Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
I just started a SR CWC inquisitor yesterday, going for a hybrid build. it's been pretty faceroll so far up to level 51. The boss/rare killing is great but the clear speed is somewhat slow. I didn't see any guides updated for 2.6 although I know a lot of people ran it in 2.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.
Guild invite please! IGN: Aericura

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm not sure who posted what build where that involves a Victario's Acuity, but I appreciate the jump from 15c yesterday to 35c today, since that just earned me another 20c after I had mine listed up and wasn't selling.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

AegisP posted:

I'm not sure who posted what build where that involves a Victario's Acuity, but I appreciate the jump from 15c yesterday to 35c today, since that just earned me another 20c after I had mine listed up and wasn't selling.

It's honestly not that good with the Karui Ward buff. Takes a lot of both power and frenzy charges to make it comparable, much less better.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Mechanics question. Trying out a blade flurry dagger build. The example I saw used a Death's Hand mace in the offhand for the unholy might.

Since blade flurry doesn't actually attack with the mace, does it matter at all what the physical damage rating on it is?
Also the critical strike chance since it doesn't say global on that weapon.

Wondering if I should care about those stats in this case, or just grab the absolute cheapest one if they don't matter.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The only stat that matters is the Unholy Might, grab the cheapest.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

whypick1 posted:

The only stat that matters is the Unholy Might, grab the cheapest.

Thanks. Related question, this is still dual wielding for the purposes of passive node bonuses, right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes.

teabot
May 9, 2009

Books On Tape posted:

Is there such a thing as a tanky, non-CI BF build with amazing clear speed or is that asking for too many good things in one build? The Lazy Pally looks to be the closest but the clear speed looks suspect.

I'm playing a gladiator blade flurry Varunastra build at the moment and the clear speed is pretty intense even with rt so it's certainly possible

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Rakeris posted:

So, with Pyre :rip: is vortex traps or poison vortex dead this league? Or would it still be doable?

Vortex is tiny now :(

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Got a KOTF assassin up into maps. Questions:

a) I have pretty much all my starter gear, just need some chromes to recolor my boots and get some affixes on my flasks. After that's settled, should I save up for a Death's Opus (currently using Harp) or buy a 5l prophecy first?
b) The build uses an ice golem for acc/crit. Is putting it in my CWDT setup a good idea? It'd have to be level 1 since I'm running IC w/no charges

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

So one of the prophecy leaguestone affixes gives you 1 charge and "next zone contains yama the generous". This was the result.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
go for the Opus first

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Edit: Nevermind, I think all leaguestones work on Atziri. The ones I was using were probably the wrong level.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 7, 2017

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Welp, today was a good day.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is that bow base good? Or otherwise two divines I guess.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Ugh, the Molten Strike threshold jewel makes me want to try a build for it again, but none of the ascendancies are particularly specialized for it. Anyone have any suggestions? Something Duelist is what I've always gone with in the past, but maybe Deadeye would be good, like with the two cold nodes for 100% elemental conversion and claws or something. How does Powerful Precision work with Molten Strike? I know it probably wouldn't deal damage to a single target twice per attack, but it might be good for single target damage if it works at all.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
holy gently caress I love this league's gimmick

(also I need a better filter I guess)

didn't expect to get my atziri's disfavour so early in the league :woop:

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

Any good start-friendly scorching ray builds out there? Just SR or CWC, I'm not picky, I just kinda wanna use the kamehameha wave.

CWC with Firestorm is pretty nice and will get you into red maps easily. But the majority of your DPS will come from Firestorm then.
Rime Gaze is a very cheap 5L, Doryani fire belts also don't break the bank.

peak debt fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 7, 2017

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm liking explosive arrow a lot but lol the tooltip literally does nothing. Of course the dps isn't gonna work but why doesn't anything change the damage per fuse...

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

This fire blast crit elementalist build is pretty sweet

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

What the hell is this worth:

Listed for 5 ex because there's nothing like it in league. Searching 90 life, 110+ res, 50 spell damage shields in standard, there's one 10 month old listing that seems to never be online for 45c, one for 3 exalts, and then one with 20% higher res but worse life and spell damage for 10 exalts.

Why would anyone buy this? The ES is garbage, and no spell crit and a useless +1 to cold. Typically people want high ES/spell crit/spell damage. You can get your resists elsewhere where you can't get spell crit or spell damage.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Holyshoot posted:

Why would anyone buy this? The ES is garbage, and no spell crit and a useless +1 to cold. Typically people want high ES/spell crit/spell damage. You can get your resists elsewhere where you can't get spell crit or spell damage.

It's got t2 life and 110 resists, along with a decent spell damage % :v: 5 ex seems too high to me, but it's obviously a good shield for a lot of life-based casters. Good example of a build where it would be the ideal shield (and hence why someone might pay 5 ex instead of just 1 or 2) is RF totem chieftain, which doesn't use spell crit and probably isn't using ES.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

It's got t2 life and 110 resists, along with a decent spell damage % :v: 5 ex seems too high to me, but it's obviously a good shield for a lot of life-based casters. Good example of a build where it would be the ideal shield (and hence why someone might pay 5 ex instead of just 1 or 2) is RF totem chieftain, which doesn't use spell crit and probably isn't using ES.

Makes sense.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It's basically a Rathpith Globe that's exchanging spell block for more basic res.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
That's a good shield that maybe like 2 builds will want.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Trip report: Hysteria Staff build is pretty goddamn great. Fire a Ball Lightning into a pack, everything dies. Herald of Thunder then almost always procs, which will wipe any stragglers with Fire Burst procs on its own pretty easily. It's a tiiiiny bit less reliable than I like, especially against single targets, and that's kind of annoying since you only leech from the Fire Burst hits, but it's pretty smooth and extremely strong as soon as you hit 50. A ton of room for improvement, too, and the fact that you only need the staff and a 4l is fantastic.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

theshim posted:

Trip report: Hysteria Staff build is pretty goddamn great. Fire a Ball Lightning into a pack, everything dies. Herald of Thunder then almost always procs, which will wipe any stragglers with Fire Burst procs on its own pretty easily. It's a tiiiiny bit less reliable than I like, especially against single targets, and that's kind of annoying since you only leech from the Fire Burst hits, but it's pretty smooth and extremely strong as soon as you hit 50. A ton of room for improvement, too, and the fact that you only need the staff and a 4l is fantastic.

Yeah as a league starter this is like the best poo poo at 50, 6s staff is dirt cheap, 4l chest as well, and the hysteria was 4c.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

whydirt posted:

It's basically a Rathpith Globe that's exchanging spell block for more basic res.

those are 8c, I like the comparison

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Is that bow base good? Or otherwise two divines I guess.

No it isnt. The dex required is too high for casters and its only item level 60 so it cant get +2 bow gems. But damnit i found 2 six links! :dance:

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Pollyzoid posted:

Call of the Brotherhood is giving me Voidheart flashbacks. Decided to buy Pledge of Hands at 20c, when CotB was at 20c as well. Now Pledges are 10c and CotB 40c :saddowns:

I'm really glad pledge is staying inexpensive. With the new staff crit and MoM nodes it's perfect for all sorts of tanky inquisitor builds and getting a free link makes it even nicer for early league builds when you can't nearly afford to 6l.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Esoteric Scientist posted:

didn't expect to get my atziri's disfavour so early in the league :woop:

I went super hard the first 3 days of the league and already have a 6 link disfavour :smugdog:

It's crazy how fun this league is though. I went slayer cyclone so I can clear super fast, though really strong bosses are still a problem.

4 reliquary chests (3 bought 1 found) and all bad items. Oh well, at least the foil looks cool.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

theshim posted:

Also agreeing with this. Even with a garbage six socket staff that only has crafted spell damage it still wrecks faces. I was clearing the elreon feed missions by just casting orb of storms and letting orb and herald of thunder proc the bursts. I hot level 68 last and completed cruel lab so its time to start grabbing some of the crit nodes wile saving up to make the switch over to CI.

And :lol: at ghosted Atziri. https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantCourteousMoonRaccAttack

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Dat flameblast radius. And I thought they nerfed AoE /s

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Ugh, the Molten Strike threshold jewel makes me want to try a build for it again, but none of the ascendancies are particularly specialized for it. Anyone have any suggestions? Something Duelist is what I've always gone with in the past, but maybe Deadeye would be good, like with the two cold nodes for 100% elemental conversion and claws or something. How does Powerful Precision work with Molten Strike? I know it probably wouldn't deal damage to a single target twice per attack, but it might be good for single target damage if it works at all.
I don't think Powerful Precision works, so I'm thinking about Raider instead, just for all that delicious attack speed. Here's a tentative skill tree. Going crit might be a mistake, but I'm in the bottom right side of the tree, so what choice do I have?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Bugsy posted:

Also agreeing with this. Even with a garbage six socket staff that only has crafted spell damage it still wrecks faces. I was clearing the elreon feed missions by just casting orb of storms and letting orb and herald of thunder proc the bursts. I hot level 68 last and completed cruel lab so its time to start grabbing some of the crit nodes wile saving up to make the switch over to CI.
Almost 68 myself and going to switch over. I got slightly lucky and my staff rolled some critmult when crafted, though the other affixes were trash, but with crafted spell damage it's still shredding through things.

Also I've instakilled myself five or so times on reflect rares already :supaburn: Need to do merc lab so I can get the halved reflect node.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bugsy posted:

And :lol: at ghosted Atziri. https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantCourteousMoonRaccAttack
Lmao

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
lol He's getting wrecked.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Here's a good place for me to step in and describe how I think my way through making a build.

So, every location for red threshold jewels is in proximity to either Duelist life, Marauder life, Scion life, or Templar life. This means unless you're doing something crazy with your tree, you'll be playing life-based (the Templar one you can get as a CI Inquisitor but it'll be very hard to get a second jewel socket for it). Also, the most important keystone for Molten Strike was Point Blank and I don't think Wildfire really changes that.

Because of the tree restriction, I don't see Inquisitor being viable because you have to pick up weapon-specific crit nodes for it to be good, making the pathing very hard. To me this leaves the following:

Crit Sword Juggernaut
Max block Gladiator, either Alkaizer's crit sword build or Varunastra
Claw/Dagger Raider/Pathfinder, going left from Duelist to the Scion life wheel

There are other options like Chieftain, Berserker, or Champion, but I don't see those being better than the options I listed. Because of the way Molten Strike works, the supports you really want to use with it are fairly limited. I think having 100% conversion is mandatory for it, so here are the considerations for 6 link setups:

Noncrit: Molten Strike - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire Damage/Phys to Lightning if you need conversion - Elemental Focus - Faster Attacks
Crit: Molten Strike - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Critical Strikes - Added Fire Damage/Phys to Lightning - Increased Critical Damage/Elemental Focus

Because I'm not a big fan of Faster Attacks, I think this makes the Crit version look a lot more attractive. Also, Duelist area block nodes specifically give melee physical damage and not all phys attack damage, which means the better pathing to Duelist start involves going through the Projectile nodes. To me this means Gladiator is out. With all that said, here is an initial tree for crit claw Pathfinder: http://www.poeurl.com/8MT

This is 94 points getting the power charge from Merciless and spending 3 points in getting the phys to cold conversion. 219% life, skipping Vitality Void because I think Soul Raker + Vinktar are more than enough. It also skips Vaal Pact, meaning a foil Vinktar or Acuity would be required for maximum comfort, and it skips Claws of the Pride and Forces of Nature because those are a bit out of the way. This works as Raider as well, but do note that you'd drop some other points for Frenzy charges, and I just don't really think Raider is better than Pathfinder in general. This tree is made for Claw + Shield, but Dual Wield Scourge would also be effective, in which case you'd probably path to Twin Terrors instead of through the bottom, costing a few extra points. In the 6th link of the setup I listed, I'd probably just go with Increased Critical Damage, because I think having the blue socket is very good for Concentrated Effect swapping, and Elemental Focus removes your ability to shatter which I personally really dislike.

You could go through a similar process to plan a crit sword Juggernaut tree, but I'm not going to do that right now. Same for going noncrit. Also, as a last note, it's definitely worth investigating DW Doryani's Catalyst trees, in both crit and noncrit context. That definitely has the potential to be stronger than claw, dagger, or sword.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
I have about 60c worth of currency from my ED/Contagion trickster but I'm not really feeling it. Clears are good if a little clunky, hard bosses are a pain. I only started playing in Breach so not a pro. Hoping for something with good clear speed that is also T16/Shaper viable with some investment. Want to end 2.x by actually killing Shaper and other harder content.

I'm thinking 2h chieftain warchief totems, some BV/poison setup (occultist or berserker), or maybe inquisitor doomfletch if that is still a thing. Suggestions?

• Locked thread