Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Wow the drops for this event are all over the place. I use 1 of my bonus and a friend bonus constantly in Pro and get an average of 340. I just did it and got 280...

Then I do ELT and get 303... Back to Pro I go!

Doesn't help that I don't have a team that trounces this quick on ELT.

Also people that put up Bonus units as their companion, and then don't put loving steal on them should rot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

Wow the drops for this event are all over the place. I use 1 of my bonus and a friend bonus constantly in Pro and get an average of 340. I just did it and got 280...

Then I do ELT and get 303... Back to Pro I go!

Doesn't help that I don't have a team that trounces this quick on ELT.

Also people that put up Bonus units as their companion, and then don't put loving steal on them should rot.

I don't put steal on Queen, people can put it on one of their own (less damaging) units. :colbert:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Burn the witch!

I've run into the bomb 3 times. No Nimbus though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I don't put steal on Queen, people can put it on one of their own (less damaging) units. :colbert:

:yeah:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Where's that emoticon from?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Where's that emoticon from?

:yeah: is from miiverse, where it works as the "like" button. the best part in miiiverse is it changes depending on the mood of the post (a post marked as sad has it become "yeah..." and a shocked one as "yeah?!")

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That's pretty neat. Thanks for the lesson. :yeah:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily pull, 3 star, 4 star.....5 STAR

Queen. Neat. She any good aside poking things with stick repeatedly?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shoenin posted:

Daily pull, 3 star, 4 star.....5 STAR

Queen. Neat. She any good aside poking things with stick repeatedly?

Nope, she's the worst 5 star. TM is kinda nice, but with Shine available its not as critical.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
well poo poo

least I have a farmbot

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Remember with the exclusive materia that you can get it now and pull the character off banner later. They are probably all somewhat worth grabbing now except Queens which isn't that good.

Good advice.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

*sits here staring at the Thunderfall materia with no one to use it on*

edit: I don't think it's bad advice though

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well this is a weird bug. So I just finished an arena run and all of my rewards for it were already claimed, but they didn't go into my inventory. What the gently caress.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Figure I might as well put up my ID so people have more Queen's for this brain-numbing event.

781 070 227

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
yeah same here
for the first time since I even started this game, I willfully do not have Rydia as my leader since worst 5* helps people farm for this dumb event.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Nope, she's the worst 5 star. TM is kinda nice, but with Shine available its not as critical.

20% more HP is more useful than 20% evasion since there's plenty of hard hitting trial attacks you can't dodge. I'll probably add Queen to my 2nd round of TM farming along with a pair of Gafgarions and Locke. Though by the time Locke's TM farmed CoD might be so far out of use it won't matter.

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
So Freya's TM says it protects against instant death attacks. Anyone know if it works on Gilgamesh's?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Gilgamesh casts instant death every few actions who you want to hit Cecil/Provoke Tank , giving him the trident means he'll be unable to seal water on the turns he gets revived.

I think you want 2 - 3 sealers, someone who doesn't mind dying a lot and someone on full-life duty and then a mana battery mixed in there too as you have to be hitting all 5 elements every single turn if you want to avoid the hybrid attacks.

E: whoops, not refreshed the page since last night before sending this

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Quality Control posted:

So Freya's TM says it protects against instant death attacks. Anyone know if it works on Gilgamesh's?

The item description lies, it does not actually do this, and Gumi has yet to fix it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sorry for piling on the theorycrafting, but it should be noted, this is a tough fight even without the element gimmick thrown on. I think 80% of players won't find it feasible until later power creep. You'll want:

-as much HP or high HP units as possible (think 4K plus)
-an expendable unit with Provoke to eat the instant deaths
-Defense and Spirit buffs, as he uses Hybrid damage (which also means your tank will not cover units)
-some form of breaking, or at least magic break as that's the only one he's not immune to
-dispel

As for the elements:

quote:

Fire seals: Demon Blade Muramasa: 190% ST (Single Target) Fire Hybrid + ATK/DEF Debuff 50% + Osmose ST

Water seals: Magic Sword Masamune: 190% ST Water Hybrid + INT/SPR Debuff 50%

Wind seals: Tornado Whirlwind Sword: 190% ST Wind Hybrid + 100% ST Paralysis + 50% Fire/Water/Wind/Light Resist debuff ST

Earth seals: Keiestuken: 75% HP Earth ST

Light seals: Excalibur: 220% ST Light Hybrid: ST Confuse 100%

At 3 separate HP thresholds (80%, 50%, 30%), he will use a 500%AoE Hybrid attack, Dispel the entire party, and Instakill a single target. Additionally at 50%HP he'll start doing more damage with regular attacks (from 160% to 170%).

Finally, he can easily double or quadruple his Defense/Spirit.

As far as elemental coverage goes, you could bypass Earth by casting Barstonera/using Marie. It'll heavily mitigate the damage.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Removed some long overdue inactives from my list so I have a couple slots open:

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 7, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So have we heard yet when Tillith and Maxwell are getting 6 stars?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Remember with the exclusive materia that you can get it now and pull the character off banner later. They are probably all somewhat worth grabbing now except Queens which isn't that good.

the amount of units that had event exclusive materia i didnt buy but then later pulled the unit off banner is staggering, and i am now going to buy every event materia that seems decent, to prevent myself from ever pulling those units off banner in the future

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So have we heard yet when Tillith and Maxwell are getting 6 stars?

There was a time when we could somewhat guess based on the Japan release order, but it's really no longer possible. We've veered so far off course that we are our own meta now. Who the hell knows when anybody is getting an upgrade or when a unit gets released. Gumi puts out a video preview every once in a while that teases future updates, but it's typically stuff that's under a month of being released. Maybe we'll get a new one in a few weeks, who knows. And never mention Orlandu anymore or Gumi pushes it back another week month.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

So pretty much all the generic units below 3* are worthless right? What's the best thing for me to do with those? Enhance them into other units or just sell them?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There's some good Trust Masteries from Friend Point units. Dragon Killer is good, Aquan and Stone Killer aren't bad but they aren't as common as dragons, HP+10% is good unless you have a few HP+15%s from the last couple events, Escape helps with some events where you don't want to grind tough random encounters, Camouflage can help protect weaker units, and Banish is not total garbage for all the random challenges that are "deal light damage" or "use banish". e: You do need to pull 21 to mash together to get a TM and most of the better TMs are on rarer units so it'll take time to make them. /e:

You can also get them to max level via exp vortex or mini metal cactuars and then sell them for some decent change if you're low on cash. I don't think they'll ever be worth mashing into other units for EXP.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ubiquitus posted:

So pretty much all the generic units below 3* are worthless right? What's the best thing for me to do with those? Enhance them into other units or just sell them?

Friend summons are only good for their TMs and to sell.

The important ones are: Any Killer, HP +10%, Camouflage. Get one or two copies of the situational abilities: Sunbeam, Stonra, Escape, Drink, Raging Fist.

If you want a quick bunch of Gil, you can run the 1*s through the chamber of experience to max them, and sell them for more. Personally I just sell anything I'm not actively trying to get a tm from

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ubiquitus posted:

They are worthless as units to play story or event content with, but there are a few things to note. Their primary purpose is to smush them together to earn their trust master reward. That said, the majority of those TM's are kinda worthless as well. Still, most of us collect at least one of each for Sperg reasons. The important TM's to go after are the four or so "killer" materias such as Dragon Killer, Stone Killer, etc. These grant a huge bonus in damage to their respective bosses and can be very useful in end game content. They are also more "rare" to be pull in the "friend point" summon. Then there is is the Sunbeam materia which is good damage, easy to chain, and blinds enemies. There is raging kick and HP +10%. Camaflouge and escape are useful in niche situations. The rest is garbage.

You also may want to consider maxing out your friend points in anticipation of the quarterly FP event where you can summon cactaurs to level up faster. Though honestly I'm probably not gonna bother unless it gets a boost considering we now have the maze, King Mog tradeins, and a boosted cactaur dunes.

When your happy with your materia haul from FP summons, you'll get to a point where you just sell them for cash.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I fuse all the one that have max trusts. It's not nearly as good as cactaurs but it's an easy way to bang out a few levels and if you TM macro farm with any regularity you'll have plenty of gil to use. That's just me though and I've always got units lined up for leveling.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I feel bad for you guys who skip the story, this stuff is good silly fun.

Veritas of the Flames being grumpy about smug butterflies was good, along with basically everything else about him.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Decided a few more rolls to fill out the rest of these Type-0 scrubs so I can farm this dooky faster. Got em all now
also finally drew loving WOL 4*. Yay

Also just gonna go PRO since ELT is coming up with booty and I do not have an op fucker to farm it easily.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 8, 2017

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Go RV! posted:

Veritas of the Flames being grumpy about smug butterflies was good, along with basically everything else about him.

Yeah whoever they had doing the translation work does a pretty good job, Veritas of the Waters and Veritas of the Flames are legitimately entertaining. Shame about the third continent being filler.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I wish there was a way to revisit the cutscenes and dialogue stuff.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Yo goons, been playing a while now and it just occured to me oh I bet goons play this too

I'll add to the list at the front but for peeps here is my friend code : 308'305'899

I lucked out and opened up Queen on a ticket. I've tried to stat her up as best I can so people can use her. send me a request yo

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I've been replacing Exdeath and running elite with 4 Cinques and Queen whenever I've got a friend Olive with 1k+ attack, and even with no gold bombs or Nimbuses I can get ~800 phantoma a run, which is pretty damned amazing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I have four zidanes total, and two of them are at 50% now. Should I merge them or no? I know exdeath will want a dual wield, but Olive doesn't need it so I feel less importance is put on getting as many dual wields as possible.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Nuebot posted:

So I have four zidanes total, and two of them are at 50% now. Should I merge them or no? I know exdeath will want a dual wield, but Olive doesn't need it so I feel less importance is put on getting as many dual wields as possible.

Speaking as a player with the kind of luck that will leave me Zidane-less forever, don't you loving dare you lucky motherfucker.

Okay, that was maybe an overstatement on my poor luck, seeing as I drew Bartz, Olive, Refia, and Cecil in the same week, but if the prevailing opinion can be trusted, more dual-wields is more better.

vvvv hi five "Eight is my only bonus unit" buddy!

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 8, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Make the best of what you have. I've never drawn a Ludmille, for instance. Four Zidanes, though.

I've drawn one Eight for this banner so far. That was the only one. Usually I'd have gotten the 4* base by now... I guess things are really changed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rocketpriest posted:

Speaking as a player with the kind of luck that will leave me Zidane-less forever, don't you loving dare you lucky motherfucker.

Okay, that was maybe an overstatement on my poor luck, seeing as I drew Bartz, Olive, Refia, and Cecil in the same week, but if the prevailing opinion can be trusted, more dual-wields is more better.

I also have like four cecils and have taken to fusing new ones together for space. I don't even know how many bartz I have on hand because it's way too god drat many.

I've started trying to rush the story though, rather than TM farm or event spam because I want Odin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Go RV! posted:

The story is complete garbage. Jake is terrible and only redeemed by Lid's responses. Then there was the part where Lasswell takes a hit for Rain and tells them to keep going even though he's obviously dying. It's stupid but a well-worn trope so whatever. Then they beat the loving boss to save the station or whatever, there's no more urgency but Lasswell just decides, hey maybe I should die. Fina can heal that poo poo but Lasswell tells them to go on ahead for no good reason. Rain and Fina move on even though there's no reason for Lasswell to stay behind. Hey Rain, maybe when a teammate takes a hit and lags behind you should loving check on him in case they decide they want to die randomly. Good thing the power of determination for his sword or whatever keeps Lasswell alive.

gently caress, this poo poo is so stupid. Some of the veritas are entertaining but that doesn't even come close to making up for the rest.

• Locked thread