Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Drifter posted:

Yes, you can have a character be awesome for 6 minutes, that's cool. Her arc was like a reverse Mass Effect 3 - kinda bland throughout but pretty dope at the end. It doesn't diminish anything except the abilities of the writers.

I think people complained about her dumbass outfit more than anything else.
That and the power of Shep's healing dick. Shepard comes Chicken Noodle Soup For The Soul, apparently.

Heroin, but yeah basically the same thing as CNSFTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

I still can't get over how funny this looks.

Has an Advent Rising vibe to it:

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 7, 2017

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

So I just read the other character descriptions for the first time and that Cora (aka undercut polemics girl) was supposed to be pathfinder?

quote:

After a career in the Alliance military, she served with Talein's Daughters, an Asari commando unit, as part of a Council inter-species integration scheme. She is second-in-command of the human Pathfinder team and Alec Ryder's appointed successor, so it's a little odd that one of the Ryder kids gets the Pathfinder job instead of her.

So if you play as guyRyder not only she loses the job (NEPOTISM) but he gets to romance her too?

guddamn suave, tiny

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Napoleon Ryder

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

quote:

Connor Clay‏ Nord Ronnoc
With EA Access, am I allowed to stream the 10-hour trial of Mass Effect?

Billy Buskell‏ @ehlien
😃👍

So watch out if you're spoiler-averse, I suppose, but if you're looking for unadulterated footage, it'll be in the wild.

Also, there's this:

This is apparently one of those little things you can do in the background if it's you're want. If I understand them right, if there's a mission that you dont' want to do personally in multiplayer, you can assign an NPC strike team and hope for the best while you do other stuff.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Napoleon Ryder

picked my name thanks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Transmetropolitan posted:

So I just read the other character descriptions for the first time and that Cora (aka undercut polemics girl) was supposed to be pathfinder?

So if you play as guyRyder not only she loses the job (NEPOTISM) but he gets to romance her too?

guddamn suave, tiny

If there's a way to make her try to kill Tiny Ryder I'mma do it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
im the "nasty outlaw group"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Milky Moor posted:

Then you should watch out for the strike team.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Milky Moor posted:

your FETlife profile is leaking.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Napoleon Ryder

Richard Ryder

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ainsley McTree posted:

This new one looks terrible, unlike my favorite video game ever, ME2, which had no weird animations, or unremarkable characters, or characters based on models except the characters had weirdly puffy faces, or female characters with bad haircuts

I miss the golden age of mass effect

You're kinda being dumb about things because the same issues or worse, visually, have kept cropping up in the Bioware games, as we've been discussing. No one's said ME2 was some pinnacle of animation, but 6 years on you'd think the production devs would have a better grasp on how to pipeline animation time...you know, in their game that's heavily character/characterization-based.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 7, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Does the Frostbite engine use the same middleware suites as the UE3 variant the ME trilogy was made with? It's not really a thing of just "porting over" a pipeline good as new. One of the reasons Obsidian gets a bad rap for jankiness is because up until PoE, every single game they made used a different engine that they had to learn all about before the churn could begin.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Blue Raider posted:

Richard Ryder

Can you even change the first name. I mean how could you not pick "Low Ryder".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Can you even change the first name. I mean how could you not pick "Low Ryder".

You can change the first name, but the crew is voice acted to call them by their canon first names if you don't change them.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dick Ryder imo

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Li'l Ryder

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 7, 2017

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I figured most of you as Mustache Ryders, tbqh.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Burkion posted:

I'm just going to always wear my sweet helmets because of my horrible face.

and in the game too? :iamafag:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Drifter posted:

You're kinda being dumb about things because the same issues or worse, visually, have kept cropping up in the Bioware games, as we've been discussing. No one's said ME2 was some pinnacle of animation, but 6 years on you'd think the production devs would have a better grasp on how to pipeline animation time...you know, in their game that's heavily character/characterization-based.

Not only that but these are a noticeable step down in quality from even Dragon Age: Inquisition, a frostbite engine game released in 2014.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Are they? I recall some real bad animations hanging around in DA:I

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Drifter posted:

I'm sorry for making dumb posts in this thread I'll try to step up the level of discussion

I'm naming my Ryder boner

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Apparently the white lines on the MEA start screen here are the kanji for halberd/spear/the pointy bit of a spear but I'm not having it for a second that Bioware are that clever.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If the Geth are back so can be Uber Milf Samara and my friend Shepard. Short Ryder gently caress OFF!

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Vitamin P posted:

Apparently the white lines on the MEA start screen here are the kanji for halberd/spear/the pointy bit of a spear but I'm not having it for a second that Bioware are that clever.

I'll give them credit, unlikely as it is for video game developers to know anything about Japanese stuff, tip of the spear is perfectly apropos for this.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah they literally call the Pathfinders the "tip of the spear" in one of the videos.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I'll give them credit, unlikely as it is for video game developers to know anything about Japanese stuff, tip of the spear is perfectly apropos for this.

Correction, Mac Walters probably sees this kanji close up every weekend while chained up and servicing his favorite Tokyo-born prostitute, checks out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just the tip

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
What lines? The lens flare around the planet?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

It's one thing when it's a result of an actual decision you made, it's quite another when you miss the trigger for the mission entirely and then he betrays you outta nowhere because the only metric the game checks is 'did you do loyalty mission y/n'

Believe it or not, people can not like those things in Mass Effect 2 and ALSO not like them in Andromeda! It's not an either/or thing at all, actually!

Not actually true. It checks "did you do the loyalty mission at all and if you did what choice did you make". You can do the loyalty mission and still get betrayed.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Multiplayer DLC will be free like ME3. Good on Bioware.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

This is more or less the standard for multiplayer shooters at this point. Charging for content splits the player base and fosters discontent. Better to give people the modes and maps for free and then charge them $$$ for the cool cosmetics and poo poo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Skippy McPants posted:

This is more or less the standard for multiplayer shooters at this point. Charging for content splits the player base and fosters discontent. Better to give people the modes and maps for free and then charge them $$$ for the cool cosmetics and poo poo.

Call of Duty's season pass is all of it's multiplayer DLC, which you have to pay for.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is there gonna be a preload for this?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yes, Origin says I can preload but I can't remember if it's the 17th or 19th that it turns on.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kurieg posted:

Call of Duty's season pass is all of it's multiplayer DLC, which you have to pay for.

CoD has remained the one big holdout to the change, and they've continued to get away with it because it's CoD.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I'm pretty sure EA also make money off the free DLC with people paying real cash value for boxes to unlock the new stuff faster.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
The only free part of the me3 dlc were the maps

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

steakmancer posted:

The change to the ending was free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

steakmancer posted:

An enormous amount of free content was added to MP through the DLC, including like 50 new classes and a new enemy faction.