Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
North Florida can shoot a little bit and isn't shy about trying huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So who will the committee gently caress by misseeding Wichita this time?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm rooting for North Florida because a few years ago they lost to Iowa and after the game the North Florida coach did this brutally honest takedown of Iowa and it was funny. Actually, at the time it was very frustrating, but looking back, it's funny.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Mighty Wildcat of Northwestern is going to get completely and utterly blown out and owned by Purdue on national TV and absolutely no one cares because they're going to the tournament

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/jorcubsdan/status/838500577990553600

Dunk City Bitch :getin:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i will miss northwestern's awful poo poo-barn arena

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Mighty Wildcat of Northwestern is going to get completely and utterly blown out and owned by Purdue on national TV and absolutely no one cares because they're going to the tournament

No. I believe in Chicago's Team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Scottie Lindsey is BACK

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Dakota Mathias is so loving good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Dakota Mathias is so loving good

it sucks getting owned by Basketball Smashmouth

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hell yeah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

could not care less that they lost that game, way more competitive than I thought even with Law having a total garbage game.

Dererk Pardon owns.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Monmouth went down again :smith:

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
whole lotta IU Crean chatter leaking out of Bloomington

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Great Autismo! posted:

whole lotta IU Crean chatter leaking out of Bloomington

i hope iowa does their part and beats the piss out of Indiana on Thursday

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

10 seed Milwaukee went 4-14 in the Horizon League, but they have won their first two conference tournament games and have a halftime lead tonight in the semifinal game. Let's all root for the madness of the last place team getting the autobid!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Nolan Arenado posted:

10 seed Milwaukee went 4-14 in the Horizon League, but they have won their first two conference tournament games and have a halftime lead tonight in the semifinal game. Let's all root for the madness of the last place team getting the autobid!

I think they're going to pull it out!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Milwaukee went 1-1 in the regular season against Northern Kentucky, the 4 seed they will meet in the finals. :getin:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

That Horizon Tournament may be the single wildest knockout event I've ever seen. So far Northern Kentucky is the only team to win a game as the higher seed. And they're a 4.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's really a win/win in the Horizon. Northern Kentucky has only been DI since 2012 and they have never made the NCAA tournament. I can't root against Milwaukee, because they are the last place team, but it's a cool result either way.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

Coached by an accomplice to Lickliter's attempted assasination of Iowa basketball, so hard pass on this

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MourningView posted:

Coached by an accomplice to Lickliter's attempted assasination of Iowa basketball, so hard pass on this

Lmao I love you man.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
is that the guy who excuses players when they poke dozens and dozens of players in their eyes?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Remember when Dan Dakich called Adam Woodbury a gutless coward on national television and then doubled down on it the next day? Good times...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Nolan Arenado posted:

Remember when Dan Dakich called Adam Woodbury a gutless coward on national television and then doubled down on it the next day? Good times...

Not surprising. Dan Dakich is a tremendous piece of poo poo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

is that the guy who excuses players when they poke dozens and dozens of players in their eyes?

It was not and also I fear you are being badly cheated when buying donuts

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rooting for Boston college is not very much fun, you guys

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nolan Arenado posted:

lol Dakich owns

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

It was not and also I fear you are being badly cheated when buying donuts

1 is too many fyi

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone know what the worst regular season record a team had while still making it into the NCAA tournament because they went on a tear and somehow won their poo poo conference tourney?

Hey I asked this question a couple days ago. Well if Milwaukee wins the Horizon League Championship today they will be the first team to ever make the NCAA tourney with 20 losses! 12-23 to be specific.

Lets go losers!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Milwaukee only down 3 with a minute left, in other news NKU's nickname is "the Norse" so that's rad too

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dang Milwaukee, so close to being the worst tourney team ever.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Gonzaga seems to finally have woken up from that weird BYU game.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
This UNO-SDSU game (ESPN2) is back and forth (under 5 min now)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If South Dakota State gets a 16 seed, I feel sorry for the 1 seed. In the past ten games they've been a completely different team and Daum is incredibly good.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Probably a 15, but yes. Fun fact: Daum almost got cut from the team after redshirting as a freshman, he was so bad

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Nolan Arenado posted:

If South Dakota State gets a 16 seed, I feel sorry for the 1 seed. In the past ten games they've been a completely different team and Daum is incredibly good.

I hope it's loving Gonzaga.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

Probably a 15, but yes. Fun fact: Daum almost got cut from the team after redshirting as a freshman, he was so bad

Their RPI is pretty poor due to the earlier season losses when they were lovely, it's at #165 right now, which is more in line with projected 16 seeds than 15s. Maybe the committee will decide to take recent performance as a heavier factor and slot them up, they certainly aren't playing like a 16 now.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

If Texas Southern, NC Central, UC Irvine, and one of the top Southland seeds (preferably New Orleans) win through, it'll be a really strong set of lower seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If you figure the #1 seed has a 99% chance of winning, there is only like a 25% chance that none of the #16 seeds would have won by now, I think this is the year!

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 8, 2017

• Locked thread