Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Mordja posted:

Cygor.

And while I don't think Bone Giants have bows, Ushabti do. They're about Minotaur size I think.

Oh right, totally forgot re: Cygors.

Aww really? In the video at the top (e: of the previous page), there's a Bone Giant Archer sniping the Demigryph Knights. Guess it's fan wishful thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Mordja posted:

lasers/snakes

Laser snakes?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Salamanders? I remember their attack being a breath weapon, but then I played lizardmen back when they didn't really have an actual army book.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
also a blood bowl friend of mine mentioned slan, like that is a possibility for DLC army if they go off the rails

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

also a blood bowl friend of mine mentioned slan, like that is a possibility for DLC army if they go off the rails
Slann haven't been an army for a long, long time. However, they are the leaders of the lizardmen so they're pretty much guaranteed to be in at some point, but they will not be their own thing.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Slann are just the lizardmen's mage kings, they aren't a faction in themselves.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

theDOWmustflow posted:

Aww really? In the video at the top (e: of the previous page), there's a Bone Giant Archer sniping the Demigryph Knights. Guess it's fan wishful thinking.

It's a mod, but yeah a bone giant archer is a pretty awesome concept and looks good ingame.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

theDOWmustflow posted:

I'm 90% sure Bone Giants were given the option of bows in a White Dwarf magazine at some point

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The closest thing Lizardmen have to a siege weapon is the Solar Engine, which is some weird magic bullshit that the skinks have repurposed as an impromptu death ray and strapped to a heavily armored ankylosaurus. Basically, think luminark of hysh that can defend itself effectively in melee on grounds it is strapped to an ankylosaurus.

Not gonna be surprised if it doesn't make it in, it's kind of in an awkward design space.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Randarkman posted:

Slann are just the lizardmen's mage kings, they aren't a faction in themselves.

the original lizardmen army back in the 80s was just called "the slann", which is I assume where this reference is coming from

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The oldest and most basic model of lizardmens monster is a triceratops with a howdah fullf skinks manning a giant now.

In most recent army books it can be upgraded to two giant poisoned blowpipes, which is weird and hilarious.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Or blood bowl, as mentioned

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gejnor posted:

Another change about to hit Green Iz Best:

Sounds awesome!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Terrorgheists are supposed to have a ranged scream attack that makes men drop dead on the spot out of fear, but in game they just have a ton of AP damage w/terror. Not that that's a bad thing, Terrorgheists are basically everything you could want out of a unit.

e: Just to be sure, you can't confederate when you have a military alliance unless the dudes you have an alliance with are at war, right?

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 7, 2017

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Gejnor posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691669566

This one, which is the OG Gangsta of the "No Confederation" mods, is updated and working fine. Remember if you play Empire and you don't pick Karl you're kinda hosed though if you want him later on (though you can turn the mod off, confederate and get your Karl-chan, then turn it back on again right away ;) ).

Thanks. I searched the workshop for 'confederation' but I'm wondering if I had it set to newly released mods only or something.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My favorite part of wood elves is beating their home base and then realizing the only areas they have left are in the chaos wastes.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
On one hand, Isabella and her army of vampires is hilarious. On the other hand, every other faction is going to feel horrifically weak by comparison now.

Easily the bloodiest fight I've had so far, and the game must have agreed because my co-op partner (and host) crashed immediately afterwards. Lucky me, I get to do it again :D

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Ravenfood posted:

The high-end Bret knights also already exist in a faction that has access to vigor loss reduction. Not losing any vigor ever is a buff to that, definitely, but either you're missing out on a great red skill early or you're wasting those points later. There's a cost there, but if you did spend those points, it isn't that huge of a jump like Grimgor's skill would be.

Is that a good red skill? It only reduces vigor loss by 15% with three points invested.

I'd call it situational with dwarfs (due to it working well with their fancy merc longbeards giving out vigor regen) but otherwise kinda garbage.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Sykic posted:

On one hand, Isabella and her army of vampires is hilarious. On the other hand, every other faction is going to feel horrifically weak by comparison now.

Easily the bloodiest fight I've had so far, and the game must have agreed because my co-op partner (and host) crashed immediately afterwards. Lucky me, I get to do it again :D

Match was so savage it nuked my client.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

theDOWmustflow posted:

Nah, Bone Giants got a bow option in 8th edition when GW changed their name from Bone Giant to NECROLITH COLOSSUS. Between them, bow Ushabti and the screaming skull catapult Tomb Kings should have some nasty heavy range damage when they get added in like a year or two.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
We need a mod that changes the name of Dwarven currency to "Ur-Gold".

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

KPC_Mammon posted:

Is that a good red skill? It only reduces vigor loss by 15% with three points invested.

I'd call it situational with dwarfs (due to it working well with their fancy merc longbeards giving out vigor regen) but otherwise kinda garbage.

I see it like ammo upgrades/bonuses; the times it is relevant are the times you really need it. In drawn out battles that drag on for some time, fighting enemies that get completely exhausted before you do is a big force multiplier.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Korgan posted:

Nah, Bone Giants got a bow option in 8th edition when GW changed their name from Bone Giant to NECROLITH COLOSSUS. Between them, bow Ushabti and the screaming skull catapult Tomb Kings should have some nasty heavy range damage when they get added in like a year or two.

Oh poo poo dog, you're right! Man, Tomb Kings would be the best race if Skaven and Lizardmen and probably Ogres weren't also the best race.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 7, 2017

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is there any named Wissenland dude? Everyone is talking about Boris as an alternative start but an empire faction that doubles down on artillery might also be fun.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I really want Tomb Kings, but I'm not sure who they'd end up fighting against or what their objectives would be. I guess if you take the Bretonnian model, where the objective isn't really to pain the entire map so much as go off on adventures, and apply it to something like recovering Nehekaran relics... that could work.

Tomb Kings are goofy as gently caress and I love them. I want giant Anubis statue things and quasi-Egyptian skeletons and poo poo. Make it happen, CA.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

genericnick posted:

Is there any named Wissenland dude? Everyone is talking about Boris as an alternative start but an empire faction that doubles down on artillery might also be fun.

Wissenland is ruled by a lazy Countess who prefers to hold massive opulent balls rather than actually do any ruling so no

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gonkish posted:

I really want Tomb Kings, but I'm not sure who they'd end up fighting against or what their objectives would be. I guess if you take the Bretonnian model, where the objective isn't really to pain the entire map so much as go off on adventures, and apply it to something like recovering Nehekaran relics... that could work.

Tomb Kings are goofy as gently caress and I love them. I want giant Anubis statue things and quasi-Egyptian skeletons and poo poo. Make it happen, CA.

For variety's sake, you could randomly generate which factions have stolen the relics at the start of the campaign. If they get wiped out, it gets transferred to the conqueror. Add some Bretonnian crusaders and some followers of Nagash so they've got some guaranteed fights in the early game and you're good to go!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Whorelord posted:

Wissenland is ruled by a lazy Countess who prefers to hold massive opulent balls rather than actually do any ruling so no

Well, she's also the patron of the School of Engineers and buys a lot of cannons.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

wiegieman posted:

Well, she's also the patron of the School of Engineers and buys a lot of cannons.

if you were the ruler of nuln and didnt buy a lot of cannons then just lol

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Korgan posted:

Oh poo poo, do they get to shoot greatarrows like in Dark Souls? Because that would be totally loving rad.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I would wonder if skaven are going to be around the tomb kings or not

also just learned about 9th age

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Seriously though, I just want to re-emphasize that one of the Lizardmen's units is an ankylosaurus with a giant snake dispenser on its back.

OK, I'm done.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mordja posted:

Seriously though, I just want to re-emphasize that one of the Lizardmen's units is an ankylosaurus with a giant snake dispenser on its back.

OK, I'm done.

Obviously the dispenser is giant, but does it dispense giant snakes or like shotgun blasts of multiple smaller snakes

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I finally feel like I mastered Irondrakes. They're tricky to position because it's really easy for them to get swept up in an enemy charge even in a checkerboard formation. I'll put them in the flanks then turn them toward bobbed up enemies engaged in melee.

I had a rank 9 unit with all the upgrades shoot at a clustered group of 5 Goblin and orc archer units once, and it caused all five units to instantly rout which set off a chain reaction in the rest of the army. That same unit of irondrakes got 419 kills that battle :supaburn:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

We need a mod that changes the name of Dwarven currency to "GW gift cards".

FTFY

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Panfilo posted:

I finally feel like I mastered Irondrakes. They're tricky to position because it's really easy for them to get swept up in an enemy charge even in a checkerboard formation. I'll put them in the flanks then turn them toward bobbed up enemies engaged in melee.

I had a rank 9 unit with all the upgrades shoot at a clustered group of 5 Goblin and orc archer units once, and it caused all five units to instantly rout which set off a chain reaction in the rest of the army. That same unit of irondrakes got 419 kills that battle :supaburn:

Irondrakes are one of the things CA has really mastered as well. When the game launched they were pretty awful, but bit by bit in the following patches they've become more useful until now that they are a proper high end unit with awesome effects!

Ive noticed similar good changes across the board towards stuff like: goblin rock lobbers, flame cannons and gyros.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Someone was asking about wind of death a few pages ago, just wanted to show what it could do on overcast:

The AI probably wouldn't be sitting like that and would run as soon as it was casted to dodge it but doing it this way against the AI might work:

If you form one line with a curve at the end and stick a necromancer behind the curve and let the enemy AI charge you you'll have a clean line so that none of your own get hit. You'd just have to be careful that they don't run back and pull your troops forward right into it. I'm not sure if they would react that way since it seems like they only try to dodge spells when they're not engaged.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 7, 2017

Shadiiw
Apr 22, 2010
Whats a good start as the wood elfs? Never tried them before and wondering abit where to go first and what are the good units (and the better Ll to use). Any general tips for them?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpumF9UTxA0

Possibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Totally unrelated, but this is loving amazing.

• Locked thread