Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

Montasque posted:

I don't think anyone IS watching, it's just they have the ability to do so.

Also the true horror: This power is now in the hands of Donald Trump and his legion of Doom.

if what we've seen so far continues trump will use it to spy on celebrities who badmouth him and then leak poo poo about them

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/839174034646528002
:confuoot:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

louie gomhert, fully nude and mad, grabs the mace of the united states house of representative and begins swinging wildly in the direction of paul ryan. ryan piles up thelast 50 versions of the path to prosperity budget in order to reach higher ground.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
dnc: lets just sde how far this goea, then we start sending the fundraising emails

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

get hosed you spineless clown

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Democratic house or senate is the end of trump

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

ex post facho posted:

2018 will be a wave election if the democrats STARTED DOING ANY ORGANIZING AT ALL FFS

Uh, we're on it dude. Haven't you been at meetings?

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
This thread has exploded again, just waking up, what happened today? How hosed are we now? Let's put it on a scale of "This policy is frustrating and makes no sense" to "report to the FEMA mines citizen!"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Yinlock posted:

lol at wp for taking this seriously

"the government is bugging your tvs" is like one of the oldest paranoia things in the book

im kind of curious if even if they do, does it matter?

everyone under 45 either can't afford a smart tv, knows they're idiot garbage to appeal to boomers, or just watches netflix/pirated stuff

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has Paul Ryan passed anything of note ??

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nodelphi posted:

This thread has exploded again, just waking up, what happened today? How hosed are we now? Let's put it on a scale of "This policy is frustrating and makes no sense" to "report to the FEMA mines citizen!"

we're hosed in the absolute dumbest way possible: we elected the incompetent tv babyman

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Has Paul Ryan passed anything of note ??

stones

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol if you arent rradjng this thread while unconsciois

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Also I just got to this depressing article. Local rights, only when its convenient! Republicans!

quote:

Jefferson County long ago replaced the forced busing of the 1970s with a voluntary approach to integration, offering arts- and science-themed magnet programs to draw students into different parts of town.

The bill would effectively eliminate many of those programs by requiring the district to allow children to attend the school closest to their homes. Such a provision is race-neutral on its face, but the deeply segregated housing patterns in the sprawling county mean that a return to neighborhood schools is likely to concentrate poor and minority students in schools apart from their white, affluent peers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.77f2b01543ef

edit; Only time in the history of the internet I'm gonna say this, but read the comments

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 7, 2017

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nodelphi posted:

the gop healthcare bill is fallign apart and leadership is putting on a face to try and save it but will probably fail

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

the white house and paul ryan managed to present a healthcare plan that moderate republicans, freedom caucus insane tea party republicans, every democrat, the AARP, the club for growth, heritage foundation, and americans for prosperity (koch brothers basically) all hate

the rollout is Going Fine imo

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
lol no but seriously folks lots of people are going to die and/or go bankrupt, probably and

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Uh, we're on it dude. Haven't you been at meetings?

where can i go otherwise that shows me the organizing efforts underway

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
New poll! Do we make a training ground where we can release PoW's/Captives as training fodder for our Militia or do we build a Thunderdome where all of the Fortress can watch ARE TROOPS fight evil monsters?

WARNING: IF MONSTERS ESCAPE INTO CROWD DURING A BATTLE !!!FUN!!! WILL RESULT

http://www.strawpoll.me/12483553

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i actually can't believe how badly ryancare's rollout has gone. how do you put out a huge change like this and not line up support from the big conservative players first?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AdjSYx7rQ

this album is so loving good

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JenSorensen/status/839192640398716928

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

quadrophrenic posted:

lol no but seriously folks lots of people are going to die and/or go bankrupt, probably and

lol if you don't plan to self-immolate on the steps of the Capitol once you find out you can't pay for your chronic disease

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
nothing ever came of that massive dump of pruitt emails showing him literally copying nd pasting from oil lobbyist emails to his officially filed complaints and suits against the epa, did it, because nothing matters

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Venom Snake posted:

New poll! Do we make a training ground where we can release PoW's/Captives as training fodder for our Militia or do we build a Thunderdome where all of the Fortress can watch ARE TROOPS fight evil monsters?

WARNING: IF MONSTERS ESCAPE INTO CROWD DURING A BATTLE !!!FUN!!! WILL RESULT

http://www.strawpoll.me/12483553

does the old dumping monsters from a cage through a hatch into the arena below trick still work?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Dems should let the poo poo stains govern

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ex post facho posted:

where can i go otherwise that shows me the organizing efforts underway

what do you mean by "organizing efforts?" what kind of organizing do you want? to what end? i mean the dccc has already hired dozens of staff to hit battleground house districts across the country, and left-oriented groups are packing town halls and leading resistance on various issues. so i think things right now are not bad on that front.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

i actually can't believe how badly ryancare's rollout has gone. how do you put out a huge change like this and not line up support from the big conservative players first?

because they wrote this poo poo up at the last minute, like a college student who forgot an essay deadline

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i don't think there's any way they could tbh.

ryans probably making about the best he can out of a really really bad hand

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

actually, let's set aside his dog hate for a moment. has trump shown any affection to any living creature

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Unperson_47 posted:

actually, let's set aside his dog hate for a moment. has trump shown any affection to any living creature

trump-grabbing-ivankas-hips.gif

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

what do you mean by "organizing efforts?" what kind of organizing do you want? to what end? i mean the dccc has already hired dozens of staff to hit battleground house districts across the country, and left-oriented groups are packing town halls and leading resistance on various issues. so i think things right now are not bad on that front.

recruitment looks really really good at the state party level too.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Schnorkles posted:

i don't think there's any way they could tbh.

ryans probably making about the best he can out of a really really bad hand

It's almost as if they want this thing to die, then throw up their hands and say 'welp we tried!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/839206197756559360

lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

euphronius posted:

Democratic house or senate is the end of trump

it depends how the midterms shake out. sooner or later boomer liberals are gonna realize that they have targets on their backs and they'll run straight to fascism

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
It's a small bill tho

Not many words

So that's nice

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

It's almost as if they want this thing to die, then throw up their hands and say 'welp we tried!"

this has been my pet theory for awhile tbh and they've just been passing the buck back and forth on who gets to take the humiliating fall in public.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

Ivanka

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

stunning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Indivisible, the people behind this, I was just reading about them in the NY politics thread in this subforum. THey're actually doing things, very cool.

• Locked thread