Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

He's very very large.

Also not particularly good at moving. But goddamn is that guy big.

Also sorry SA2K if you still like him, I remember you loved him as a rookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's a few intriguing offensive linemen in free agency.

.. and so many needy teams that these guys will get big money to try and keep Sam Bradford upright.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

wandler20 posted:

There's a good list in the OP. Except Jason LaCanfora. gently caress that guy. He's beyond insufferable and almost always wrong.

I get irrationally annoyed every time LaCanfora tweets are treated as legitimate information on local sports radio. How frequently incorrect do these bozos have to be before losing the coveted "insider" moniker.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What a tire fire that 2013 first round was.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

fsif posted:

You'd think Whaley would have learned from last year's Chris Hogan debacle, but welp, see you Mike.

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/839122799629238272

lol go home Buffalo you're drunk.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fishing with the fam posted:

I get irrationally annoyed every time LaCanfora tweets are treated as legitimate information on local sports radio. How frequently incorrect do these bozos have to be before losing the coveted "insider" moniker.

Hey at least they're not quoting Incarcerated Bob. Is he still arou....

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/838929793827631104

Oh yeah, go get em Bob. You've got the scoops.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
when did versatility become synonymous with bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I prefer the Jets start Petty/Hack than give Tyrod Taylor big money.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

What a tire fire that 2013 first round was.

One of Schefter or Breer pointed out that 4 years in picks #6, 7, 9 and 11 are all cut already.

#3 is Dion Jordan, and the Jaguars are likely to let #2 Luke Joeckel leave and #12 DJ Hayden is also a mess and #16 was EJ Manuel.

So really the only teams happy in the top half of that first round are like the Lions with #5 Ezekial Ansah and the Jets with #13 Sheldon Richardson? and then a couple of the linemen and the Panthers are I guess okay with things considering the circumstances?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I mean, the Chiefs are pretty happy with Fisher, but he was in the impossible position of being an OT from a small school being the number 1 pick.

He's got quite the contract now. Glad we at least with him over Joeckel.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm hoping Sean McVay uses Tavon Austin like a first round top ten receiver and not a stupid gadget player

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If you ignore that he's constantly injured and that he's a #MAGA rear end in a top hat, Tyler Eifert was a good choice.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yoink.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You want him or am I reading this wrong?

I'm not particularly interested in him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I thought Fluker was supposed to be sort of good, or am I mixing him up with Lane Johnson or something?

What an insane loving whiff from the NFL scouting/draftnik community calling that a strong OL draft class.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Top half of the 2013 first round: Lane Johnson, Ezekiel Ansah, Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei

Bottom half of the 2013 first round: Eric Reid (:rip:), Justin Pugh, Kyle Long, Tyler Eifert, Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, DeAndre Hopkins, Alec Ogletree, Travis Frederick

Second half was good. First half was uh, well

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

I thought Fluker was supposed to be sort of good, or am I mixing him up with Lane Johnson or something?

What an insane loving whiff from the NFL scouting/draftnik community calling that a strong OL draft class.

... I mean, compared to everything else in that draft class, it is true.

But that's just because the good player pool is half the size of a normal year and the great player pool was extremely shallow.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

You want him or am I reading this wrong?

I'm not particularly interested in him.

I was joking about it because it's fun to take players from divisional rivals, but in all honesty not really. I would at the right price because he might be able to compete for the RT spot, and if not, he'd still be solid depth. But he might actually get a pay day based on his athleticism. I wouldn't want to get in a bidding war over him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The funny part about the early 2013 draft is that Star Lotulelei was projected to go as early as 3rd overall pretty late into the draft process, and yet he tumbled down the draft board. Turns out that pretty much everyone who passed on him got some bum instead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There were a ton of trades that year that went for way cheaper then usual right? Like the Dion Jordan trade?

I seem to remember that being a year where there was strong messaging that it was a weak draft.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Stevie Johnson cut too.

Stevie come back to Buffalo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/BMoreBeatdown/status/839068127686246400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's not a drafted WR, but would be an investment in a relatively young guy instead of Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin for once.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Forever_Peace posted:

lol go home Buffalo you're drunk.

I thought you loved Gillislee

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I thought you loved Gillislee

For a million more, they could have placed a second-round tender on him. Gillislee is probably good enough to be a starting back so someone is going to pay the money and Buffalo will lose him and only receive a fifth-round pick as a consolation prize.

It's almost identical to the Chris Hogan thing from last offseason.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, tender costs are:

1st = $4m
2nd = $2.75m
Original round = $1.75m

If you think he might be snatched the difference between a 2nd and a 5th is worth more then $1m unless you're slammed up against the cap.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, tender costs are:

1st = $4m
2nd = $2.75m
Original round = $1.75m

If you think he might be snatched the difference between a 2nd and a 5th is worth more then $1m unless you're slammed up against the cap.

He's worth $2.75M.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

you guys ready for some legal tampering?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/gehlkennfl/status/839154541819895808

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Grittybeard posted:

That's not a drafted WR, but would be an investment in a relatively young guy instead of Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin for once.

This would be the perfect Browns ending to the Pryor saga.

I miss the old days when FA started at 4 and Twitter was abuzz with signings at 4:01 :(

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Doesn't actual free agency start in like 2 days though

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

zimbomonkey posted:

Doesn't actual free agency start in like 2 days though

True. Gonna go check some Incarcerated Bob tweets to get my fix!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

fsif posted:

For a million more, they could have placed a second-round tender on him. Gillislee is probably good enough to be a starting back so someone is going to pay the money and Buffalo will lose him and only receive a fifth-round pick as a consolation prize.

It's almost identical to the Chris Hogan thing from last offseason.

Yeah this.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

True. Gonna go check some Incarcerated Bob tweets to get my fix!

This account's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @incarceratedbob's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

wtf

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lane Johnson is p good when not suspended for PEDs

Idiot

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

This account's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @incarceratedbob's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

wtf

It was like 3 hours ago when I looked him up as a joke and everything was open.

I guess that Bills and or Celtics news is really hot.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am a follower, I can hook you guys up! He did ban me several years ago when he misunderstood what I was saying regarding Chip Kelly coming to Cleveland being a done deal being reported on CLE radio live. I emailed him later on and he let me back. Seems like a fake tough guy though that wants people to think he deals coke or some poo poo.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i am proud to say ive been blocked by incarcerated bob for five years strong

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Thoughts:

-gently caress off Brandon Flowers

-I feel bad for Stevie. He straight up lost his job to injury and both Inman and Williams passed him on the depth chart, and are both younger and cheaper. Hope Stevie latches on somewhere good.

-I absolutely love Fluker the person, but this was the right move. He simply hasn't lived up to his draft slot and frankly, he's not fast enough to play in today's NFL. He's half a step slow. Having him play four different positions over his four years here hasn't helped either.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
No hot tweets, but here are his 'rumors':

http://ibnsportswrap.com/nflRumors.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Or Derrick Mason. Ravens got a thing for old as poo poo WRs.

• Locked thread