Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*the christian version of hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

so aware that you are substituting one drug for another even though you are an admitted addict :rolleyes: see you in hell, idiot

A self aware idiot who literally admitted that already. (the edit was before you posted)

I had a (probably bad) idea. I have one of those handheld weed vaporizers and I save the refuse. I don't smoke much but have been since I quit drinking. Anyway, my friend gave me his coffee grinder for his stuff and I turned the leftover stuff into powder and capped them. I took maybe 3 yesterday and had a nice low grade high that rolled in gently so I didn't get super paranoid. Paranoia is bad when you are drinking to numb everything. Anyway, I'm wondering if I just take one pill, I won't get high at all but might be a little more relaxed throughout the entire day.

The unfortunate part (really) is that I'd have to smoke a ton of weed in order to make these capsules. That would be awesome if the VA just sent me some weed pills as a medication.

Oh, day 8 btw.

edit: yeah I know trading one drug for another is bad but come on, it's weed. My doctors/therapists ask me if I'm doing drugs all the time and I say "well just weed" and they're like :rolleyes: oh ok, I meant real drugs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

so aware that you are substituting one drug for another even though you are an admitted addict :rolleyes: see you in hell, idiot

A self aware idiot who literally admitted that already. (the edit was before you posted)

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: yeah I know trading one drug for another is bad but come on, it's weed. My doctors/therapists ask me if I'm doing drugs all the time and I say "well just weed" and they're like :rolleyes: oh ok, I meant real drugs.

vvvv Sorry I formatted my post badly and fixed it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I had a (probably bad) idea. I have one of those handheld weed vaporizers and I save the refuse. I don't smoke much but have been since I quit drinking. Anyway, my friend gave me his coffee grinder for his stuff and I turned the leftover stuff into powder and capped them. I took maybe 3 yesterday and had a nice low grade high that rolled in gently so I didn't get super paranoid. Paranoia is bad when you are drinking to numb everything. Anyway, I'm wondering if I just take one pill, I won't get high at all but might be a little more relaxed throughout the entire day.

The unfortunate part (really) is that I'd have to smoke a ton of weed in order to make these capsules. That would be awesome if the VA just sent me some weed pills as a medication.

Oh, day 8 btw.

see you in hell (actually i wont because i will be in heaven)

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I tried to substitute alcohol with weed but it eventually led me to drinking again, heavier. Sorry op but u have to be sober and just deal with life sucking for a bit. Booze has hosed up your brain but if you wait long enough you will find stuff enjoyable without it again.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman posted:

I tried to substitute alcohol with weed but it eventually led me to drinking again, heavier. Sorry op but u have to be sober and just deal with life sucking for a bit. Booze has hosed up your brain but if you wait long enough you will find stuff enjoyable without it again.

ya hes a loving idiot, there is probably no point in wasting our time. he will be dead soon enough :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^^ not soon enough

I'm telling myself that I'm using it as a stopgap, but at night when I actually am high I always wonder WHY I'm doing that in the first place. It's a struggle.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sorry for not going along with you dad gay but I don't subscribe to AA and don't like people telling me I need it. I appreciate your help though. Seriously.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sorry for not going along with you dad gay but I don't subscribe to AA and don't like people telling me I need it. I appreciate your help though. Seriously.

i know its just sad to see that you havent hit your bottom yet. hopefully it will be before you are dead, but if not who gives a poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

i know its just sad to see that you havent hit your bottom yet. hopefully it will be before you are dead, but if not who gives a poo poo

Oh no. I've hit bottom. Trust me. Like seriously, suicide is about as bottom as you can get. I'm just constantly trying to work upwards and onwards.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Oh no. I've hit bottom. Trust me. Like seriously, suicide is about as bottom as you can get. I'm just constantly trying to work upwards and onwards.

you still have a computer or posting device so i would say there are some depths to mined yet

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

you still have a computer or posting device so i would say there are some depths to mined yet

Like I said. I already hit it and I'm moving up. Waking up thinking you are dead (due to trying to kill yourself) is pretty low. There are always huge troughs though. Having a broken brain is quite the hindrance though when combined with substances.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Like I said. I already hit it and I'm moving up. Waking up thinking you are dead (due to trying to kill yourself) is pretty low. There are always huge troughs though. Having a broken brain is quite the hindrance though when combined with substances.

ya you should work the steps, white-knuckling it is miserable and a recipe for failure and for us to drink/use is to die

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I guess being homeless, not able to afford alcohol, and not having the ability to kill myself would be true rock bottom.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

ya you should work the steps, white-knuckling it is miserable and a recipe for failure and for us to drink/use is to die

Well as I said I really like SMART recovery. They have tons of tools and online and in person discussion meetings..... but there is a catch. You actually have to do the homework. :shrug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Well I guess being homeless, not able to afford alcohol, and not having the ability to kill myself would be true rock bottom.

you could be a vegetable or be otherwise incapacitated yet still have some minimal brain function

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

you could be a vegetable or be otherwise incapacitated yet still have some minimal brain function

Eh, yeah that would suck pretty bad.

Also, I never congratulated you for getting your poo poo together. Obviously not there yet, you are still a poo poo poster, but you are making progress and you deserve praise for your efforts.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Eh, yeah that would suck pretty bad.

Also, I never congratulated you for getting your poo poo together. Obviously not there yet, you are still a poo poo poster, but you are making progress and you deserve praise for your efforts.

oh thanks im on day 78 and im starting to crack

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Don't do it! I'm on day 8 and the only thing keeping me going is Something Awful poster dad gay. so what going.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Don't do it! I'm on day 8 and the only thing keeping me going is Something Awful poster dad gay. so what going.

ok ill try.

im on step 4 and its a doozie of a pickle let me tell ya

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i have a lot of resentment from my 20s

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
which one is step 4

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

500 good dogs posted:

which one is step 4

resentments, fears, and shame

im a month in lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

No.

edit: wait, I'm not the OP, I just accidentally hijacked the thread, nm

I recommend Rational Recovery pennywise. It doesn't have anything to do with a higher power or whatever garbo, and while it does place the blame squarely on you for your drinking, it also gives you enough credit that you alone are enough to stop drinking

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ROFL Octopus posted:

I recommend Rational Recovery pennywise. It doesn't have anything to do with a higher power or whatever garbo, and while it does place the blame squarely on you for your drinking, it also gives you enough credit that you alone are enough to stop drinking

That's exactly what SMART is like. Yeah, I'm the only one who can change my drinking because I'm the one doing it and I'm the one that chooses to do it. Weird concept eh? :shrug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

That's exactly what SMART is like. Yeah, I'm the only one who can change my drinking because I'm the one doing it and I'm the one that chooses to do it. Weird concept eh? :shrug:

better men than you have tried and failed by relying on their self-will. you cant fix a hosed up brain with a hosed up brain, dipshit

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

better men than you have tried and failed by relying on their self-will. you cant fix a hosed up brain with a hosed up brain, dipshit

Your post rate is sitting at 4.20 posts a day. I don't think you're allowed to post about sobriety.

edit: How can that not be intentional? Is this how you limit your shitposting? Frankly I find this fascinating, please explain.

Bruce Boxlicker fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 7, 2017

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

Here's a secret. You were the one that quit. No one can quit for you.

:ssh:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Here's a secret. You were the one that quit. No one can quit for you.

:ssh:

lol my sobriety is a gift from god you stupid rear end in a top hat

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

lol my sobriety is a gift from god you stupid rear end in a top hat

Well, you got me. So what prayer do I say or what meeting do I go to so that I quit?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Well, you got me. So what prayer do I say or what meeting do I go to so that I quit?

its in the book around the step 11 part

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

its in the book around the step 11 part

Ok I'll just skip right to step 11.

From recovery.org

" 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

Step 10 requires you to commit to some kind of spiritual practice. That practice could be anything from prayer, to meditation, to reading scripture."

poo poo.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ok I'll just skip right to step 11.

From recovery.org

" 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

Step 10 requires you to commit to some kind of spiritual practice. That practice could be anything from prayer, to meditation, to reading scripture."

poo poo.

not the actual step you stupid piece of poo poo, the step 11 area of the book. its before the step 12 part, dumbfuck.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
here, this is from silkworths original manuscript you dumbass bitch retard

Step eleven suggests prayer and meditation. Don't by~ shy on this matter of prayer. Better men than we are using it constantly. It works, if you have the proper attitude and work at it. It would be easy to be vague about this matter. Yet, we believe we can give you some definite and valuable suggestions.

When you awake tomorrow morning, look back over the day before. Were you resentful, selfish, dishonest, or afraid? Do you owe an apology? Have you kept something to yourself which should be discussed with another person at once? Were you kind and loving toward all? What could you have done better? Were you thinking of yourself most of the time? Or were you thinking of what you could do for others, of what you could pack into the stream of life? After you have faced yesterday, ask God's forgiveness for any wrong. Ask to be shown what to do. Thus you keep clean as you live each day.

Next, think about the twenty-four hours ahead. Consider your plans for the day. Before you begin, ask God to guide your thinking. Especially ask that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Then go ahead and use your common sense. There is nothing hard or mysterious about this. God gave you brains to use. Clear your thinking of wrong motives. Your thought life will be placed on a much higher plane.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^ well poo poo, that sounds even more religious than the step title

I didn't know there were areas. I just thought there were steps since they're called the 12 steps. But I think the Step 11 sums it up just fine for me.

You're being a meanie. I don't want to drink right now and I don't want AA.

I want to be friends.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
every morning ask god to keep you sober, every night thank him. its not that hard, fuckface

also dont try and control poo poo.

if you need more information i would be happy to sponsor your sorry rear end you piece of poo poo

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did you ever consider perhaps just replacing "god" with "yourself"? You really seem to be getting hung up on semantics.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you were to sponsor me I have a feeling I'd be wrapped around a telephone pole in record time.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

If you were to sponsor me I have a feeling I'd be wrapped around a telephone pole in record time.

im just trying to help - ill take this back up later i need to go to the gym and then an AA meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Did you ever consider perhaps just replacing "god" with "yourself"? You really seem to be getting hung up on semantics.

This is true. I guess it's the principle of the thing. Yeah, I can say these magic words and change them to whatever I want, but then what's the point at all.

• Locked thread