Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I love the long beat of silence after they rip it up and see the blue core

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Did that idiot just rip a real misty in half?

yup

little munchkin posted:

I love the long beat of silence after they rip it up and see the blue core

it's beautiful when it happens, also the shopkeeper dude didn't really seem convinced which is probably why he gave it to the card owner to rip

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Did that idiot just rip a real misty in half?

Yes. They ripped a real one and ripped off the goon who made the trade LOL.

This is the unfortunate side effect of false confidence sometimes. There is no such thing as a fake that passes a loving rip test that doesn't have other glaring issues. Also, the light tests with fake cards have issues with light coming through hardly at all , not whatever dumb "dot" poo poo they made up. Also after talking to the guy, it seems that it passed the loupe test for everything but the set symbol which is :laffo: considering that no fake ever made can pass a loupe test ever. (If it has nobody has loving talked about it or made it open to the public for purchase)

Much like with other posters in the thread about fakes, people get it in their head that they are great at spotting fakes and well, they are not. As it turns out that a store owner who has owned millions of magic cards doesn't have a loving clue what he is talking about. (shocker)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sickening posted:

This is the unfortunate side effect of false confidence sometimes. There is no such thing as a fake that passes a loving rip test that doesn't have other glaring issues. Also, the light tests with fake cards have issues with light coming through hardly at all , not whatever dumb "dot" poo poo they made up. Also after talking to the guy, it seems that it passed the loupe test for everything but the set symbol which is :laffo: considering that no fake ever made can pass a loupe test ever. (If it has nobody has loving talked about it or made it open to the public for purchase)

Much like with other posters in the thread about fakes, people get it in their head that they are great at spotting fakes and well, they are not. As it turns out that a store owner who has owned millions of magic cards doesn't have a loving clue what he is talking about. (shocker)

it didn't look any different at all when they did the light test imo

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

little munchkin posted:

it didn't look any different at all when they did the light test imo

Exactly. They said it had "dots" or something which honestly was probably just an imperfection in that paper used or something when it was printed. No fakes ever printed will shine light through a fake at that level of brightness as shown in the video.

At least mistys will be 25 bucks in a few weeks.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Sickening posted:

Wait I thought that the goon just was accused of sending a fake but still got their end of the trade?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

Wait I thought that the goon just was accused of sending a fake but still got their end of the trade?

It seems that the goon sent back the cards he got in the trade because reasons.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Sickening posted:

It seems that the goon sent back the cards he got in the trade because reasons.

I would have told that guy to gently caress off.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I would have told that guy to gently caress off.

also add "PS: lol"

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Still got the cards just paypalled him some money per deckbox admin's uh, judgement I'll call it.

I had already put way too much time into it at that point, just wanted to move on.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That video is payment enough.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DangerDongs posted:

That video is payment enough.

the video isn't hilarious now because that guy isn't out his mistys, he got his poo poo back

he's ripping up someone else's

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I did receive the misty back. I carry it in my trade binder as a reminder.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

I did receive the misty back. I carry it in my trade binder as a reminder.

This is why I hate loving deckbox and have mostly stopped doing much on it, including keeping up with my collection.

Where's baronvonvaderham's alternative when we need it?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I played Temur Dynavolt last night, and while it was fun if I landed a Tower, it was miserable if I didn't. The highlight of the night though was that I forgot my box of commons/uncommons to make a real sideboard, but I did have the remnants of my 4C Saheeli deck. So I threw in 4x Cat, 3x Saheeli, 2x Marvel, and 3x Oath of Nissa and managed to get some surprise game wins by transforming into that deck. If I had a Plains in my deck I would have been at least 2-1, but as it was I went 1-2 and dropped to draft a good deck I got mana screwed with.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

I played Temur Dynavolt last night, and while it was fun if I landed a Tower, it was miserable if I didn't. The highlight of the night though was that I forgot my box of commons/uncommons to make a real sideboard, but I did have the remnants of my 4C Saheeli deck. So I threw in 4x Cat, 3x Saheeli, 2x Marvel, and 3x Oath of Nissa and managed to get some surprise game wins by transforming into that deck. If I had a Plains in my deck I would have been at least 2-1, but as it was I went 1-2 and dropped to draft a good deck I got mana screwed with.

You know, you could always add black for unlicensed disintegration and fatal push, and then get away with running bring to light. :getin:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Rip Ancient stirrings.

Oh and what is this? Fulminator mage is spiking? Who saw this coming?

Sickening fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 7, 2017

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

Rip Ancient stirrings.

Oh and what is this? Fulminator mage is spiking? Who saw this coming?

I'm confused, is there some weird banning I'm unaware of?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Madmarker posted:

I'm confused, is there some weird banning I'm unaware of?

No, it looks like Crystal Commerce has gone down, which powers a whole heap of MTG stores. As a result, supply has collapsed.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

No, it looks like Crystal Commerce has gone down, which powers a whole heap of MTG stores. As a result, supply has collapsed.

Ah ok.......Thanks for clearing that up.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I just assumed that was a result of not getting printed in MM 17. Although it is just a good card and Grixis is still crazy popular in Delver and Control variants.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BJPaskoff posted:

Play some Trophy mages instead of just Rogue Refiners. One less power and 2 less energy for always finding the 2nd best card in your deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
80 bucks for GPNJ and not even a lousy playmat lol.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

80 bucks for GPNJ and not even a lousy playmat lol.

At least they aren't calling it GPNY.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

At least they aren't calling it GPNY.

It's at the exact same location as GPNY last year too. Hopefully I can repeat my Day 1 and not my Day 2 from that event...

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Not sure what retailers have them at but a MM17 massdrop for 217 on them.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Alaan posted:

Not sure what retailers have them at but a MM17 massdrop for 217 on them.

Looks like around 240-250 range for most places.

Do we know if places like Walmart and Target are actually getting this product as well?

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Count Bleck posted:

Do we know if places like Walmart and Target are actually getting this product as well?

If they do, will any real life humans be able to get them?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Rudy is a real life human he'll buy a hundred of them.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Do employees count as real life humans?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

BJPaskoff posted:

Play 4C Energy Fog. I got a few more locals on this deck and it's hilariously fun and great against the current meta

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Alaan posted:

No

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alaan posted:

this is america

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Count Bleck posted:

USD?

I paid $240 CDN lol.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

If I can rope some people into drafting or playing sealed I'll buy a box, otherwise I'm just buying new playsets of some of the <$5 cards.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I know at least three or four people who are gonna buy and crack a whole box, then make a facebook post about their SWEET PULLS that if you actually add them up come out to slightly less than what they paid for the box, even at TCG sell prices, never mind buylist prices.

Of course, one person will open a foil goyf or something, which will somehow make all the others think they weren't wasting their money.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Entropic posted:

I know at least three or four people who are gonna buy and crack a whole box, then make a facebook post about their SWEET PULLS that if you actually add them up come out to slightly less than what they paid for the box, even at TCG sell prices, never mind buylist prices.

Of course, one person will open a foil goyf or something, which will somehow make all the others think they weren't wasting their money.

God, they could at least open a box with friends and just provide all the cards for a sealed event or draft. Even if they keep them, anything but just cracking them...

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

There's no way people at my store would go for that. Imagine the feelbads of opening something you can't keep! Why would I want to do that to them?

:smith:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

odiv posted:

There's no way people at my store would go for that. Imagine the feelbads of opening something you can't keep! Why would I want to do that to them?

:smith:

Many of my friends got a box so we are just gonna rotate providing boxes for a bit. It's completely nonsensical to actually care what packs you open, but no one wants the feelbads of losing their foil Lili in the box they supplied. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ShaneB posted:

God, they could at least open a box with friends and just provide all the cards for a sealed event or draft. Even if they keep them, anything but just cracking them...

My girlfriend and I got super drunk and cracked an entire box of the original Modern Masters. It was fun.

I would not suggest anybody ever do this.

• Locked thread