Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'd just introduce the dlc classes when Ryoma joins up, since it's not like the stat boosts from that will be able to make anyone stronger than him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohmygorgon
Jul 13, 2016
I would wait until they are promoted before introducing DLC classes, since they are closer to promoted classes in growths and stats, but you could also do it as soon as they are around level 19/20 to save the Master Seal. Or, you could wait until Revelations before showing any of them, where some units want to be a little better to stand out from the rest.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Please promote Oboro to Great Lord

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So we're only gonna mess with heart seals for now?

It's understandable that OP wouldn't want to grind out support ranks, but messing with friendship and partner seals opens up so many doors.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Endorph posted:

I'd just introduce the dlc classes when Ryoma joins up, since it's not like the stat boosts from that will be able to make anyone stronger than him.

I think you forgot when Ryoma joins

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Are you going to kill me now? It has to be you... Don't let anyone else do it.
No, Camilla. I can't just kill you in cold blood.
Won't you even put a defeated enemy out of her misery? Aww, that's the Corrin I know. So sweet and innocent.
But then...why did you betray us, Brother? Tell me! Why are you fighting for Hoshido?

Right, so this should've been obvious but no one knows about the 12 attempted murders on Corrin outside of Garon and Hans. Maybe Iago. Probably Iago.

King Garon was manipulating me. Possibly for as long as I've been alive!
What?! How so?

Maybe Corrin was naive because of family influence

The sword he gave me before I left the castle was cursed. He knew I'd fall in with the Hoshidans and get close to the queen.
That's when the sword exploded, killing her and dozens of innocent people.
But...but what would have happened to you, Corrin?

Garon surely didn't care if I died, as long as his plan inflamed relations with Hoshido.
How DARE he even THINK about harming a hair on your precious head! To think that Father has been up to such evil... I can't believe it.
I'm sorry, Corrin. I had no idea.

Trees? OH NO

Hold! Who's there?
Stay right where you are, traitor. And please stop trying to brainwash my sister.

Oh gently caress off, Hans

Leo! I'm glad you're here. Camilla and I have something to-
Enough. Sorry for the delay, Sister. I'll take over from here.

*Camilla protects Corrin*

Sister... Listen carefully. He's fooling you. Do not allow him/her to do so!
But...
Please stand back, Sister. Your wounds are serious. You should be resting.
I'll take it from here... I'm the only little brother you have left, after all.
Leo...
Listen up, Corrin! I'm coming for you and all your friends. That's the only way to fix what you've broken. If you don't want to be my brother, fine! I'll erase you from my heart forever!
No!

*General hits Leo*

Argh!
What's happening?
Who are you?
Wouldn't you like to know?

Heh. And how do you propose defeating us with so few soldiers?
What are you talking about?
Soldiers! Sally forth!

*Reinforcements arrive*

Look at those pathetic losers. We can take 'em, no problem.
Where did you come from? When did the resistance get this strong?
Milord, we must retreat. We don't have a chance against these numbers.
drat it! If Camilla weren't injured, we could make a stand... But I think you're right. We have no choice but to leave.
This isn't over, Corrin!

*Leo, Hans, and Camilla retreat*

Whew...
Ha! They turned tail and ran! I guess the Nohrian royal army isn't so tough after all!

No problem. I'm Scarlet, by the way.
Nice to meet you. I'm Corrin from Hoshido.
So you're the leader of this resistance force we keep hearing about...
Yeah, that's us. Even though we live in Nohrian territory, we can't stand Garon.
That's why we're on your side. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?
Heh. Heh.
Oh, and you're the brave soldier who was first on the scene. You weren't scared of Leo at all, were you? I wish I could say we were as brave.
You still don't know who I am, do you?
No. Should I?
Wait...it can't be...

How the hell did you fit all that hair in that

Ryoma! Boy, are we glad to see you!

Units Joined

Ryoma

Class sets: Starts as Swordmaster (Samurai), Sky Knight
PSkill: Bushido-When user is the lead unit, if their Level is higher than their support unit’s Level, Critical rate +10, damage +2 and damage received -2

Growth Rates
HP: 60
STR: 55
MAG: 5
SKL: 65
SPD: 65
LCK: 55
DEF: 35
RES: 35

Meet literally the best character in Birthright and arguably in Fates overall. Incredibly powerful unique weapon, great growths, and an amazing PSkill that's incredibly easy to activate.

Scarlet

Class sets: Starts as Wyvern Lord (Wyvern Rider), Outlaw, Knight
PSkill: In Extremis-When user’s HP is under a quarter, Critical rate +30

Growth Rates
HP: 40
STR: 60
MAG: 20
SKL: 55
SPD: 60
LCK: 45
DEF: 45
RES: 20

Well, in the high chance that your Rinkah isn't good enough to handle all those axes, Scarlet is here with great bases, an excellent class in Wyvern Lord that's unique for Birthright, and can get powerful abilities like Luna off her alt classes.

And she comes with a Killer Axe in case you sold off every axe long ago.

Tae fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 8, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Never really used Scarlet much. The Killer Axe is great though.

Never really used Ryoma much either; wanted the game to still have SOME challenge.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Everyone else will talk about how beastly Ryoma I'm sure, so I'll post about Scarlet: she's great! Wyvern Rider and its promotions are, at least IMO, the best classes in Fates, with excellent bases and growths allocation. She's a much better Axe wielder than Rinkah, and she comes with D lances as well, which combined with flight and high Def lets her cheese an upcoming chapter even harder than Ryoma ever could. Str+2 is a simple but effective skill to start off with, and Lunge is a fantastic positioning skill. She has all around good growths and bases, 8 Movement, a rare (for Birthright) weapon type and flight, what's not to love!

Shame she suffers from the Corrinsexual curse though, she's also one of my favourites character wise and I'd like to have seen more supports with her.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Tae posted:

Kaze has more HP than everyone but Corrin, Oboro, Kaden, and a pre-promote.

Sounds kinda like Azura in my new run. She isn't even level 19 yet and she's got 8 defense and 20 HP... what the hell?

Anyway, character stuff.

Ryoma - You know how some characters lead by example? Ryoma is one of them- he's an absolutely INCREDIBLE unit no matter how you look at him. He's not too bad as a character, either.

Scarlet - Well, at least she has more appropriate growths than Rinkah. She could probably do with more HP though. I'm not too fond of her as a character due to Avatar-sexuality; she'd probably be higher in my lists if she had other supports. From what I can tell, lots of people ship her with Ryoma despite their lack of a support. Maybe it's like Awakening's Chrom and Cordelia...

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I'm normally pretty averse to deploying prepromotes who only support with the main character (I never really gave Flavia, Basillio, or Say'ri much of a chance), but Scarlet is cool enough to make it in regardless.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Yeah Scarlet kicks rear end. She's strong, tanky, can fly, her design is cool, etc. I don't think her personal skill is great - a higher chance to randomly crit isn't worth being near death. But whatever, she's good enough to overlook that and her lack of supports (and thus her lack of flexibility re: re-classing, but her available classes are already pretty diverse).

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Ryoma does have one major draw back. He's really bad at feeding lower level units exp to catch them up. Anything he touches is too dead for someone else to finish off.

Scarlet looks super rad and its a bummer that she's such a nonentity plot wise, right down to her single support.

e:

ajkalan posted:

Yeah Scarlet kicks rear end. She's strong, tanky, can fly, her design is cool, etc. I don't think her personal skill is great - a higher chance to randomly crit isn't worth being near death. But whatever, she's good enough to overlook that and her lack of supports (and thus her lack of flexibility re: re-classing, but her available classes are already pretty diverse).

she comes with a killer axe, so the idea is that she tanks until shes low, then her pskill + killer axe lets her go to town with berserker like crit rates.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 8, 2017

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

FoolyCharged posted:

Ryoma does have one major draw back. He's really bad at feeding lower level units exp to catch them up. Anything he touches is too dead for someone else to finish off.

I've already stated my opinion on "feeders," haven't I?

FoolyCharged posted:

she comes with a killer axe, so the idea is that she tanks until shes low, then her pskill + killer axe lets her go to town with berserker like crit rates.

Now I'm wondering how crit-spammy a Berserker Scarlet would be...

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Tae posted:

Well, in the high chance that your Rinkah isn't good enough to handle all those axes, Scarlet is here with great bases, an excellent class in Wyvern Lord that's unique for Birthright, and has synergy with her class set in getting Bow Breaker off Bow Knight/Adventurer.

In Fates Bowbreaker is the level 15 skill for Sorcerer, not Bow Knight. Because...? I don't really know.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I married Scarlet on my Birthright run, and the support is actually surprisingly nice. She's a pretty good unit, though kind of a boring mom.

Ryoma's boring. Maybe one day I'll try reclassing him to something really goofy, but that would require replaying Birthright or Revelations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FELD1 posted:

In Fates Bowbreaker is the level 15 skill for Sorcerer, not Bow Knight. Because...? I don't really know.

Bow Knights get Shurikenbreaker which is a much better skill.

The whole point is that the classes that get the breaker skills are those whose main weapon is already effective against.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Scarlet is a character that definitely did not get a good chance to develop

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I dunno, just spitballing here. Let's put the limit to 2 heart seals, because I want to save my money. Also keep in mind that Saizo and Reina are on the chopping block for the next mission (Reina mostly because she by far lead all polls in votes).

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

We should make Takumi a spear fighter and use his fujin yumis terrain bonus to be a dude slipping through the woods spearing stuff.
Azama should clearly get our second seal so he can hulk out proper like.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Since Kaze clearly wants to tank up and be a front liner, make him a Samurai. We already dropped the other two.

I dunno, Lper's choice for the other?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Yeah I agree with sealing Azama. He's probably going to get forgotten or phased out if he stays a healer and his growths are too good not to put to use.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm personally in favor of using heart seals on Azura and Ryoma for no reason beyond "let's gently caress with units that clearly weren't meant to be hosed with and see what happens"

ohmygorgon
Jul 13, 2016
I'll vote for Azama as Apothecary and Ryoma as Kinshi Knight

Despite having weird growths, most of these units don't have very good secondary classes, so I'll go for one that makes sense, and one that does not.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Azura should probably get a Heart Seal at some point between the three runs, since as good Dancers are she's just gonna be doing the exact same thing in Conquest and Revelation LPs otherwise. And of course because 60/80/80 offensive growth, holy poo poo.

I'd like Azama to get a Seal in Birthright at least though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'll agree with Azama

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
If its only 2 then Azama and Azura. Might as well screw around with Azura and her silly growths while we can easily do it. And Azama hulking out is never not funny and fun to use.

If there was a third I'd say Corrin just cause I think staying in the lord classes all game is dull. Even if they are unique.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ah, Ryoma. I have rather interesting experiences using him and his 65% Skill growth. In that said growth rarely triggers for me. Case in point, note the 18 Skill he has now; I managed to get him up to level 15 in one run (mostly for Logbook purposes), and he only managed to get 3 points of Skill during that time. True, Raijinto can pretty much deadlift even a bad Ryoma into being viable, but...man, Ryoma has been weird for me as a unit.

But yes, the more important question on hand: how the gently caress did Ryoma fit all his hair into a typical General's suit of armor?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

azama and kaze

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

inthesto posted:

I'm personally in favor of using heart seals on Azura and Ryoma for no reason beyond "let's gently caress with units that clearly weren't meant to be hosed with and see what happens"

I agree completely with this. Azura and Ryoma.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I vote to change Reina because a) that should stave off her elimination for at least one more map and I'd like her to stay, and b) one of the re-class options uses Reina's bow rank and it's a good class besides.

Then obviously you'd have to change Ryoma to Kinshi Knight to make up for Reina's change!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

How about Azama and Azura?

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Azama to Apothecary and Ryoma to Kinshi Knight

One good reclass, despite the bowlock, and one... less good reclass (Ryoma is still probably good in Kinshi though tbh)

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Reina and Ryoma. I wonder if Ryoma gives his mount a crazy mane to match his own ridiculous hair?

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Azama and Azura

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
Azama and Kaze. Both clearly want to be on the front lines.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Azama and Corrin

Look, Corrin clearly wants to be speedy, so let him be speedy. Give him some of those swords you've got; take pressure off Silas. I also want to see how beefy Azama gets.

Not voting for Azura, as I want her to get one of the DLC classes; same with Mozu.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Have you been seeing Sakura's levels so far?

Sakura into a Sky Knight and Rinkah into a Ninja because it's funny.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Azura and Kaze

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Make. Mozu. An. Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I like Azama's shtick so put him on the frontlines, and let's make Azura take to the skies.

I'm down for reclassing Ryoma eventually, but I only own Conquest and I want to see just how OP OG Ryoma is.

• Locked thread