Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

I don't even know why I'm so excited about the new season - it's not like I've seen every episode from the original run.

To me, MST3K is like the original Twilight Zone. There's a ton of episodes - a few that I have practically memorized, a majority that I've seen but only kind of remember, and a bunch that I've somehow never seen. And I'm so likely to put on an episode while doing other things, I'm likely to miss parts and therefore keep them fresh.

So really, whenever I want I can put on a MST3K that's new to me, so it doesn't make sense that I'm so excited for the new season.......BUT I AM!!

I realize you're an old senile guy too so maybe I typed this before and didn't realize it because I'm senile but hi in case you're not me typing things but someone else who's also senile

I agree with you, voice in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Well, The Starfighters is an extremely unwatchable film, even with the crew riffing on it. It's oppressively boring.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Bicyclops posted:

Well, The Starfighters is an extremely unwatchable film, even with the crew riffing on it. It's oppressively boring.

That's the one that's a barely disguised Air Force commercial, isn't it? Or not even the Air Force but that one specific fighter jet.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
A long form ad for a crappy jet, erotic refueling, and a LADY who KNOWS ABOUT CORN. :haw:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
🎶Don't crap in your hand, crap in your poopie suit🎶

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Starfighters is one of my favorites where nothing of consequence happens, though I can see why it wouldn't click for everyone.

"We're gonna bomb 'em back to the Jazz Age..."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bicyclops posted:

The recital by the United Servo Academy Men's Chorus, directed by United Servo Academy Men's Choral Director, Vice-Brigadier Sir Thomas "Bullhead" Servo, performing the United Servo Academy Men's Chorus Hymn, makes up for any failings the experiment may have. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ree220FiOEg

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Powered Descent posted:

The recital by the United Servo Academy Men's Chorus, directed by United Servo Academy Men's Choral Director, Vice-Brigadier Sir Thomas "Bullhead" Servo, performing the United Servo Academy Men's Chorus Hymn, makes up for any failings the experiment may have. :colbert:

This, as well as the Cowboys Mike's Ricochet Barbecue Sauce, which remains one of my all-time favorites.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

And that is the main reason I'm going to miss Kevin. I could listen to his voice all day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Artsygrrl posted:

A long form ad for a crappy jet, erotic refueling, and a LADY who KNOWS ABOUT CORN. :haw:

IOWA! :v:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Artsygrrl posted:

That dumb phone gag

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Paper Kaiju posted:

This, as well as the Cowboys Mike's Ricochet Barbecue Sauce, which remains one of my all-time favorites.

So bold, it's not recommended for human consumption!

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Valentine's day present finally arrived

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Nice! Now you can sing along in the shower to one of the funniest opening tracks.

:byodame: "HEEEEE THRIIILLLLSSS MEEEEE"

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
The F-104 Starfighter featured in The Starfighters is known nowadays mostly for being the center of a massive Lockheed bribery scandal, as well as something of a death trap.

The movie is still insanely boring though. My favorite part is when it literally repeats the same 10 minute refueling sequence to pad time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Powered Descent posted:

This sketch is real good. I just find myself yelling angrily at the film.

Unralted: "Why can't they have had Mamie Van Doren star in this?" in response to basically the entirely of Keeping Neat and Clean: :lol:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

This sketch is real good. I just find myself yelling angrily at the film.

Unralted: "Why can't they have had Mamie Van Doren star in this?" in response to basically the entirely of Keeping Neat and Clean: :lol:

The corn detasseler does leave a little to be desired. Maine VD would elevate it to another level. Though I suppose that would apply to most MST3ks besides Girls Town.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
"We're going to have 'the sex!'"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
"Now men, in all fairness, I should point out that occasionally the North Vietnamese will shoot back."

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Man, Brain Guy's really good in the new Logan movie

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've got to seriously step up my watchathon.

I stalled out in season 4 thanks to IRL nonsense and it's been a bitch getting it started again. Going to have to kick it into gear to work through everything before April

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I've been watching episodes at random by asking my girlfriend to "Pick a number 1-10", and then a number within the episodes of the season.

Last night was The Brain That Wouldn't Die, which was very fun.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Gozinbulx posted:

He looks so bored in that picture. Like "Sigh... I guess I have to be a spy..."

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gozinbulx posted:

I was hoping the was OK Computer as interpreted by Ennio Morricone.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

I've been watching episodes at random by asking my girlfriend to "Pick a number 1-10", and then a number within the episodes of the season.

I thought that movie was alright actually. It's not a bad one, just not exactly scary. The ending is a little creepy though.

I think I prefer the movies where there's some neat ideas but bad execution over the movies that are just miserable to sit through. I like watching the Satellite crew get into the movie they're watching, even if their misery has given us some pretty great moments.

Coheed and Camembert fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 6, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Franchescanado posted:

You're not my dad, you're Hitler!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
He's at the 30, the 20, no one will stop him!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I think I prefer the movies where there's some neat ideas but bad execution over the movies that are just miserable to sit through. I like watching the Satellite crew get into the movie they're watching, even if their misery has given us some pretty great moments.

Yeah, like they're pros, and I was amazed at how much humor they got into the endless chase scene in Racket Girls, but it's hard to riff on two straight hours of 1950s women wrestling in their underwear without making the same jokes. Anything that's just "Sannnnnnnnnnnnnd!" is funny to think about, but not to watch for 40 minutes, even with talented comedians in front of it.

Part of what I like about like, even the Gamera movies is that, really, they're sort of intentionally goofy a lot of the time, and there's just stuff about them that makes them both locked to a time and culture we don't necessarily understand, so have it filtered through the 'bots make it fun again.

I think it's variety rather than quality, though. A movie that just goes all over the place and has no direction feeds them a lot of good opportunity for riffs.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Doubling back to Rifftrax for a bit, if it's up on Prime where you are, I can recommend Icebreaker, with Sean Astin, Bruce Campbell and Stacy Keach. It's basically Die Hard on a mountain ski resort, but much, much lamer because Rudy is the lovely John McClane.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I just notification of more rewards getting sent. Does anyone know what they are?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I just notification, too, but, more importantly, I just last call to update shipping address, which was really helpful in my situation, so three cheers for Joel and his team.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just a heads-up: the this year's Rifftrax KS has announced that Trace and Frank will be joining in on one of this year's shows. They also added a $1 tier that gets you two new shorts.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

I just notification of more rewards getting sent. Does anyone know what they are?

Based on the schedule, it's probably the mugs, keychains, mission patches, and art prints.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Can you guys believe we're almost a month out from new MST3K? It's gonna be great, speaking as someone who got into MST3K way after the original show, and only a couple of episodes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Solaris Knight posted:

Can you guys believe we're almost a month out from new MST3K? It's gonna be great, speaking as someone who got into MST3K way after the original show, and only a couple of episodes.

I'm thoroughly shocked at how often I read this in the thread. I would have told you that MST3K was one of those things where you had to have been there. I'm very happy to be wrong!

I'm watching one I've definitely never seen: Danger: Death Ray!!

"They really have captured the danger of white guys walking in herds."

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Bicyclops posted:

I'm thoroughly shocked at how often I read this in the thread. I would have told you that MST3K was one of those things where you had to have been there. I'm very happy to be wrong!

I'm watching one I've definitely never seen: Danger: Death Ray!!

"They really have captured the danger of white guys walking in herds."

~Watermelon man~

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bop ba-da ba da-da

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It was originally titled "La la-la la-la-la"
They had a creative dispute.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004