Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

She won the popular vote you utter loving hack.

Every conservative response to this on Twitter or in comments sections: Oh, do the Democrats want a participation trophy? The popular vote doesn't count because we live in a REPUBLIC not a DEMOCRACY. The Electoral College elects the president, dumbass. And good riddance too. Do we want the freaks on the coasts and in the cities controlling our presidential elections? No, snowflake. Get over your loss, loser, and maybe take a class in elementary civics.

(But I know of the existence of the Electoral College. My point is that basing a voting system on that is unfair and not representative of the "people".)

I apologize if I DASGC'ed a conversation, but I think this is pretty accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

She won the popular vote you utter loving hack.
Actually, there were 24 million illegal Clinton votes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

where did she find time in the day to vote 24 million times

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

oddium posted:

where did she find time in the day to vote 24 million times

Dems reuse the same forged ballots each year

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Edible Hat posted:

Every conservative response to this on Twitter or in comments sections: Oh, do the Democrats want a participation trophy? The popular vote doesn't count because we live in a REPUBLIC not a DEMOCRACY. The Electoral College elects the president, dumbass. And good riddance too. Do we want the freaks on the coasts and in the cities controlling our presidential elections? No, snowflake. Get over your loss, loser, and maybe take a class in elementary civics.

(But I know of the existence of the Electoral College. My point is that basing a voting system on that is unfair and not representative of the "people".)

I apologize if I DASGC'ed a conversation, but I think this is pretty accurate.

The best is when they trot the republic/democracy line out to justify being offended that you called him the undemocratically elected president.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Nenonen posted:

"Boy, I sure am glad these ballots don't list first names!" *stuffs with fake votes from the 90s*

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

the federal government is now totally controlled by republicans you goddamned idiot your wife-beating newly fatass is gonna have to own everything

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

saving the enviroment :tree:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Time to focus on the problem of alcohol abuse in the Jewish State.
Labels: decriminalization, marijuana, pot

https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/839068142970138626

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

Christopher Downes:

How did he miss the obvious "Dancing with the Tsars"?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Telegnostic posted:

How did he miss the obvious "Dancing with the Tsars"?

He didn't? That's the label of the cartoon. ("Czars" is just another way of spelling "Tsars" in English.)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ularg posted:

Drunkwing Duck at it again with STDH.

Hah, Drunkwing Duck!

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
The pun on "stars" is better with "tsars" than with "czars".

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Huh. I would not have expected that cartoonist to be OK with getting stoned.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Telegnostic posted:

The pun on "stars" is better with "tsars" than with "czars".

They're pronounced the same. :confused:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

eviltastic posted:

Huh. I would not have expected that cartoonist to be OK with getting stoned.

Even Kirschen's more racist screeds never really feel to me like they have much actual anger behind them, just fear (paranoia if you will). It's not like smoking weed makes you less racist.

Remember, "the right" doesn't correspond to the same exact set of stances on the same exact set of issues in every country :eng101:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yes stiglich, the aca was a bandaid when compared to a proper healthcare system.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Oxyclean posted:

They're pronounced the same. :confused:
And one is an actual anagram, so it's more aesthetically pleasing.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Huh. Is this supposed to be an Of Mice and Men reference or something?

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Yeah that was my first thought also. The cowboy hats and Trump's dumb(er than normal) look makes me think it is. Kinda refreshing to see some subtlety in the world of politoons.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It's just that the cartoonist prudently decided to go without the gun, which would have made the analogy much more explicit (but would likely have resulted in a Secret Service visit).

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Wow if that's what that is, that's amazing actually. I just passed over it the first time, so good eye.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Tell me about the twitters

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
This is clearly already the bad timeline but it could get even worse. Either schoolchildren in the future will learn of this one time they elected a buffoon president, or they will learn about Godking Donald 'Yugehands' Trumpovich, the Final Prophet*

* Patron Saint of private schools

Tingfinder fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 7, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Elevator pitch for a movie:

Trump have a heart attack and dies in a "cuba missiles" type crysis. But they decide to hide this from the public, so they hire some hobo from New York to be USA president and replace Trump.

But this hobo (ex-actor) breaks role and instead of reading what is on the telepronter make some real social commentary of real america, in favor of universal healthcare, good education for everyone and not discrimination. This make the people in power nervous so they decide to kill him JFK style and blame the Occupy Wall Street movement. But before they can do that he escape the secret service and return to his hobo life. But now theres somebody giving hot soup to hobos thank to his speech as president of the united states.

Title: Drop Mic.

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 7, 2017

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Finally a Dry Bones where Shuldig isn't an insufferable douche

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

albany academy posted:

Yes stiglich, the aca was a bandaid when compared to a proper healthcare system.

It's clearly a criticism of the Republican plan, so what's your beef?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Tei posted:

Trump have a heart attack and dies in a "cuba missiles" type crysis. But they decide to hide this from the public, so they hire some hobo from New York to be USA president and replace Trump.

But this hobo (ex-actor) breaks role and instead of reading what is on the telepronter make some real social commentary of real america, in favor of universal healthcare, good education for everyone and not discrimination. This make the people in power nervous so they decide to kill him JFK style and blame the Occupy Wall Street movement. But before they can do that he escape the secret service and return to his hobo life. But now theres somebody giving hot soup to hobos thank to his speech as president of the united states.

I don't know if Kevin Kline is willing to do the same movie twice.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Tei posted:

You're about 24 years too late.

e: beaten

Finally, a Dr Strangelove reference without Major Kong riding the bomb.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol at this branco

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nenonen posted:

I love the idea that democrats are crafty enough to get an insane amount of fake votes but did it in solid blue states.:rolleyes:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love the idea that democrats are crafty enough to get an insane amount of fake votes but did it in solid blue states.:rolleyes:

Well obviously it's because no one actually agrees with the democrats

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Vauxhall/Opel takeover – The chief executive of the French company behind Peugeot and Citroën has vowed to turn Opel and Vauxhall around without factory closures or job cuts"

Telegraph:

Coup de theatre as French Right unanimously backs François Fillon and calls bitter battle to replace him 'closed'

Independent:

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn tax return is 'complete and accurate', office says

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Trump isn't accusing other politicians of nefarious actions without a shred of proof! YOU ARE, libs! Check and mate, another winner for AF Branco, baby!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

santanotreal posted:

Wow if that's what that is, that's amazing actually. I just passed over it the first time, so good eye.

Aye, it's excellent. Sadly, it'll go over a lot of heads.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Guess we know why he named his dog Doobie now. :2bong:

Fun fact: Israeli colleges are some of the only ones legally allowed to do studies on cannabis, so this isn't totally out of left field.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Kurtofan posted:

lol at this branco
There's not even anything specific he can complain about anymore, it's just endless cartoons of "wahhh libs are being mean to poor Trump :qq:".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Branco: "Nuh uh! No, you are!"

• Locked thread