Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Curious if others have noticed this:

If I am playing with the Joy Cons and put the console to sleep, I am unable to wake the console using the Pro Controller. I can wake it with the Joy Cons.
If I am playing with the Pro Controller and put the console to sleep, I AM able to wake the console with the Pro Controller. I think docked Joy Cons can wake it no matter what.

It seems like maybe only the wireless controller you last used can wake it? Anyone else have this happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Macintosh HD posted:

Curious if others have noticed this:

If I am playing with the Joy Cons and put the console to sleep, I am unable to wake the console using the Pro Controller. I can wake it with the Joy Cons.
If I am playing with the Pro Controller and put the console to sleep, I AM able to wake the console with the Pro Controller. I think docked Joy Cons can wake it no matter what.

It seems like maybe only the wireless controller you last used can wake it? Anyone else have this happen?

i can wake the system with any controller wirelessly after putting the system asleep with anything wirelessly. i dont know why yours doesnt let you

e: everything is already paired, right?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Handheld mode is great, Zelda is incredible, Joycons are really neat (and totally fine for 2 player games), Snipper Clips couch co-op is fantastic. If Nintendo can keep a steady stream of excellent first party games and fun indie stuff coming, this is going to be an amazing system.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Me too but it did take a few tries to wake it with the pro controller.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

squidgee posted:

If Nintendo can keep a steady stream of... games

lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
and man, what games?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

what games?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Will consoles usually see spikes in sales when specific games come out? I know I have bought a 3ds because one of the pokemon came out of them and I didn't have a 3ds at the time.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'll be playing Zelda till I'm an old man and I still probably wouldn't have reached a dungeon.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't wait for the Switch to have more than 1 game it's going to be great.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I'm glad I was able to snag a preorder at Wally World. I went in on the 3rd to pick one up and was utterly unsurprised by the lack of organization or understanding of how preorders work or why they're rung in jewelry and not in electronics. When the only person in the store who knew what was going on went to fetch my preorder from the warehouse, I asked her to bring out a pro controller as well. Then when another lady rung up my order, she matter-of-factly told the jewelry counter lady that the controller was "part of my preorder" without checking the ticket so hey, free controller!

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 7, 2017

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Blazing Zero posted:

i can wake the system with any controller wirelessly after putting the system asleep with anything wirelessly. i dont know why yours doesnt let you

e: everything is already paired, right?

Yeah... weird. I don't know if it's a factor, but any time I was using the Joy Cons, it was undocked and then docked with the Pro Controller.

EDIT: Do the controllers somehow unpair? I'm not disconnecting them or anything... just doing the usual "press L+R to select controller" business.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
all the games! i can't wait until dark souls trilogy is ported over complete with exclusive switch areas and link outfits and the master sword. dark souls 3 switch will be amazing because it will look no different due to magic. i look forward to people to losing their poo poo over both in excitement and ps4/pc only fanbase who can't access the new areas.

it will also come with a free car and skydiving passes.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

there's good news for you in the e-shop ;)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

*in very Jivjov voice* it has more than 1 game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm here to inform you that FAST RMX is good and cool and available for download right now

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
when does us puyo puyo tetris come out

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Here is my hot take on some of the stuff that was being discussed:

Horizon Zero Dawn: Is complete poo poo because it is a game on a system that I do not own.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: See above.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would be hugely, hugely surprised to get Dark Souls on the switch. Even more so that a trilogy of all three would be ported.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Louisgod posted:

*in very Jivjov voice* it has more than 1 game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

HyperPuma posted:

NA: April 25
PAL: April 28

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

HyperPuma posted:

April

Or you can download it through the Japanese eshop if you don't mind Japanese menus/voice acting

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The last thing I want to play on the switch is dark souls. Bring me the hd Zelda remakes windwaker and twilight princess and make this a true Zelda box

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can't wait for nintendo switch to get google play or what ever the iphone has for mobile games, I guess iphone

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I bet Switch gets Dark Souls II SOTFS, if anything at all. Dark Souls 3 won't happen, it pushes the PS4 well enough. Kinda puts Dark Souls 1 out of the equation. It's basically never going to happen.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

The upcoming release schedule is pretty good so far so... :shrug:

That being said, I haven't owned a Nintendo console for the better part of a decade, so WiiU re-releases + Splatoon 2 + virtual console is more than enough for me.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
What's the range on the joycons?

Also how do they feel for long sessions when docked? I'm really hesitating whether I should pickup a pro controller or not.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder why they are taking their time releasing it in here. There's really no competition in the puzzle genre and localization must be minimal.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

VideoGames posted:

I would be hugely, hugely surprised to get Dark Souls on the switch. Even more so that a trilogy of all three would be ported.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/12/report-dark-souls-3-running-on-switch-from-software-considering-trilogy-rerelease/

i think this is the site got most of the pre reveal switch stuff right, not the launch line up tho, but still...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

parallelodad posted:

I wonder why they are taking their time releasing it in here. There's really no competition in the puzzle genre and localization must be minimal.

It took a long time to determine if rice balls should be localized as "hamburgers" or "jelly doughnuts"

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
the lack of traditional handheld / puzzle games in the us is baffling to me.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

parallelodad posted:

To be fair there's not much competition in any of the genres

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

Will consoles usually see spikes in sales when specific games come out? I know I have bought a 3ds because one of the pokemon came out of them and I didn't have a 3ds at the time.
I bought a PS4 when Arkham Knight was coming out, that game ended up being bad. It was ok though because Fallout 4 was coming out not long after. Sadly that also turned out to be bad.

My final "anticipated" PS4 game will be Person 5...

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Olivil posted:

What's the range on the joycons?

Also how do they feel for long sessions when docked? I'm really hesitating whether I should pickup a pro controller or not.

It's kind of an unknown, still, because they seem to be highly susceptible to interference. We've seen video evidence of them working fine from like 30 feet, and I've never had any issues this week playing zelda from my couch, but also some people are still posting reports of desync issues from like 6 feet away, so it's hard to get a clear number.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

I'll be playing Zelda till I'm an old man and I still probably wouldn't have reached a dungeon.

I think my Link is going to abandon his quest to save Hyrule and is instead going to open a food truck in that beach town.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I have purchased 3 (three) entire games for the Nintendo Switch, and as of today have only played 1 (one) of them.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

irlZaphod posted:

I have purchased 3 (three) entire games for the Nintendo Switch, and as of today have only played 1 (one) of them.

I've purchased 4, if you count the three Shovel Knight campaigns as separate games. I'll probably also throw Blast Master on the pile. Gotta build up a backlog of NES-like games to play after I finish Zelda in like 2 weeks :f5:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

irlZaphod posted:

I had no idea 1-2-Switch was that engrossing!

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

ethanol posted:

The last thing I want to play on the switch is dark souls. Bring me the hd Zelda remakes windwaker and twilight princess and make this a true Zelda box
After playing BotW I dunno if I can go back to old Zeldas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Linx posted:

To be fair there's not much competition in any of the genres

Yeah. You have "Race game", "Adventure Game", "Action Platformer Game", "Puzzle Game", "Rhythm Game", "Dance Game", "Party Game", and "Multiplayer Battle Game", but you have exactly one of each. And Skylanders, whatever that counts as.

I guess you have two puzzle games counting Snipperclips.

Edit: Italicized all the ones I've bought, of which I've played a decent amount of each.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 7, 2017

• Locked thread