Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
YES! this makes me happy.

Ahh crap i bet he's a fever dream, totes Hydra badass number 3, They never left, Bobbi died in the culling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yay, Hunter. I miss him.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Netflix shows are definitely taking place over a longer time period than people think. Jessica Jones had a side arc about people turning on powered people following Age of Ultron and that event was mentioned. Sadly we never see the Avengers tower to place a sort of timeline on events.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

The Netflix shows are definitely taking place over a longer time period than people think. Jessica Jones had a side arc about people turning on powered people following Age of Ultron and that event was mentioned. Sadly we never see the Avengers tower to place a sort of timeline on events.

AOU wasn't mentioned. New York/Avengers 1 was referenced.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Apparently I've been out of the loop for a while

There's no longer going to be an Inhumans movie, instead its going to be a tv show? And it's filming and therefore actually will happen, instead of just being rumored like Most Wanted?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

It's been cast, and to my understanding the premier is in IMAX then an 8 episode series to follow on television.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BlueBayou posted:

Apparently I've been out of the loop for a while

There's no longer going to be an Inhumans movie, instead its going to be a tv show? And it's filming and therefore actually will happen, instead of just being rumored like Most Wanted?

Oh my yes

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Since we don't have Peggy Carter, or Nick Fury showing up in the all he MCU stuff anymore I nominate lockjaw as the connecting thread. Awaiting Jockjaws cameo is Jessica Jones season 2.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Edmund Lava posted:

Since we don't have Peggy Carter, or Nick Fury showing up in the all he MCU stuff anymore I nominate lockjaw as the connecting thread. Awaiting Jockjaws cameo is Jessica Jones season 2.

Lockjaw's other filming commitments may make that difficult or impossible to schedule.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Edmund Lava posted:

It's been cast, and to my understanding the premier is in IMAX then an 8 episode series to follow on television.

Yeah, its basically going to fill the Peggy Carter role of something to bridge the gap between mid season breaks for AOS. And it will weirdly debut in theaters for weirdos who want to spend 6 hours in a theater. But I assume that means there will be some cool space visuals.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, its basically going to fill the Peggy Carter role of something to bridge the gap between mid season breaks for AOS. And it will weirdly debut in theaters for weirdos who want to spend 6 hours in a theater. But I assume that means there will be some cool space visuals.

This is not correct at all. The first two episodes debut as a feature in Imax theaters only on 9/1 and the show starts on TV on 9/26. It is not a bridge for this show like Agent Carter was.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I apologize because I apparently had it all wrong. Mea culpa.

That certainly makes more sense than what I thought, re: the IMax thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah you're assuming AoS is getting another season.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

X-O posted:

This is not correct at all. The first two episodes debut as a feature in Imax theaters only on 9/1 and the show starts on TV on 9/26. It is not a bridge for this show like Agent Carter was.

Seems like a great way to ensure so much confusion that no one will ever watch the show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Arcanen posted:

Seems like a great way to ensure so much confusion that no one will ever watch the show.

Eh, I imagine most people won't even realize the Imax thing is happening and only the nerdiest of us will care. For most people it will probably just be another tv show.

Its like when some network releases the pilot of a show online 2 weeks before its debut and you just have a bunch of people spending 2 weeks having redacted conversations about the thing most people are still waiting to watch.

Except in this case you actually have to leave your house and pay extra money, so I imagine less people will bother unless there's some really cool visuals that demand a big screen.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 7, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Arcanen posted:

I don't see how this causes any confusion at all?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, I imagine most people won't even realize the Imax thing is happening and only the nerdiest of us will care. For most people it will probably just be another tv show.

It would be a cool/weird new trend if HBO tier television started giving their pilots short window theatrical releases.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess the idea is that people would be confused as to whether its a movie or a tv show or a movie that leads into a tv show.

Which could happen but that probably depends on how they advertise it. And its in ABC's interests to advertise it as a TV show first and foremost and just include a "and catch a sneak peak at IMax theaters" in it.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I was reading it as "the first two episodes are IMAX only", with a follow up tv show. If those two episodes will be airing on tv, then there's no confusion and it's my mistake.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Arcanen posted:

I was reading it as "the first two episodes are IMAX only", with a follow up tv show. If those two episodes will be airing on tv, then there's no confusion and it's my mistake.

My wording may have tripped you up. I meant as they are only screening in the IMAX format theaters, not regular ones. And yes they will also air on TV.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd be down for Marvel to just make 8-10 episode seasons that are content arcs about various characters. Here's 10 episodes about Kamala Khan, and here's Moon Knight, and oh look Here's Wiccan and Hulkling!

Yea that's what Netflix is doing, but shows that are especially for younger audiences would work well on TV.

If they did plan on ending AoS next year, I'd hope they'd use that time to build up more inhumans and let the show take it from there.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It'll be a shame if AoS never really gets beyond the whole mutants inhumans thing. Does anyone really care about discount mutants beyond hardcore comic book nerds? I had never even heard of them until the movie was announced.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Even hardcore comic nerds don't care that much. Marvel has been pushing inhumans because Fox owns the film rights to mutants plain and simple.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't care about SHIELD or the Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man or way back to Iron Man. So I'm totally on board with giving the Inhumans a chance, especially since it has a natural link to AOS.

Plus as a childhood Fantastic Four fan its probably the closest I'm going to get to seeing any FF stuff in the MCU.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sunday at work posted:

Even hardcore comic nerds don't care that much. Marvel has been pushing inhumans because Fox owns the film rights to mutants plain and simple.
And yet there are still a ton more X-Men comics compared to Inhuman comics

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It would be more interseting to see the AoS cast interact with the Royals than what we've seen before; and Established culture vs randos.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I always figured that once the real Inhumans showed up they would refer to the AoS ones as gutter trash.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Until it's revealed that Cal and whatsherface aren't Daisy's real parents either, and her true name is Skyagar Boltagon.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

It would be a cool/weird new trend if HBO tier television started giving their pilots short window theatrical releases.

It's not a new trend - Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and Battlestar Galactica got cinema releases for the pilots in the late 1970s.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

counterfeitsaint posted:

It'll be a shame if AoS never really gets beyond the whole mutants inhumans thing. Does anyone really care about discount mutants beyond hardcore comic book nerds? I had never even heard of them until the movie was announced.

I always wanted twisty super spy stuff, but I suppose that's a lot harder to write :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I recall Game of Thrones having special theatrical screenings of season premiers.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gorilla Salad posted:

I always wanted twisty super spy stuff, but I suppose that's a lot harder to write :(

I loved the old team spy missions when Daisy was a hacker called Sky. Simmons was scared of everything. Fitz brought sandwiches on missions.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just a few old school Mission: Impossible style episodes but with the tech turned up to 11 :(

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Arcanen posted:

If you think that's bad, warp on over to the Star Trek thread. On top of a nearly year-long delay, the first episode of the new Star Trek series will debut on CBS's broadcast channels, then all subsequent episodes will only be available through CBS's "premium" streaming service. :ughh:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

pee out my butt posted:

Until it's revealed that Cal and whatsherface aren't Daisy's real parents either, and her true name is Skyagar Boltagon.

THAT'S NOT HER ....dad?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Doggles posted:

If you think that's bad, warp on over to the Star Trek thread. On top of a nearly year-long delay, the first episode of the new Star Trek series will debut on CBS's broadcast channels, then all subsequent episodes will only be available through CBS's "premium" streaming service. :ughh:

So, they almost get it, then don't.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Doggles posted:

Only in the US. :patriot:

Literally every other country gets it on Netflix.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

First rule of providing media in the age of torrents: make it easy for us to watch legally.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
even torrenting is a bit of legwork when you can just type show name+streaming into google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

even torrenting is a bit of legwork when you can just type show name+streaming into google

Some people want to have copies of poo poo on hand.

• Locked thread