Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

plus Chibi Robo Zip Lash for $7.29 if you feel like rolling the dice: https://www.amazon.com/Chibi-Robo-Zip-Lash-Nintendo-3DS-Standard/dp/B00Z0DNVZ8/

What does this mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Chibi Robo Zip Lash is not a very good game.

LBX is fine, it's Level-5's take on Custom Robo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

US dudes, LBX Little Battlers Experience for $8.88 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/LBX-Little-Battlers-eXperience-Nintendo-Standard/dp/B00Z0DNXKG/

plus Chibi Robo Zip Lash for $7.29 if you feel like rolling the dice: https://www.amazon.com/Chibi-Robo-Zip-Lash-Nintendo-3DS-Standard/dp/B00Z0DNVZ8/

LBX is fantastic robot-battling fun, and well worth a purchase.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's yet another non-gameplay trailer for Level-5 next mixed-media franchise, Snack World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmoN3_6sUak

For those who forgot or don't know, it's a party-based action-RPG with an amiibo-esque NFC keychain gimmick; the anime begins airing next month, with the 3DS game out in July and the smartphone ports recently delayed to the end of the year, and Level-5 confirmed they'd be releasing it internationally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXKl-PqiYDE

Level-5 already has another cross-media franchise lined up to roll out after this one because they're loving insane.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Here's yet another non-gameplay trailer for Level-5 next mixed-media franchise, Snack World:

For those who forgot or don't know, it's a party-based action-RPG with an amiibo-esque NFC keychain gimmick; the anime begins airing next month, with the 3DS game out in July and the smartphone ports recently delayed to the end of the year, and Level-5 confirmed they'd be releasing it internationally.

Level-5 already has another cross-media franchise lined up to roll out after this one because they're loving insane.

Oh yeah, that... thing. Didn't they announce it like two years ago then go completely radio-silent on it til now?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Fun Times! posted:

I burned out on Fantasy Life pretty quick because every crafting skill uses the same exact mini game. You get the option to automate stuff as you level up but ymmv I ended up returning it for credit towards the new Story of Seasons game, which I'm enjoying a lot more.

You don't have to do every job. The items can be bought in stores.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have they explained what this is about? I can pick up a few things like what the characters do, but why is it called Snack World?

Also I like the song in the trailer.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey guys, i know it's ideal to have both systems for a transfer, but It's looking like it'd be way easier to sell my 3ds XL and use the money to buy a new one. If i take my giant 32 gb sim card out of my gameboy can I use my sim card reader to transfer to data to my Nu3DSXL? or does that not work because they use different memory media?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Without a system transfer the card contents won't be worth poo poo, as I understand.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the SD card contents are normally encrypted in a way that would prevent you from doing the thing you want to do.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey guys, i know it's ideal to have both systems for a transfer, but It's looking like it'd be way easier to sell my 3ds XL and use the money to buy a new one. If i take my giant 32 gb sim card out of my gameboy can I use my sim card reader to transfer to data to my Nu3DSXL? or does that not work because they use different memory media?

Sorry dude. It's not just ideal, it's required. You have to have both systems on hand to do a transfer. SD cards are encrypted to work with that system and that system only.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh yeah, that... thing. Didn't they announce it like two years ago then go completely radio-silent on it til now?

They talk about the IP fairly regularly but haven't spent a lot of time talking about the game - the footage I posted was from last year's Leve;-5 Vision event and that's pretty much all the public footage there is.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have they explained what this is about? I can pick up a few things like what the characters do, but why is it called Snack World?

I don't know for sure but I think the "snack" thing is just goofy English and is meant to imply "bite-sized" or "easy to enjoy".

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's back! http://www.focus-home.com/en/news/1...resh-new-images

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are those games actually good or is it an ironic thing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Are those games actually good or is it an ironic thing
The answer to that question depends on whether you're german or not.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They talk about the IP fairly regularly but haven't spent a lot of time talking about the game - the footage I posted was from last year's Leve;-5 Vision event and that's pretty much all the public footage there is.

I don't know for sure but I think the "snack" thing is just goofy English and is meant to imply "bite-sized" or "easy to enjoy".

That makes a lot sense considering the platforms. Although I was hoping it meant some sort of chef premise where you collect ingredients by beating up monsters and get disappointed every time trailer pops up.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 8, 2017

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

That makes a lot sense considering the platforms. Although I was hoping it meant some sort of chef premise where you collect ingredients by beating up monsters and get disappointed every time trailer pops up.

Burger Time RPG is the great franchise revival that never happened

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Credit where it's due, I actually quite like the pseudo-stop-motion animation style with the characters.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah you have to do a System Transfer or your SD card won't work in the new system. Also, if you did it that way, any digital purchases you have would have to be transferred manually by calling Nintendo (and you'd need to give them the old serial # and the new serial #). Unless you're planning on trading it in, I don't see why you can't buy the new one, perform a System Transfer and then sell the old one. If you are trading it in, they might let you do a System Transfer in the shop (assuming they have wifi).

Also keep in mind that the New 3DS XL does not come with a charger/AC adapter, so if you're selling the old one you'll either need to buy a 2nd charger, or sell it without one.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah you have to do a System Transfer or your SD card won't work in the new system. Also, if you did it that way, any digital purchases you have would have to be transferred manually by calling Nintendo (and you'd need to give them the old serial # and the new serial #). Unless you're planning on trading it in, I don't see why you can't buy the new one, perform a System Transfer and then sell the old one. If you are trading it in, they might let you do a System Transfer in the shop (assuming they have wifi).

Also keep in mind that the New 3DS XL does not come with a charger/AC adapter, so if you're selling the old one you'll either need to buy a 2nd charger, or sell it without one.

This all seems Pants-On-Head... but I want them Hyrule Warriors so... =(

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo won a court case in Canada against a reseller of circumvention devices with the new anti-circumvention laws Canuck politicians passed in parliament. Unsurprisingly Nintendo is pleased, but that's just one front in the War Against Piracy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
feefef

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 14, 2017

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Is there still new old stock of original DS games or is everything bootleg now?

I was checking out some old DS games on Amazon (Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun, TWENEY as examples) and they're​ still readily available from affiliates. I might pick up some ones I'm missing but not interested in bootlegs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know Square Enix's website sells new sealed copies of DS games like Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quests, and probably TWEWY. Hell, they still have some new PS1 games.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
1654/1667 puzzle pieces and haven't got a new one in the last 100 street passes. can't use coins either. it was all a giant waste of time.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Any news or reviews about mario sports, it is out tomorrow in the UK but I have heard nothing about it, except the sports that are on it and that you can buy amiibo cards.

What I want to know is:

Is it good?
How does the golf/tennis compare to the standalone games?
Is there online?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

nerd_of_prey posted:

Any news or reviews about mario sports, it is out tomorrow in the UK but I have heard nothing about it, except the sports that are on it and that you can buy amiibo cards.

What I want to know is:

Is it good?
How does the golf/tennis compare to the standalone games?
Is there online?

It's probably fine? I'm under the impression that they wanted to make another Wii Sports, and put it on the 3DS instead of the brand new console with motion controls for reasons nobody can fathom.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Nintendo Life gave it a 5/10 and I find they usually score things too high, so uh

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

Nintendo Life gave it a 5/10 and I find they usually score things too high, so uh

Oh dear, I read the review it sounds like it's one to avoid. Think I will buy Mario golf instead

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well that's a goddamn shame.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Sudden Javelin posted:

I saw a review on youtube and the reviewer was really dissapointed. It's sad because I was looking forward to sportsing on my 3ds. So much potential for this to be a great game, and it sounds like they really half-assed it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WienerDog posted:

I saw a review on youtube and the reviewer was really dissapointed. It's sad because I was looking forward to sportsing on my 3ds. So much potential for this to be a great game, and it sounds like they really half-assed it.

It'll sell tons regardless so I don't think they care :shrug:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Seems like the end of the life cycle they always release a half rear end sports compilation. Didn't the Wii have one with a bunch of random sports that got bad reviews?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

TheKingofSprings posted:

It'll sell tons regardless so I don't think they care :shrug:

Case in point: Mario Maker 3DS still ended up selling a ton even though even though it was pretty much gutted compared to the WiiU version.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A bad game that sells well would probably sell better if it were good

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The consensus on Mario Sports Superstars is pretty much what you'd expect - there's nothing to the package outside of what they've shown in trailers and they're banking on the number of sports to make up for the lack of single-player content.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHoHsy0c300
Zelda breath of the wild stuff in MHXX

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr. Fetus posted:

Case in point: Mario Maker 3DS still ended up selling a ton even though even though it was pretty much gutted compared to the WiiU version.

Thanks for this. Was wondering which version to get.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

All you need to know about 3DS Mario Maker is that it doesn't have online stage sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Honestly I picked up Mario Maker for the Wii because I heard it had built-in levels with the user levels as a neat extra, but it turned out that they were about the time it takes to clear SMB so I'd have been much happier with the 3DS version from what I've heard.