Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

The last time Kenny Britt was allowed close to home he was busted for smoking weed at car wash in Hoboken.

He seems like the type of guy who needs to stay away from his friends on the east coast.

That sounds like a fun day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers resigned Charles Johnson to a two year, 9.5 mil dollar contract extension.

I'm not sure who had a worse starting set of DEs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress this. I'm super loving pissed if that's true.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/839253358493958145

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kenny Britt is going to add no value to the team and if he's our answer to "WR is a bad position for us" then Howie needs to be fired into the sun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers resigned Charles Johnson to a two year, 9.5 mil dollar contract extension.

I'm not sure who had a worse starting set of DEs

Man I really wanted TB to sign him last year. Phew. Robert Ayers is much better.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'd be cool with the Eagles signing Britt & Alshon. Rolling out them with JMatt & Ertz.

Draft OJ Howard. Get a RB in the 3rd or 4th.

Wouldn't be against it.

Yes, our CBS are the worst in the league. But they weren't the true problem last year. Our recievers were our true problem.

There was no offense around Wentz. They have the o-line. Our receivers are just garbage.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

89 posted:

I'd be cool with the Eagles signing Britt & Alshon. Rolling out them with JMatt & Ertz.

Draft OJ Howard. Get a RB in the 3rd or 4th.

Wouldn't be against it.

Yes, our CBS are the worst in the league. But they weren't the true problem last year. Our recievers were our true problem.

There was no offense around Wentz. They have the o-line. Our receivers are just garbage.

I've gotten aboard the OJ Howard bandwagon as well. I definitely think they go him or one of the top WRs at 14, no question. Weapons for Wentz

e: \/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 8, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ChadwikoRCC/status/839249622082072576

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Two bad front offices means this could be a trade for everything from #2 overall to a 2nd round pick and I won't be surprised by anything.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I am a little weary of the fact they have said it's super duper done look how done it is for weeks now.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

Two bad front offices means this could be a trade for everything from #2 overall to a 2nd round pick and I won't be surprised by anything.

Whoever's working the phones gets herpes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Apparently Adrian Peterson is interested in the Seahawks because he's still close to Darrell Bevell

Cool, the last ex-Vikings skill position player worked out so well for Seattle

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Apparently Adrian Peterson is interested in the Seahawks because he's still close to Darrell Bevell

Cool, the last ex-Vikings skill position player worked out so well for Seattle

It would be pretty cool to have AP follow in Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens' footsteps by retiring as a Seahawk. I'm happy to have him. Got him in the nuts once, I noticed.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/839253710345814016

Adrian Peterson's son, on the other hand, wants as little to do as possible with OAK or any other tree.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If Cousins is really intent on not signing I can sorrrrrta see why you get what you can instead of paying $25m for one year of a qb you can't build around

This is still pretty ridiculous though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

shirts and skins posted:

Adrian Peterson's son, on the other hand, wants as little to do as possible with OAK or any other tree.

Hope he signs with the Raiders so warcrimes can go full hypocrite

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, AD would be cool and all, but he's probably going to be way too expensive compared to his age for the Patriots.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Hope he signs with the Raiders so warcrimes can go full hypocrite

Look it's not really domestic violence when it's your son.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

shirts and skins posted:

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's not really a dirty late hit to a QB when it's Ben Roethlisberger

.... ok I can kind of get on board with that one

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diqnol posted:

Kenny Britt is going to add no value to the team and if he's our answer to "WR is a bad position for us" then Howie needs to be fired into the sun.

This reminds me of when the Chiefs signed Donnie Avery.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's crazy that Kenny Britt is only 28, feels like he's been around forever.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I have, or rather had, family in Nevada (that's Ne-VA-duh) Missouri. I need to ask them how long this has been a thing and if they've attended.

e: They're the side of the family who swear we're related to Jesse James and are incredibly proud about it
Drove there over the weekend to sell my daughters no longer needed crib. Pretty sure I delivered it to a methlab.

Oh well, got paid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

:golfclap:

Benne posted:

It's crazy that Kenny Britt is only 28, feels like he's been around forever.
Yeah really. Him and Packman Jones are still around even though it feels like the Titans drafted them in the 90s. Its probably just because the Titans are so forgettable.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/839271588734373889

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
kenny britt was elite once people forget that

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Metapod posted:

kenny britt was elite once people forget that

I didn't forget about the years everyone thought Britt was the next T.O. I just remember all of the other poo poo that happened, too. He did okay in LA last season. We'll see. I'm trying to not be pissed about it and am horribly failing.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Britt belongs in a situation where he is the third or fourth receiving option, playing a role as a clearout guy and deep threat on the outside

A situation like Dallas

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
There's a photo of Britt at the podium of a Rutgers press conference and he looks like a cartoon character, I hope someone finds it and posts it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kenny Britt is so old he was taken 1 spot after Hakeem Nicks.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I still can't believe Kenny Britt got over 1000 passing yards on the Rams last year. I have a hard enough time believing the Rams even had 1000 passing yards.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Doyle getting 6.3mil per, but no word on guaranteed money. A bit more than I'd like, but Allen is on the precipice of getting cut and what cost can you put on keeping him away from the Pats, really?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Eltoasto posted:

Doyle getting 6.3mil per, but no word on guaranteed money. A bit more than I'd like, but Allen is on the precipice of getting cut and what cost can you put on keeping him away from the Pats, really?

Yeah I mean it's no RJF or Trent Cole or Andre Johnson deal where we know it's bad from the start. I don't see us replacing him for that price so good keep IMO.

After the retirements, it's probably like only 15% of available cap.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I remember when Kenny Britt hulked out for one game and had like 200+ receiving yards and 3 TDs. That was cool.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Intruder posted:

If Cousins is really intent on not signing I can sorrrrrta see why you get what you can instead of paying $25m for one year of a qb you can't build around

This is still pretty ridiculous though

From what I read he'll sign but he's not giving up the $25m, while the Redskins are like "what if we offer you $20m this year, guaranteed, and everything else is not guaranteed?" and other terrible deals given they're already stuck paying him $25m for this year.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Man I dont like the gresham signing but every other shot the cards have taken at TE has been a bust. At least he's younger than I thought he was

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Diqnol posted:

doesnt this depend on how much the spend on him?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at mike lombardi's REBUILDING PLAN for each team on the Ringer which is basically "get good players."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

doesnt this depend on how much the spend on him?

Not if they call it a day after signing him which is an alarming possibility.

• Locked thread