Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCF2a-Yfi4

This is pretty rad so I guess its not all trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Did this thread title change?

Cos now it reads like Berserk is off hiatus and nothing suggests that's the case as far as I can see.

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCF2a-Yfi4

This is pretty rad so I guess its not all trash

There are small pockets of things that aren't utter crap, yeah.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Did this thread title change?

Cos now it reads like Berserk is off hiatus and nothing suggests that's the case as far as I can see.

I was interpreting it as the hiatus is so intense it has its own internal hiatuses. And to assume the normal method of waiting for new Berserk - expect nothing for Miura cares not for the timelines of mortal men.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I guess. Kinda confusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImzOBnMhUho

Warning
Warning
BERSERK 2017 PREVIEW
Warning
Warning
It's trash

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Guys, shut the gently caress up about hiatuses or the thread title will never stop changing.

Warning
Warning
BERSERK 2017 PREVIEW
Warning
Warning
It's trash

pain

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As long as it doesn't potentially give false hope of good Berserk being back instead of the grim reality of bad Berserk anime being imminent, it's a fine title.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Already looks bad tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

Already looks bad tbh.

Remember: The point of a teaser or trailer is to show good parts to get people hyped or interested. This is the good stuff.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I am prepared for more Badzerk.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I can't wait for the show to eclipse the manga

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

U-DO Burger posted:

I can't wait for the show to Eclipse the manga

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope the best looking parts of Badzerk involve Griffith, because then we'll have to re-evaluate the accuracy of the adaptation.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Warning
Warning
BERSERK 2017 PREVIEW
Warning
Warning
It's trash

lmao trash all over again

gently caress you Japan

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Very kind of Miura to allow garage projects to take up the mantle.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I hear dollars are a very motivating force.

It's a bit funny to contrast the meticulously handcrafted manga pages with this university-project 3D animation garbage.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
My pet theory is that the director and Miura are friends, bonded over Moe poo poo, and he let the guy have this project despite him not having the credentials for it. I mean, the director does have decent 2D credentials, according to that video Eyepatch Wolf put out.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Didn't Miura and co. just put the adaptation rights up for a bid? Or am I totally misremembering that?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Berserk is back on the 24th http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/07-1/berserk-manga-return-scheduled

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bman in 2288 posted:

I mean, the director does have decent 2D credentials, according to that video Eyepatch Wolf put out.

has he considered using them

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

big cummers ONLY posted:

That is the only part of the anime I watched, since it was the most conveniently posted and shortest and promised a fight scene. I think you can see glimpses of talent in there somewhere. But most of it is terrible. It just made me really sad that it wasn't done more competently.

e: I have seen only adult swim anime, if I like fight scenes, recommend me some animes to try out. Any kind of fighting. swords, karate, vehicles, as long as it's technically proficient and fun

Sword of the Stranger.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:bisonyes:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Yinlock posted:

has he considered using them

No, is the problem.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Honestly, why did I think the next chapter was coming out January 24? :eng99:
Right day wrong month. Hope is a terrible thing.

Now the dilemma again, do I look at them before the Dark Horseys, before the bad translations, before any translation... or do I wait?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Guts will be back on the boat this time next year

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Hello thread is Casca still cursed with a babby brain? Is the eta until fix already in sight? Can I guess is it somewhere in tyol 2030?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mindblast posted:

Hello thread is Casca still cursed with a babby brain? Is the eta until fix already in sight? Can I guess is it somewhere in tyol 2030?

They've already started the physical process of fixing her. Might even happen in the next couple of years.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
How does one unscrew a pooch? :staredog:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mindblast posted:

We got off the boat last year, and could potentially fix Casca before this year is out.

Say what you want about lovely animes it's still really exciting to have actual developments in the manga.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Twist its head in the opposite direction from Griffith.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Right day wrong month. Hope is a terrible thing.

Now the dilemma again, do I look at them before the Dark Horseys, before the bad translations, before any translation... or do I wait?

Heh, I hear that. Oh man some of those earlier volumes circulating around are terribly done compared to the DH books, but if you're inclined to purchase something, I'd totally buy the first fifteen or so volumes on ebay just because they're loving awesome, tangible, and everybody would want to read it.

Evil Genius Scans has been on the ball ever since they've been scanslating it, but I don't think they started until volume 20-something.

By not taking figures of speech so literally.

A garden hose is also fine.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Metal Pink Babble posted:

Heh, I hear that. Oh man some of those earlier volumes circulating around are terribly done compared to the DH books, but if you're inclined to purchase something, I'd totally buy the first fifteen or so volumes on ebay just because they're loving awesome, tangible, and everybody would want to read it.

Evil Genius Scans has been on the ball ever since they've been scanslating it, but I don't think they started until volume 20-something.

By not taking figures of speech so literally.

A garden hose is also fine.

lol

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

metal pink babble died and was replaced by a replicant or something

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Metal Pink Babble posted:

Yeah I own the first 33 or whatever had been published. I meant the upcoming new chapter (and I guess I may have meant EG). I've noticed that the Korean translations are kinda confusing, but it's either that or wait to both see it and read it.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah I own the first 33 or whatever had been published. I meant the upcoming new chapter (and I guess I may have meant EG). I've noticed that the Korean translations are kinda confusing, but it's either that or wait to both see it and read it.

Sweet dude, can I borrow 18-26?

Just gonna leave this here, it will suffice well if you can wait 2 days after the release so they can polish the redraws.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

metal pink babble died and was replaced by a replicant or something

lol, please don't remind me.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Warning
Warning
BERSERK 2017 PREVIEW
Warning
Warning
It's trash

I'm sorry I'm talking about that loving game again, but they probably did better modelling of Guts meeting Griffith on the Graveyard of Swords better than this show will.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk The berserk anime doesn't look so bad..is it really something to avoid?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

LolitaSama posted:

The berserk anime doesn't look so bad..is it really something to avoid?

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

mother loving rofl at :19 when the camera zoomes in then out again, who directed this a 14 year old?

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Nothing has weight, everything looks the like marionette that it is, and the camera is yes exactly what I'd expect out of a literal teenager.
I don't understand. I will not watch this anime. If I want more Berserk I'll just re-read the manga.

That crazy camera movement at 18/19 seconds is identical to the stuff I saw in my "Intro to 3D Animation" class, when first year students were just learning how to navigate cameras through three-dimensional spaces. The fact that it made into the final cut of the anime really says something.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

At this point I'd bet a hundred bucks that the 14 year old Playstation 2 game does a better job with the Hill of Swords than next month's anime does.

LolitaSama posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk The berserk anime doesn't look so bad..is it really something to avoid?

To put this in perspective for you, this clip is the best scene in the 2016 anime. Seriously. What you just saw was the only scene that was semi-passable.

Vedius Pollio fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Vedius Pollio posted:

At this point I'd bet a hundred bucks that the 14 year old Playstation 2 game does a better job with the Hill of Swords than next month's anime does.

To put this in perspective for you, this clip is the best scene in the 2016 anime. Seriously. What you just saw was the only scene that was semi-passable.

:sigh: Well I sure hope season 2 will learn from season 1 being panned and bring out a better product.It sucks for the fans that when you have too much money and success, you're no longer beholden to the shareholders (e.g shounen jump) to keep pumping out product. Togashi and Muira are both guilty of being able to gently caress off and not work and so things like year off hiatus's happen and the anime is taken over by a not so good anime production house.

LolitaSama fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 12, 2017