Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
With how far this game went into android/AI chat, its weird they didnt get Gaogaigar in here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

KoB posted:

With how far this game went into android/AI chat, its weird they didnt get Gaogaigar in here too.

Extremely depressing, you mean.

Though Might Gaine has more AI's than GaoGaiGar.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

AIs are a major part of every Yuusha show and to be honest Might Gaine puts a bigger focus on them than GaoGaiGar does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Why didn't you say "Might Nine"
gently caress youre right

KoB posted:

also big o

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

KoB posted:

I think it works out better this way. Most of the GGG robots are fairly well defined characters, while Mightgaine and his buddies basically aern't, at least not in the show. Mightgaine benefits much more from an AI girlfriend than Mike Sounders or Enryu.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Not that I don't want Mike Sounders to find someone special, but Mightgaine really needs to socialize with someone who isn't his pilot .

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Schwarzwald posted:

I think it works out better this way. Most of the GGG robots are fairly well defined characters, while Mightgaine and his buddies basically aern't, at least not in the show. Mightgaine benefits much more from an AI girlfriend than Mike Sounders or Enryu.

Hey, Mike Sounders would benefit immensely from an AI girlfriend. Sing about the power of love, Mike!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Hey, Mike Sounders would benefit immensely from an AI girlfriend. Sing about the power of love, Mike!

Mike Sounders/Sharon Apple OTP

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Mike Sounders/Sharon Apple OTP
I'm not sure I want to hear what a mashup of Information High and Power of Desire sounds like.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

On the other hand I played the entire game and dont know a single thing about the like 8 robots that make up the two I barely even use in battle.

At least in GGG its just "The blue/red/green/yellow one"

Also I didnt mean REPLACE MG with GGG, nothing wrong with both. And having "basically more machine than man" Guy in could have been interesting.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Caphi posted:

I don't use Nadesico units outside of the ship.

Use Akito too. He's nuts.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
But then where will I find space to bring the entire Hero Express Line?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

bacon flaps posted:

Use Akito too. He's nuts.

Words almost fail how nuts he is. If you're deploying the Nadesico, it's foolish not to deploy him with his half upgrade bonus.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I'm at the point where I'm done acing gimmick pilots and just steamrolling things with Mazins/Getter/etc. Emperor G and ZERO are so beautiful. Makes me want to cry. Also slows down my playing cause I can't help but watch the animations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

bacon flaps posted:

I'm at the point where I'm done acing gimmick pilots and just steamrolling things with Mazins/Getter/etc. Emperor G and ZERO are so beautiful. Makes me want to cry. Also slows down my playing cause I can't help but watch the animations.

Final Breast Nova is just so amazing.

Particularly with the dynamic kill. Which you're basically always getting, because Final Breast Nova murders almost everything.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The DK for Final Breat Nova is hilariously vicious and I love it.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
You can tell the animators absolutely loved being the first folks to get a crack at animating these metal gods. Holy poo poo.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

Final Breast Nova is just so amazing.

Particularly with the dynamic kill. Which you're basically always getting, because Final Breast Nova murders almost everything.

FBN regularly scores upwards of 45k damage once I turn on all my damage buffs (Valor + 1.4x Crit + Kouji's Ace Bonus + 170 Focus), which is loving insane. For reference, Perfect Cannon is doing something like 32k before Maito throws out a a second attack.

KoB
May 1, 2009
It still wont compare to Koji, but Perfect Cannon isnt Maito's final attack.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Amuro: "I thought Invaders and Newtypes were the same thing up until now, but maybe there is something different I just hadn't noticed."

Hmm. Giant bug monsters from outer space and people with greater spatial awareness who develop psychic powers. I wonder what that difference is.

Okay, he's actually talking about Innovators as it's the scene where Setsuna tried to talk to the ELS but they attacked and Tieria lost his body saving him (and he has a spare so you get a choice as to whether or not he's staying with the Raphael or being Setsuna's subpilot) but the translation messed up. Not mad though, kinda funny.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I was way behind on the Gunpla thread and only just learned theyre doing a model kit of the Raftclans. :allears::allears::allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This translation is mostly really good, but there are lots of little inconsistencies if you go looking them. Like Vivian's boomerang being Bunbunmaru in the attacks list but lil' boom boom during her battle quote for it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Defiance is a bad skill but it is basically the only thing Hathaway has going for him in terms of why you shouldn't give his rear end out of the Xi and give it to someone else.

Defiance is essentially a meaningless nothing skill since it will never trigger against anything but overleveled bosses. The two things he has going for him are potentially being tied to some very good secrets(Missile Pods, Penelope, Alpha Azieru) and having a very cheap Bravery. Those are actually pretty big plus points.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
And I missed all three of those on this initial playthrough. gently caress.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I didn't touch Hathaway and still got the missile pods and Penelope.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Well then I super hosed up!

Got some other stuff including God-King Bonta-kun, FAZZ, Unit 13. How do you get the Alpha-Azieru?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Oh Snapple! posted:

I didn't touch Hathaway and still got the missile pods and Penelope.

When did you get them? The "secrets" for these are getting them early, you get those for free at like stage 50 even if you didn't trip the flags.

bacon flaps posted:

Got some other stuff including God-King Bonta-kun, FAZZ, Unit 13. How do you get the Alpha-Azieru?

What I did to get it:

1. In the stage with Loni in the Shamblo, have both Hathaway and Banagher fight her(they have dialogue), then have Banagher shoot her down. Do it again once she regenerates.
2. In the final battle against Neo Zeon on the Space split in the late 30s, have either Hathaway or Banagher(I used Hathaway) use the Persuade command on Loni in the Alpha Azieru. Then have them both fight Loni at least once and then have Hathaway shoot her down.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Oh I went Mazin route. Worth though, that poo poo was cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Meanwhile, on the Cross Ange Route, you get to save Jill.

:geno:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Pureauthor posted:

Meanwhile, on the Cross Ange Route, you get to save Jill.

:geno:

Well

Uh

She has a neat Ace Bonus!

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
They are gonna make a kit of our main's Robot right? It's cool and I kinda want one. Plus love the description being that it's more like a gun with legs than a robot with guns. Even if the pilot needs to put more clothes on. I was sharing images of the game on FB last night and a friend commented on her tie. I responded I'm surprised they decided to actually hide some cleavage because of it. Baby steps for Japan dork media I guess. Baby steps.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

They are gonna make a kit of our main's Robot right? It's cool and I kinda want one. Plus love the description being that it's more like a gun with legs than a robot with guns. Even if the pilot needs to put more clothes on. I was sharing images of the game on FB last night and a friend commented on her tie. I responded I'm surprised they decided to actually hide some cleavage because of it. Baby steps for Japan dork media I guess. Baby steps.

It's not very common for Banpresto Originals to get kits unfortunately. Some absolutely have but it's usually the big ones.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I have been purposely spreading my kills around to get more aces, so Chitose is my only great ace. Are there pilots with notable great ace skills?

edit: Just read that great ace bonus is universal (ExC+1, SP 75% when sortied).

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It's not very common for Banpresto Originals to get kits unfortunately. Some absolutely have but it's usually the big ones.

I know there are Ex Exbein and Li Brasta kits out there.

I need to hear more about this Raftclans kit. It can swordfight with my Grungust Type-3 :allears:

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

bacon flaps posted:

I hate that I have to ask this and I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer, but you mean the Full Armor Double Zeta and not the mobile suit from Sentinel that's known simply as "FAZZ", right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Son Ryo posted:

I hate that I have to ask this and I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer, but you mean the Full Armor Double Zeta and not the mobile suit from Sentinel that's known simply as "FAZZ", right?

That is correct. Full Armor ZZ, not FAZZ.

FAZZ is the most annoying unit to exist because of exactly that.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

That is correct. Full Armor ZZ, not FAZZ.

FAZZ is the most annoying unit to exist because of exactly that.

As I recall, the FAZZ was essentially the prototype for the Full Armor ZZ anyway, so it at least makes sense.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Captain Rufus posted:

It's like she only owns the Sexy Halloween versions of clothes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wish Velt and Lottie had been the actual mains instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i don't, chitose is cool

• Locked thread