Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Theta Zero posted:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753516591

Ana nerfs, Sombra and Zen buffs, some weird QOL changes for other characters.

Junkrat... got a buff?! :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Father Wendigo posted:

Truly the end times.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

:brrring:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

what if i told u...

junkrat has been buffed before

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Sombra buffs are cool and all but they aren't what she needs.

Why is Blizzard so afraid to buff her DPS even a little? If they don't want to boost the damage her bullets do or make it so hacking enemies makes them take more damage or whatever, they could do something as simple as increasing her rate of fire, effectively doing the same thing. I'd like to play competitive with my main without being told to switch or, in the event that we win, being told I was carried.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Maple Leaf posted:

Why is Blizzard so afraid to buff her DPS even a little? If they don't want to boost the damage her bullets do or make it so hacking enemies makes them take more damage or whatever, they could do something as simple as increasing her rate of fire, effectively doing the same thing. I'd like to play competitive with my main without being told to switch or, in the event that we win, being told I was carried.

Two things, one of which is actually a good reason:

- if you start buffing Sombra's damage it's not long before she starts cutting into Tracer's design space
- people will scream blue murder if they make a stealth character who can actually get quick kills

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can see two reasons not to buff her damage

1) she has a teleport and invisibility. if her gun is legit, she can go behind and pick off a support for free every few seconds

2) emp has the potential to be insanely good. if her gun is better, her already fast charging, snowball-y ult will charge even faster. keep in mind that you can get emp in half a minute or less if you're efficient

personally, I think the damage itself is fine and doesn't need to be better. yea it's low, but she doesn't need the best gun to do her job; she's not tracer and she isn't supposed to be, whatever people seem to think. what I want is for them to tighten the spread a bit so you can deal max damage from a little further away and aren't totally useless even before your damage falloff begins

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Buff Junkrat by giving him more traps. Allow him to plant more bear traps, hang pianos from wires above chokepoints, paint tunnels on the wall that he can travel through, etc.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sombra can either have broken as poo poo support abilities or decent damage if they want her to be playable. Looks like they're opting to buff the wrong aspects of skills that can't fix Sombra. (wrong skill, wrong aspect of skill,) Here let me buff her. 20% Damage buff (try it may be too high). No decloak noise like what the gently caress is that. Translocator lasts forever. Wow I fixed Sombra good job me.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 7, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

Slam pick Sombra anyway and tell them to gently caress off, because she's still damned good right now. Your team is rarely if ever going to notice that you're doing good. If you're actually good though? The enemy team will loving loathe you. Buffing her damage would pretty much make her a mandatory pick.

Unoriginal Name posted:

yessss eat a bag of dicks you miserable hag

lol if you think Ana is going anywhere.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Bolow posted:

Buffing her damage would pretty much make her a mandatory pick.

I'm not seeing the issue here

I suppose it makes sense to not buff Sombra's damage so as to not make her EMP overpowered or to not make Tracer obsolete. It just sucks trying to play a character in a game about killing people and being unable to kill people.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Maple Leaf posted:

I'm not seeing the issue here

I suppose it makes sense to not buff Sombra's damage so as to not make her EMP overpowered or to not make Tracer obsolete. It just sucks trying to play a character in a game about killing people and being unable to kill people.

The good news is that if Zen starts seeing more use you'll have more opportunities to gank discorded targets.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This smilie is something I never knew I needed in my life until now, thanks.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Come on Blizzard, just make translocator permanent and have cooldown start on placement. Or at the very least, allow us to force cancel it although that is more complicated.

Bolow posted:

lol if you think Ana is going anywhere.

Like seriously, the only really hurt her instant burst healing and DPS, that doesn't really change her overall heal rate much. The only difference is how much you need to babysit Ana and it moves her out of McCrees AA design space.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

FaustianQ posted:

Like seriously, the only really hurt her instant burst healing and DPS, that doesn't really change her overall heal rate much. The only difference is how much you need to babysit Ana and it moves her out of McCrees AA design space.

With Zen buffs, Winston buffs and dive comps already seeing play, lol if you think she won't get instantly ganked with a discord hanging over her head like she's loving Damocles

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Theta Zero posted:

Every single one of these changes is really good. So I don't believe it'll make it live

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't understand why it doesn't save them or highlights in some video format or another locally.

of course you could stream to facebook or save stream to disk and then go through your highlights page....

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Theta Zero posted:

:holy:

these are really good, my word. ana nerf is great, winston buff is great and consistent with other characters, zen buff is not huge but nice in general.

FaustianQ posted:

Like seriously, the only really hurt her instant burst healing and DPS,
That's great though, because she was insanely good at the first thing(which is important) and the second is part of what makes her really really hard to 1v1 as most heros

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 7, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Ana nerf should have just been grenade. It's now heavily implored that anyone with aim play DPS since all healers are just a deterrent against harassment from afar.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
making ana more killable by flankers is great though. like someone else said a bit ago it's good for supports to have weaknesses-zen and mercy can be dived and killed relatively easily without backup from their team.

loving reading salty ana mains on reddit atm

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i honestly just wish winston's gun could do 60 dps through anything and everything (except immunity or zarya shields or whatever) that way he's not completely shut down by a little bit of armor or damage reduction or whatever

Winston I think could do with a slight buff to his damage, that or give him a secondary fire to give him a little range

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Winston didn't really need a buff before the shield change (although I think it's ok since that wait felt too long) and he definitely doesn't need another one now.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Unoriginal Name posted:

With Zen buffs, Winston buffs and dive comps already seeing play, lol if you think she won't get instantly ganked with a discord hanging over her head like she's loving Damocles

IronicDongz posted:

That's great though, because she was insanely good at the first thing(which is important) and the second is part of what makes her really really hard to 1v1 as most heros

Nanoboost isn't gone, Grenade still has full antiheal, Sleep Dart is still a thing, and her instant burst is only toned down but not gone. She still has the highest sustained HPS, highest burst, and she makes other healers better still. Ana isn't going anywhere, the Meta will only change to make sure someone can babysit the now healbot.

I mean yeah it might make dive comps more prevalent up until whatever tank+best antiflanker composition is chosen, which might just literally the exact same setup as now except Hog has to be more vigilant about Genji, Tracer and Winston.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Instead of killing the sleeping dude on my own I have to call for help on my microphone I cannot believe this is happening

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Bolow posted:

Slam pick Sombra anyway and tell them to gently caress off, because she's still damned good right now. Your team is rarely if ever going to notice that you're doing good. If you're actually good though? The enemy team will loving loathe you. Buffing her damage would pretty much make her a mandatory pick.

Being loathed by your own team as well as the Red team is just part of Sombra's canon role. :v:

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I had a QP game last night where we rocked through Gibraltar-A using really well-coordinated ults to repeatedly Team Kill an otherwise decent group. One of their guys flipped his poo poo and started calling us "pussies" for "only pushing with ults". The teams were the same for the next map so one of our guys calls out "they're tilted, let's just stick together", and he was so right we pretty much steamrolled them.

The guy complaining then accused me of focusing him because I killed him twice in quick succession. No poo poo, you're a soldier standing out in the open with chipped health and a squishy, exposed head with not a single icicle sticking out of it.

Kinda hilarious when you're lv200+ and raging at a team for successfully wiping you with teamwork.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Instead of killing the sleeping dude on my own I have to call for help on my microphone I cannot believe this is happening

You say that as though the average player responds to calls for help, or even acknowledges the presence Ana at all outside of "I need healing" and "I died wtf healer?!"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

dumb. posted:

You say that as though the average player responds to calls for help, or even acknowledges the presence Ana at all outside of "I need healing" and "I died wtf healer?!"

I mean it's pretty common outside of dumpster fire tier.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Ana's lost her other eye RIP

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Will I be the fastest to slampick Zen in comp now and will I be able to shoot down the Pharah with balls instead of a sniper rifle (probably not)

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

dogstile posted:

I mean it's pretty common outside of dumpster fire tier.

That recent blue post pointed out that only 8% of players made it above 3k and stayed there last season

This ana damage nerf really sucks for most of us who play her in the "dumpster fire tier". Like mercy might be more survivable to flankers than ana now because at least she has mobility

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
To me at least dumpster fire tier is below 2k. Most players are above 2k.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

phthalocyanine posted:

That recent blue post pointed out that only 8% of players made it above 3k and stayed there last season

This ana damage nerf really sucks for most of us who play her in the "dumpster fire tier". Like mercy might be more survivable to flankers than ana now because at least she has mobility

Yeah dumpster fire is silver and below for me. Maybe gold.

I don't know, i'm planning on playing on my friends gold account tonight (going round his because I don't have internet still (loving lovely providers!) and he lives close enough that I can go round and drunkwatch taking turns with him) so I might change my opinion before tomorrow, we'll see.

I don't know what gold is like to be honest, i've never been below plat so they might actually be "kinda good" and i just don't know.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 7, 2017

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I played Lucio pretty exclusively and wound up in the dumpster fire tier. :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ana can still win a 1v1 with any character if she lands her dart. This just means that maybe she'll lose if she misses her dart.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
a fight against a typical flanker is now 3 shots and a grenade instead of 2 shots and a grenade

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

dogstile posted:

Yeah dumpster fire is silver and below.

Well I got bad news about how likely you are to get protection as a healer in gold and low-mid plat

Ana needed nerfs and I'm in support of ana nerfs. but the combination of these nerfs takes away most of the solo climb power she had and now I guess I gotta go back to learning zarya

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

a fight against a typical flanker is now 3 shots and a grenade instead of 2 shots and a grenade
She also has 50 less HP to work with.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ana shouldn't be getting that many kills anyways but now she just has a more difficult time repelling flankers if she misses her dart. 60 damage per shot is serviceable and antiheals are still real. ana will be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
The good thing is she's also still good support against pharah since she doesn't have falloff.