Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lmao at this point how dumb do you have to be to think trump isn't a fuckbrained lunatic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean if you consider the money you put in an hsa to just be a premium in which you have a lot more paperwork it makes more sense

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

M_Gargantua posted:

this new wikileaks garbage is ruining my morning, too many redhats in my immediate vicinity getting excited and talking about how much the libs are going to be owned by these revelations

"CIA a highly effective and surprisingly well equipped organization, owned libtarss! "

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

fits my needs posted:

Yo, anytime you hear the words "choice" and "freedom" being advertised for some healthcare poo poo, know you're getting reamed in the rear end, lol

the words "choice" and "choose" have some some kind of magical power for right-glibertarians

they never say something like "this proposed regulation will punish people who have a giant energy-sucking house in the exurbs and drive SUVs everywhere", it's always "this proposed regulation will punish people who choose to have a giant energy-sucking house in the exurbs and drive SUVs everywhere"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

triple sulk posted:

I am a relatively healthy person and I still don't want an HSA because they're loving poo poo. There's no point in contributing to them at when I could just save that money in a normal account and not be restricted in how I can use it.

the only reason to use an HSA is as a stealth IRA when you've maxed out everything else

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

M_Gargantua posted:

this new wikileaks garbage is ruining my morning, too many redhats in my immediate vicinity getting excited and talking about how much the libs are going to be owned by these revelations

Tbh if I was a redhat id be fuckin desperate for a win right now too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

But like last year my 2 year old had labored breathing and a fever . He spent 3 days in the hospital. Total bill was like I think 35,000

Lol

I should have shopped around I guess

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/gabriellahope_/status/839136478122938372

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Feminasty Slut posted:

lmao at this point how dumb do you have to be to think trump isn't a fuckbrained lunatic?

Well you start in Canada, add a beak, webbed feet, bathtub hooch, and a blow-dryer on a broomstick.

:tinsley:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

But like last year my 2 year old had labored breathing and a fever . He spent 3 days in the hospital. Total bill was like I think 35,000

Lol

uber, but for freelance doctors

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Feminasty Slut posted:

you'd buy six iphones and die in a gutter. sad.

I buy two iPhones in the morning
I buy two iPhones at night
I buy two iPhones in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Y'all need to get on the Jeb! healthcare plan!

iHealth and the Apple Watch have you covered, Macbook Pro baby!

¡Jeb! posted:

On this device, in five years, will be applications that will allow me to manage my health care in ways that five years ago were not even possible…. We’ll be able to guide our own health care decisions in a way that will make us healthy. And ultimately, we have to get to a health system away from a disease system.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

A MIRACLE posted:

but tax deferments!!!1

yeah i love saving like 10 bucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh right there is one hospital with in 40 miles from my house

Lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

Lol

i always imagine telling the ambulance driver to slow down while you check yelp reviews for different hospitals, and also you're unconscious and receiving CPR while doing so

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ArmZ posted:

the only reason to use an HSA is as a stealth IRA when you've maxed out everything else

i dont contribute a dime to mine, i think my employer puts some money in but it's a loving waste otherwise and i have more important poo poo to put the money into first like a very good 401k plan

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/839125783092289536

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Lol

sounds like the problem is with u, friend

Apr 7, 2003

Feminasty Slut posted:

They know he's a fuckbrained lunatic. They don't care because he's their fuckbrained lunatic.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Important and interesting article

quote:

Dalia Mogahed, the director of research at Institute for Social Policy and Understanding, a nonprofit that studies Islamophobia, says dehumanizing rhetoric against Muslims is becoming more acceptable to Americans in the Trump era.

“What we have in this era that’s unique is the legitimizing of those perspectives with laws, with people in [positions] of authority,” she says. “It’s given license and legitimacy to these perspective. they’re not perspectives that people have to hide or sugar coat, or qualify in any way.” And as she points out “it isn’t just on the right.” Bill Maher, a liberal pundit, routinely calls Islam a violent religion.

“I’m hearing dehumanizing language that I’ve never heard before,” says Mogahed, who has conducted polling on the intersection of Islam and society for most of her career. And it was especially acute during the presidential election. Ben Carson compared Muslims to dogs. Trump told an apocryphal story of soldiers killing terrorists with bullets dipped in pig’s blood (as if Muslims were creatures that needed to be killed by supernatural means). Donald Trump Jr., compared of Syrian refugees to a bowl of Skittles.

There are signs that anti-Islamic sentiment is getting stronger. A January 2016 poll conducted by Mogahed’s group found more than half of Muslim Americans experienced discrimination in the previous year. Reports of hate crimes against Muslims in the US are at their highest levels since 2001. In the past seven weeks, there have been four mosque burnings across America.

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/3/7/14456154/dehumanization-psychology-explained

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

ArmZ posted:

ding ding ding

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

i always imagine telling the ambulance driver to slow down while you check yelp reviews for different hospitals, and also you're unconscious and receiving CPR while doing so

I valued my choice and freedom in the transaction with the monopoly hospital in which I had no opportunity to bargain or even see the prices for services before they were ordered

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the four categories of trump voters :mmmsmug::smuggo::smugmrgw::fsmug::smugbert::smugdog::smuggo:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

tacodaemon posted:

the words "choice" and "choose" have some some kind of magical power for right-glibertarians

they never say something like "this proposed regulation will punish people who have a giant energy-sucking house in the exurbs and drive SUVs everywhere", it's always "this proposed regulation will punish people who choose to have a giant energy-sucking house in the exurbs and drive SUVs everywhere"

i can choose which color my iphone is between 3 shades of black/grey.

capitalism works! i have so much choice and freedom!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Bill Maher, a liberal pundit

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Business Gorillas posted:

Tbh if I was a redhat id be fuckin desperate for a win right now too

someone is always fighting 4 u

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/838736350639706112

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

Lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/06/health/trump-travel-ban-doctors.html

lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Well you start in Canada, add a beak, webbed feet, bathtub hooch, and a blow-dryer on a broomstick.

:tinsley:

im drinking diluted cider, had pankakes leftover and roast beef for breakfast, just fuckin dragged 60lbs of firewood into cabin and now just sipping mango nectar and waiting for trump to do something dumb :3:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
To my knowledge I have never been compared to anything as awesome as a bowl of skittles.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Stepping back a bit and talking with a couple of business associates today, I actually find this bill pretty remarkable. It's a stunning repudiation of the GOP's entire ideology and a tacit acknowledgement of entitlement programs.

While the merits of the bill completely suck, the fundamentals of the insurance market changes (no artificially cutting the risk pool via pre-existing conditions and tax-driven subsidies for healthcare) remain in place. This seems, at least to me, to be an acknowledgement that the GOP's stated stance would be politically suicidal and they know it. Obamacare has basically changed the conversation forever, we're now just going to argue about the semantics.

Also bill is totally dead lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imagine bringing your own aspirin into the hospital and demanding they use it since you got it at Costco

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

Imagine bringing your own aspirin into the hospital and demanding they use it since you got it at Costco

lmao i want to try this now

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/839140748482129920

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol politician withbiber a decade of aarp eligibility and famous for drinking gravy makes braindead old people joke

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When I go to the hospital next time I'm going to demand that doctors bid for the right to treat me. I'll only take the lowest responsible bidder

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

That DICK! posted:

Samurai Cop has been delayed until later, as another movie is bein watched

That gif has me extremely hype for samurai cop, but that movie Stone Cold that played instead was freaking ridiculous holy poo poo lmao.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/839142250303078400

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Also bill is totally dead lmao

the bill passing would make things really hard for the GOP in 2018 and also kill lots of old fuckers, and since that would be good it won't happen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If I don't get better in time I will take money back from the doctors performance fund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol politician withbiber a decade of aarp eligibility and famous for drinking gravy makes braindead old people joke

Nibblin on sponge cake
Watchin the sun bake
My son brutalized and murdered a dog

• Locked thread