Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I drink all night the next morning's pee is usually a super dark yellow (almost orange) and smells like a truck stop bathroom. Also one time I finished a bottle of 151 and half a bottle of Captain Morgans and my pee smelled like rum the next day. My friends mom told me that means my liver couldn't process all of the alcohol and that it was super bad.

I don't wanna pass judgment or nothin', but that's a lot of goddamn booze, dude.

Drink some water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

I don't wanna pass judgment or nothin', but that's a lot of goddamn booze, dude.

Drink some water.

Well the multiple bottle thing was when I was 23 and we were in Vegas. The ornage pee though. That happens anytime I'm up drinking past like 3am. So Saturdays.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

:ssh: This sort of thing is still at the root of most gun control. A lot of politicans loving hate the idea of poor people having guns, especially if they are also black.

In the 60's-90's it was but after the "gang wars" of the 90's its more about stoping school shootings and mass shootings that happen every day then stoping scary black urban youth from shooting each other and police robbing innocent old white people.

Honestly most gun control boils down to maybe you should have to pull the trigger each time you want a bullet to come out and you shouldn't have guns that only have a use in war? no you want to keep them? ok

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, please don't start loving gun chat.

To late mom I have seen everything.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I drink all night the next morning's pee is usually a super dark yellow (almost orange) and smells like a truck stop bathroom.

That's caused by being dehydrated from the alcohol. Drink more water before you go to sleep after drinking, and your urine won't be as concentrated.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Alereon posted:

The best part is that the complaint came from a federally funded deaf university with a history of doing lovely things. In 2008, they temporarily lost their accreditation over poor student performance and a scandal where they fired their new president because she was taught to read lips growing up rather than learning American Sign Language (and only learned ASL later), which meant she wasn't "authentically deaf" enough for some of the students and faculty.

Huh, I thought I had heard of them before.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I drink all night the next morning's pee is usually a super dark yellow (almost orange) and smells like a truck stop bathroom. Also one time I finished a bottle of 151 and half a bottle of Captain Morgans and my pee smelled like rum the next day. My friends mom told me that means my liver couldn't process all of the alcohol and that it was super bad.

i think its just bad in general to drink that much alcohol but im not a alcohol scientist

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
Garbage! That hovercraft is a joke of engineering, and that helmet would never protect your brain from lasers!
As an accomplished alcoholic I can safely say that Solice is going to die.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jasque posted:

We're all going to die someday. Most of us alone.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

GrandpaPants posted:

Ha, I'm totally going to die with hundreds of other people. Don't ask the details, they might stop me.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

GrandpaPants posted:

And solice will stink especially bad of piss when he dies.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please do not insult my good friend Solice Kirsk

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Deez Nuts 2020

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYLTjuPvdFk&t=8s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Ha, I'm totally going to die with hundreds of other people. Don't ask the details, they might stop me.

'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, not terrified and screaming like his passengers'

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jasque posted:

Nah, it'll take more than binge drinking once or twice a week to kill me. I'm thinking it'll probably be something stupid like a heart attack or cancer. Cancer seems to get most of both sides of my family so that's where the smart money should be.

oldpainless posted:

Please do not insult my good friend Solice Kirsk

More like oldgoodbuddymore :respek:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, it'll take more than binge drinking once or twice a week to kill me. I'm thinking it'll probably be something stupid like a heart attack or cancer. Cancer seems to get most of both sides of my family so that's where the smart money should be.

Don't try to rig the official SA Solice Kirsk death pool

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, it'll take more than binge drinking once or twice a week to kill me

Demonstrably false

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat

Outrail posted:

'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, not terrified and screaming like his passengers'

Like whose passengers? Learn how to tell jokes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Alereon posted:

The best part is that the complaint came from a federally funded deaf university with a history of doing lovely things. In 2008, they temporarily lost their accreditation over poor student performance and a scandal where they fired their new president because she was taught to read lips growing up rather than learning American Sign Language (and only learned ASL later), which meant she wasn't "authentically deaf" enough for some of the students and faculty.

:ughh:
As a deaf person I'm fuckin' ashamed of these twats. 'Authentically deaf'? What the flying gently caress?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:ughh:
As a deaf person I'm fuckin' ashamed of these twats. 'Authentically deaf'? What the flying gently caress?

Aren't there some people who are seriously in to Deaf Culture, and are completely against things like cochlear implants because it means being Deaf isn't a Lifestyle any more? I've only heard, never met anyone like that myself, so I dunno.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Aren't there some people who are seriously in to Deaf Culture, and are completely against things like cochlear implants because it means being Deaf isn't a Lifestyle any more? I've only heard

And thats why they hate you.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I remember reading something about a deaf lesbian couple deliberately choosing to have a child via artificial insemination with a deaf dude to make sure their kid would be deaf, which strikes me as profoundly entitled. What happens when the kid grows up and learns that his mom went out of her way to make sure he had a permanent disability?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Huggybear posted:

this insufferable douche is in no way funny and completely over-exaggerates the role the US played in the war so I guess the schadenfreude is on you

Americans think the same thing about WWII. You fought the battle in the Pacific alone and won by the skin of your teeth, and had to resort to an atomic bluff when the Soviets beat you to Japan

You're supposed to put the signature at the end of your posts.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
I remember seeing a documentary about deaf culture, and it totally is a lifestyle to deaf people. There was a family that was completely deaf, both parents and their adult kids. The documentary followed one of the adult kid's life and how he and his (non-deaf) wife was going to get an implant for their baby. The husband had a well paying job but couldn't get promotions because I think the company was paying for his interpreter. There was at one point a gathering for the deaf and all the deaf people were angerly signing at the wife for allowing her child to get an implant.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah, man, it's like Mickey with the lifts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

waggles posted:

I remember seeing a documentary about deaf culture, and it totally is a lifestyle to deaf people. There was a family that was completely deaf, both parents and their adult kids. The documentary followed one of the adult kid's life and how he and his (non-deaf) wife was going to get an implant for their baby. The husband had a well paying job but couldn't get promotions because I think the company was paying for his interpreter. There was at one point a gathering for the deaf and all the deaf people were angerly signing at the wife for allowing her child to get an implant.

"Deaf culture" has gone to some bizarre, occasionally horrifying lengths to try and normalize their disability, from attempting to redefine it as anything other than a disability to vilifying cochlear implants and those who receive them. It feels like an attitude born out of going too far to try and gain respect, swerving from "Hey, don't be assholes to deaf people and put some more Braille around here" to "The deaf have a beautiful culture, and nobody can understand us but us. This is why we need to make more people deaf."

In lighter news, the schadenfreude is that you're not part of the most embarrassing fight of 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBX5wcZjJE

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought deaf culture was just some dumb poo poo invented by CSI for an episode, but nope. I should have known that when there's an option for people to be incredibly retarded about something, they are gonna grab onto it with both hands.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

chitoryu12 posted:

"Hey, don't be assholes to deaf people and put some more Braille around here"

Uuuuuuh, what?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I've been 100% deaf since the age of 5.
I literally have no loving idea what they're on about regarding 'deaf culture' :psyduck: I'm sorry, guys. If I could explain any of this assholery I would, but I'm just as baffled as you are.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Decrepus posted:

You thought a grenade weighs 5 pounds. You thought a grenade was a super mario bomb.

Meh. 5lbs isn't that much for a solid steel ball filled with explosives that blows out your elbow if you ever try and throw it like a baseball. But I guess changing my stance after deciding my original statement didn't seem right counts for nothing. Thanks for calling me out over an already resolved non issue. You sure did a lot.

If you wanted to make a real contribution, lets make fun of the goons who think glass eaters eat actual glass (well the ones who do it more than once).

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've been 100% deaf since the age of 5.
I literally have no loving idea what they're on about regarding 'deaf culture' :psyduck: I'm sorry, guys. If I could explain any of this assholery I would, but I'm just as baffled as you are.

Let's put it this way, there are regional dialects and accents for ASL.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

:stare:

This is pretty hilarious too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I own up to being a loving idiot here. I'm laughing so hard at my mistake that I'm crying right now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

chitoryu12 posted:

In lighter news, the schadenfreude is that you're not part of the most embarrassing fight of 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBX5wcZjJE

"Wait til I can breathe, pussy, you're gonna be done."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

chitoryu12 posted:

I own up to being a loving idiot here. I'm laughing so hard at my mistake that I'm crying right now.

I was going to poke at it but I was thinking that it was two separate ideas "Don't be an rear end in a top hat to deaf people. Also blind people would benefit from Braille."

But seriously it happens all the time. My Dad did special ed for 40 years, particularly mobility teaching for the blind. He'd get asked almost weekly if he knew ASL (he did, but unrelated).

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

chitoryu12 posted:

I didn't understand at all until I realised who Braille is actually for.

waggles posted:

Do you have a link to this documentary at all, it sounds fascinating.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I got bored waiting, when do they start loving each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Schadenfreude Thread: "Hey, don't be assholes to deaf people and put some more Braille around here"