Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Plan to save Nintendo: put Smash on steam for $9.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Handsome Ralph posted:

Same.

Honestly, I think I finally stopped caring about Nintendo poo poo when they started putting SNES games on n3DS but didn't do cross purchases or anything with Wii U. They've had so many years to get online play and account stuff right, and they keep loving it up.

Oh well, I'll just go play my PS4 and PC games instead. Not the end of the world.

Oh yeah the lack of an account based system for digital purchases is really lovely.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nintendo just can't get with the times. It's almost like they have a link to the past.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Woof Blitzer posted:

Plan to save Nintendo: put Smash on steam for $9.99

Which one, though?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

There's still n64 smash tournaments

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah lemme buy Super Mario Bros for the 1000th time but you can't be bothered to even try and port F-Zero GX

I realize that's a pretty apples and oranges comparison but gently caress it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shyduck posted:

Yeah lemme buy Super Mario Bros for the 1000th time but you can't be bothered to even try and port F-Zero GX

I realize that's a pretty apples and oranges comparison but gently caress it

No it's right on. Yes Nintendo, in 2017 the public wants another platformer.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Capn Beeb posted:

Which one, though?
Melee

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just can't really understand how pokemon is still a thing. It was huge when I was in school twenty years ago.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

There's still n64 smash tournaments

N64 Smash is like moving through molasses.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That and I've just never gotten used to the N64's stick. They weren't too weird when new, but by now they're all worn out and floppy (hyuk hyuk).

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Two Finger posted:

I just can't really understand how pokemon is still a thing. It was huge when I was in school twenty years ago.

Autism or nostalgia or both.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Woof Blitzer posted:

N64 Smash is like moving through molasses.

Thats why Smash is so popular, a fighting game less about skill and more about memorizing the meta game's ins and outs

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Melee in 2017 is pretty much fully about you can glitch the game with Fox versus the other guy trying to glitch the game with Fox

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Smash players are overwhelmingly white, fat, live with their mom, and autistic. I'm not even loving joking. Like, the fighting game community is pretty diverse compared to the average gamer. Lots of black and asian dudes loving love Street Fighter. Go to a smash tournament? It's autists all the way down.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

One of the top Smash players, Mew2King, is straight-up no-poo poo Asberger's, ADHD and OCD. When Melee came out, he was one the first guys, maybe the only, to sketch out frame and move data for each character. He did this for every single solitary movement for every character, counting frame-by-frame in practice mode. You hear a lot about frames and priority and poo poo in Melee at least, and most, if not all of those numbers came from him.

Also Mike-o is 100% correct. They might as well put train tracks between SF and Smash at tournaments

edit: not autistic like I thought but drat

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 7, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I bought Ghost Recon Wildlands because it's Barbie Narcos

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can I live out all of my Sicario masturbation fantasies?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Heck yes

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I was sneaking around a railroad graveyard on a salt flat with a suppressed pistol honking baddies in the face and it reminded me of when Alejandro came to dinner so yeah

Also yeah Smash players are kinda... out there. Though despite the #ridiculous# amount of time I put into Melee, I never got into the whole meta and wave dashing and frame cancelling bullshit, I just hit Nintendo characters in the face with a baseball bat while playing as Samus.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I used to play a lot of Smash back in high school, to the point where we'd occasionally set up screens and projectors in the cafeteria after school hours and all that jazz. It's a fun game with cartoon violence and wacky physics, but once people start taking it seriously it very rapidly becomes un-fun.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was pretty decent at Melee at one point. I could wavedash, etc. but yeah the meta stuff I never really cared for too much. I could hold my own amongst friends and won a couple of rounds in local tournaments, but the guys that play in bigger tournaments are pretty much playing an entirely different game than you. Also most of those guys are Fox/Falco players that have all the twitchy and tedious bullshit down, and I just didn't have time for that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I was playing as a Emily Blunt lady during the beta so yea.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
You could make a spot on MGS4 era Solid Snake in that beta, which is the route I went.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

http://www.pcgamer.com/quake-champions-launches-closed-beta-sign-ups-drops-fast-fragging-trailer/

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

cowboy elvis posted:

I bought Ghost Recon Wildlands because it's Barbie Narcos

First rescue mission, the package fell through rocks and is stuck underworld.

Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
when i tried the open beta for wildlands, i had so many connection issues while cooping with my buds that it killed any desire i had to drop 60 bucks on it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I had a bug in beta where when I would kill someone with a headshot, their body dropped to the ground and started doing the swimming/falling animation but staying in one spot

It was wonderful and made me drop $70 for the deluxe edition

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Booblord what system are you on for sicario barbie

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

Booblord what system are you on for sicario barbie

PS4 when it finally arrives tomorrow :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Honestly I still think no glitch is as good as mass effect 3s vanguard rapture

Can't find a link but the game fucks up its pathing and you just rise forever

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
My favorite bug in the beta was the pilot of the helicopter hovering outside the door in a running animation, the blades not spinning or making sound, and everything else proceeding normally.

Installing game now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My favorite thing is the plot is "The DoJ hosed up so hard in the eyes of the State Dept that it became a DoD problem"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We should do GiP sicario this weekend

Go ahead and finish your meal.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I gotta watch that again. Great movie, bigly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's on amazon prime

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Finally convinced the wife to watch Sicario. She went all :stonk: during the scene where they cross from Juarez back into the US. Good times.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I'm actually watching it right now. It's pretty rad. Del Toro is always a good time.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I've never seen it before, watching it now. This movie sure starts strong :stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That scene with Del Toro and Blunt in the kitchen is harsh as hell. Nothing will change no matter what you choose, you only get to choose whether you live or not. We're going to keep doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Watching Sicario tonight again for like the sixth time.