Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Im in a real bad (good) position where when I play Zelda Im thinking about Fast RMX, and when I play fast RMX Im thinking about Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cicero posted:

After playing BotW I dunno if I can go back to old Zeldas.

I could probably go back to Wind Waker, still. But yeah, BotW really throws up a giant middle finger to the last like 16 years of Zelda design, where Hyrule is basically a theme park with Castle Land, Volcano Land, Water Land, and Spooky Land, or whatever.

Which is fascinating because it's arguably still built like Disney World. There are thematic areas. You can see the castle from almost every point on the map if you get to high ground. It's just arranged into a more real space, compared to even Twilight Princess, where the world still felt clearly like a series of big rooms.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

I could probably go back to Wind Waker, still. But yeah, BotW really throws up a giant middle finger to the last like 16 years of Zelda design, where Hyrule is basically a theme park with Castle Land, Volcano Land, Water Land, and Spooky Land, or whatever.

Which is fascinating because it's arguably still built like Disney World. There are thematic areas. You can see the castle from almost every point on the map if you get to high ground. It's just arranged into a more real space, compared to even Twilight Princess, where the world still felt clearly like a series of big rooms.

Naw Its a different style, I like the puzzle to get into the themed puzzle dungeon to get more stuff to solve puzzles. Its very different. BotW really is scratches the skyrim itch with a little Zelda thrown in for variety.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
For those on the fence, this is the only video you need to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i could go back to both nes zeldas, wind waker and majoras mask but that would be it. maybe OoT.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
God drat this wait is killing me. Yodel, arguably the worst courier, have given me a delivery estimate of "between 8am and 9pm". It's currently 3:30pm

:stare:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
one of the things pissing me off about all the stores around here is this jerking me around with "you'll have to come in and see if we have any" followed up with "but don't expect any for weeks at least"

like what you think i'm gonna walk in, see you have none, and buy something else? stop loving jerking me around and just say if you're out.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Utnayan posted:

How the hell did this get 2.6 million views in 24 hours

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Not a Children posted:

crowbcat is good

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Not a Children posted:

Well, I watched it twice because the first time I was laughing so hard I couldn't concentrate.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dr Cheeto posted:

I had no idea 1-2-Switch was that engrossing!
I just can't get enough of Milk.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Not a Children posted:

Xbox kids with no money.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Vikar Jerome posted:

i could go back to both nes zeldas, wind waker and majoras mask but that would be it. maybe OoT.

Oh yeah, I could go back to Zelda 1 or LttP, too, or the gameboy ones. I don't think I have another Ocarina playthrough left in me, though.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

:siren: JP store users :siren:

Just tested and prepaid codes from play-asia work fine for both redeeming and buying.

Play-asia are sending them digitally within 1-5 days (2 days in my case, Sunday evening to Tuesday morning)

Time to play some Disgaea 5 :moonrio:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Xbox kids with no money.
Or games.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

By playing the games?

These look classy as.
http://imgur.com/gallery/LDRVN

Is that a 3d printed controller case? Looks too good to be a sticker.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am continuing to play the new nintendo, the nintendo switch

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I had a pro controller preordered assuming that the Joycons would be... not great. Turns out I was 100% wrong about that and two handed split mode is the greatest thing ever, especially considering that they don't register as a controller to my daughter (who loves to try to pull Daddy's Dualshock 4 and Steam controller out of his hands while he's playing a game).

So on Saturday I tried to cancel my preordered Pro controller with Amazon, stating that "it wouldn't arrive quickly enough" which is true, because if it had gotten here launch day I would have opened it and used it and probably liked it instead of going to WalMart to purchase a second set of Joycons instead, which is what I did.

So Amazon was like "I gotcha buddy, we'll make USPS deliver it to you on Sunday instead of Monday like we said we would!"

...before I return it to Amazon, I figured I'd offer it to a goon that was unable to get a Pro controller. Heck, I'll even be super nice and just charge the $69.99 USD for the controller itself and eat the cost to send it priority mail to ya. PM me if you want it.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

deadly_pudding posted:

Oh yeah, I could go back to Zelda 1 or LttP, too, or the gameboy ones. I don't think I have another Ocarina playthrough left in me, though.

reach down deep, there is always one. Zelda, LttP, OoT, WW and ALBW all have replay value to me. I could maybe do Majora's Mask once more in the future. That said, it is too early for me to say BOTW has replay value to me, not because it isn't that good, I think it will just be THAT long where I may not have the time. Unless I try to speed run it and go straight to the end.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Amazon has a two pack of glass screen protectors on sale for $11.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_7CTVyb5ENNRAT

Gonna give one to a friend and split the cost.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

FireMrshlBill posted:

reach down deep, there is always one. Zelda, LttP, OoT, WW and ALBW all have replay value to me. I could maybe do Majora's Mask once more in the future. That said, it is too early for me to say BOTW has replay value to me, not because it isn't that good, I think it will just be THAT long where I may not have the time. Unless I try to speed run it and go straight to the end.

Yeah I think BOTW replays are going to be speed/gimmick runs as opposed to 100% it again. I think the only game in the entire series I haven't played more than once is Twilight Princess.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

lelandjs posted:

So I had a pro controller preordered assuming that the Joycons would be... not great. Turns out I was 100% wrong about that and two handed split mode is the greatest thing ever, especially considering that they don't register as a controller to my daughter (who loves to try to pull Daddy's Dualshock 4 and Steam controller out of his hands while he's playing a game).

So on Saturday I tried to cancel my preordered Pro controller with Amazon, stating that "it wouldn't arrive quickly enough" which is true, because if it had gotten here launch day I would have opened it and used it and probably liked it instead of going to WalMart to purchase a second set of Joycons instead, which is what I did.

So Amazon was like "I gotcha buddy, we'll make USPS deliver it to you on Sunday instead of Monday like we said we would!"

...before I return it to Amazon, I figured I'd offer it to a goon that was unable to get a Pro controller. Heck, I'll even be super nice and just charge the $69.99 USD for the controller itself and eat the cost to send it priority mail to ya. PM me if you want it.

You're gonna want that d-pad

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like the joycons but the pro controller is extremely good

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Bombadilillo posted:

Xbox kids with no money.

I can't believe that in the year 2017, tribal console warriors are still going strong on their insane hate of whichever brand they don't identify with. I've never had a console at launch before the Switch and it's really... strange to see reactions.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
For anyone with Left Joycon issues, here is a home remedy video to fix it fairly easily. Obviously you will most likely void your warranty, but this also explains why you won't be seeing a software patch for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnMnke6lF0c

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 7, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Amazon has a two pack of glass screen protectors on sale for $11.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_7CTVyb5ENNRAT

Gonna give one to a friend and split the cost.

Protip: Put it on and make sure you don't need the spare before you inform your friend about this plan. I was gonna give my spare to a buddy but I botched the first install and needed the second one... He'll never know.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dr Cheeto posted:

I like the joycons but the pro controller is extremely good

Rumble sucks :negative:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Drunk Tomato posted:

I can't believe that in the year 2017, tribal console warriors are still going strong on their insane hate of whichever brand they don't identify with. I've never had a console at launch before the Switch and it's really... strange to see reactions.

You should look at the Retro Console thread, as people there posted links to Genesis Console Warriors who stick to the plug and play Genesis box.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Drunk Tomato posted:

It isn't tribal console hate. It's pointing out all the flaws in the system. There is a difference. I think console wars are over. No one cares. They just want a decent valued purchase. And so far, with all the issues, this isn't it. And outside of this little bubble on the internet, it has 2+ million views because people aren't going to be purchasing it until they fix those issues.

I am sure some early adopters are happy though.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Drunk Tomato posted:

Xbox kid spotted

:sympathy:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Apparently dbrand put up a note on their Switch site saying they wouldn't be selling skins because they damage the console on removal in a way they can't get around. Apparently saying that anyone making skins for the console is going to have the same issue. So if those are the kind of thing you're into, heads up.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

My glass screen finally shipped, but its delivery estimate is next Tuesday. A full week? What is this, 2008?

Utnayan posted:

I have to admit, I put the joycon straps on incorrectly my first time. But I didn't have many lights on in the room and it was hard to see the + and -, and it was a pain to get off but I just grabbed the controller with my index and middle finger and hooked my thumb on the strap piece and squeezed.

Also, all of the dead consoles and technical issues does give me some anxiety, haha. Will have to baby mine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yall breath of the wild is good

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

Apparently dbrand put up a note on their Switch site saying they wouldn't be selling skins because they damage the console on removal in a way they can't get around. Apparently saying that anyone making skins for the console is going to have the same issue. So if those are the kind of thing you're into, heads up.

guess we have to laser etch the systems then. can't wait for those videos to start popping up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

eonwe posted:

yall breath of the wild is good
:yeah:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I think I'm going to get a Switch case after work.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Utnayan posted:

It isn't tribal console hate. It's pointing out all the flaws in the system. There is a difference. I think console wars are over. No one cares. They just want a decent valued purchase. And so far, with all the issues, this isn't it. And outside of this little bubble on the internet, it has 2+ million views because people aren't going to be purchasing it until they fix those issues.

I am sure some early adopters are happy though.

I'm satisfied with my purchase of Nintendo's latest dumb toy for babies, hope you have a source of light in your life as well

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

irlZaphod posted:

I think I'm going to get a Switch case after work.

Why wait when you can just get your fix right here

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

Can you really not believe that or is it just like every other group of human beings that are loyal to something (smartphones, sports teams, actual sports, politics, music genre, music artist, etc.)? :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Ya, the rumble on the pro controller is definitely too weak.

• Locked thread