Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Office Pig posted:

I don't think anyone likes sean spicer

I think he's my favorite of the administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I soooooooort of get it because they're in an impossible situation. The people they're trying to directly answer to are corporate interests who want it semi-gutted to make more money and like....no one wants that. The second bunch of people they're trying to placate want nothing less than a full repeal for absolutely non-sensical reasons (with added fantastical FYGM thinking where those people are wholly dependant on various flavors/benefits of Obamacare they signed up for without actually knowing it was Obamacare/ACA), and anytime you get close enough to that to start making GBS threads out actual numbers they start demanding all the good parts of Obamacare/ACA with none of the "bad" taxes that pay for it.

They're being asked to do something impossible by poor idiots and being asked to do something completely unpalatable by rich idiots. Everyone involved would be much better served by just giving up but lol this is the only thing they promised they would do if they were elected again.

I say gently caress em and cross my fingers that they manage to lessen the possible harm by way of their unending shittiness.

there's actually an extremely simple solution to this, it's "stop being assholes"

so an impossible situation for republicans then

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
jammed down everybody's throat

more competition

letting insurers sell plans that don't cover anything

burn down the poor

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"shiiiittt we cut our plan down to 60 pages and Tom Price still couldn't read it! How short do we need this thing?!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It begins

https://twitter.com/AARPOhio/status/836971295359266817

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nichael posted:

mattis is cool and good and doing his best to uphold our international credibility

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

for perhaps the first time in human history, the collective power of old white people is being harnessed for good

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Admiral Ray posted:

what the gently caress

A black man in America can finally afford to be as oblivious as Ben Carson. These are golden times.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Nichael posted:

:same:

I have a soft spot for sad sacks

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rush: "Thanks to Wikileaks we know the CIA is now capable of false flag hacks - they can make a hack look like it's from Russia, the Chinese, the Japanese... What if the CIA hacked the DNC? Hmmm... Very interesting."

LOLOL

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lol this looks like one of those deep sea pics of a horrifying, kinda retarded anglerfish

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Favorite part from Tom Price's bull poo poo session was when he said that "Medicaid is a program that by and large has decreased people's access to care."

Even in the fever dreams of broke brained conservatives, how does that statement make sense

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Caithness posted:

Kinda hard to blame dems when you've got a majority in both houses.

youre kidding right. have you been under a rock

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/839187162708996096

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

The geniuses over at the intel community just fumbled their anti-Trump op because of Trump tweets and talk radio.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

jammed down everybody's throat

more competition

letting insurers sell plans that don't cover anything

burn down the poor

why is competition a good thing there though

you don't need competition with healthcare

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

health care policy is my favorite. so many intersections and different interest groups

it's like a slow rolling dumpster fire no matter how you try to come at it.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

Montasque posted:

Rush: "Thanks to Wikileaks we know the CIA is now capable of false flag hacks - they can make a hack look like it's from Russia, the Chinese, the Japanese... What if the CIA hacked the DNC? Hmmm... Very interesting."

LOLOL

I posted like an hour ago that conservatives would run with this angle. I guess my brain is broke too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/AVABoard/status/837362150725324800

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/AARPadvocates/status/838867281291587584

Maybe I'm going overboard in mentioning AARP, but to people who aren't aware of it, they're biggest advocacy group right now, worth over a billion dollars, with a membership of tens of millions, and is listened to extremely close on both sides of the aisle. They matter.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Medicaid is the only thing keeping millions of people alive lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/839187797189791747

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

the fun part of being "christian" is whisking away any uncomfortableness with praying

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5nfaPgExo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You don't know aarp!!

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Nichael posted:

I want a Sean Spicer (TM) action figure.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

kopasetic posted:

I posted like an hour ago that conservatives would run with this angle. I guess my brain is broke too.

Yeah, you called it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Healthy young healthcare law goes to Republicans, gets pumped with ideological nonsense, doesn't do good and changes - REGULATIONS! One such case over 7 years!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
someone ask him about 6 pages dedicated to lottery winners losing medicaid

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
Lobotomy? Isn't that for loonies?

Not at all. Friend of mine had one. Designer of the trump win. You ever hear of that win? Biggest in history -- absolutely true. Fits in a suitcase. It's so small, no one knows it's there until - BLAMMO. Eyes melt, skin explodes, everybody dead. So immoral, working on the thing can drive you mad. That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

euphronius posted:

Medicaid is the only thing keeping millions of people alive lol

Otoh, the death of the baby boomers is the only hope for this country.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

murked by dragon posted:

Lol this looks like one of those deep sea pics of a horrifying, kinda retarded anglerfish

Or the "Livin' on the edge" video.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ron Jeremy posted:

Otoh, the death of the baby boomers is the only hope for this country.

Baby boomers aren't the ones on Medicaid

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this conf is making me angrier than usual

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shageletic posted:

https://twitter.com/AARPadvocates/status/838867281291587584

Maybe I'm going overboard in mentioning AARP, but to people who aren't aware of it, they're biggest advocacy group right now, worth over a billion dollars, with a membership of tens of millions, and is listened to extremely close on both sides of the aisle. They matter.

im still extremely unsure about boomers being on the side of good here, however briefly
'
it's like you're gearing up to fight your greatest enemy and dracula swoops in with the assist

thanks drac but didn't you kill millions and also swear a blood oath to kill me last week

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
this reporter is very dum

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well maybe the really old ones in homes are on Medicaid after their Medicare ran out

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Yinlock posted:

im still extremely unsure about boomers being on the side of good here, however briefly
'
it's like you're gearing up to fight your greatest enemy and dracula swoops in with the assist

thanks drac but didn't you kill millions and also swear a blood oath to kill me last week

gently caress boomers

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
lol the confirmations aren't a republican problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread