Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: How is Fast RMX on the Switch, incidentally? As good as Fast Racing NEO was?

Yup. It's good. It's the same game with some new tracks if you didn't realize though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I considered buying it because there aren't many games but now I won't. Thanks for the warning re: it being bad.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 going to be a continuation of the first one, or will it be it's own self-contained story so it won't matter if you haven't played the first one?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

greententacle posted:

Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 going to be a continuation of the first one, or will it be it's own self-contained story so it won't matter if you haven't played the first one?

We don't know yet but you should play the first one anyway since it's good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

greententacle posted:

Well Xenoblade Chronicles X was not a continuation of the first one, and this one is titled 2 so it certainly seems to me like it's going to be a direct sequel.

But we don't have any hard info. Play Xenoblade Chronicles!

Maybe don't play XCX! I didn't like it!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Play SMT3 Nocturne, get the neutral ending and you'll get the gist of XC.

Where the gently caress is this week's eshop preview? There's much in the news about last week's stuff and nothing about the coming items.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SelenicMartian posted:

Play SMT3 Nocturne, get the neutral ending and you'll get the gist of XC.
I would if Sony/Atlus/whoever would ever release it on PSN for PS4 in Europe. :mad:

SelenicMartian posted:

Where the gently caress is this week's eshop preview? There's much in the news about last week's stuff and nothing about the coming items.
I have no idea where it is, it's normally out on Mondays.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll be surprised if the Wii U gets very many VC games now that the Switch is out.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So this week the big (and only) Switch Release is Blaster Master, right?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Fancy Hat! posted:

So this week the big (and only) Switch Release is Blaster Master, right?

Voez comes out in NA this week, a week later than other regions. If you like rhythm games it's worth a peek; the F2P version is available on smartphones.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Because I Am Setsuna is a bad game and it's worth making sure people are aware of that when discussing its porting to a new system.

To each their own. I really enjoyed it, but I also replay Chrono Trigger over and over again. The environments get very samesey and the game ends right as it gets going, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Don't think I would ever play through it again, but it was worth it to me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I kinda want to try out I Am Setsuna but by the time I'm done with Zelda, the Switch will have other stuff I want to play. It doesn't look that interesting to me even as someone that loves the poo poo out of Chrono Trigger though.

Is it digital only?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

SeANMcBAY posted:

I kinda want to try out I Am Setsuna but by the time I'm done with Zelda, the Switch will have other stuff I want to play. It doesn't look that interesting to me even as someone that loves the poo poo out of Chrono Trigger though.

Is it digital only?

Physical in Japan, with English language options.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
I want to fill out some of the gaps in my Wii U library but feel like I should wait to see if most of the big games get ported to Switch. Pretty sure there has been no hard info on this yet but seems likely, no?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pegnose Pete posted:

I want to fill out some of the gaps in my Wii U library but feel like I should wait to see if most of the big games get ported to Switch. Pretty sure there has been no hard info on this yet but seems likely, no?

Smash Bros is pretty much a definite but I'll be surprised if stuff like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 gets ported over.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Any word on when the Switch eShops update next?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Smash Bros is pretty much a definite but I'll be surprised if stuff like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 gets ported over.

Nah, they'll probably hold off for a Switch iteration of Smash Bros rather than a port because getting the playerbase to migrate to a new version requires a crowbar and harsh threats to pry them off the old one.

W101 MAYBE, because you can draw with the stick, and Bayonetta should definitely be doable. Besides, it is actually getting Lego City: Undercover in a month. If you haven't played it, you should :colbert:.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

April

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I dunno. I can't see them undertaking the massive effort for another Smash so soon when so many missed out on 4 for Wii U and I doubt they'll wait so long into the Switch lifespan to have another.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I want Smash 4 on the switch just cause that means it would have a purple logo and I like visual puns like that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I dunno. I can't see them undertaking the massive effort for another Smash so soon when so many missed out on 4 for Wii U and I doubt they'll wait so long into the Switch lifespan to have another.

Except it is also on 3DS, which has a far larger player base. If it was gonna happen, they'd have announced it alongside Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sam Faust posted:

I want Smash 4 on the switch just cause that means it would have a purple logo and I like visual puns like that.

Yeah and it would be perfect if it combined everything from the Wii U and 3DS versions into one just like the Switch itself combines console and handheld. I'm sure we'll find out at E3.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah and it would be perfect if it combined everything from the Wii U and 3DS versions into one just like the Switch itself combines console and handheld. I'm sure we'll find out at E3.

That plus new characters and have preorders come with Melee Online edition. (That can be purchased separately.) New characters should include a Splatoon kid and a Wiimote.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spacebump posted:

That plus new characters and have preorders come with Melee Online edition. (That can be purchased separately.) New characters should include a Splatoon kid and a Wiimote.

Ehh, I think that comes back round to new Smash Bros rather than polishing the old. Let's be honest; the only real reason we're likely getting Mario Kart 8 on the thing is so it actually has something good with multiplayer modes for the launch stretch.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ehh, I think that comes back round to new Smash Bros rather than polishing the old. Let's be honest; the only real reason we're likely getting Mario Kart 8 on the thing is so it actually has something good with multiplayer modes for the launch stretch.

Why sir you seem to be forgetting 1-2 Switch. :geno:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

1-2 Switch would be good if it was a Wario game and had those characters instead of video footage of random tourists picked off the streets.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

1-2 Switch would be good if it was a Wario game and had those characters instead of video footage of random tourists picked off the streets.

Seriously, that was a major missed opportunity. Just a WarioWare branding would've probably done wonders for that game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have a feeling they might send 1-2-Switch to Nintendo Land

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At most I would expect them bringing Ice Climbers back if we ever do get a Smash 4 port.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda like the FMV in 1-2 Switch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Electric Phantasm posted:

At most I would expect them bringing Ice Climbers back if we ever do get a Smash 4 port.

I'd wager them, Inklings and maybe another third party character since they get people hyped. Who knows though with Sakurai.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Help Im Alive posted:

I have a feeling they might send 1-2-Switch to Nintendo Land

When I die I hope I go to Nintendo Land.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

If 1 2 Switch were branded WarioWare, it would be even easier to see how much worse it is

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I kinda like the FMV in 1-2 Switch

I love the fat guy who always loses.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Spellman posted:

If 1 2 Switch were branded WarioWare, it would be even easier to see how much worse it is

From everything I've seen regarding 1-2, it seems like WarioWare: Smooth Moves is better in almost every way. The only thing 1-2 Switch has that's special is a small handful of games that demonstrate HD rumble.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Switch WarioWare game is going to be sick though. Or heck, even the Switch Game and Wario would be sick.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Smash Bros 4 Switch with the cow from 1-2 Switch as an exclusive character

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously, that was a major missed opportunity. Just a WarioWare branding would've probably done wonders for that game.

It was even the WarioWare team that made the game I think! But let's face it, Joe Schmo doesn't know wtf WarioWare is and he makes up a big chunk of 1-2-Switch's demographic. I don't know how 1-2-Switch sold, but it needed all the help it could get the moment they decided "yea, let's actually charge money for this."

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Teenage Fansub posted:

It should update on Thursday in EU and NA. I think the Japan shop updates on Wednesdays? I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It really should have been a pack-in game. I haven't picked it up, because seriously, Nintendo, pack-in for the game that shows off your console's nifty new feature!