Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, in any setting where healing magic is common, the whole "I'm wounded, go on without me" trope makes no sense. A lot of the story is pretty dumb, but I enjoy the Veritas and super evil doctor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Dark Fina was also pretty good when she was around in Olderion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The story is okay for a free-to-play game.

Nothing more, nothing less.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Yo goons, been playing a while now and it just occured to me oh I bet goons play this too

I'll add to the list at the front but for peeps here is my friend code : 308'305'899

I lucked out and opened up Queen on a ticket. I've tried to stat her up as best I can so people can use her. send me a request yo

Says you're full.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Says you're full.

Made some room try again ij the morning

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Games plot is inoffensive if cliched, so w/e

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

For me it's the settings and the art direction that pulls at my nostalgic heart-strings, every time I touch the game I feel like I just fell into final fantasy vi all over again.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Made some room try again ij the morning

Sent! IGN is okeydoke.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I don't know how it sounds in Japanese, but 'Purple Lightning' just throws me off every time its mentioned. It just reads like a bad translation.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

The story is complete garbage. Jake is terrible and only redeemed by Lid's responses. Then there was the part where Lasswell takes a hit for Rain and tells them to keep going even though he's obviously dying. It's stupid but a well-worn trope so whatever. Then they beat the loving boss to save the station or whatever, there's no more urgency but Lasswell just decides, hey maybe I should die. Fina can heal that poo poo but Lasswell tells them to go on ahead for no good reason. Rain and Fina move on even though there's no reason for Lasswell to stay behind. Hey Rain, maybe when a teammate takes a hit and lags behind you should loving check on him in case they decide they want to die randomly. Good thing the power of determination for his sword or whatever keeps Lasswell alive.

gently caress, this poo poo is so stupid. Some of the veritas are entertaining but that doesn't even come close to making up for the rest.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks this. Dark Fina was the only part of the story I've enjoyed because she was willing to call everyone out on being idiots. Flame is admittedly also amusing, but every single other character and plot point is moronic and cliched.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shoenin posted:

Sounds like every final fantasy then.

I still get a kick out of that one scene in FFX where the cat guy is stays behind to die fighting a monster ghost of the dude you murdered. Then halfway down a long rear end hall everyone's like "Nah lets go help him, I'm sure he's not dead yet".

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Shoenin posted:

Gumi is heavily staffed with former Media Vision devs (Wild Arms/Chaos Rings), which is why Brave Exvius essentially has the plot and art style of a Wild Arms game with Final Fantasy branding and the Brave Frontier battle system.

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 8, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Given how popular Nier Automata has been I'm still kind of hoping for a surprise crossover banner or something even if it won't ever happen.

More importantly though, how long is Olderion? I just got there and I'm on the shipwreck stage. I want that Odin. Even at level 92 with nothing but the christmas event gun equipped my Olive out damages my Dark Cecil embarassingly.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
The story is pretty bad but I enjoy all the (more or less) subtle intertextual allusions to the mainline series.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Sounds like every final fantasy then.

I still get a kick out of that one scene in FFX where the cat guy is stays behind to die fighting a monster ghost of the dude you murdered. Then halfway down a long rear end hall everyone's like "Nah lets go help him, I'm sure he's not dead yet".

At least the scene immediately before that was good, when said cat guy just up and runs his spear through the villain's chest in the middle of his "I'm so evil" speech.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Given how popular Nier Automata has been I'm still kind of hoping for a surprise crossover banner or something even if it won't ever happen.

More importantly though, how long is Olderion? I just got there and I'm on the shipwreck stage. I want that Odin. Even at level 92 with nothing but the christmas event gun equipped my Olive out damages my Dark Cecil embarassingly.
You have a good 5 or so dungeons left(including Carbuncle) + a town.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

You're thinking of a later Olderion dungeon, the shipwreck is the second dungeon. From the shipwreck there's 14 dungeons (and 2 towns and Carbunkle's dungeon). Then you get to Zoldaad where it's 11 story dungeons (and three towns) then Odin's dungeon to finally get him.

Specifically:
Plains -> Shipwreck -> Coast -> Old Olderion -> Woods -> Cove -> Burrow -> Lake -> New Olderion -> Ship -> Seas -> Spooky Ship -> Cape -> Stream -> Way (-> Grove for Carbunkle) -> Shrine
Train -> Wastelands -> Orphanage -> Tower -> Volcano -> Volcano Strikes Back -> Factory -> Shrine -> Valley -> Capital -> Castle -> Odin's House

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Cracked 900 atk on Noctis. Barring pulling a Ramza I think I'm done with his TMs for now at least.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Make the best of what you have. I've never drawn a Ludmille, for instance. Four Zidanes, though.

I've drawn one Eight for this banner so far. That was the only one. Usually I'd have gotten the 4* base by now... I guess things are really changed.

I have 12 Ludmilles from chasing Lightning. Only got my first Zidane recently. I've put my normal TM farming group on hold to spend a few days grinding up 5 of them to smash together for dualcast because I'm dumb for not doing it sooner.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Yeah, in any setting where healing magic is common, the whole "I'm wounded, go on without me" trope makes no sense. A lot of the story is pretty dumb, but I enjoy the Veritas and super evil doctor guy.

At least in Final Fantasy it's always been a matter of "oh well in battle you aren't dead dead, just KO'd or whatever" for why you can't just revive people like Leo after Kefka kills him, to say nothing of people like Tellah/Galuf. Though in a setting like D&D it's especially bad because there are literal "this can restore any injury without issue" spells like Heal and Resurrection. To say nothing of the-DM-actually-hates-you gotcha magic like Wish. Even Dragon Quest is "nope you absolutely died, but a higher power brought you back."

Varance posted:

Gumi is heavily staffed with former Media Vision devs (Wild Arms/Chaos Rings), which is why Brave Exvius essentially has the plot and art style of a Wild Arms game with Final Fantasy branding and the Brave Frontier battle system.

The first Wild Arms game was so much fun back on the PSX. :unsmith:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Orlandu enhancements are out in JP following maintenance:

Orlandu
黒獅子の紋章 Black Lion Emblem
+100% Blind/Sleep/Paralyze Resist & +40% ATK when equipped with Greatsword
+1: HP Up
+2: Atk Up when equipped with Swords or Katanas

聖光爆裂破 Holy Explosion
200% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist
+1: Damage Up (Medium)
+2: Damage Up (Medium), MP Cost Reduced (Small)

冥界恐叫打 Hellcry Punch
190% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -40% ATK/MAG Debuff
+1: ATK/MAG Reduced amount up (Small)
+2: Duration Up (Medium)

Nothing groundbreaking but good enough to put him back near the top of the pile. Not sure how he stacks up against OK with enhancements though but he seems better than Tidus and maybe slightly better than Eileen.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Something to look forward to a year from now, when we actually get Orlandeau. :v:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Varance posted:

Something to look forward to a year from now, when we actually get Orlandeau. :v:

Seriously. Orlandu-induced blue balls is killing me.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Seriously. Orlandu-induced blue balls is killing me.

I used to be like a lot of people and was saving every ticket I could but gave up after awhile. There's so many great units already and plenty more coming that I started using tickets to chase 5 stars that I wasn't wanting to spend for. Got Yun, DFina and Ace that way and was pretty pleased.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Orlandu enhancements are out in JP following maintenance:

Orlandu
黒獅子の紋章 Black Lion Emblem
+100% Blind/Sleep/Paralyze Resist & +40% ATK when equipped with Greatsword
+1: HP Up
+2: Atk Up when equipped with Swords or Katanas

聖光爆裂破 Holy Explosion
200% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist
+1: Damage Up (Medium)
+2: Damage Up (Medium), MP Cost Reduced (Small)

冥界恐叫打 Hellcry Punch
190% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -40% ATK/MAG Debuff
+1: ATK/MAG Reduced amount up (Small)
+2: Duration Up (Medium)

Nothing groundbreaking but good enough to put him back near the top of the pile. Not sure how he stacks up against OK with enhancements though but he seems better than Tidus and maybe slightly better than Eileen.

I suspect the Holy Explosion damage boosts alone are going to be huge. If Black Lion Emblem lets Excalibur+Genji Blade users double dip on the 40% attack bonus that's pretty kickass as well. More HP is nice too. Guessing Hellcry punch upgrades to a 50% debuff for 5 turns.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Just ran into Nimbus for my first time.

Actually it was 3 times in about 30 min. 2 of those times he appeared after I used lapis to restore NRG. The first was when I ran my last 10NRG on Pro.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Decided to burn a couple tickets since I still have 3 left to buy and like 90k'ish worth of poo poo left to buy that I want. Another Eight and a Cinque. gently caress it, I'll take it.

edit: OP Olive TMR-wise, my Olive is at 6% and my Bartz is at 16%, should I spend the trust moogle on Olive to bring her up to speed with Bartz and go from there, or spend it on Bartz to get Doublehand faster? They're both currently in every party I make to get every possible chance at a trust bump, but which thing would I be better served doing?

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 9, 2017

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I keep getting very different amounts of currency after each ELT run, and I think it's tied to how many bonus units are left alive at the end. If everyone but my carry dies, I get something like 180-195 + 780-795, but if the bonus units survive, it's 205-230 + 800-820. Same companion unit (Nine) each time. It's really weird. Is this a known mechanic or something new for this event?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So do any of you big spending, or lucky-as-gently caress, nocits owners have the ability to give him (or any offensive unit, really) 100% evasion? If so, put them up as your leader for Gilgamesh.

turnways posted:

I keep getting very different amounts of currency after each ELT run, and I think it's tied to how many bonus units are left alive at the end. If everyone but my carry dies, I get something like 180-195 + 780-795, but if the bonus units survive, it's 205-230 + 800-820. Same companion unit (Nine) each time. It's really weird. Is this a known mechanic or something new for this event?

It's because not every wave's enemies have a 100% drop rate for currency.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Picked up Queen today, that puts me at 2 FF w/e IDC units +1 friendo for the bonus. I was avging 300, now I'm up to ~550.

Also holy gently caress, one bomb adds a 3x multiplier 1500 phantoma :suspense:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ubiquitus posted:

Picked up Queen today, that puts me at 2 FF w/e IDC units +1 friendo for the bonus. I was avging 300, now I'm up to ~550.

Also holy gently caress, one bomb adds a 3x multiplier 1500 phantoma :suspense:

So that's how bombs work? I thought it was just a flat 250?

It'd be nice if I saw any anymore. I haven't seen a bomb or nimbus in ages.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
I saw Nimbus 3 times in 4 runs on Saturday, and have not seen him since. It'd be nice to run into him or a bomb at least once now that I have some bonus units and queen friends.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So that's how bombs work? I thought it was just a flat 250?

It'd be nice if I saw any anymore. I haven't seen a bomb or nimbus in ages.

I think so. I have only done PRO and ELT runs, and the one run where I had 3 FF-0 chars and found a golden bomb my score bumped drastically.

On runs where I haven't seen the bomb, I avg anywhere from 300-600 depending on drops on both PRO and ELT.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's because not every wave's enemies have a 100% drop rate for currency.

Oh, duh, jesus.

Also I'll need a few days but I could get my Noct up to 100% evade; I've already got 4x Quick Assaults, just need 1x 20-Sided Die and I'll be there. Will post friend code once maintenance comes back up.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

say no to bats posted:

I used to be like a lot of people and was saving every ticket I could but gave up after awhile. There's so many great units already and plenty more coming that I started using tickets to chase 5 stars that I wasn't wanting to spend for. Got Yun, DFina and Ace that way and was pretty pleased.

We have so much in common :allears:

But seriously, I want my loving Orlandu!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Who should I put up as friend for Gilgamesh? I've got a 1K Olive, a Lightning, a Luneth, Marie, and Queen(lol). I'll probably put Olive with sparky out there, but if somebody needs a Lightning/Luneth with excal/chirag I can accommodate. I have no idea if Marie is useful, I can go that route too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

We have so much in common :allears:

But seriously, I want my loving Orlandu!

I want the Orlandu banner to happen just so I can stop wanting the orlandu banner to happen.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Damnit I always forget wednesday is maintenance day

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cleared out some slots Kaboom Girl go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I feel bad that I predicted Orlandu to hit end of March / early April. Sorry guys.

• Locked thread