Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

if we see the problems then so does ryan tho

you think ryan's smart

he walked his own rear end into the speaker chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The White House Summer Brand Ambassador Program is Now Open!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
we need a goon in the white house

like an SA goon, not the classic definition since that's already done

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

OhFunny posted:

Oh Mexico cancelled permits to export sugar to the USA because there's no one at the US Department of Commerce to negotiate with.

Enjoy higher prices all.

lol what

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Duscat posted:

... problem of rapidly increasing healthcare costs that's becoming an acute crisis in a few years, and now Obamacare's got Trump's name on it

Trumpcare bad?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

you should sic your SA scraper to count what percentage of trump thread posts is used to comment on how nice the current page number is

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Though there are multiple R senators saying "we need a CBO score before we do anything"

Ahah I read this as "we need a CBO" and that was funnier

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Duscat posted:

i'm actually really curious how this healthcare thing will end up playing out

they can't substantially change obamacare because there's no way to reconcile the simultaneous requirements of 1) makes tons of money for insurers & healthcare providers & pharma companies, 2) doesn't cost the fed govt a dime, and 3) doesn't send tens of millions of voters to a level beyond pissed off

basically the only thing i can see them doing is making a few cosmetic changes and symbolically exorcising the black demoncrat cooties from Obamacare, except that still won't satisfy the hardliners who genuinely want a full repeal and don't give a crap about their constituents so even that's gonna be hard to pass

and if they do manage to just sharpie Trumpcare over the title, they're faced with the fact that Obamacare actually IS at risk of imploding, because it doesn't actually fix the underlying problem of rapidly increasing healthcare costs that's becoming an acute crisis in a few years, and now Obamacare's got Trump's name on it

They have to at least fix the health care exchanges to keep them from collapsing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

you should sic your SA scraper to count what percentage of trump thread posts is used to comment on how nice the current page number is

can't scrape im on satellite internets atm

ive thought about open sourcin it :/

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

This is what a dad who is starting to unravel says when the kids ask if him and mommy are gonna get divorced

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

we need to entice the house and senate parliamentarians to hang out on this thread and answer our questions as the need arises

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

tacodaemon posted:

we need to entice the house and senate parliamentarians to hang out on this thread and answer our questions as the need arises

God I have a ton of questions about the bill, because there are a couple of parts I swear they can't do.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

can't scrape im on satellite internets atm

ive thought about open sourcin it :/

i thought thread scraping was discouraged? that was a while ago though

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Obama might retroactively deserve a little shred of credit for managing to get the ACA passed at all, considering how much of a clusterfuck the seemingly easier job of dumping it has become. It seems to have been designed at least well enough to somehow be popular with the very same nutjobs who screamed at their candidates to repeal it. The Republicans really have to be feeling whiplash after riding to power on an anti-Obamacare wave they kicked up only to find those same people don't actually want to lose any of the things guaranteed by Obamacare.

I guess that's what happens when you pass what was basically already the conservative healthcare plan and squeeze the Republicans off the Right side of the policy spectrum, which sucks and is garbage compared to a real healthcare system but it might end up as politically resilient as they'd hoped.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

i thought thread scraping was discouraged? that was a while ago though

i asked permission and asked about rate limits in QCS years back

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/postgreen/status/839239598018605056

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i think scraping is not good if ya like, do it to repost elsewhere, but if your making like word clouds and counting cucks its a okay

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

meh what has the ocean ever done for us

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/TPM/status/839240481871638528

I love how the media always goes on how great and smart Ryan is... remember when Diamond Joe clowned him for a hour and a half straight?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

i think scraping is not good if ya like, do it to repost elsewhere, but if your making like word clouds and counting cucks its a okay

lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dolash posted:

Obama might retroactively deserve a little shred of credit for managing to get the ACA passed at all, considering how much of a clusterfuck the seemingly easier job of dumping it has become. It seems to have been designed at least well enough to somehow be popular with the very same nutjobs who screamed at their candidates to repeal it. The Republicans really have to be feeling whiplash after riding to power on an anti-Obamacare wave they kicked up only to find those same people don't actually want to lose any of the things guaranteed by Obamacare.

I guess that's what happens when you pass what was basically already the conservative healthcare plan and squeeze the Republicans off the Right side of the policy spectrum, which sucks and is garbage compared to a real healthcare system but it might end up as politically resilient as they'd hoped.

policy entrenchment is exactly what the R's were screaming about in 2009 because they knew this would happen.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Vladimir Putin posted:

They have to at least fix the health care exchanges to keep them from collapsing.

Hahahahahahahaha like they're gonna "fix" anything.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

more room for us

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Baloogan posted:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vladimir Putin posted:

"have to"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/839240481871638528

I love how the media always goes on how great and smart Ryan is... remember when Diamond Joe clowned him for a hour and a half straight?

Yeah nothing lowers insurance rates than shrinking the pool of people in it, thank you Republican Math Super Boy

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dolash posted:

Obama deserves a lot of credit. He got all stakeholders to sign off and the bill is loving huge. There's so much poo poo in there that isn't widely talked about in the public and is so impactful to healthcare.

The downside is he hosed up some easy poo poo like the subsidies and the penalties for he mandate.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

donald trump vs. obama vs. daniel bryan

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Schnorkles posted:

policy entrenchment is exactly what the R's were screaming about in 2009 because they knew this would happen.

Maybe they shouldn't have been obstructionist fucks at every single chance they had then - they had an opportunity to give their input and instead lied about the ACA at every opportunity, they made this bed and now they can lie in it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

LOL i like that trump cant read

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/jwend5714/status/839134251769548800

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Vladimir Putin posted:

Obama deserves a lot of credit. He got all stakeholders to sign off and the bill is loving huge. There's so much poo poo in there that isn't widely talked about in the public and is so impactful to healthcare.

The downside is he hosed up some easy poo poo like the subsidies and the penalties for he mandate.

this guy loves man dates

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Gringostar posted:

we need a goon in the white house

like an SA goon, not the classic definition since that's already done

First press conference after the inauguration will be all about now nice the stairs are in the white house.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/839242378435313665

The senate is really not having this poo poo. Not sure what turtle is doing if he actually wants it to pass.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

Also Ryan is not backing away from his plan to ram the current bill through:

https://twitter.com/JenniferShutt/status/839233712105603072

though they're moving it back to next week? Maybe some edits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0jVb9TmfRM&t=59s

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/839241802355986432
:raise:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

not voting for you unless you make my healthcare SO FUKKEN BAD

I don't care about the wall, gently caress MY HEALTHCARE UP

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*votes for Trump again in 2020*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Corny posted:

Maybe they shouldn't have been obstructionist fucks at every single chance they had then - they had an opportunity to give their input and instead lied about the ACA at every opportunity, they made this bed and now they can lie in it

remember all the time max baucus wasted in 2009 trying to get his little bipartisan gang of dingbats to do a thing when the rest of us knew the republicans in the room were just stringing him along

• Locked thread