Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fojar38 posted:

history books are going to record that americans asked for government health care, upon receiving government health care they spent 8 years demanding the government take it away. the government then took it away, and they were infuriated that their government health care had been taken away. then they died

*flips open future history holo tablet and selects "united states"*

*it is a single gif, *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Trump threatening a bloodbath while his voters are simultaneously bombarded with ORyancare propaganda is just the best

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol we are gonna have russian style healthcare

vodka and lotion to drink for the poors, private ambulances and real bandages for the rich

USA USA USA USA

actually those ambulances will be covert limos for the rich to bypass traffic :smug:

thanks russia

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/VP/status/839205290151133185

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah

pregnancy was a preexisting condition until OBAMCAMRE

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sorosforprison/

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Just lol if you're a woman in the US without a copper IUD, hormonal birth control, and a stash of morning after pills.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fojar38 posted:

history books are going to record that americans asked for government health care, upon receiving government health care they spent 8 years demanding the government take it away. the government then took it away, and they were infuriated that their government health care had been taken away. then they died
the rise of the chinese communocapitalist empire is caused entirely by white anglo-saxon protestants voting themselves into early graves :discourse:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this makes no sense at all

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

what does this even mean

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AARP is already triggered as gently caress because of them gutting the rule that financial advisors must prioritize their clients best interest. Will be amazing if they keep enraging olds

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bethamphetamine posted:

Just lol if you're a woman in the US without a copper IUD, hormonal birth control, and a stash of morning after pills.

lock up ya pills, mike pence is in the house!!!!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you can keep obamacare but it must go away

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/839215753714892800

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

didnt pregnancy used to be a preexisting condition. I think it was.

yes, but again, pre-existing conditions can't be excluded from coverage even under this new trumpcare thing, so waiting until you need care and then paying the penalty still makes sense

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

financially racist posted:

what does this even mean

Mike Pence's brain has some smooth spots.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/839215753714892800

e: gently caress you yinlock :argh:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

didnt pregnancy used to be a preexisting condition. I think it was.

i remember the people who were losing their health insurance when the insurer found out they had received acne treatments decades earlier when they were teenagers

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

if you like your obamacaer, you can keep your obamacare, but your obamacare muts go - mike pence, wordsmith

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Solarin posted:

AARP is already triggered as gently caress because of them gutting the rule that financial advisors must prioritize their clients best interest. Will be amazing if they keep enraging olds

The AARP will soon find out nothing matters as yet another cornerstone of America politics is demolished

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Bethamphetamine posted:

joke's on you I'm a forever alone virgin

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
THEY ARE RETREATING. VICTORY IS OURS!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Duscat posted:

yes, but again, pre-existing conditions can't be excluded from coverage even under this new trumpcare thing, so waiting until you need care and then paying the penalty still makes sense

lol that will never be in the final bill.

Insurance wont work if they have to cover preexisting conditions but healthy people arent forced to sign up

THAT WAS THE ENTIRE loving POINT

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

tigger please

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
non-stop linguistic killshots

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

that's about what I expect from Pence to be honest

Take all sides of the issue and sound both firmly principled but also accommodating, and as long as both of these prerequisites are there then whether or not it makes any kind of sense is secondary.

Point it out and he'll just shake his head and chuckle

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

am i still alive

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

Take all sides of the issue and sound both firmly principled but also accommodating, and as long as both of these prerequisites are there then whether or not it makes any kind of sense is secondary.

"you whipped out that tweet thing again"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

again fascism 101

you're uh not supposed to put the opposing statements that close together though

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Today a homeless African-American gentleman called me a "colorblind angel" for the way in which I treated him when he spoke to me.

gently caress all yall who say every Trump supporter is racist. And gently caress hypocrite Liberals who espouse tolerance and acceptance and then avert their eyes or brush past people at the very bottom of society who neoliberalism doesn't consider worth helping.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Shugojin posted:

am i still alive

lmfao we're all dead, we're just figments in the dying dreams of Donald Trump in 2012 after his heart attack at the WH Correspondence Dinner.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm so glad Pence is out of my goddamned state, but less glad that he's a heartbeat away from being the most powerful man in the world

His replacement has been quietly dismantling all Pence's stupid insane poo poo and being surprisingly okay on the whole, though of course the bar for Republicans to be okay is so goddamned low right now

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

euphronius posted:

pretty good gamble if your male i guess

women can get pregnant at any time after puberty asn then what lol

My second son born without complications cost 28,000$

Well if you're keeping it, you wait the 5 or 6 months and then get insurance right before giving birth on the best plan available , take the 30% extra surcharge, then drop it again after a month. They can't deny you

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Fojar38 posted:

"The field of history can be broadly divided into two categories, pre-United States and post-United States. In the pre-United States period, historians generally wished they could know more about the people who lived in those times. In the post-United States, they wished they could know less."

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Vladimir Putin posted:

Institute the Swiss solution. Everybody required to have insurance. If you don't buy no instant penalty. If you need healthcare and you don't have you get retroactively charged for the most expensive plan.

that's still basically just a penalty though

the most sensible way to fund a single payer system would be the same way as for everything else, through a progressive tax

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Eh he's just trying to paint senators that don't vote for the new bill as liking Obamacare, which would be political poison I guess?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Trumpenproletariat posted:

Today a homeless African-American gentleman called me a "colorblind angel" for the way in which I treated him when he spoke to me.

gently caress all yall who say every Trump supporter is racist. And gently caress hypocrite Liberals who espouse tolerance and acceptance and then avert their eyes or brush past people at the very bottom of society who neoliberalism doesn't consider worth helping.

ah yes the ol' "i have a black friend so how can i be racist" bit

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol

• Locked thread