Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Regalingualius posted:

You listen to Lex Bluther too?

I belong to a Blutheran church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

shadowvine118 posted:

Any word on what the next Disney princess movie might be about? I know it's probably a ways away, but it takes a few years of planning and development so they probably atleast have some idea, even if it ends up being different than the final product.

The next Disney Princess movie is called "the Last Jedi." It comes out in December.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

CRINDY posted:

This is coming out in actual theaters in six weeks

https://youtu.be/CicSHrDKw0M

I'm forcing myself to see Rock Dog, The Dog Who Rocks tomorrow and even I'm skipping this one (although it looks better than Ratchet and Clank, not that that's hard to do)

This looks like the worst kind of cheap garbage.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

LeJackal posted:

This looks like the worst kind of cheap garbage.

It just seems so generic. Like an animated expression of a "meh".

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Crazy Ferret posted:

It just seems so generic. Like an animated expression of a "meh".

That is what makes it so offensive. I can get behind a passionate project poorly executed in some way, like Rock and Rule, but something that just seems to exist for the purpose of checking boxes is obnoxious. Lazy and uninspired character design, cheap looking animation, and a color-the-numbers storyline. Snoozer.

Oh, and there is a serious disconnect between the characters and the environment. It reminds me of asset flip games on Steam; unscrupulous 'developers' purchase premade environments, characters, and animation then put them in a box and roll it out on steam.

This is what the movie looks like to me.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Haha, holy poo poo. I didn't click the link until just now and just knew you guys were talking about The Emoji Movie. Go back and read the conversation, it's spot on.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm obligated to see this film now purely because it does a tail/tale pun in the title :sigh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The writing, story, and voice acting is all pretty bad. But the animation is pretty good which is something you can't say for most of these weird low effort animated movies that come to theaters somehow.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

LeJackal posted:

That is what makes it so offensive. I can get behind a passionate project poorly executed in some way, like Rock and Rule, but something that just seems to exist for the purpose of checking boxes is obnoxious. Lazy and uninspired character design, cheap looking animation, and a color-the-numbers storyline. Snoozer.

I had a major eye-roll at "the mark on your hand means you're royalty, lets reclaim the space throne" reveal. I can forgive some laziness in a movie aimed a young audience but that is just weak. Ground so well tread that it's down to the literal earth's crust.

Das Boo posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. I didn't click the link until just now and just knew you guys were talking about The Emoji Movie. Go back and read the conversation, it's spot on.

This is true. I am baffled by the existence of the Emoji movie and even more at the knowledge that it almost certainly do very well at the box office.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now we need to see how many reviews give it 💯stars.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i want to have sex with a leopard

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Avshalom posted:

i want to have sex with a leopard

Go, live your dream

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Emoji Movie: It's lit, fam. 😂👌🔥🔥🔥

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hedrigall posted:

Go, live your dream
i paint myself with spots and dance in front of the mirror, transfixed by the shifting tide of my innumerable breasts

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
I want to have sex with the Japanese goblin emoji

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm so glad you're un-permabanned, i got a little pang of sorrow every time i saw the perma avatar under your name

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Speaking of thoroughly mediocre movies about animals, whatever became of that "Rabbits don't play Ping-Pong!" "But grandma! Rabbits... do!" film?

Guess rabbits don't star in ping-pong films.

EDIT: "But Shadow Hog! Rabbits... do!"

I suppose I should've just Googled this

EDIT 2: Wait, no, that was just the "updated" status, this thing's still MIA

Shadow Hog fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 7, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

I'm a 9/11 Bluther

I went to a different Bluth (family).

"There's always money in the Twin Towers!"

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PenguinKnight posted:

I went to a different Bluth (family).

"There's always money in the Twin Towers!"

*A giant exploding-titted dragon woman collapses the Twin Towers. Cut to Gob.*
"I've made a huge mistake."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

*A giant exploding-titted dragon woman collapses the Twin Towers. Cut to Gob.*
"I've made a huge mistake."

G-Go on...

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Macaluso posted:

The writing, story, and voice acting is all pretty bad. But the animation is pretty good which is something you can't say for most of these weird low effort animated movies that come to theaters somehow.

The environment design is actually pretty cool. If you mute the audio it looks like it could be a solid Rotten Tomatoes 75%

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Rock Dog is the most average animated film ever made.

-It seemed like a pretty blatant attempt to ape Kung Fu Panda in a lot of ways, from the stylized 2D animation intro that was more appealing and compelling than the rest of the rote second-tier 3D animation to the protagonist's need to develop a mystical power to protect his village.

-The art style was fun. Nothing amazing. I'm kind of stunned this cost $60m because there are some really bad effects moments.

-Luke Wilson even sounds like his brother but worse. A full movie of him is not entirely enjoyable.

-JK Simmons has officially taken too many animal voice roles to not be a furry.

-For a movie about rock music, the mixing was loving godawful. The three licensed rock songs (Foo Fighters, Beck, Radiohead) play really light and high in the mix, sometimes barely audible, and there's an early dream sequence where Luke Wilson Dog falls in love with rock and roll where the music itself is barely audible so you're mostly watching Luke Wilson Dog fly around on a Windows XP screensaver.

-The lion dude looked pretty cool. Lion? Leopard? He was several big cats.

-I smiled a little bit at the cat vs. dog dynamic they barely managed to pick up halfway through the movie.

-I walked out after the incredibly abrupt and sudden ending when the Cartoon Dance Party started so I may have missed the after-credits tag where Norm of the North and The Nut Job invite Rock Dog to the Second Tier Animation Cinematic Universe.

This is the prototypical "divorced dad with weekend visitation matinee" movie. Why the gently caress did I spend $6 and waste 90 minutes to see it. What is wrong with my brain

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I like JK Simmons :3:

Oh poo poo there's a big cat character? TICKETS BOUGHT

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

Hedrigall posted:

I like JK Simmons :3:

Oh poo poo there's a big cat character? TICKETS BOUGHT

just for you, Hedrigall, they did it just for you

for real though, this is not a worthwhile movie and it'll be streaming by august

edit: actually, lol, this voice cast. i'm glad decent actors got easy paychecks out of it, and i understand why Jorge Garcia and Mae Whitman would take the job, but Matt Dillon as this leopard dude? Sam Elliott as Fleetwood Yak?

CRINDY fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 7, 2017

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

That big cat guy looks like a character from the Cheetos expanded universe.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

CRINDY posted:

Sam Elliott as Fleetwood Yak?

... That is so incredibly dumb that I'm kinda surprised it's not a background joke in Zootopia.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

SomeJazzyRat posted:

... That is so incredibly dumb that I'm kinda surprised it's not a background joke in Zootopia.

Shadow Hog fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 7, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Crossover confurmed

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ha ha Mick Jaguar.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

CRINDY posted:

just for you, Hedrigall, they did it just for you

for real though, this is not a worthwhile movie and it'll be streaming by august

I said, tickets bought. :catstare:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

The Silver Snail posted:

My favorite post I've ever seen on SA.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Silver Snail posted:

He looks like the kind of person who, whenever someone brings up Chester Cheetah, would go into a huge rant about how Chester sold out to the man, unlike himself, who is a true artist.

His band mates are sick of it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Schwarzwald posted:

He looks like the kind of person who, whenever someone brings up Chester Cheetah, would go into a huge rant about how Chester sold out to the man, unlike himself, who is a true artist.

His band mates are sick of it.

I want to hear his ironic screamo cover of Everybody Wants To Be A Cat

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Dreamworks went and killed the only movie of theirs I've been interested in seeing in years.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/dreamworks-kills-tim-minchins-larrikins-149137.html

I love Tim Minchin, so this is really tragic. A mentor of mine was also a supervising animator on this movie so I hope he still has a place at Dreamworks. It must suck to animate so many feature-quality shots and then suddenly have all that work shelved, never to be seen by the public.

I might just stop watching Dreamworks films after this. Their future lineup, aside from Dragons 3, looks terrible. And Dragons 2 wasn't even that great.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 8, 2017

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Dragons 2 was not only not great, it was lame.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I had just played Dragonborn and all I could think was, "Miraak is here, where are the cultists, what the hell is going on."
Man, I wish it turned out the dragons were really Lovecraft monsters.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Just re-watched Moana for the first time since its theatrical release.

Grandma is the best. And Shiny is quite possibly the best villain song.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm a villain

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Avshalom posted:

i'm a villain

but do you sing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

but do you sing

impossible. birds don't sing.