Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

JB50 posted:

needs more blood.

"Wtf did all the blood come from, why is there a hole in the middle of the chairrrrr...... oh poo poo, my rear end in a top hat just puckered like its never puckered before"

my thought process on that pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

P sure that ain't what blood looks like.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

JB50 posted:

needs more blood.

Is this what happens when the hydraulic cylinder in the middle fails catastrophically?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Olothreutes posted:

Is this what happens when the hydraulic cylinder in the middle fails catastrophically?

I don't know about that image in particular but the problem with that happening some years ago was the Chinese using (i dont recall specfically) an explosive gas in the cylinder.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JB50 posted:

needs more blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ukh4rvtLOo

The part at the end where the surgeon shows all the chair parts he removed form the guy's butt is delightful.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JoelJoel posted:

P sure that ain't what blood looks like.

What makes you doubt it? Looks like regular old butt-blood splatter to me? :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

I don't know about that image in particular but the problem with that happening some years ago was the Chinese using (i dont recall specfically) an explosive gas in the cylinder.

That explains the scorch mark on the floor.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What do the asterisks in the accident transcripts mean? Swearing?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

iroc.dis posted:

I don't know about the breaking poo poo part but allegedly last year my site was losing $100k per month in tools that employees were stealing.

That's beautiful.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This terrified the gently caress out of me until I realized it was the ships bow crashing into an oncoming wave.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just some guys gonna feel real dumb when they get to where they're going

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Crossposting from the badass thread and I don't remember seeing it here, this is a video of people being amazing at their jobs. Some of it's really cool but a lot of it is OSHA as poo poo. And the dude with the bandsaw straight up makes me wince.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
As I'm from Mississippi:

Efexeye posted:

i'd make sure my last word was a Ric Flair 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!'

I concur.

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Good last words:
-"Say goodnight!"
- "Put pepperoni on my tombstone!" :clint:

Both the most homoerotic and most disappointing thing I've ever linked to from these forums.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

xoFcitcrA posted:

Crossposting from the badass thread and I don't remember seeing it here, this is a video of people being amazing at their jobs. Some of it's really cool but a lot of it is OSHA as poo poo. And the dude with the bandsaw straight up makes me wince.

If by "amazing at their jobs" you mean "approaching the efficiency of a simple machine, often at great physical cost and danger", then I guess these are amazing?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

a kitten posted:

I feel like doing that every time I see one of these on the road when I'm on my bike:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Fasdar posted:

If by "amazing at their jobs" you mean "approaching the efficiency of a simple machine, often at great physical cost and danger", then I guess these are amazing?

You must be a loving delight to hang out with.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

xoFcitcrA posted:

That butcher on the band saw... :stare:

Those things are designed to slice easily through meat and bone. And guess what... That is exactly what your fingers are made of!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

packetmantis posted:

What do the asterisks in the accident transcripts mean? Swearing?

One of the early pages had a legend, asterisks are indecipherable, # are curses, @ is private info redacted (usually names), etc

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

RyokoTK posted:

You must be a loving delight to hang out with.

Ok the drywall crew is actually pretty amazing.

Nevertheless, I watch quite a few of these types of videos and I still think that being "good at" most of the jobs featured here means either a) moving with a particular style or flair that increases the quality of the customers' experience (which is always good) or b) moving like a robot. The problem is we're not designed for robotic movements over too long a period of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLQlGG0LDs&t=251s

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

a kitten posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-yGdxk3VY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LADv8JYZncg

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

You see this happen in Amsterdam all the time with dumb tourists, but this guy decides to play chicken with an oncoming tram while he does it. A+

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

spankmeister posted:

You see this happen in Amsterdam all the time with dumb tourists, but this guy decides to play chicken with an oncoming tram while he does it. A+

Every now and then here in Melbourne Australia there'll be some driver who tries to push in front of a tram and come off a poor 2nd best in the fight. Trams weigh about 30 tons and have a lot of momentum behind them.
Also if you cut them off they can't swerve to avoid you. :v:

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Welcome to the steel mill, let me be your guide:

*Edit* how the gently caress do you make webms preview properly on mobile

Sormus fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 8, 2017

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Hot thtuff, comin' thru!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Isn't the water just going to conduct the heat faster on to their bodies?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No, the evaporation of the water has a cooling effect.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

spankmeister posted:

Okay, but what's happening faster though? The conduction of heat through the water, or the evap-cooling effect?

I don't know the physics of it, I'm just thinking of it like grabbing a hot pan with a dry cloth is fine, whereas grabbing it with a wet cloth is almost as bad as grabbing it with a bare hand.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

At oven mitt temperatures, yes.

With visibly glowing steel, no. The water rapidly boils and creates an insulating layer of vapour.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

I feel like doing that every time I see one of these on the road when I'm on my bike:

What is this thing?

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

SinineSiil posted:

What is this thing?

Crop sprayer

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Phuzun posted:

Crop sprayer

Didn't know they got this high, but I guess it makes sense with some crops

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SinineSiil posted:

Didn't know they got this high, but I guess it makes sense with some crops

It's been spraying a lot of weed lately.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Gorilla Salad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh0KfQpwg5s

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Not entirely OSHA, but:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/onoway-water-chemical-pink-1.4013808%5C

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUEy55r49fY

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

JB50 posted:

needs more blood.

Thought this was the Charlie Hebdo massacre for a moment...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

spankmeister posted:

Last I checked, steam burns are a bitch.

We are on well water and this would happen if the water filter's backwash cycle was interrupted.
It sucks hopping into the shower the morning after a power outage only to bathe in purple water.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

IT BURNS posted:

Thought this was the Charlie Hebdo massacre for a moment...

Je Suis Injured Butthole