Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Things are looking up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Power trip, or incubus leaking?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Power trip, or incubus leaking?

Yes

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
How long until this blows up in her face (maybe literally)?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Poor Decisions Done With Style

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Pureauthor posted:

How long until this blows up in her face (maybe literally)?

about ten minutes into her first real fight

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i'm also going to make a prediction now and say if the hidden image of one-eyed-mystery-character is actually allison then she's going to lose that eye as a direct result of her actions re: incubus

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Yisun more like YASSun amirite

alternatively:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DaXJmo9cro&t=18s

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

she's literally drunk on power

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

she's literally drunk on power

Hey now that's giving her too much credit she's a relatively capable drunk.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
This looks pretty similar to when H.P. got the felix felicis (luck potion), and basically drunk walked his way to to success.

What I'm saying is, this looks to be a really fun arc.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
she's drunk as hell (on power) and has no idea what she's doing

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Harry Potter would if been infinitely improved if it had as many JoJo poses as this comic.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

reignonyourparade posted:

Hey now that's giving her too much credit she's a relatively capable drunk.

To be fair, considering Allison's life up to this point, she's had more time to become familiar with the effects of getting blind drunk than with the effects of confidence and high self-esteem.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Benson Cunningham posted:

This looks pretty similar to when H.P. got the felix felicis (luck potion), and basically drunk walked his way to to success.

What I'm saying is, this looks to be a really fun arc.

It took me a few seconds to realize you weren't talking about HP Lovecraft

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Speaking of infinitely improved, if you haven't seen Wizard People Dear Reader you need to go find it and watch it right now.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Benson Cunningham posted:

Speaking of infinitely improved, if you haven't seen Wizard People Dear Reader you need to go find it and watch it right now.

It's really funny, but I always get tired of it before the mid-point.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's really funny, but I always get tired of it before the mid-point.
Yeah, I found that the redubbing an entire movie in audiobook style led to a lot of inevitably repeated jokes. The first time that Uncle Dursley is compared to a pig is fine, but the fifteenth distinct time, complete with new nickname, it starts to wear.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hahaha she so has no goddamned idea

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, I found that the redubbing an entire movie in audiobook style led to a lot of inevitably repeated jokes. The first time that Uncle Dursley is compared to a pig is fine, but the fifteenth distinct time, complete with new nickname, it starts to wear.

On the plus side, it's led me to watch the few first parts so many times that I can safely skip them and start ahead.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Of all the poor decisions she's been making, that jacket ain't one of them.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

On the plus side, it's led me to watch the few first parts so many times that I can safely skip them and start ahead.

Beginning certainly drags, but there are just so many gems in it. It also compliments wizard sticks quite well.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Gnome de plume posted:

Of all the poor decisions she's been making, that jacket ain't one of them.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Allison with pink eyes is too cute.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I like the small touch of how the only thing that offended White Chain enough to prompt a response was the "Miss"

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Hiveminded posted:

I like the small touch of how the only thing that offended White Chain enough to prompt a response was the "Miss"

I don't think she was offended, more like surprised. Given how the other angels treat her, she probably isn't used to people calling her by the gender she actually identifies with.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Well she's still not really out of the closet, or whatever you call it. So it's probably just general defensiveness.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

JuniperCake posted:

I don't think she was offended, more like surprised. Given how the other angels treat her, she probably isn't used to people calling her by the gender she actually identifies with.
I took it as confused, because she's still in denial.

Not a hardcore, self-destructive sort of denial like Juggernaut is in, but an in the closet with the door open just a crack sort of denial.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah, I read it as surprised that someone identified her with her preferred gender.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Allison with pink eyes is too cute.

My Rising King Can't Be This Cute

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Green Intern posted:

Yeah, I read it as surprised that someone identified her with her preferred gender.

Back at the start of the comic White Chain was incredibly tetchy about being called a woman.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Phy posted:

Back at the start of the comic White Chain was incredibly tetchy about being called a woman.

That's the "in denial" part.

When somebody's in Narnia they're not about to acknowledge the closet.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I mean, when someone wants to be referred to as a male and you refer to them as a female, that's misgendering regardless of what that person's "actual" gender.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

I mean, when someone wants to be referred to as a male and you refer to them as a female, that's misgendering regardless of what that person's "actual" gender.

Well yeah of course

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Phy posted:

Yeah but it was done mockingly, hence the "we've heard the rumors". If that's the norm for her, then yeah that would be understandable why she would be tetchy about it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

White Chain is one big messed-up gender identity issue in a kung-fu shell.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

How did I not parse that last panel as Allison transmuting her Fantasy Cloak into a stylish jean jacket (with armored shoulders)?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, that's what it is :v:

that's kickass

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this seems to be what allison's on right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWkA_-lOHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Green Intern posted:

How did I not parse that last panel as Allison transmuting her Fantasy Cloak into a stylish jean jacket (with armored shoulders)?

You can see the jacket the panel before, preexisting and folded on a table.