Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Do you need 6 or 7 Andromeda Initiative videos to qualify for the helmet? I thought it was 7, with the last unlocking recently, but I can only see 6 available.

It's always been 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Kurieg posted:

just noticed they've got a tempest there but it's labeled the Charger? What?

The ship is called Tempest this time so they probably changed the name of the gun because of that.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The ship is called Tempest this time so they probably changed the name of the gun because of that.

Glad to see the writing team didn't run out of ideas.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Too bad it's not a Krogan duelist. A Krogan duel would just be two Krogan taking turns beating each other about the head with fusion hammers until one of them dies.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mortify posted:

Too bad it's not a Krogan duelist. A Krogan duel would just be two Krogan taking turns beating each other about the head with fusion hammers until one of them dies.

smdh if this isn't how you always play multiplayer.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I just want a rocket launcher to jetpack all around booming and blasting fools

wait

Can I have both vanguard charge AND a jetpack? Because if so, all sins are forgiven

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think a vanguard, as a biotic, gets biotic zoops and zorps that function in place of the jetpack

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Transmetropolitan posted:

Can I have both vanguard charge AND a jetpack? Because if so, all sins are forgiven

The jetpack is baseline, you just have it all that time regardless of whatever else you're doing.

Cowcaster posted:

i think a vanguard, as a biotic, gets biotic zoops and zorps that function in place of the jetpack

Oh, right yeah, if you're a biotic you get the full functionality of the jetpack but it manifests as hovering with your space wizard powers.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I think you still use the jetpack for jump jets and hovering, but while the tech classes and soldier use maneuvering jets to shoot around corners and stuff, the biotics use short range teleports and poo poo.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

jfood posted:

The Falcon was the Systems Alliance assault-grenade-kitchensink-launcher-rifle thing. The Scorpion was a Salarian pistol with sticky grenades... but that's not to be confused with the shotgun that just poo poo explosives everywhere when you charged it up. Venom, maybe? loving awesome gun.

MP had so many cool guns I get them confused.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wonder if shoddy netcode still renders half of them moot if you're not hosting

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Cowcaster posted:

i wonder if shoddy netcode still renders half of them moot if you're not hosting

everything so far (i.e. no dedicated servers) indicates that will indeed be the case.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Do we know if you can actually have a melee weapon out and equipped or does it just affect the generic melee attack?

Deakul fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 7, 2017

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Cowcaster posted:

It wouldn't be Bioware if I weren't hoovered into the Banshee's Fiend's loving embrace from across a map and crushed and smashed and called George.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Guys I am officially hype for andromeda now and pre ordered the super deluxe edition. Send help

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
This now looks good and cool to me

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have the ridiculous loving $200+ edition on preorder with the model nomad but I may need to scale that back to the regular edition. I don't need "collectible" tat in my life, just cool video games :3:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hedrigall posted:

I have the ridiculous loving $200+ edition on preorder with the model nomad but I may need to scale that back to the regular edition. I don't need "collectible" tat in my life, just cool video games :3:

Doesn't that version not come with the game?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Spacebump posted:

Doesn't that version not come with the game?

The Australian bundle does

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tribbledirigible posted:

It wouldn't be Bioware if I weren't hoovered into the Banshee's Fiend's loving embrace from across a map and crushed and smashed and called George.

I mean if it wasn't for that Vanguards would make all other classes obsolete entirely instead of just mostly

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Hedrigall posted:

What if I told you that ME:A can only provide the former

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Number Ten Cocks posted:

What if I told you that ME:A can only provide the former

Can stick dick in aliens, doesn't matter if the rest of the gameplay is terrible

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Hedrigall posted:

Can stick dick in aliens, doesn't matter if the rest of the gameplay is terrible

but do they generate carbon based sweat, this is a deal breaker

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Minrad posted:

but do they generate carbon based sweat, this is a deal breaker

fluorine based

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Garrus smells like toothpaste tastes.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

marshmallow creep posted:

Garrus smells like toothpaste tastes.

refreshment?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I don't know what toothpaste tastes like

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I don't know what toothpaste tastes like

I'd hate to see your teeth then :barf:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
:stare:: Get out there, Ryder. Pathfind.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So apparently the names you can put on crafted items are quite long:

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Horsecock, Smiter of Alien Sphincters

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
My weapon names are gonna all be like:

Shotgun, delayed blast electric damage

Pistol, extra headshot damage, slow reload

and super boring poo poo like that that saves me from having to inspect things closer.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Shaka, As the shields fell.

be original and descriptive brochacho.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lol they blew up the old continuity and then they just put a new citadel in Andromeda.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

I believe that Krogan may have been female if the voice is any indication.

Isn't there a voice modulation thing BIoware does for Krogans or am I misremembering?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Arglebargle III posted:

Lol they blew up the old continuity and then they just put a new citadel in Andromeda.

And the same races. And you know it's just going to be the same old sexual positions.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Number Ten Cocks posted:

And the same races.

We haven't seen Elcor or Volus yet. Dare we to hope?

quote:

And you know it's just going to be the same old sexual positions.

Have you seen the lats and pecs on angarans? They probably have sex while hanging from the ceiling and scissoring madly.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Have you seen the lats and pecs on angarans? They probably have sex while hanging from the ceiling and scissoring madly.

Pfft, vanilla

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I kinda hate that name.

Like, actual low key loathing.

It's not just that it's a bad fantasy name, but it doesn't fit. These aren't ancestral weapons, or ancient religious artifacts, or anything of the sort. This is a rusty old shotgun you duct-taped to a grenade launcher.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with naming your fancy rifle, but even with all the star-warsing, Mass Effect is science fiction of the sort where the use of weapons is fundamentally pragmatic. This is your rifle, there are many like it. Naming it is a personal thing, and done with some degree of humor, or at least recognition of the absurdity. (You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get. )

That kind of name feels very out of place, even for an asari. And no other species even gets that close to having an excuse.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

And the same races. And you know it's just going to be the same old sexual positions.

Don't be too quick to judge. Here’s the twist, and there is a twist: They show it. They show all of it. Because what’s the one major thing missing from action games these days? …Full penetration. Guys, Bioware's gonna show full penetration and they're gonna show a lot of it! I mean, we’re talking, you know, graphic scenes of Ryder really going to town on this hot asari lab tech. From behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, all the hits, all the big ones, all the good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

Like, actual low key loathing.

It's not just that it's a bad fantasy name, but it doesn't fit. These aren't ancestral weapons, or ancient religious artifacts, or anything of the sort. This is a rusty old shotgun you duct-taped to a grenade launcher.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with naming your fancy rifle, but even with all the star-warsing, Mass Effect is science fiction of the sort where the use of weapons is fundamentally pragmatic. This is your rifle, there are many like it. Naming it is a personal thing, and done with some degree of humor, or at least recognition of the absurdity. (You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get. )

That kind of name feels very out of place, even for an asari. And no other species even gets that close to having an excuse.

Don't be too quick to judge. Here’s the twist, and there is a twist: They show it. They show all of it. Because what’s the one major thing missing from action games these days? …Full penetration. Guys, Bioware's gonna show full penetration and they're gonna show a lot of it! I mean, we’re talking, you know, graphic scenes of Ryder really going to town on this hot asari lab tech. From behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, all the hits, all the big ones, all the good ones.

:stare: