as it's public information.

Edit: And yes, I've checked. I'm a suspicious bastard at the best of times.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, which one of you is obey-the-fist trying to get the subreddit closed?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its true. As a Florida resident you can commit all sorts of heinous violent crimes and then just move to Florida. They can't touch you. We are the Russia of the US.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's why Florida Man can continue to engage in all sorts of insane and/or criminal activity without getting locked up.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

We are the Russia of the US.

Literally Cuba. Latin flavor out the rear end and no extradition treaty.

More seriously, a guy that gay-bashed a Key West couple just got his rear end returned from North Carolina to stand trial.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Virtual Captain posted:

They just hired the lead of the gameplay team, there's no way that is even fully assembled.

I wish their community would be able to pick up on what this actually means for how they operate over at CIG. What their priorities actually are and have been.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

Literally Cuba. Latin flavor out the rear end and no extradition treaty.

More seriously, a guy that gay-bashed a Key West couple just got his rear end returned from North Carolina to stand trial.

Seriously though they'll ship your rear end back to Hawaii for delinquent speeding tickets. Theres no barriers of that kind between states. So the assertion that's hes trapped in Florida Snowden style is retarded.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Derek in hiding at the Florida Embassy, scratching out legal threats in the wall.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
They're probably confused because in Skyrim bounties are separated by Holds.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Seriously though they'll ship your rear end back to Hawaii for delinquent speeding tickets. Theres no barriers of that kind between states. So the assertion that's hes trapped in Florida Snowden style is retarded.

Hey, that's OUR word.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I wear an extra safety pin so I can say that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So is Derek a fugitive of the law like the A Team?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
MULTIPLE ISSUES WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS OF PLAYING...!

ACTUAL RESULT
First of all, I have downloaded a combo pack that includes Squadron 42. Squadron 42 never came with it.

Otherwise :

- The game crashes half of the time. Sometimes it just doesn't lanches !!!!!!!!!!
- When I'm piloting the RSI Aurora if I leave the seat pilot the character tends to go through the cockpit for no reasons and find himself vessel"less" in the middle of space !

- Many other small issues that are more details and didn't had time to track them all yet.

EXPECTED RESULT
First of all ! the second part of my package called Squadron 42, because I have paid for it !

- A game that actually launches normally without crashing for random resons.

Thanks.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like someones HOMEWORK didn't get done. I doubt even RESEARCH was performed.

They probably just looked at the website and actually believed it.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
The cringe factor on this week's Citizen of the Stars was not too crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_79FwcA40

It's insane that they have to highlight community activity because nothing is going on with the game making side of things. You can only re-factor ships for so long.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

AP posted:

MULTIPLE ISSUES WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS OF PLAYING...!

ACTUAL RESULT
First of all, I have downloaded a combo pack that includes Squadron 42. Squadron 42 never came with it.

Otherwise :

- The game crashes half of the time. Sometimes it just doesn't lanches !!!!!!!!!!
- When I'm piloting the RSI Aurora if I leave the seat pilot the character tends to go through the cockpit for no reasons and find himself vessel"less" in the middle of space !

- Many other small issues that are more details and didn't had time to track them all yet.

EXPECTED RESULT
First of all ! the second part of my package called Squadron 42, because I have paid for it !

- A game that actually launches normally without crashing for random resons.

Thanks.

It's an ALPHA.

Check back in SIX MONTHS.

I smell a troll. gently caress off, GOONIE.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

So is Derek a fugitive of the law like the A Team?

Yeah, but way, way, way easier to find. And less handy with a welder.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Good lord NSFW tag those sexy tech drawings.

Serious News though
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-07-ion-the-space-survival-game-by-dean-hall-and-improbable-is-dead

quote:

"What went wrong with Ion is harder to pin down. Improbable wouldn't speak beyond the statement it sent, and Dean Hall was cagier than I have ever heard him, even though he knows the blame may be levelled at him, both as the person who announced the "game that is not a game" ("I will never live that down") and as the person whose career was both made by DayZ and tarnished by it."

I'm at work and haven't read all of this but the TLDR: DayZ Starcitizen hybrid with REAL CHEMISTRY and REAL PHYSICS was in development but the devs saw their errors and killed the project before it devoured them.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Guess which quote is by the creator of a space MMORPG with massive scope and unparalleled fidelity/immersion, which is currently failing in the development phase:

quote:

I want a game that is not a game. I want a game that is a universe. A universe built not on scripts or quests, but on the laws of physics, biology, and chemistry.

quote:

I don't want to build a game. I want to build a universe.

Answer:

Trick question, it's both.

Eurogamer: Ion, the space survival game by Dean Hall and Improbable, is dead

Roberts Space Industries: Welcome to the Verse…

EDIT: ninja'd while the post was in development :smith:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

PC gamer will still publish articles taking poo poo Dean Hall says seriously, even after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

boviscopophobic posted:

EDIT: ninja'd while the post was in development :smith:

lol, u got braben'd newb. ayy lmao

(but you can tell that i know nothing about post development)

EDIT:
drat that article has to many good quotes

quote:

He added: "I'd far rather people were pissed off I didn't release something than I release something I wasn't happy with and try to take money from them. That's the most important thing."

At least he has the self awareness to stop development before scamming backer money.

Armadillo Tank fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 7, 2017