Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Rainuwastaken posted:

The mythic outfit is actually a bundle that comes with the pattern, symbols, probably a color scheme, and the themed mood effect for all three slots (emote, execution and idle). You don't have to wear the outfit to get the effects.

Does it do it for only that class or for the whole faction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Just the class

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
I'm putting this game down for a while i guess.
I keep getting shunted to the match making level where you need to know all of the character quirks and the straight up broken things to succeed, and i'm getting tired of getting called a jew friend of the family human being noob

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

There's bundles that unlock the entire faction, or that entire category of hero (vanguard, heavy, etc.)
The latter is better if you just want all of the fancypants effects for every faction - just pick an archetype you like most (hybrid!!)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Not quite sure who initially mentioned Alphastrike6 as a Kensei reference but holy poo poo thanks a bunch.
I don't really give a poo poo whether people think he's good or not he's my favorite class and I'm going to keep playing him because I'm enjoying myself.

Watching actual good players sharing tips is so much better than your usual yo it's yo boy lvl 12 prestige 108 please like & subscribe.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i bought this game a day ago and holy poo poo, it has terrible connectivity issues. I've forwarded every port, open NAT, flushed my DNS cache, removed firewalls, and yet the game will give me poo poo ton of errors which boot me from 9 out of 10 matches.

Jesus gently caress, how does an AAA developer gently caress this kind of poo poo up. Little indie shops making Friday the 13th and Dead By Daylight somehow are able to figure out p2p connection poo poo.

Besides that, the game is fun when i can play it.

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011
Does anyone know when we get River Fort back? ie the only brawl map worth playing

ADTerminal fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 8, 2017

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Hard posted:

Not quite sure who initially mentioned Alphastrike6 as a Kensei reference but holy poo poo thanks a bunch.
I don't really give a poo poo whether people think he's good or not he's my favorite class and I'm going to keep playing him because I'm enjoying myself.

Watching actual good players sharing tips is so much better than your usual yo it's yo boy lvl 12 prestige 108 please like & subscribe.

I would watch that dude play any game ever. And he very obviously is loving skilled. He's got like an 80% winrate throughout every mode playing exclusively (arguably) the worst class.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

As a complete layman, how can I go about making sure I have the best NAT?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I would watch that dude play any game ever. And he very obviously is loving skilled. He's got like an 80% winrate throughout every mode playing exclusively (arguably) the worst class.

Let's not kid ourselves, raider is still the worst class

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Indecisive posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, raider is still the worst class

But somehow (according to devs) wrecks PKs.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

They might be using the Pirahna Games method of balancing (ie one of the devs got killed by a raider once hence that class needs a nerf)

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

They might be using the Pirahna Games method of balancing (ie one of the devs got killed by a raider once hence that class needs a nerf)

They apparently go by win/loss records for each class by mode, which for so many reasons is moronic.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

They've also made it pretty clear some classes were balanced around the different game modes. They specifically said Lawbringer was supposed to be very good in 4s, which is so stupid.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, no one on one combat in 4v4, don't be absurd. It's all gang ups all the time.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Has anyone else found that in Dominion modes people are absolute trash at actually fighting? I go pretty even (for my skill level) in Duels/Brawls, but when I go into Dominion modes if I'm not getting ganged up on 3v1 I can pretty reliably poo poo on people. They don't dodge or parry and just slam their overhead strong nonstop.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
What I've found for the LB in team fights is that you run around trashing multiple people and keeping them out of the fight with your shoves/hamburger flipping/charge pushing. They're really strong at controlling the pace of a fight for multiple people at once, which buys more free time for your teammates in the team fights.

If someone pops revenge you just shove them around and flip them over until their revenge expires to control their damage output, etc.

You aren't necessarily the one getting the kills, but you are really good at setting up all your buddies.

I'd still say they have less utility than the conqueror in a team fight, because I'd honestly consider the conqueror to be one of the best buddies to have in a fight. His charged strikes do ridiculous damage and he can just hold them and creep on the person that is getting ganged up on until they swing or guard break, and then hit them for 1/3rd of their hp. He can also just truck people over with his shield charge if they're busy watching the person they're fighting, and once they're on the floor both the conqueror and the other person can just ground pound them.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 8, 2017

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
When I play Warden I actively seek out 2v1 in Dominion so I can powerup my goku meter and get my revenge damage boost to kill fools in 3 hits. Sometimes I feel like 2v1s are actually easier, although early on I felt like 2v1 was a death sentence. Once you get the hang of switching targets and how the 3rd party block/parry works its own zone. Also every class seems to have moves that have VERY generous tracking when switching targets, which are key to learn for 2v1 and target switching. For Warden it's the side heavy, it gives you a pretty crazy reach as your feet coast along the floor to reach targets who feel safe out of range. I don't even have anything beyond low tier blues so I can only imagine the carnage high level gear gives (although I guess other people have more of it at that level too).

Realistically the best thing you can do as the 3rd participant in a 2v1 is to get directly behind the outnumbered guy and just spam gaurdbreak. Never light attack, and only maybe heavy attack overhand if the opponent initiates a heavy vs your teammate.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 8, 2017

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Captain Beans posted:

When I play Warden I actively seek out 2v1 in Dominion so I can powerup my goku meter and get my revenge damage boost to kill fools in 3 hits. Sometimes I feel like 2v1s are actually easier, although early on I felt like 2v1 was a death sentence. Once you get the hang of switching targets and how the 3rd party block/parry works its own zone.

Realistically the best thing you can do as the 3rd participant in a 2v1 is to get directly behind the outnumbered guy and just spam gaurdbreak. Never light attack, and only maybe heavy attack overhand if the opponent initiates a heavy vs your teammate.

Agreed. As a shield class it is so loving annoying when the other person just stands there and grabs your rear end repeatedly while you're trying to fight. If you don't counter the guard break they may throw you off a cliff while the other guy slaps you, if you counter it then the other person has an opening to slap you anyway. Plus, you don't get any revenge counter for someone grabbing you repeatedly. LBs and Conquerors doing their shield bashes/shoves/burger flips/shield charges are the most annoying fuckers here, because you don't get anything out of it and there is nothing you can do except dodge.

The best is totally when enemy #2 just runs in spamming on your guard and you can go ssj for just existing.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Played some Shugoki -> game became fun again immediately :D

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Still flabbergasted by the dev comments on raider vs peacekeeper matchup. How can you be so out of touch with your own game?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Matchmaking appears to be getting worse somehow. I'm trying do the elimination order vs. AI, but twice in a row the game has crashed because someone joined the session. 3 people in the session fighting bots, a single person joins and 10 seconds later the game errors out and dumps me in the main menu. No wonder the 4v4 modes crash so often if just a 3 player session is so incredibly fragile.

It's sad when you have to turn matchmaking off to actually get the AI orders done.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

FunkMonkey posted:

They apparently go by win/loss records for each class by mode, which for so many reasons is moronic.

That it is, the level of winrate when people are just mashing vs the level of winrate of people knowing what they are doing are two different things, yet if you smash em together you get botched results.

A good example of this is SF5 season 1, the character with the highest winrate online is M.Bison, yet for season 1 anyone with any knowledge would agree that Bison was among the worst characters in the game. However at low level spammy play, he just happened to be strong and thus won a lot.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pearnicious posted:

Matchmaking appears to be getting worse somehow. I'm trying do the elimination order vs. AI, but twice in a row the game has crashed because someone joined the session. 3 people in the session fighting bots, a single person joins and 10 seconds later the game errors out and dumps me in the main menu. No wonder the 4v4 modes crash so often if just a 3 player session is so incredibly fragile.

It's sad when you have to turn matchmaking off to actually get the AI orders done.

Yep. Real pisser here is bot matches give less XP, too.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tezzeract posted:

Played some Shugoki -> game became fun again immediately :D

Shugoki is my main and I'm loving it. Partly due to the class and partly because I'm not at the skill level where the game becomes unfun. Once I get better at GB techs, I think I'll be incredibly annoying to fight against.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Teching GBs is by far my weakest point.

Shugoki is fun. I'm still doing okay despite regularly facing prestige 5 Orochi and Conquerors and poo poo.

If I get a GB but can't Shove into a wall should I always go for Demon Ball?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Teching GBs is by far my weakest point.

Shugoki is fun. I'm still doing okay despite regularly facing prestige 5 Orochi and Conquerors and poo poo.

If I get a GB but can't Shove into a wall should I always go for Demon Ball?

You can light+head butt to sap their stam. Depends on the situation if you want damage or to make them oom (e:oos).

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

But both those are guaranteed with a GB?

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

But both those are guaranteed with a GB?

The light is guaranteed and the headbutt is unblockable, but since they're in hitstun they can't roll away from the headbutt.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Well, Kensei, you continue to tease me. I can't win against good players with you, no matter how convoluted my feinting game and hilarious cliff-based hijinks. But without you, I am farted on by even the lowliest lawbringers.

Thread, you must sell me on someone else to settle into. I've given all the classes a try and I kinda sorta like conqueror, but I miss the big meaty hits of the kensei. I sorta like PK and Valkyrie, but I miss the guard-while-dashing property of the, er... kensei. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want a class that is the kensei, but better. And since that's not in the game, I need help settling on something fun to play instead.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I'm at an MMR where all I fight are hyper-defensive wardens who only vortex. Literally the last hour was nothing but wardens both in 1v1 and 2v2 and they all did the same thing: turtle, zone, and vortex. The only way I was able to reliably counter was to turtle myself and just hop around spinning my right stick in circles.

I tried to figure out what's happening and apparently I'm in top 3% berserker or some poo poo so I'm stuck fighting streamers and pros and it's absolute diarrhea. I think I'm done. High-level play is the hidden 10th circle of hell.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

FisheyStix posted:

I sorta like PK and Valkyrie, but I miss the guard-while-dashing property of the, er... kensei.

Valkyrie automatically guards in the direction she's dashing, if that helps.

I main PK and she's good. She has a ton of tools for playing against scrubs like me. Heavy cancel into light attack bleed has a weird timing that trips up most bad / regular players, her deflect attack is easier to pull off than Valkyrie's, and at least 5 of her moves apply bleed. She can spam light attacks very quickly, and I think her dodge is one of the swiftest and buys you a lot of distance.

If you;re facing a good player she is fast enough to run away.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Red Mundus posted:

I'm at an MMR where all I fight are hyper-defensive wardens who only vortex. Literally the last hour was nothing but wardens both in 1v1 and 2v2 and they all did the same thing: turtle, zone, and vortex. The only way I was able to reliably counter was to turtle myself and just hop around spinning my right stick in circles.

I tried to figure out what's happening and apparently I'm in top 3% berserker or some poo poo so I'm stuck fighting streamers and pros and it's absolute diarrhea. I think I'm done. High-level play is the hidden 10th circle of hell.

I just wrapped up a similar experience with Lawbringer, and have not been this enraged at a game in a very long time. Losing I can handle. Losing, repeatedly, to impenetrable defense because I am so slow while dying to a plethora of guarantees that I myself do not get despite doing the same maneuvers, again due to speed issues, is just unacceptable to me. I will be back when (if) they give the class the tune-up it so desperately needs. I either utterly mop the floor with my opponent or I am stuck in a futile match where the most I can do is hope to turtle until I have revenge if I want even a prayer of victory. Neither is fun, and I have more worthwhile ways of spending my time.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am still on the road, so mostly just watching and reading. I had started on pre-patch Valk before I left. I have a couple of months between work contracts and am thinking of a Nobushi main when I get back home. (yes I know Nobushi is probably a bad choice.)

Does anyone know if Shark (Damage buff on regular attacks if bleed has been applied) stacks with other bleeds like the PK's bleeds, or is limited to the Nobushi's own bleeds?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Nobushi are quite good. They suffer from not being able to crack open defensive players, but lots of characters have that problem.

I'd assume Shark passive applies to PK (and Valkyrie) bleeds because it just says target takes extra damage when bleeding, and I assume all bleeds are the same debuff.

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, they need to quickly fix or roll-back whatever changes they deployed to consoles(PS4) today. Match-making is taking forever now, getting constant resyncing during matches, and multiple "an error occurred, returning to main menu" messages throughout the evening.

Also, color pallets (Storm, specifically) are now showing as locked, despite being unlocked yesterday.

I mean I know I'm poo poo-tier and play vs AI in Dom, but drat the everything seems to have just gone to hell since yesterday.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ive actually been having better luck today in 4v4s. In fact I don't think I've ever had a DC in 1v1s or 2v2s.

I'm in Japan though, so maybe playing with mostly Japanese players makes the p2p a little more stable.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

FisheyStix posted:

Well, Kensei, you continue to tease me. I can't win against good players with you, no matter how convoluted my feinting game and hilarious cliff-based hijinks. But without you, I am farted on by even the lowliest lawbringers.

Thread, you must sell me on someone else to settle into. I've given all the classes a try and I kinda sorta like conqueror, but I miss the big meaty hits of the kensei. I sorta like PK and Valkyrie, but I miss the guard-while-dashing property of the, er... kensei. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want a class that is the kensei, but better. And since that's not in the game, I need help settling on something fun to play instead.

Consider Nobushi, she's fairly similar to Kensei in a number of ways. She's got the same good range, a variety of dodge-attacks, good mobility, and once the enemy is bleeding her heavies hit extremely hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozenfries
Nov 1, 2012

I'm in Japan though, so maybe playing with mostly Japanese players makes the p2p a little more stable.

Ayy, me too. Connections are p. good. What platform are you on?