Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

jesus christ shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes

quote:

#Essential Poll Federal 2 Party Preferred: L/NP 47 (0) ALP 53 (0) #auspol

#Essential Poll Preferred ALP Leader (ALP Voters): Shorten 46 (+9) Plibersek 13 (-3) Albanese 10 (-4) Bowen 3 (+1) #auspol

#Essential Poll Preferred LIB Leader (L/NP Voters): Turnbull 36 (0) Bishop 19 (-1) Abbott 15 (-4) Dutton 2 #auspol

Turnbull would be toast but there's no replacement for him so he keeps his job.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Boobs are too small imo

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Comstar posted:

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes

Turnbull would be toast but there's no replacement for him so he keeps his job.

That adds up to 72%, surely there are some others above 2% in that 28% share

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

norp posted:

That adds up to 72%, surely there are some others above 2% in that 28% share

Or those who say they don't know, or don't care

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

starkebn posted:

Vote one Someone Else

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Vote one Oh God No.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

starkebn posted:

Vote 1: Someone Else

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

norp posted:

I'm someone else!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

norp posted:

How far do you think we could get if I changed my name to Someone Else and started Another Party?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Cleretic posted:

How far do you think we could get if I changed my name to Someone Else and started Another Party?

No as far as if you changed your last name to White and started Whites Australia Party.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

GoldStandardConure posted:

No as far as if you changed your last name to White and started Whites Australia Party.

At least you would continue to split the right vote.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

norp posted:

Literally what lead to Brexit, Trump and Pauline.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lid posted:

The Victorian former deputy speaker’s refusal to repay more than $100,000 in allowances he claimed for living outside his electorate has cost him his spot in the state’s parliamentary Labor party.

Don Nardella resigned from the party after the premier, Daniel Andrews, again asked him to repay the money.

“This morning I met with Don Nardella, the member for Melton, and I indicated to him as I have done for some time now, that in my judgment he should repay the money he claimed,” Andrews told reporters.

“He indicated to me that he was unwilling to do that and I accordingly asked him to resign from the parliamentary Labor party and he has done that. It would have been far better if he’d repay the money.”

Nardella will now sit on the crossbench, and Andrews has told him to talk to the Labor secretary to decide whether he remains in the ALP outside parliament.

When asked if he wanted to comment, Nardella told reporters: “gently caress off.”

Nardella's attitude to this whole affair has been Bronwyn Bishop like. I wonder what he thought he'd get out of this, keeping this attitude.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

You Am I posted:

Nardella's attitude to this whole affair has been Bronwyn Bishop like. I wonder what he thought he'd get out of this, keeping this attitude.

$100k?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Cleretic posted:

This is a good choice, if a bad design, because I can entirely judge people on what their response is. If it's 'what's the point' or 'this is a waste of money', they need stuff like this to remind them that the world isn't theirs.

If it's 'the design looks really weird', but are otherwise approving, they have correct opinions.

So what about the many women who said "what's the point" or "this is a waste of money?"

I think tackling unconscious gender bias is a good thing to do but I'm bemused that anyone's go-to point of reference would be pedestrian crossing signs. Also this reinforces the belief in the minds of 95% of the rest of Australia that inner-city Melbourne is a latte-sipping wankfest and they should kneejerk be against anything we do.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Vic polls have turned against labour. The hun's frontpage says voters are abonding them in droves and according to the ReachTEL poll they'd lose 18 seats if the next election was now.

They blame the $100k scandal as though crossing signals have nothing to do with it!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The VIC State gov seems like the best state gov though, Daniel Andrews is doing a decent job

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

imagine being a swing voter. wow. horrific

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

bowmore posted:

The VIC State gov seems like the best state gov though, Daniel Andrews is doing a decent job

When has that ever mattered if the papers are telling people to think something else?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cirofren posted:

Vic polls have turned against labour. The hun's frontpage says voters are abonding them in droves and according to the ReachTEL poll they'd lose 18 seats if the next election was now.

They blame the $100k scandal as though crossing signals have nothing to do with it!

Why Victorians whyyyyyyyyyy

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Vic voters seem to have short memories however it does mean they can recover from it easily like with the CFA.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Rural Victorians are basically Queenslanders

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I poll Melbourne and the issues are climate change and housing

I call anywhere else in Victoria and the number one issue is the council is stopping Vinnie from doing burnouts in the cul-de-sac.

Also muslims

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
My sister-in-law's Grandma was in a really long term relationship with Don Nardella, but she found out he was loving a bunch of other old ladies as well. Ah Don.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

starkebn posted:

When has that ever mattered if the papers are telling people to think something else?
would be pretty happy if newspapers were no longer a thing tbh

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

bowmore posted:

would be pretty happy if newspapers were no longer a thing tbh

Then you'll just have Facebook and buzz feed running things.
The king is dead, long live the king and all that

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

norp posted:

Then you'll just have Facebook and buzz feed running things.
The king is dead, long live the king and all that
people who read and believe their papers of choice would also be reading and not questioning buzzfeed and facebook

bowmore fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 8, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anidav do you have a switch yet?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
OK I'll say it once and then we can move on, I hope. There is no significant additional expense in changing the silhouettes on crossing signs. They all need to be changed at some point. The change over is being done on this basis. And as fluff pieces that have completely occupied the 'mainstream' (read rabid right wing misogynist) media go it is pretty insubstantial. Will it significantly improve women's rights and lot in Australia. No.

On the other hand there are apparently more CEOs named John than there are women CEOs and the OECD reports it will be 170 years before women bridge the gender pay gap. There is a real problem here and realigning all of the little subtle ways women are underrepresented and valued is part of the solution.

Also harden the gently caress up princesses and get over it already.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Someone needs to shove one of those new, fancy, lady traffic lights down Mr 77's maw

https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/839069951231078400

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anidav do you have a switch yet?

I do.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Apex gang have taken over the state and we are living in a perpetual state of fear due to their superior equipment and numbers. Send gunships.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*Sends Campbell Newman to the seat of Indi*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bogan King posted:

Someone needs to shove one of those new, fancy, lady traffic lights down Mr 77's maw

https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/839069951231078400

https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/839068469278588928

https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/839066588347158529

https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/839066185463259137

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Roberts is full blown bonkers, it would be more funny / less sad though if he wasn't a loving senator.

David Lyinghat just retweeted this too

https://twitter.com/AusGovGunFacts/status/839084614354358272

(hint: that is a nazi)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My grandpa wasn't German

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I hope they have hard copies of the datasets, I hate reading off a screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Bogan King posted:

Roberts is full blown bonkers, it would be more funny / less sad though if he wasn't a loving senator.

David Lyinghat just retweeted this too

(hint: that is a nazi)

Technically, it's an Imperial German Army sturmtruppen in 1918. So, not a Nazi.

But wouldn't it make more sense to have a picture of Australian corpses littered around Fromelles instead? Are troops and all that.

• Locked thread