Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Gammatron 64 posted:

*sigh*

This whole post makes me long for the sweet release of death

Don't get me wrong, I don't find myself in the SJW/tumblr-tard category that I can't even enjoy something because of those things. Lord knows it's throughout some of the best seasons of The Simpsons and that will always stand as my favorite show ever. But that's added in with the already weak character development that's rampant in anime ("That creep who's trying to make a move on me seems like a total dickwad"....5 episodes later "OHMYGOD HE'S DEAD AND I LOVED HIM I MISS HIM SO MUCH") certainly doesn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

LemonLimeTime posted:

Don't get me wrong, I don't find myself in the SJW/tumblr-tard category that I can't even enjoy something because of those things. Lord knows it's throughout some of the best seasons of The Simpsons and that will always stand as my favorite show ever. But that's added in with the already weak character development that's rampant in anime ("That creep who's trying to make a move on me seems like a total dickwad"....5 episodes later "OHMYGOD HE'S DEAD AND I LOVED HIM I MISS HIM SO MUCH") certainly doesn't help.

It's fine, I just see people spewing out SJW buzzwords and I instinctively groan and get the urge to put a pistol in my mouth.

I actually kinda don't care about Gunvolt's storyline and thought it was kinda lame. I have the 2nd Gunvolt downloaded but haven't even bothered playing it, so that's about how passionate I about about Azure Striker Gunvolt. It's just that whenever someone is like "I'm mad about X thing because politics" I'm like "oh goddamn it here we go"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's fine, I just see people spewing out SJW buzzwords and I instinctively groan and get the urge to put a pistol in my mouth.

I actually kinda don't care about Gunvolt's storyline and thought it was kinda lame. I have the 2nd Gunvolt downloaded but haven't even bothered playing it, so that's about how passionate I about about Azure Striker Gunvolt. It's just that whenever someone is like "I'm mad about X thing because politics" I'm like "oh goddamn it here we go"

It must be nice to live in a world where you can do that. Meanwhile I'm living every goddamn day in genuine loving fear that friends of mine are going to be deported or lose basic human rights or that I'm going to lose health care I need to stay alive, but god loving forbid it ever comes up in a way that interferes with your lovely Megaman clone because someone might bring up that it's doing something lovely.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 8, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It must be nice to live in a world where you can do that.

Yeah, it's called "living under a rock" because I've basically quit social media and stopped watching TV because of this poo poo. It's nice, more people should try it.

ImpAtom posted:

Meanwhile I'm living every goddamn day in genuine loving fear that friends of mine are going to be deported or lose basic human rights or that I'm going to lose health care I need to stay alive, but god loving forbid it ever comes up in a way that interferes with your lovely Megaman clone because someone might bring up that it's doing something lovely.

Oh goddamn it, here we go. Well, see you later, Mega Man thread.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, it's called "living under a rock" because I've basically quit social media and stopped watching TV because of this poo poo. It's nice, more people should try it.

Yeah, how loving nice for you. I'd be loving glad to be able to ignore the world around me and not have to wonder if I'm going to be dead next year.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Imagine being this guy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, it's called "living under a rock" because I've basically quit social media and stopped watching TV because of this poo poo. It's nice, more people should it.

Stuff is pretty awful for people even if you personally ignore it.

On topic: Any tips for Mega Man 1? I don't know how I beat this poo poo as a 6 year old.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

On topic: Any tips for Mega Man 1? I don't know how I beat this poo poo as a 6 year old.

It's a genuinely badly designed game. Just exploit anything you can.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Did other people not realize years ago that Gammatron was one of those guys who unironically uses the term SJW and was a big gamergater?

I had the misfortune of reading his huge rant about how women were ruining Transformers fiction a while back. It was a sight I wouldn't wish on others.

Anyways, back to Gunvolt, that last discussion made me want to replay it and I'm sad my good computer is currently kaput. Maybe by the time I get it fixed GV2 will be out on Steam.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gammatron 64 posted:

You made this a thing you realize? Had you not got your panties in a bunch this wouldn't have happened.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Did other people not realize years ago that Gammatron was one of those guys who unironically uses the term SJW and was a big gamergater?

I had the misfortune of reading his huge rant about how women were ruining Transformers fiction a while back. It was a sight I wouldn't wish on others.

Anyways, back to Gunvolt, that last discussion made me want to replay it and I'm sad my good computer is currently kaput. Maybe by the time I get it fixed GV2 will be out on Steam.

Have they said Gunvolt 2 is coming to Steam or is it just a "well, the first one came so..." thing?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, how loving nice for you. I'd be loving glad to be able to ignore the world around me and not have to wonder if I'm going to be dead next year.

Aw for gently caress's sake man, a lovely Mega Man clone isn't going to kill you.

Donald Trump's policies might though. Whatever, don't blame me, I voted for Hillary. Nothing I can do about it now, sorry! P. S. I think you're insane and people like you are why I grow increasingly more moderate. Who knows, maybe I'll be dead too. At the rate we're going and how insane everyone is getting, that's a big possibility. I'd rather not dwell on that.

All right, that's my cue to exit this thread stage left before I get tarred and feathered. Might as well try to enjoy life while you're still alive and not fret about poo poo you have no control over.

Sorry, you can return to Mega Man now, I've obviously worn out my welcome

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

lol what? Please gimmie a link about this rant because I have no clue what you're talking about

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, it's just an assumption based on the first crossing over. I'd hope they'd do it, I really want to get my hands on it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Aw for gently caress's sake man, a lovely Mega Man clone isn't going to kill you.

Donald Trump's policies might though. Whatever, don't blame me, I voted for Hillary. Nothing I can do about it now, sorry! P. S. I think you're insane and people like you are why I grow increasingly more moderate. Who knows, maybe I'll be dead too. At the rate we're going and how insane everyone is getting, that's a big possibility. I'd rather not dwell on that.

All right, that's my cue to exit this thread stage left before I get tarred and feathered. Might as well try to enjoy life while you're still alive and not fret about poo poo you have no control over.

lol what?

Aw hunny you were never moderate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: Editing this out because it's genuinely too angry for this thread. Sorry.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah, it's just an assumption based on the first crossing over. I'd hope they'd do it, I really want to get my hands on it.

Well, it seems like a safe assumption. Gunvolt 2 is a lot better than Gunvolt 1.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 8, 2017

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:yikes:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh believe me that poo poo drives me nuts too. I had a mutual friend come over and she pulled Being John Malkovich off my movie shelf because she'd never seen it and we were all trying to figure out a movie to watch. (and it's one of my favorites) 15 minutes in she's complaining she hates all the characters and I'm just:

Wes Anderson movies have also been problematic for her because characters like Steve Zissou are deeply flawed. The point I think I was trying to make is, characters can be shitheads as long as the overall material is engaging, well written and paced. Something that practically all of Anderson's movies are despite often having some pretty screwy protagonists. (which I still find extremely entertaining)
People like her are just impossible.

Anyways, back to talking about the Blue Bomber.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 8, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I apologize for that derail, thread. That's what I get for poking beehives.

If any mods are reading this and want to probate me, feel free. The Internet... really kinda sucks. And these are trying times. And this poo poo gets me loving depressed. I'm probably better off not posting here.

I wish I grabbed a screencap of ImpAtom calling me complete scum. I used to be liberal as gently caress but this kinda poo poo just keeps driving me further and further away. I'm sure he\she\it means well, but I'm just so tired of all this pure frothing rage and insanity. I started seeing this poo poo, noticed I was doing it, I looked myself in the mirror and went "Oh God, what have I done?"

I kinda stopped using twitter because of the constant hate and abuse on there... maybe I should stop using these forums, too. God, it just isn't worth it. Especially in a thread about freakin' Mega Man games.

And what's funny is LemonLimeTime is taking it well and being totally rational and I think we're on the same page here, it's just Aces Cures Planes and ImpAtom being batshit crazy and telling me I should die. Yep, I'm definitely an alt-right nazi gamergater when I vote for Bernie Sanders then Hillary Clinton. Okay.

You guys can now return to Mega Man. Sorry for that poo poo.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 8, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No one cares about your pity party. If you don't want to derail don't do it instead of trying to end it and get the last word.

Just talk about mega man ya baby.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 8, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wish I grabbed a screencap of ImpAtom calling me complete scum. I used to be liberal as gently caress but this kinda poo poo just keeps driving me further and further away. I'm sure he\she\it means well, but I'm just so tired of all this pure frothing rage and insanity. I started seeing this poo poo, noticed I was doing it, I looked myself in the mirror and went "Oh God, what have I done?"

Then I'll say it again.

You are complete scum. You're telling people who genuinely can't ignore the world that they should ignore the world and acting smug and self-satisfied by it. Then you're wringing your hands about how it makes you 'less liberal' because... someone isn't nice to you? Look at what you're saying. Right now, look at your post. Look how goddamn spoiled your posts are. You have the ability to shut off the news and not care about how any of that stuff impacts you and for some reason you lack the ability to understand that that doesn't apply to everyone else.

I assumed you were going to drop it but if you're not then you're going to get a genuine answer. You're acting like a selfish child who thinks that plugging their ears and pretending things aren't happening is a solution for everyone.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Then I'll say it again.

You are complete scum. You're telling people who genuinely can't ignore the world that they should ignore the world and acting smug and self-satisfied by it. Then you're wringing your hands about how it makes you 'less liberal' because... someone isn't nice to you? Look at what you're saying. Right now, look at your post. Look how goddamn spoiled your posts are. You have the ability to shut off the news and not care about how any of that stuff impacts you and for some reason you lack the ability to understand that that doesn't apply to everyone else.

*sigh*

I'm not acting smug, I'm just saying that being a loving douche doesn't exactly win me over and actually does the opposite.

Hey mods? Do me a favor. Just probate my rear end. This isn't worth it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Then I'll say it again.

While at the same time asking everyone to feel sorry for him because the evil SJWs are insane for some reason? I haven't actually nailed down what he is actually upset about. Either way the irony alludes him. As his aggressiveness out of nowhere started this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm not acting smug, I'm just saying that being a loving douche doesn't exactly win me over and actually does the opposite.

Okay.

So you want people to be nice and care about you and play to your tender innocent feelings but you don't want to care about or empathize with anyone else? Why do you think you have the right to act like a douche and everyone should give you a pass on it, but in reverse you expect me to go "oh gosh Gammatron, I'm sorry, I didn't consider your feelings."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Stuff is pretty awful for people even if you personally ignore it.

Get the magnet beam as early as possible and abuse that poo poo.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
My favorite Megaman is the third one, it has no charge shot or Metal Blade, that's why I like it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Get the magnet beam as early as possible and abuse that poo poo.

Also don't play MM 1

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

skipThings posted:

My favorite Megaman is the third one, it has no charge shot or Metal Blade, that's why I like it

Metal Blade 4 Lyfe

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I don't like the games where one weapon is absurdly better than everything else and renders all the others obsolete.

This includes the games where it is the default weapon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also don't play MM 1

It's probably one case where there's zero reason to not play the remake on PSP instead, yeah.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Until recently i had only played x1 x3 x4 and x5. I had gotten really good at x3 back when and knew the order to go in to kill those 3 guys and get zeros overpowered sword. But for some reason i enjoyed x3 a lot less once i got around to playing x2 and im not sure why.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

But for some reason i enjoyed x3 a lot less once i got around to playing x2 and im not sure why.

Fat Zero.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
MM1 is rough on the edges (yes, understatement), but it's still a fun game to play as long as you abuse the gently caress out of the select button.

Played the PSP remake once. Enjoyed it and went back the original.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's me, I'm the one who likes Zero more as a tank loaded with weaponry. At least in the X series. Ultra nimble Zero series style is fine by me too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Until recently i had only played x1 x3 x4 and x5. I had gotten really good at x3 back when and knew the order to go in to kill those 3 guys and get zeros overpowered sword. But for some reason i enjoyed x3 a lot less once i got around to playing x2 and im not sure why.

It might have to do with this thing I noticed while replaying it recently:

Lurdiak posted:

With all the tools the game gives you (up-dashing, unlockable ride armors, armor part chips, summoning Zero to sub in, Zero's saber) it's a shame it also heavily restricts your use of them. Most ride armors can be used for like one screen, Zero will teleport out the second he sees any kind of door (and perma-die if you gently caress up while playing as him), the chips can mostly be gotten really late in the game (and 'optimal' play means getting none of them so you can get the golden armor when the game's 99% done), zero's saber is similarly inaccessible until the end game... The game's really afraid of letting you have fun with all your toys.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dabir posted:

Imagine being this guy.

I need to be able to sleep, please don't say this sort of thing.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I recommend starting with Bomb Man, whose stage and fight I always found pretty easy. Fire Man's also a popular choice- the stage is harder, but the fight's cake.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Uncle Wemus posted:

I kind of had the opposite experience. I played the games in sequential order, and I remember being really perplexed when I came to X3. I did not like it anywhere nearly as well as the previous games, but outside some of the more obvious flaws, I couldn't really articulate why.

More than anything, I think it comes down to level design. X1 has extremely strong level design, and X2 might have the best in the series. X3 level design is incredibly inconsistent. Blizzard Buffalo and Electric Fish are pretty good, but most other stages are really poor.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also most of the music isn't very good

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shantae Half-Genie Hero got a free hardcore mode update: remixed bosses, more/harder enemies, rebalanced magic, faster auto-scrolling sections, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsovUTop6ho

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pureauthor posted:

Also most of the music isn't very good

The music is so bad.

The music is so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Then I'll say it again.

I assumed you were going to drop it but if you're not then you're going to get a genuine answer. You're acting like a selfish child who thinks that plugging their ears and pretending things aren't happening is a solution for everyone.

What the gently caress, dude? I get it, you're recently woke 'cause you started posting in DnD, doesn't mean you should call people scum when they overreact to charged buzzwords like SJW. Gammatron posts all over this board, maybe I missed something, but wow.