Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

new phone who dis posted:

The DUI code in CA is 23512.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=23152

Basically, what they do is charge you under (a) even though you're not in violation of (b). Also sometimes they will charge you with both to see what sticks.

What? Nothing in that says they can give you a DUI if you're under limit (unless you're driving a commercial vehicle)

The part about "driving if you're addicted to any drug" is very very weird though. Happen to be addicted to pharmaceuticals from the treatment of a mental illness? Get hosed!

Not that I imagine they've ever charged someone with that though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the very first comment points out that uuuuh no, that's not normally how you treat that

severe phimosis is treated with circumcision, though :confused:

look it up my man

It's not the first thing they should be trying but it sounds like he's pretty far past the point of simple stretching exercises and hydrocortisone

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Leon Einstein posted:

I meant a source showing someone convicted of a DUI while being under the limit. Seems any lawyer could get you out of that.

The problem is having to balance the cost between a lawyer and a DUI. A full-fledged DUI costs more than a lawyer, but often times they will bust it down to a "wet and reckless" which can cost less. Generally, a DUI lawyer costs in the 5-10k range here in CA unless you have some kind of hook-up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The problem is having to balance the cost between a lawyer and a DUI. A full-fledged DUI costs more than a lawyer, but often times they will bust it down to a "wet and reckless" which can cost less. Generally, a DUI lawyer costs in the 5-10k range here in CA unless you have some kind of hook-up.

Have you thought about simply not driving after drinking?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Psycho Society posted:

What? Nothing in that says they can give you a DUI if you're under limit (unless you're driving a commercial vehicle)

The part about "driving if you're addicted to any drug" is very very weird though. Happen to be addicted to pharmaceuticals from the treatment of a mental illness? Get hosed!

A and B are not exclusionary. They can just charge you with A and say you were doing something that caused an unsafe condition even if you are under .08.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

A and B are not exclusionary. They can just charge you with A and say you were doing something that caused an unsafe condition even if you are under .08.

Dude an uber costs 20 dollars

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Improbable Lobster posted:

Have you thought about simply not driving after drinking?

I don't drink and drive, ever. I work on a military base and this entire DUI thing is part of our yearly training where cops come into a theater full of people and explain that they give out DUIs even if you are under the limit if they don't like the way you are driving.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

I think you'd have a very hard time proving 'addiction', especially at a traffic stop. "under the influence of any drug" is a fun one, though, that law is a great CA-style mishmash of outlawing everything and double-outlawing specific really impractical subsets of everything

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

I don't drink and drive, ever.

I find that very hard to believe WRT your recent posts

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I guess you're right there, I kinda assumed A meant over 0.08.

I live in california but I don't drink and drive so I never really paid attention to the legislation.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He never denied being an alcoholic.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

You got a source on this? Obviously giving DUIs to people who aren't actually drunk is an overreach.

Technically there's nothing stopping any cop from charging any driver with a DUI at any time, it's just not going to stick unless they have some evidence. BAC limits aren't a minimum for DUI, they're just the legally accepted standard as proof; if you're under the limit you can still be arrested and charged, but the arresting officer is going to need some kind of argument that you were impaired other than his say-so. Typically this is going to them catching you making multiple moving violations or doing something grossly stupid and dangerous, coupled with BAC between 0 and the limit.

California's "wet reckless" law is a plea bargain that lets someone get out of the worst consequences of a DUI if the prosecutor feels their case is iffy. It's intended to be used in cases where e.g. someone blows 0.07%, and there's a case to be made that it took too long to administer the breathalyzer and they were probably driving at 0.08%, but there's no proof of that--a jury may or may not buy it, so both sides are usually happy to take a guaranteed lesser sentence in order to avoid the uncertainty and risk of a trial.

However, as in all plea bargains this system has potential for abuse--unscrupulous law enforcement officers can charge someone on flimsy pretenses that would never actually hold up and then strongarm the accused into taking a plea deal, turning what would normally be a non-arrest into an easy conviction.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

I won't even drive after 1 or 2 beers for the very reasons I'm outlining in this thread. Anywhere I would go drink is walking distance from me. That's actually why my drunk buddy I wish I called the cops on was headed over here. 38 this year and no DUIs.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
On the one hand, drunk drivers are scum. On the other, all cops are bastards.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

VanSandman posted:

I agree with this

except the cops that let me shoot their guns a while ago those ones were cool

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VanSandman posted:

Drunk drivers kill more people than cops by an order of magnitude.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

VanSandman posted:

:agreed:

I won't even drive after 1 or 2 beers for the very reasons I'm outlining in this thread.

Small amounts of alcohol cause more impairment than most people would think and discouraging people from driving after 1-2 beers is a worthwhile public policy goal, although exploiting loopholes in the justice system to arbitrarily ruin peoples' lives at random is obviously an incredibly lovely way of doing it and probably outweighs the actual benefits.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The whole point of writing lots of tickets, even if they can be easily contested, is to generate revenue. Some will pay without question, most will pay for a reduced charge, and some will contest and not pay.

In a small town I used to live in, most traffic charges could be plead down to "defective equipment," which carried no permanent record in regard to your driver's license, etc. Basically, pay this speeding/reckless driving/stop sign running/wrong way on a one-way ticket of $200+, orrrrrrrrr... plead down to defective equipment and give us $75. Way easier to just plea down to the meaningless lesser charge and pay the legalized bribe fine than to worry about fighting the ticket.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Drunk drivers kill more people than cops by an order of magnitude.

Counterpoint: drunk drivers kill a lot of cops. WHOOP WHOOP! THATS THE SOUND OF THE POLICE! WHOOP WHOOP! THATS THE SOUND OF THE BEAST!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Why does this thread attract so many weirdos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pvt.Scott posted:

The whole point of writing lots of tickets, even if they can be easily contested, is to generate revenue. Some will pay without question, most will pay for a reduced charge, and some will contest and not pay.

In a small town I used to live in, most traffic charges could be plead down to "defective equipment," which carried no permanent record in regard to your driver's license, etc. Basically, pay this speeding/reckless driving/stop sign running/wrong way on a one-way ticket of $200+, orrrrrrrrr... plead down to defective equipment and give us $75. Way easier to just plea down to the meaningless lesser charge and pay the legalized bribe fine than to worry about fighting the ticket.

That's a bit ancillary to calling DUI checkpoints a "commie plot"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
imv driving durnk right now loll

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I live in a rural town and you have to be driving backwards dragging a school playground jungle gym under your car for the cops to pull you over. It's pretty nice.

Anyway the actual post didn't seem as interesting but I love the title

We [24M] & [20F] played the casual sex game, now she says she's done with that, and wanted more but it's too late. Is it too late?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Straight White Shark posted:

:agreed:

Small amounts of alcohol cause more impairment than most people would think and discouraging people from driving after 1-2 beers is a worthwhile public policy goal, although exploiting loopholes in the justice system to arbitrarily ruin peoples' lives at random is obviously an incredibly lovely way of doing it and probably outweighs the actual benefits.

yeah in my experience the cops are much more invested in using these laws to enforce DWB than edge cases of DWI

WampaLord posted:

Tell no one. Keep that for your deathbed.

"I never went to college."

"What?"

*dies*

poo poo at this point she might as well, she managed to fake her graduation without that somehow blowing up on her, at this point it's all coasting.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 7, 2017

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Goddamnit there's an update to the threesome horror story but the content got deleted. Title is still great

[update] my (25m) wife (30f) made arrangment to have threesomes but her idea of guy-guy-girl made me very uncomfortable. Our issues were much deeper than that--her ex husband beat the crap out of me and she's disappeared.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

Goddamnit there's an update to the threesome horror story but the content got deleted. Title is still great

[update] my (25m) wife (30f) made arrangment to have threesomes but her idea of guy-guy-girl made me very uncomfortable. Our issues were much deeper than that--her ex husband beat the crap out of me and she's disappeared.

:eyepop: what the hell? I don't suppose anybody in the thread saved the post, did they?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

That's a bit ancillary to calling DUI checkpoints a "commie plot"

DUI checkpoints are incredibly sketchy and are in general a terrible idea to roll through. "Yes officer, I would love to give you probable cause to search my vehicle!"

Fluoride in our water? DUI checkpoints? Social Security? All successful missions carried out by agents of the Kremlin.

E: a chicken in every pot = KGB plot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I live in a rural town and you have to be driving backwards dragging a school playground jungle gym under your car for the cops to pull you over. It's pretty nice.

Anyway the actual post didn't seem as interesting but I love the title

We [24M] & [20F] played the casual sex game, now she says she's done with that, and wanted more but it's too late. Is it too late?

People say that men miss or misread signals all the time and I think that that's a huge understatement.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

I dont even know if I want the post now because the title is too good.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

cumshitter posted:

imv driving durnk right now loll

Don't fiddle with your phone while driving

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
From what I can gather from the comments the other guy she had picked out for the devil's threeway and wanted (demanded, even!) her own, not bisexual husband to suck'n'gently caress was none other than her goddamned ex husband.

And then something something burglary and op got punched in the face and the two rear end in a top hat lovebirds escaped to Mexico.

I kind of feel OP got off lightly, man. It could have turned a lot worse for him.

This next one made me do a double take, the title is almost exactly the same as the short one previously. We might need to update our ~*~Tale As Old As Time~*~ databases.

Me [37M] with my wife [36F] 15married, wife wants a threesome without me Relationships

quote:

323 points 119 comments submitted 1 year ago by warfing to r/relationships
OK, throwaway username.

Wife and I have been married for 15 years, we have a fantastic relationship with two kids and all things are happy. For bit of background I am bisexual, however monogamous and my wife is bi curious (kissed another girl as a teenager).

Since having kids (youngest is 6 now) our sex has taken bit of a back seat and has been somewhat lacking. However now the kids are getting a little older, things have improved and my wife's libido has come back with bit of a vengeance. Much to my enjoyment.

Sandra my wife has had a close female friend (Terry) from work for many years and they have been confidants to each other. Sandra admitted they had discussed all aspects of each others sex lives including some of our early on escapades. I was a bit surprised and maybe a little annoyed at the time but I suppose I cant dictate what she tells Terry. To summarise they are very close.

Now the issue, Sandra has asked me to give her permission to have a threesome with her friend Terry and her boyfriend. Sandra has indicated she would really like to experience both a threesome and being with another girl.

I've quizzed Sandra quite a bit on this (up to the point of annoyance) on the nature of this, how it came about, her thoughts, her intentions, their intentions, etc.

To summarise; nothing has happened before, Terry and her boyfriend have done threesomes before with other people, this is a one off thing, Sandra will likely spend the night (due to issue of getting home after a drink), I am not invited (Terry and her boyfriend have no interest in me being there), they are all for it but are waiting on my permission I suppose.

I'm having a bit of difficulty in clarifying my feelings.

I've no interest in having my own threesome all be it with another guy or girl as Sandra has suggested.

I can't decide if I have an issue with Sandra possibly exploring her bi side but I am a definitely a little uncomfortable with it being a threesome with Terry and her boyfriend. For some reason, Terry's boyfriend must be there (their rules for playing I think).

I definitely feel a little put out (probably hurt ego) that I am not welcome (a little harsh, but that is how it feels). I'm still in good shape, I've no idea what the boyfriend looks like.

I'm worried I might be a bit selfish in saying no but at the same I want to protect our marriage. I'm worried this might be a good opportunity for Sandra and I could be denying her.

Another aspect is that I have denied my bisexual feelings for the entire time we have been together, I've turned down advances from men knowing I made a choice. There is a temptation to let her go ahead with it and I could find a guy to have some fun with but this feels a slippery slope.

Interested to hear other thoughts, maybe I'm not the first guy in this predicament.

tl;dr: Should I let my wife have a threesome without me.

I shouldn't profile, but Terry is exactly the name of someone who would try to pull poo poo like this. Both genders of Terry, too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Now you cant stop her from having the threesome without you. But you can stop her from being your wife when it happens.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

From what I can gather from the comments the other guy she had picked out for the devil's threeway and wanted (demanded, even!) her own, not bisexual husband to suck'n'gently caress was none other than her goddamned ex husband.

good indie movie premise imho

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Now you cant stop her from having the threesome without you. But you can stop her from being your wife when it happens.

Good advice.

The only reasonable response to your girlfriend or wife suggesting you consent to her loving another dude is

"bye."

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Do whatever you want, honey. Do you mind if I get a written confession of your adultery for the divorce proceedings though?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
If she wants a threesome so badly, why not convince her friend to have one with her and her husband?

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 7, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bubblyblubber posted:

lol at this chain of comments:

quote:

[-]threesomequestion1
she was trying to start a business where she was buying really expensive purses at local stores and trying to sell them for more on ebay

THE_SEX_YELLER 591 points a year ago (5 children)
This is the worst business idea I have ever heard of in my life.

[-]threesomequestion1 255 points a year ago (3 children)
And I have about 22,000 in credit card debt to show for it. I have no idea what she was thinking.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
what the

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Moridin920 posted:

lol at this chain of comments:

loving nice

This mastermind lady played this sucker so hard and got a shitload of designer bags out of it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Creepo threesome stories, get them while they're hot!

I overheard my roommate [F24] and her boyfriend having an imaginary threesome with me [F/23]

quote:

79 points 56 comments submitted 4 years ago by littletheway to r/relationships

I [F/23] have been living with my roommate [F/24] for about three months now. We weren't super close friends previously but we were in the same social circle and got along well.

Roommate has a boyfriend [M30something]. They've been together about a year. I don't see him too often due to opposite work schedules but he's always seemed like a nice enough guy.

Well, yesterday the most awkward thing ever happened. I stayed home from work on a day I would usually go in (I'd worked overtime and my boss offered me a day off to compensate). I slept in and when I woke up to the sound of my roommate and her boyfriend having sex. In the living room. Yuck.

So I decide my best course of action is to stay in my room and not come out until after they've finished. If my roommate asks if I heard anything, I'll claim I was asleep and didn't hear a thing. This seemed the best way to make things not awkward.

I start to set up my wireless TV headphones so I can block out the sound when I can hear my roommate and her boyfriend talking. They're talking about having an imaginary threesome with me. Graphic stuff like - I'd love to make [me] suck my dick after I pull it out of you. And more. She was actively involved in saying the stuff, too. I stood there by the door, listening, and horrified.

After they finished, they left and went somewhere and didn't return until after the time I'd normally be home from work. So they still have no idea I was home at the time. I just avoided them last night but I can't do that forever.

Do I talk to her about it? Even if she apologizes, I'll still feel uncomfortable, and thing she'll feel awkward too. I don't know what to do. I don't want to tell any of our friends about it so I'm leaving it in your hands, internet strangers

TL;DR: I overheard my roommate and her boyfriend having an imaginary threesome with me. Wat do?

I wonder if, much like open relationships, threesomes are always more trouble and drama than they're worth.